00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Radiami just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

288,222 Views | 4,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-17 10:11:29

At 11/17/06 08:34 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 11/17/06 04:25 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: I'd suggest Kessel. Goals in two straight, and getting time on the powerplay again. And possibly a Mike Grier. Bell has been pretty nonexistant of late, and Grier has shown he can handle life on a line with Joe.
Thanks for the tips *adds to shopping list*

Next on the agenda is Cory Stillman of the Maple Leafs... is it worth holding on to him, as the shoulder surgery could keep him out until after Xmas, where I could be using the points better

I thought he was on the Canes :\. I'd hang on to him as long as he's on an IR slot, since that doesn't take up one of the places for your regular players. He'll probably be a point per once he gets back.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-17 10:52:23

At 11/17/06 04:18 AM, Coop83 wrote: Well, my best fantasy Goalie is Huet... he's getting to a warm streak at the moment, which has seen me rise to the dizzy heights of 16th in the fantasy league

What fantasy league?

-Disregard females (fuck bitches)

-Acquire currency (get money)

-Ignite cannabis frequently (smoke sum with your homies)

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-17 11:51:26

At 11/17/06 10:11 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: I thought he was on the Canes :\.

He is - it's a Friday and my brain's fried

I'd hang on to him as long as he's on an IR slot, since that doesn't take up one of the places for your regular players. He'll probably be a point per once he gets back.

I'll hang onto him then

At 11/17/06 10:52 AM, Whabs wrote: What fantasy league?

Newgrounds Fantasy League

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-18 01:47:22

At 11/17/06 11:51 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 11/17/06 10:52 AM, Whabs wrote: What fantasy league?
Newgrounds Fantasy League

I think he'd be able to look at the league here:
http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/ 11119

and check out the rosters. But the time to join has long past.

Tonight kipper blew a shutout with less than a minute left. :(.

My newest addition, Holmqvist, picked up a win for me as well.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-18 16:04:24

At 11/18/06 01:47 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: I think he'd be able to look at the league here:

Yeah, that's a shame, because we need active players in the league (and more depths to plumb with me :P)

Tonight kipper blew a shutout with less than a minute left. :(.

Man, that always sucks

My newest addition, Holmqvist, picked up a win for me as well.

But that's a neat consolation

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-20 02:04:02

At 11/18/06 04:04 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 11/18/06 01:47 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: I think he'd be able to look at the league here:

Yeah, that's a shame, because we need active players in the league (and more depths to plumb with me :P)

Grier with the shorty. osnap.

Tonight Holmqvist got lit up for 4 goals on 30 shots, but ended up breaking even. That paved the way for the Ducks Coyotes game, in which Andy Macdonald put up a four point night with a pair of goals and a pair of assists, Pronger notched two assists to tie teammate Scott Niedermayer for the defensive scoring lead, and Yanic Perrault got a goal in his fifth straight and added an assist.

Not a bad night for the amount of players I had playing. Hopefully I'll have added a decent amount of padding to the lead.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-20 05:30:52

At 11/20/06 02:04 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Grier with the shorty. osnap.

And I made the right choice with my goalies - Benched Budaj and he got the win, with 25 saves, while Dunham makes 35 and Huet makes 42, both getting wins.

Colorado trying to beat the Stars tonight, that could be a good game

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-20 10:42:14

At 11/20/06 05:30 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 11/20/06 02:04 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Grier with the shorty. osnap.
And I made the right choice with my goalies - Benched Budaj and he got the win, with 25 saves, while Dunham makes 35 and Huet makes 42, both getting wins.

Colorado trying to beat the Stars tonight, that could be a good game

I can only hope Wolski snaps out of his funk tonight. He's been worth negative points during my current run at the top.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-20 11:25:59

At 11/20/06 10:42 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: I can only hope Wolski snaps out of his funk tonight. He's been worth negative points during my current run at the top.

I just get the feeling that it's going to be a good night for Hejduk and Svatos tonight. I don't know why

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-21 19:51:33

At 11/20/06 11:25 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 11/20/06 10:42 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: I can only hope Wolski snaps out of his funk tonight. He's been worth negative points during my current run at the top.
I just get the feeling that it's going to be a good night for Hejduk and Svatos tonight. I don't know why

Your psychic powers amaze. Too bad a three point night for Svatos and a goal from Hejduk weren't enough to beat the Stars.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-21 22:01:58

i guess i will join toronto maple leafs and Anaheim Ducks

oh and barrie colts(OHL)

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-22 00:58:05

Whew. First game tonight of what was my favorite season series from last year.

Ducks and Sharks met on Anaheim ice. Last year they split the season series and ended up seperated but a single point in the standings.

Flash forward and the Sharks are a mere 3 points behind the Ducks. A win tonight could bring them a single point from first in the division and conference.

Alas, it was not to be. Led by the highest scoring defense in the league, the Ducks rolled over the Sharks 5-0. Jigs was in net and made most everything look easy, save for a Marleau shot that rang off the post and into the stands.

Selanne notched the 498th and 499th goals of his career. Hopefully he gets 500 when he plays the Devils on friday, as I'll be attendance for the tilt.

The Ducks now sit with 5 points over the Sharks in the same amount of games played.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-22 04:14:55

At 11/21/06 07:51 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Your psychic powers amaze. Too bad a three point night for Svatos and a goal from Hejduk weren't enough to beat the Stars.

Well, what can I say... maybe I should predict Budaj beating his hoodoo against the Stars (but that would be pushing the envelope and make me look like an ass)

At 11/22/06 12:58 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Selanne notched the 498th and 499th goals of his career. Hopefully he gets 500 when he plays the Devils on friday, as I'll be attendance for the tilt.

If there's one thing I don't like about nhl.com it's that I can't access enough stats, like all time goal scorers lists etc.

I'd love to see who leads the active scorers, but I think it's Shanahan, followed closely by Jagr - 615 / 602

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-24 01:19:00

Okay, Huselius, McAmmond, Brown, Esche, Kelly, and Stuart down.

Now to get rid of Denis and de Vries.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-24 04:08:05

At 11/24/06 01:19 AM, Buddhist wrote: Okay, Huselius, McAmmond, Brown, Esche, Kelly, and Stuart down.

Now to get rid of Denis and de Vries.

Don't even think about trying to offload them onto me!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-25 16:26:07

At 11/24/06 04:08 AM, Coop83 wrote: Don't even think about trying to offload them onto me!

Man I already have enough shit players via trades, like Doan and Arnott and Cleary.

suck my balls Canas ;_;

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-25 18:52:45

Woooooo.

Man, I went to the Ducks/Devils tilt on Friday and it had to be the best game I've seen in a long while.

There were monster hits, sweet goals, a few scrums and a big fight.

I was skeptical when the ducks first acquired Parros, but after watching him physically dominate Scott Parker and Cam Janssen in consecutive games, I'm a believer.

He even removed Janssen for the entirety of the contest.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-26 15:21:50

Wolski rebounded from his benching during the game against anaheim to the tune of 1 goals and 3 assists in a win over the Canucks.

Wolski figured into every goal in the 4-1 win, while showing continued chemistry with fellow freshman Paul Stastny, who got a three point night under his belt.

In other news, odds look good that the Flames will beat the ducks for the second time in regulation. It's believed that John Giguere has a broken finger, and Bryzzy is out with groin issues.

Their desired third stringer, Leighton, would have to clear waivers before reporting to the big club. So, for tonight's game, they're going with either Mike Wall or McKee in the nets. ouch.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-27 08:48:54

At 11/26/06 03:21 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Wolski rebounded from his benching during the game against anaheim to the tune of 1 goals and 3 assists in a win over the Canucks.

Wolski figured into every goal in the 4-1 win, while showing continued chemistry with fellow freshman Paul Stastny, who got a three point night under his belt.

Yay, good news about the Avs!

Shame there's still not any good news about my team, but I'll keep trying to get myself into a winning position... too many players playing shit, I'm afraid

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-29 03:38:08

At 11/27/06 08:48 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Yay, good news about the Avs!

Shame they got punished by the Flames. In addition to the whooping, pope had the hugest fantasy night I can ever recall seeing.

Shame there's still not any good news about my team, but I'll keep trying to get myself into a winning position... too many players playing shit, I'm afraid

I had a player in every possible position playing and I only came away with 9 points. While that's still quite a few more than second, it's a bit disheartening. Especially since Holmqvist's days as the number one may just have reverted into a time share.

At least there was an overall positive feeling to the night, as the Ducks went into Edmonton and snapped a 12 game losing streak there. Tonight was the first time the ducks have beaten the Oilers in the regular season at rexall place in the new millenium.

As expected, the boo-birds were out in force. But that really didn't impact Prongs at all. He made a fantastic pass to Selanne that went into the net to put the Ducks behind by only a single marker. The Ducks would continue to press the Oilers in the second, but went into the lockerroom down a goal.

After utterly dominating the first few minutes of the third, Craig MacTavish calls a timeout to rally his troops, but to no avail. The Ducks keep pressing and eventually get one in with a mere 16 seconds left. My, that was exciting.

It was the second time this year the Ducks have tied with less than a minute left in the game, compared to none that I can remember from a year ago. Cut to overtime where Ryan Smyth makes a bad pass that's intercept by Getzlaf. Getzlaf swoops down the left side and waits for defenseman Jason Smith to screen Rollie. He zips one past the netminder for the win.

notes: in two games against edmonton, Chris Pronger has 4 assists. He also finished the night a plus 1 to leave him as the sole holder of second in the league in plus/minus behind Lidstrom.

As for my fantasy team, I've started dropping/picking up a player daily because I have a weak spot on my roster. Each day I grab someone that'll be playing a game, in hopes they get some points. Since I've already got 3 Sharks in action tomorrow, I figured I'd grab Mike Smith. He filled in at left wing for Bell while he was hurt, and Smith can play all three forward positions. With Cheechoo out, and Grier possibly absent from tomorrow's game, this gives me high hopes.

The reason Grier might miss the next game is because he took a spill against the blues, and as he was sliding towards the boards his helmet flew off. His naked skull slammed against the boards and he lay on the ice stunned for a while. When he lifted his head a decent amount of blood had accumulated on the ice.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-29 04:19:50

At 11/29/06 03:38 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Shame they got punished by the Flames. In addition to the whooping, pope had the hugest fantasy night I can ever recall seeing.

Well, that was just the way to put me off my breakfast - Score Tonight, which gets played as my breakfast viewing over in the UK, with the presenters singing "Dion Phaneuf, do do di do do, Dion Phaneuf, do do di do"

Still, at least Huet managed to get a 36 save shutout for me... and to think I almost traded him for Fernandez a few days back

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-30 11:56:36

At 11/29/06 04:19 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 11/29/06 03:38 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Shame they got punished by the Flames. In addition to the whooping, pope had the hugest fantasy night I can ever recall seeing.
Well, that was just the way to put me off my breakfast - Score Tonight, which gets played as my breakfast viewing over in the UK, with the presenters singing "Dion Phaneuf, do do di do do, Dion Phaneuf, do do di do"

Still, at least Huet managed to get a 36 save shutout for me... and to think I almost traded him for Fernandez a few days back

I remember you kicking yourself at the beginning of the season for that deal, too. Now fernandez has lost something like 7 of his last ten starts.

On the back of a win for Nabokov and a game winner from Steve Bernier I came agonizingly close to being the first to break the 700 barrier. Just .8 away. :(

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-12-06 08:38:29

At 11/30/06 11:56 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote:
At 11/29/06 04:19 AM, Coop83 wrote: Still, at least Huet managed to get a 36 save shutout for me... and to think I almost traded him for Fernandez a few days back
I remember you kicking yourself at the beginning of the season for that deal, too. Now fernandez has lost something like 7 of his last ten starts.

I'm sticking with Huet, even though his team aren't the greatest about, I'd still like to think I can salvage something from the season. Now all I need is some decent players which I have to start playing well... Anyone want Cheechoo?

On the back of a win for Nabokov and a game winner from Steve Bernier I came agonizingly close to being the first to break the 700 barrier. Just .8 away. :(

Nice work, I'm looking to be the 17th to break the 500 barrier :(

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-12-06 21:32:49

Richard Matvichuk is coming back from spinal disc surgery to play D for the Devils soon. Hopefully he'll get about 20-25 total points, which is around his career average.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-12-07 17:52:57

At 12/6/06 09:32 PM, Buddhist wrote: Richard Matvichuk is coming back from spinal disc surgery to play D for the Devils soon. Hopefully he'll get about 20-25 total points, which is around his career average.

He might, but it won't be a Devils uniform. They can't put him back into the lineup, since the salary that they used by putting him on the long-term injury list isn't going anywhere.

I would imagine a decent destination for him is maybe the Sharks. Even though they've got the best defense in the league, it's still pretty young and unexpierenced. We shall see.

One thing's for sure, Lou Lamirello will be working the phones like a man with ten minutes left on his hooker, because as soon as Richard declares himself ready to play and off the injured list the Devils will shoot over the cap and they'll be in some boiling water.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-12-08 04:26:37

At 12/7/06 05:52 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote: One thing's for sure, Lou Lamirello will be working the phones like a man with ten minutes left on his hooker, because as soon as Richard declares himself ready to play and off the injured list the Devils will shoot over the cap and they'll be in some boiling water.

This is a situation where a GM will earn his salt. Either someone lands Matvichuk and the devils get some great compensation or the Devils shed some younger talent for him.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-12-09 00:28:37

I doubt the Devils will get rid of young talent for a guy like Matvichuk, when we've got a pretty decent defense as it is. Nothing stellar, but it gets us by.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-12-10 22:46:29

Im a NHL geek so yeah i'll join. My favorite's are Edmonton Oilers and Pittsburgh Penguins (gangster).

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-12-11 08:56:54

At 12/9/06 12:28 AM, Charlie-Brown wrote: I doubt the Devils will get rid of young talent for a guy like Matvichuk, when we've got a pretty decent defense as it is. Nothing stellar, but it gets us by.

The only defenceman worthy of losing young talent for is Sergei Zubov IMO. He's the complete package

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-12-11 11:31:26

At 12/11/06 08:56 AM, Id-826629 wrote:
At 12/9/06 12:28 AM, Charlie-Brown wrote: I doubt the Devils will get rid of young talent for a guy like Matvichuk, when we've got a pretty decent defense as it is. Nothing stellar, but it gets us by.
The only defenceman worthy of losing young talent for is Sergei Zubov IMO. He's the complete package

Brian Burke disagrees :\.

Also, it seems Rick Nash has FINALLY started producing. Two goals, two assists his last pair of games.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature