00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Monkt420 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

288,240 Views | 4,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-12-01 09:00:11

At 11/30/11 08:22 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I can't believe Buffalo is below Toronto in the division

Why is this happening?

I think the reasoning for that must be to do with Phil Kessel. He's on pace for a career year by some way, as is Joffrey Lupul. I think the wheeler-dealing from the front office in Toronto has finally showed some promise.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-12-01 23:09:54

At 11/30/11 08:22 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I can't believe Buffalo is below Toronto in the division

Why is this happening?

Toronto is actually been playing some good hockey, most notably with Phil Kessel having a career year, and Ryan Miller has been out for some time, which is definitely the last thing they need to have.

Good thing that you aren't a Blue Jackets fan, that is probably the worst situation any team is in right now, especially with Rick Nash and Jeff Carter, who are the 2 best players on that team and everyone else is utter crap.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-12-02 17:54:02

At 12/1/11 08:34 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
At 12/1/11 09:00 AM, Coop wrote: I think the reasoning for that must be to do with Phil Kessel. He's on pace for a career year by some way, as is Joffrey Lupul. I think the wheeler-dealing from the front office in Toronto has finally showed some promise.
That, and Toronto has some good new blood, like Dion Phaneuf.

This is his second full year in Toronto - how could you not notice a guy like that landing there? I'll admit that now he's starting to hit his stride, because the players in front of him will be giving him points, as he racks up assists mostly as his scoring goes.

At 12/1/11 11:09 PM, orangebomb wrote: Good thing that you aren't a Blue Jackets fan, that is probably the worst situation any team is in right now, especially with Rick Nash and Jeff Carter, who are the 2 best players on that team and everyone else is utter crap.

Yeah, I had a good feeling for Columbus fans about the Jeff Carter trade. how long has he got left on his contract?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-12-13 06:22:55

At 12/13/11 12:30 AM, FBIpolux wrote: Kaberle to come back in reinforcement to Montreal.

That would be in reinforcement of Montreal - just a little grammatical error, but it does make all the difference.

I don't think it was a bad idea, actually.

Should be a nice boost to you. Now to see what things are like down in the basement of the NHL, we're already trying to decide on making a playoff run, or pushing for a decent draft pick...

What a great year 2011 has been :D

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-12-15 18:00:56

At 12/14/11 12:48 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
At 12/13/11 06:22 AM, Coop wrote:
At 12/13/11 12:30 AM, FBIpolux wrote: Kaberle to come back in reinforcement to Montreal.
That would be in reinforcement of Montreal - just a little grammatical error, but it does make all the difference.
Excuse my FRENCH.

I know, that's why I'm helping you out!

I don't think it was a bad idea, actually.
Should be a nice boost to you. Now to see what things are like down in the basement of the NHL, we're already trying to decide on making a playoff run, or pushing for a decent draft pick...

What a great year 2011 has been :D
Well there's two excellent Russian Players that will probably end up being Number 1 and Number 2 picks next year. But I wonder if some teams actually voluntarily lose the last games of the calendar just to make sure they're first to pick the next year...

I wouldn't say that teams do, though some teams become sellers and the GM never helps the coach out around deadline time, before firing him in the off-season anyway.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2011-12-17 12:25:41

Be careful what you say about Kaberle, everything you dish out in praise will eventually be repaid in curses. The dude gives up more odd man rushes than anyone I've ever seen and he's one of the softest players in the league. Ideally if he played 100% of his shifts on the PP, he'd be unstoppable -- it's just that defense thing that gives him trouble.

But yeah Leafs have been playing some decent hockey, but the poor penalty killing is getting silly. Last in the league. Again. If the Leafs had even a league average PK, they'd be battling Boston in the standings, not Buffalo.

Also, Jacques Martin, the next to go.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-01-01 02:56:44

so i thought tonights game was pretty tight. fingers crossed - canada is going to win.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-01-02 10:44:58

NHL Winter Classic today, Philly Vs New York Rangers. There will be some bad blood there, despite Claude Giroux's sister getting engaged on the ice yesterday. I'm looking forward to there being a very enjoyable game for a neutral, while I'm waiting for the Kings and Avs to start.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-01-04 00:27:36

My favourite team has always been the Toronto Maple Leafs, as this was my grandfather's favourite team. It really rubbed off on me too. The Leafs used to be way good back in the 60's, now they just suck. I still like them though.

Did anybody know that Canada's leading food chain is named after the great Tim Horton, who played hockey for the Leafs back in the 60's? The Tim Hortons food chain is famous for its doughnuts and and coffee. their chili isn't too bad either. Tim Hortons even overtook McDonald's in Canada. And trust me, they do have lots of good baked goods and they even have lunches and burgers. Best restaurant ever.

Another hockey team I like is the Ottawa Senators.

Neo Classical Shredder

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-01-04 04:21:34

At 1/4/12 12:27 AM, PsyhcoWalrus wrote: Another hockey team I like is the Ottawa Senators.

Well, you've got seven underachieving Canadian ice hockey franchises to choose from, so why not pick more than one?

Mind you, with that said, the Leafs did just unload on Tampa Bay, 7-3, with Joffrey Lupul hitting his stride again. 44 points in 39 games and he's looking good alongside his linemate, Phil Kessel (22g; 45pts through 39)

Toronto just needs some depth. As for Ottawa, I have no idea what they need.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-01-09 01:47:37

Ottawa is actually 7-1-2 in their last 10, and have generally been one of the stronger teams in the Eastern Conference of late, as nauseating as that is for me to say.

Sucks to be Pittsburgh though:
Sidney Crosby - out indefinitely - concussion
Kris Letang - out indefinitely - concussion
Jordan Staal - 4-6 weeks - knee
James Neal - out indefinitely - broken foot

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-01-10 10:53:04

At 1/4/12 04:21 AM, Coop wrote:
Well, you've got seven underachieving Canadian ice hockey franchises to choose from, so why not pick more than one?

I'd hardly call the Vancouver Canucks underachieving Mr. Avalanche fan. We just have problems... most of them being named Luongo.

Schnieds would've won us the cup... probably.

But being top of the Division for the past 4 years and right now top of the west is hardly underachieving.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-01-12 22:30:01

Rumor has it that the next Winter Classic will be Detroit and Toronto, played at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor. 110,000 seats to fill. If not Toronto, Montreal would have worked, since Red Wings-Canadiens games are usually pretty good anyway. I'm pretty goddamn excited.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-01-12 22:43:02

At 1/12/12 10:30 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Rumor has it that the next Winter Classic will be Detroit and Toronto, played at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor. 110,000 seats to fill. If not Toronto, Montreal would have worked, since Red Wings-Canadiens games are usually pretty good anyway. I'm pretty goddamn excited.

They did it before with the Cold War, {Michigan vs. Michigan State} although I don't know if they are going to fill the stadium full, or put tarp on some of those seats. It makes me wonder though, where is the next place they are going to put the Winter Classic? I would guess that Ohio Stadium would be next one up, if the Blue Jackets aren't godawful as they are next year.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-01-13 00:38:14

At 1/12/12 10:30 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Rumor has it that the next Winter Classic will be Detroit and Toronto, played at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor. 110,000 seats to fill. If not Toronto, Montreal would have worked, since Red Wings-Canadiens games are usually pretty good anyway. I'm pretty goddamn excited.

I'd rather have Canucks vs Blackhawks but... personal bias.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-01-13 02:46:32

Wow, after that game, I hate the Stars even more now. FUCK THE DALLAS STARS!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-01-13 11:58:01

At 1/10/12 10:53 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote:
At 1/4/12 04:21 AM, Coop wrote: Well, you've got seven underachieving Canadian ice hockey franchises to choose from, so why not pick more than one?
I'd hardly call the Vancouver Canucks underachieving Mr. Avalanche fan. We just have problems... most of them being named Luongo.

When you've got that much talent, you should be able to lift the cup. How many cups are in your trophy cabinet? :P

Our formula had one World Class Galotender (Roy); Two World Class Forwards (Sakic; Forsberg) and a bunch of other talent mixed in with good coaching and we cambe back with cups in '96 and 2001.

1982 - Swept Vs NYI
1994 - Lost in 7 Vs NYR
2011 - Lost in 7 Vs Boston

Seriously, the only way you could choke worse is by staking a 3 game lead and losing the series 4-3. It's surely only a matter of time before you win...

But being top of the Division for the past 4 years and right now top of the west is hardly underachieving.

Second place? That's just a fancy word for losing. Avs are 2-0, you're 0-3.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-01-13 12:24:04

At 1/13/12 11:58 AM, Coop wrote:

Second place? That's just a fancy word for losing. Avs are 2-0, you're 0-3.

Losing? Funny, that's just what the Avs are doing right now. Avs are 3rd in a division where the Canucks are the only fucking team worth a damn in. Hell, they were the only team from the division to make it to the post season last year because the rest of the Division is that bad. THe only other team that honestly has a chance of making the post season other than the Canucks right now int the Northwest division is Minnesota. And they're pushing 8th place right now in the Western Standings at the best. But hey 2 points so you're not far behind... Ofcourse, if that means the Canucks get a easy Playoff series against the Avs I'm fine with that.

Oh and lets see, the cabinet does look empty without the Cup yes, but there's a number of other individual and team awards in there and that is something to say. So call me in 3 years once Colorado collects enough top draft picks to be a decent team again. But, by then, we'll be in difference conferences and you'll be happy that we don't face roll your entire team :P.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-01-14 15:17:33

Two weeks in a row Detroit and Chicago have had very intense games, man it was great to see the Wings play on NBC today. Pierre is a creep but Doc knows his stuff and enjoys his job. I really hope these teams meet in the playoffs, it'll be a must-see.

At 1/14/12 02:22 PM, Canas wrote: A brief history of Rick DiPietro..
Worst contract of all time. He is now having sports hernia surgery and is out for the rest of the season

Ouch.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-01-15 10:06:36

At 1/13/12 12:24 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote:
At 1/13/12 11:58 AM, Coop wrote: Second place? That's just a fancy word for losing. Avs are 2-0, you're 0-3.
Losing? Funny, that's just what the Avs are doing right now.

You've got to start somewhere - 2-1 win over the Stars last night, so we're doing something right, by staying in the hunt.

Avs are 3rd in a division where the Canucks are the only fucking team worth a damn in.

In your opinion. I'd say that there's 3 teams worth something (VAN, MIN and COL), which could change year on year.

The only other team that honestly has a chance of making the post season other than the Canucks right now int the Northwest division is Minnesota. And they're pushing 8th place right now in the Western Standings at the best. But hey 2 points so you're not far behind... Ofcourse, if that means the Canucks get a easy Playoff series against the Avs I'm fine with that.

I seriously think that we'll do a bit better than 8th - you may end up facing us in the playoffs, as it may be a 3-6 matchup. Who knows?

Oh and lets see, the cabinet does look empty without the Cup yes, but there's a number of other individual and team awards in there and that is something to say.

Ah, but there's no I in team. If Luongo doesn't bottle, you should be able to win the cup - the team you had last season was the best chance you've had and the changes this time around may have been a slight step back, but it's not killed you, as you still have the Sedins to build the team around.

So call me in 3 years once Colorado collects enough top draft picks to be a decent team again. But, by then, we'll be in difference conferences and you'll be happy that we don't face roll your entire team :P.

Pfft. We shall see. I'm confident that we're growing as a team and when Landeskog hits his stride with Matt Duchene centering him, we'll have something to shout about. When we find the net against you (February 15th), it'll be like a dam breaking.

At 1/14/12 02:22 PM, Canas wrote: A brief history of Rick DiPietro..

Be fair, you did miss the (brief) part where he didn't suck. 30-24-5 the season before and 32-19-9 in the seasons before and after the contract. Granted, he's a combined 37-50-11 since then, but that's professional sport.

Worst contract of all time. He is now having sports hernia surgery and is out for the rest of the season

Yeah. If they'd signed him to 5 years, they would have gotten rid of him by now.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-01-22 23:25:15

Central division is carnage right now, absolutely awesome at this point in time. Four of the Original Six are doing great, very competitive season, I'm really enjoying it right now.

Also, enjoy this tweet from Craig Custance:
Just spoke with Pavel Datsyuk, who says he wants to be the last pick in the All-Star fantasy draft. "I want the car," he said.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-01-26 14:47:12

At 1/22/12 11:25 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Just spoke with Pavel Datsyuk, who says he wants to be the last pick in the All-Star fantasy draft. "I want the car," he said.

I wish I'd won a car when I was the last pick in the playground :(

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-02-12 18:54:39

Anyone watching Flyers vs Red Wings? Detroit supposedly has won their past 19 home games! I hope the Flyers break their winning streak. :)

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-02-12 20:51:37

At 1 hour ago, WadeFulp wrote: Anyone watching Flyers vs Red Wings? Detroit supposedly has won their past 19 home games! I hope the Flyers break their winning streak. :)

This is certainly the toughest team that Detroit has faced in their home winning streak, but with that said, the Flyers seem to have a habit of sleepwalking recently, so I'm hoping that they don't fall apart like they did with the Rangers a couple of nights ago. You would think that a young team like the Flyers would be much better at home than on the road, but hasn't always been the case.

If Detroit does win this game, it'll be 20 straight on home ice, which would tie the '75-'76 Flyers team for most consecutive home wins. It'll be interesting if the Red Wings do win the Cup this year like they Flyers did in '75-'76, if they do win this game.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-02-12 22:20:00

At 1 hour ago, orangebomb wrote:
At 1 hour ago, WadeFulp wrote:
If Detroit does win this game, it'll be 20 straight on home ice, which would tie the '75-'76 Flyers team for most consecutive home wins. It'll be interesting if the Red Wings do win the Cup this year like they Flyers did in '75-'76, if they do win this game.

Correction, the Flyers did not win the Cup in '76 when they had their 20 straight home winning streak.

Still, it was very impressive of the Red Wings to win and tie the record for most consecutive home wins in a row, and most likely, they will break the record when they play Dallas on Tuesday.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-02-13 04:26:40

At 9 hours ago, WadeFulp wrote: Anyone watching Flyers vs Red Wings? Detroit supposedly has won their past 19 home games! I hope the Flyers break their winning streak. :)

It's looking unlikely that anyone will at the moment - they just seem to have a habit of doing enough to win. Bastards.

At 6 hours ago, orangebomb wrote: Still, it was very impressive of the Red Wings to win and tie the record for most consecutive home wins in a row, and most likely, they will break the record when they play Dallas on Tuesday.

On the positive side, Dallas need to win, to keep in touch with the playoff pack. Chicago are slowly getting draged into the mess as well, with 65 points, against LA's 65, Phoenix' 62, Calgary and Colorado on 60, Dallas on 59 and Minnesota slipping out of touch on 58. Wow, the Wild started so well and now appear to be sinking fast? Fix before the deadline, or become a selling team again?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-02-13 11:12:02

At 16 hours ago, WadeFulp wrote: Anyone watching Flyers vs Red Wings? Detroit supposedly has won their past 19 home games! I hope the Flyers break their winning streak. :)

Detroit is still a much better team overall than the Flyers. As good as the Flyers are they are lacking in a lot and Bryz and the boys aren't doing much. Plus they kind of are like pussies now compared to the old Broad Street Bullies, for good reason naturally but they lost two core members of their team and Danny Briere and company have to pick up the slack.

And Vancouver is probably the best chance to beat Detroit at Home right now. But personal bias. Still, Luongo has a shitty time at the Joe, Schneids could pull it off though.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-02-14 23:57:58

21 straight home wins in a row, in a convincing fashion. Detroit is on quite a roll. Probably the best Valentine's day ever.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-02-16 08:05:12

At 1 day ago, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: 21 straight home wins in a row, in a convincing fashion. Detroit is on quite a roll. Probably the best Valentine's day ever.

Nah, that was when Stevie Y planted a kiss on another wings player for Kiss Cam, as Shanny looked on. Classic.

Shannahan would probably suspend someone for that nowadays.

Any idea of MVP candidates this season? Stamkos? Malkin? Howard? Datsyuk?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2012-02-17 15:40:17

At 1 day ago, Coop wrote:
Any idea of MVP candidates this season? Stamkos? Malkin? Howard? Datsyuk?

I haven't seen enough of the Lightning to know how well Stamkos is doing, but I think Malkin and Datsyuk at the two best players in the league right now. Can you imagine if they were on the same team every night? Would be pretty amazing.