00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Monkt420 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

288,239 Views | 4,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-02-17 21:22:59

At 5 hours ago, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote:
At 1 day ago, Coop wrote:
Any idea of MVP candidates this season? Stamkos? Malkin? Howard? Datsyuk?
I haven't seen enough of the Lightning to know how well Stamkos is doing, but I think Malkin and Datsyuk at the two best players in the league right now. Can you imagine if they were on the same team every night? Would be pretty amazing.

His 39 goals lead the league and 66 points puts him in 3rd, behind Malkin (69) and Giroux (67). Datsyuk only seems to be an assist guy, that really comes to the fore when playing alongside a goal scorer. Kind of like a Joe Thornton to Jonathan Cheechoo that one year.

Mind you, Datsyuk is a good player, he just needs to find the net a little more often for my liking... or should that be less?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-02-17 22:54:39

At 1 day ago, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote:

Malkin might be the front runner for MVP this year, considering how Crosby is a virtual no-show. With Crosby out for however long, the Pens should be thanking their lucky stars that they Malkin is on fire, because without him, they would most likely go down the drain.

Speaking of down the drain, the Blue Jackets seem to be interested in trading away Rick Nash, considering how Columbus is an absolute joke now, {40 points this late in the season, WTF?} and has no real talent around him, or never has for that matter. For his sake, the Jackets should trade him away before the deadline, and get rid of Carter as well, and start all over again, because this is getting to the point where it's just depressing to even watch.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-02-18 19:00:46

At 20 hours ago, orangebomb wrote:
At 1 day ago, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote:
Malkin might be the front runner for MVP this year, considering how Crosby is a virtual no-show. With Crosby out for however long, the Pens should be thanking their lucky stars that they Malkin is on fire, because without him, they would most likely go down the drain.

We all knew he was good, being such a high draft pick himself. He's kept them a contender for sure and I'm not entirely convinced of his credentials, because the team isn't running away with the division.

Speaking of down the drain, the Blue Jackets seem to be interested in trading away Rick Nash, considering how Columbus is an absolute joke now, {40 points this late in the season, WTF?} and has no real talent around him, or never has for that matter.

I think that Nash would be a good fit in Minnesota. The Wild need someone who can score goals, as they have plenty of assist guys, but no-one to bang it in the net. That could bring them back into the playoff picture.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-02-18 22:52:23

At 3 hours ago, Coop wrote:
At 20 hours ago, orangebomb wrote:
We all knew he was good, being such a high draft pick himself. He's kept them a contender for sure and I'm not entirely convinced of his credentials, because the team isn't running away with the division.

Crosby's injuries is a part of the reason why they're not leading their division, but considering that the Rangers are virtually unstoppable right now, for the Pens to be where they are right now without Sid, that's going to give Malkin at least some heavy consideration for MVP. Of course, there is always a chance that they can be a surprise pick like the one last year with Perry in Anaheim.

I think that Nash would be a good fit in Minnesota. The Wild need someone who can score goals, as they have plenty of assist guys, but no-one to bang it in the net. That could bring them back into the playoff picture.

Minnesota would be ideal, but even if they do get Nash, their confidence has got to be shot considering that they got off to a hot start, and then tailspin from there. IMO the best team for Nash to go to would be the Los Angeles Kings, because they are absolutely abysmal when it comes to goal scoring, but because of Quick and their defensive play, they're still in the playoffs. I don't know how much better the Kings will be scoring goals with Nash on board, but at least they'll get something more production wise.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-02-24 14:32:36

So, how about that Detroit Home-Game Streak? Oh, it was ended by Vancouver. Told ya we had the best chance of ending it :D

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-02-24 22:36:51

Just got back from the Columbus Blue Jackets vs. The Colorado Avalanche game.

That was saddddd.

I'm glad I don't enjoy either team.

5-0 Avalanche.

"Waaaaa SEMEN waaaaa hurky durry... blowjob we need to fuck hurr durr"

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-03-12 12:55:00

Kings beat Chicago! There is still a chance for them to be in the playoffs!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-03-12 23:38:56

At 10 hours ago, DancingTomato wrote: Kings beat Chicago! There is still a chance for them to be in the playoffs!

I would've liked their chances better if LA got Rick Nash instead of Carter, but considering that Columbus beat them without Carter, I guess they made the right decision after all,{winning 4 out of their last 6 games} or rather just delayed the inevitable that Nash will be gone after the season.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-03-13 05:28:19

At 5 hours ago, orangebomb wrote:
At 10 hours ago, DancingTomato wrote: Kings beat Chicago! There is still a chance for them to be in the playoffs!
I would've liked their chances better if LA got Rick Nash instead of Carter, but considering that Columbus beat them without Carter, I guess they made the right decision after all,{winning 4 out of their last 6 games} or rather just delayed the inevitable that Nash will be gone after the season.

The one reason that Nash wasn't traded and Carter was instead, I think you will find is cap space. Nash is a massive hit at $6m and Carter is substantially less than that, for a shorter term.

I'm not so sure that Nash will be gone after the season, because the problem still remains. Sure, it's one season less for the contract, but Columbus need it off their books, badly and I'm not sure that Nash can justify that kind of spend from any NHL franchise at the moment.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-03-16 19:33:44

At 3 days ago, Coop wrote: The one reason that Nash wasn't traded and Carter was instead, I think you will find is cap space. Nash is a massive hit at $6m and Carter is substantially less than that, for a shorter term.

I think the difference is more that Columbus actually wanted to get rid of Carter. They were unsatisfied with his attitude/performance and he never wanted to be there in the first place. Moving him made sense for both sides. Nash is different; he is their franchise. Trading your captain, best player, fan favourite and generally the only bright spot your franchise has ever known, is a completely different type of deal. Columbus never wanted to get rid of him, (Nash requested a trade), and based upon what they were asking for in return, I doubt they ever seriously expected anyone to bite.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-03-24 03:07:19

WOO HOO!!! LA Kings take the Pacific Division! Yeah baby, see you all in the playoffs

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-03-24 09:01:32

At 7 days ago, EternitySpent wrote:
At 3 days ago, Coop wrote: The one reason that Nash wasn't traded and Carter was instead, I think you will find is cap space. Nash is a massive hit at $6m and Carter is substantially less than that, for a shorter term.
I think the difference is more that Columbus actually wanted to get rid of Carter.

Fair point. I think that there needs to be some form of major shake-up in Columbus and they are hoping for some help in the new CBA that's beeing mooted at the moment, to get out of the basement. Either that, or get someone good in the next few drafts, like Edmonton. Oh, wait.

At 5 hours ago, DancingTomato wrote: WOO HOO!!! LA Kings take the Pacific Division! Yeah baby, see you all in the playoffs

Hold your horses, you've not won anything yet. We've still got 2 weeks to go and you could finish 4th in your division, still outside, looking in. There's any three of six teams can get in the playoffs (LA; Dallas; Phoenix; San Jose; Colorado and Calgary) and they're all within 3 points of one another.

Come back next week, maybe you've managed to get up there and stay there by then :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-03-25 18:49:15

So I'm living down in South America right now. I've already been going through hockey withdrawal but there is no way I can miss the playoffs with the Rangers playing so well this year.

Can anybody recommend a good site for watching games free? The problem I've always had is that poor video quality makes it nearly impossible to see the puck on a lot of streaming sports sites. Looking for a site with good video quality if anyone knows of one. Thanks.

You're so pretty, like a tree, or a high-class prostitute.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-03-27 04:44:33

Well, I think that the playoffs are officially slipping from the grasp of the Avs now. Still, we've built a platform for next year. A healthy Duchene and Landeskog will certainly help this franchise go far, as will a more settled Semyon Varlamov, who could backstop us nicely.

I'd love to see playoff action, but with the amount of games that we've played and the way everyone around us is playing, we're about to hit the buffers, as everyone else is getting into playoff mode.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-03-29 21:32:43

At 3/27/12 04:44 AM, Coop wrote: Well, I think that the playoffs are officially slipping from the grasp of the Avs now. Still, we've built a platform for next year. A healthy Duchene and Landeskog will certainly help this franchise go far, as will a more settled Semyon Varlamov, who could backstop us nicely.

I'd love to see playoff action, but with the amount of games that we've played and the way everyone around us is playing, we're about to hit the buffers, as everyone else is getting into playoff mode.

You're still in the same division as the team that has been dominant for the past and has been the only ones in the division to make the playoffs. Still, always another year

#BallBusting

:P

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-03-30 09:52:13

At 3/29/12 09:47 PM, tyler2513 wrote: After being shut out by L.A Calgary's chances of making the playoffs are looking tight. I was hoping the Flames and the Jets would both make it in.

Again, see the previous post, being in the same division with the Vancouver Canucks who have held the Northwest Division title for the past 4 years means that it's really hard for the other teams in that division to make it. That and the other western conference teams have been playing better. Unless you're the BlueJackets.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2013-02-01 21:43:23

Bump?

So who do you think has the best chance of winning the cup this year? The Sharks are looking pretty good. I would love to say the Flames (since I'm a fan) but even the Leafs have a better chance right now. Hopefully Iggy wakes up soon.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2013-02-02 16:55:09

At 2/1/13 09:43 PM, UVSoaked wrote: So who do you think has the best chance of winning the cup this year?

It's far too early to make these sort of decisions - there will be lots of injuries before then and teams can and will change on a seemingly daily basis.

Sure, Tarasenko, the Blues rookie looks good for the Calder at present, but hockey players blow hot and cold, so let's see it play out a little more, first.

I'll be giving verdicts on who has chances, when we're down to 16 teams with a shot at the cup (and I'll probably be wrong)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2013-02-02 17:46:44

At 2/1/13 09:43 PM, UVSoaked wrote: Bump?

So who do you think has the best chance of winning the cup this year? The Sharks are looking pretty good. I would love to say the Flames (since I'm a fan) but even the Leafs have a better chance right now. Hopefully Iggy wakes up soon.

The Sharks might actually get it done this year since they have less games to choke away and might find themselves in top form come the playoffs for once.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2013-02-02 18:49:47

At 2/2/13 05:46 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 2/1/13 09:43 PM, UVSoaked wrote: Bump?

The Sharks might actually get it done this year since they have less games to choke away and might find themselves in top form come the playoffs for once.

Yep, the short season will definitely be an advantage for some teams, and also hurt some, mainly the teams that take awhile to get the natural flow of the game going. But yeah, great to see Marleau still has his game. Hopefully Iginla shows some more energy tonight against Chicago. It's hockey night!

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2013-05-06 05:42:17

What no-one gives a shit about the playoffs? Lame.

Here's my predictions:

East
Pittsburgh over New York Islanders in 5
Montreal over Ottawa in 6
Washington over New York Rangers in 5
Boston over Toronto in 4 (Yeah, I know, but I'm being honest)

West
Chicago over Minnesota in 6
Detroit over Anaheim in 7
San Jose over Vancouver in 6 (So tempted to change this to sweep now)
Los Angeles over Saint Louis in 5

So I've already got two scores wrong, but I have a shot at the results in them all still...

Plus the Avs get the #1 draft pick, so they had better draft Seth Jones, as we really do need defencemen!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2013-05-07 23:58:50

I've never seen such a terrible ref job than tonight in these playoffs. The Senators are getting blowjob after blowjob from the refs. These refs are just letting everything through for these guys. So many cases of obstruction, bad calls and that fucking first goal by the sens in the third period... give me a fucking break!

The Senators didn't win any of these games fair. They should have went out in 4, or MAXIMUM in 5 but instead they are leading the serie 3-1. Fuck that shit...

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2013-05-20 01:32:15

Tonight's game between the Penguins and the Senators was great! The Penguins were in control all game long, too bad they couldn't keep their advantage and score the winning goal in overtime. I'll watch the next matches for sure :)

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2013-05-23 23:22:23

Rangers still in this.

Please beat the Bruins.

Don't let them get away with that fluke win against Toronto.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2013-10-29 12:06:20

Wow, the season is going on and NO ONE has posted here. I'm admittedly a casual fan (I follow Hurricanes hockey pretty passionatly, but when it comes to the rest of the league I'm usually out of the loop... Pissed off over the Penguines game BTW) so... Think this thing can get rolling again? XD

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2014-04-09 00:49:43

Flyers

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2014-04-18 17:32:35

Flyers played bad in game 1 near the end with way too many penalties. Not to mention the fact that the Refs ignored all the hooking and tripping the New York Rangers were doing. Refs helping to decide the outcome of hockey games. With that said, the Flyers should have found a way to win even if the Refs are helping out New York.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2014-04-19 02:39:46

A play on the Bruins playing like a dirty thug. He should be suspended for this shit. Don't know what the Red Wings player did to deserve a cheap shot like that. If the other player was playing dirty then fight him like a man, don't be a queermo and land a cheap shot like that.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/4/18/5629770/milan-lucic-gives-danny-dekeyser-a-cup-check

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2015-01-08 20:37:52

Detroit will win the cup this year.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2015-01-08 21:33:29

At 1/8/15 08:37 PM, Luke wrote: Detroit will win the cup this year.

I disagree, the may be up on the leaderboard but I don't see them even winning the conference. There are much better teams in the East right now.

Today I learned I'm a pimp and a cool. Upvote me to karma heaven, bitches.

Here's my letterboxd that I don't update.

Here's my IMDb that I update more.