00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Cozymars just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

288,226 Views | 4,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-24 00:04:58

No one gonna talk about the goings on with the Philadelphia team?
Yes?
No?
Maybe?

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-24 09:02:19

At 10/24/06 12:04 AM, phileeguy wrote: No one gonna talk about the goings on with the Philadelphia team?

No, I'm going to talk about the goings on in Colorado, where we finally got as decent win under our belts. 6-1 over LA. Stastny is playing well, and Hejduk has found his touch once more :)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-26 09:26:31

Come on philleeguy, I want your opinions on what's been going on with all the stuff in Flyer Country.

Avs lost last night, but Super Joe Sakic became the 11th player to score 1,500 points for a single franchise. He is the franchise leader in Goals (579); Points (1,501) and Assists (922) for Colorado / Quebec. The 1,500th point came on an assist on Andrew Brunette's 4th goal in the last 3 games. Sakic would score the second, before Brunette added another late on.

Please also note, 186 of his 579 goals have come on the power play, which is quite a stat

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-26 11:01:18

At 10/26/06 09:26 AM, Coop83 wrote: Come on philleeguy, I want your opinions on what's been going on with all the stuff in Flyer Country.

Avs lost last night, but Super Joe Sakic became the 11th player to score 1,500 points for a single franchise. He is the franchise leader in Goals (579); Points (1,501) and Assists (922) for Colorado / Quebec. The 1,500th point came on an assist on Andrew Brunette's 4th goal in the last 3 games. Sakic would score the second, before Brunette added another late on.

Yeah, I watched the game. It's too bad a goal couldn't have been his 1500th. A second assist isn't a very memorable way to record it.
Svatos also recorded 3 assits in the game. He's doing well with a point a game pace, but I wish he'd fill the net on his own a little more.

Ducks beat the Oil tonight and move to 7-0-2. Remarkably, Roloson did not make 3 consecutive saves during the 6-2 tilt.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-26 13:17:53

At 10/26/06 11:01 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Yeah, I watched the game. It's too bad a goal couldn't have been his 1500th. A second assist isn't a very memorable way to record it.

A point is a point, no matter how it comes.

Svatos also recorded 3 assits in the game. He's doing well with a point a game pace, but I wish he'd fill the net on his own a little more.

I#d still take him over most of the players on my fantasy team

Ducks beat the Oil tonight and move to 7-0-2. Remarkably, Roloson did not make 3 consecutive saves during the 6-2 tilt.

That's a bad stat for any goalie

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-27 00:58:20

At 10/26/06 09:26 AM, Coop83 wrote: Come on philleeguy, I want your opinions on what's been going on with all the stuff in Flyer Country.

Okay facts first. Bob Clarke admittedly started to lose the passion he had in his job over the past offseason, most notably during draft time. He basically let his assistant and now interim GM Paul Holmgren run the show.

Clarke realized he wasn't helping the team and did the right thing and stepped down. Pretty tough for a guy who's been with the organization for over 30 years.

As for Hitchcock, he clearly didn't have the tools to work with. Not in comparison to the teams like the Buffalos and the Atlantas in the league. But, the players obviously didn't feel like playing for him, evident in the blowout losses so far this season. Scuttlebutt is that he's way to demanding of the players - veteran and rookies -, and his system is based mainly from the old NHL and only works if the players are the most discipline, which they haven't been.

So I hate to see Clarke go, but if his leaving ends up helping the club I'm obviously all for it. As for Hitch, I think he kinda had a raw deal (the worst part is he still has 3 years on his contract), but it's evident the players weren't playing for him, so they need someone in there who they will play for. They put in Calder Cup winning coach John Stevens in there and the Flyers won tonight 3-2 in a Shootout. Their 2nd win of the season in 9 games. A hill of serious heights will need climbing.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-28 11:41:33

At 10/27/06 12:58 AM, phileeguy wrote: So I hate to see Clarke go, but if his leaving ends up helping the club I'm obviously all for it.

Sometimes that's what a team needs to get it working again. I can see that happening with Philly, especially because you've got players like Forsberg

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-07 15:32:22

Mmm, delicious Ovechkin goodness.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-08 08:14:22

At 11/7/06 03:32 PM, Buddhist wrote: Mmm, delicious Ovechkin goodness.

The whole reason I'm not doing very well this season is that I am stuck with three backup goaltenders

If Huet can put it together, he's got a chance of stealing number 1 spot from Aebischer, but Budaj and Smith (DAL) are number 2 for the season

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-08 18:43:02

well ST louis finally kicks into gear w/ 11 goals lecav. with 8 and RYAN CRAIG WIT 5 but now hes injured T_T hes one of my fav players on lightning and fedetenko wit 7 or 8 now Prospal (even Affy and Perrin have more goals than prospal) and our defense have got to kick into gearand we must remain CONSISTANT

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-09 14:06:44

At 11/8/06 08:14 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 11/7/06 03:32 PM, Buddhist wrote: Mmm, delicious Ovechkin goodness.
The whole reason I'm not doing very well this season is that I am stuck with three backup goaltenders

If Huet can put it together, he's got a chance of stealing number 1 spot from Aebischer, but Budaj and Smith (DAL) are number 2 for the season

There are better time-share goalies in the pool right now. Even if Smith wins all 6 games he'll play this year, he won't be worth as much as a goaltender who gets in 15-20 and loses most. Weekes is getting a lot of chances with Lundqvist in the dog-house, and with wins vs. Anaheim and San Jose, he's certainly making a case for himself.

The LIghtning's Johan Holmqvist has gotten a decent share of starts, since they're grooming him as the goalie of the future.
Then again, you could always check the monthly schedules and see which teams have lots of back to back games.
It's a shame you didn't go goalie hunting earlier, I culled Nabby in from the free agent pool.

In my fantasy news, I became the last person to get credit for short handed points, and I'm 10 behind first. If Kipper continues to perform as he did last year, I should be there in no time. Additionally, first place has an injury to Sundin.

It's been a good 2-3 weeks since I was on top, I want it back again :(

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-10 04:20:44

At 11/9/06 02:06 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote: It's been a good 2-3 weeks since I was on top, I want it back again :(

And how do you think Down in Flames feels? It's been a good 12 months since I was top :(

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-10 14:28:11

Just an announcement if anyone cares; I will try to stay active and post in this club, with the goings on of the NHL, but I can't gurantee it. Not with the Flyers sucking this bad.

/end roundabout way of expressing my disgust

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-10 18:35:01

At 11/10/06 03:26 PM, Kamron wrote: Alright is Johan Franzen, Sergie Zubov, and Marc Savard for Jason Arnott, Teppo Numminen, and Markus Naslund a good trade? I am on the end that is getting Franzen, Zuboc, and Savard. It looks fair, but Canas has a knack for being a giant fucking Jew. Eh? Eh?

Franzen blows, see if you can weasel a different player into the deal.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-11 12:49:08

Wooooo.

I'm back on top.

With the help of Lupul's game winner and Kipper's shutout, I leapt from third to first in the standings.

If Nash can go the rest of the season without a nine game goalless streak like he was riding four the past month, I shouldn't even fall too far in the standings.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-12 19:10:34

NO DOAN NOOOOOOOO

God dammit, this is what I get for trading with Dave.

Also, 8888 posts. I like repetitive numbers.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-13 02:08:45

At 11/12/06 07:10 PM, Buddhist wrote: NO DOAN NOOOOOOOO

God dammit, this is what I get for trading with Dave.

Also, 8888 posts. I like repetitive numbers.

:\, it looked like a good move at the time. Don't sweat it too much, they might move Doan this season.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-13 16:03:44

That's what you say about Esche... :[

Meh, oh well.

AND STOP TRYING TO GRAB OVECHKIN OFF OF ME, DAMMIT. I'd need some serious shit for that to occur.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-14 10:18:12

At 11/13/06 04:03 PM, Buddhist wrote: That's what you say about Esche... :[

Meh, oh well.

AND STOP TRYING TO GRAB OVECHKIN OFF OF ME, DAMMIT. I'd need some serious shit for that to occur.

My offers all statistically made sense, unlike your Esche for nabby offer. Rofl.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-14 17:05:49

Nabokov is going to get traded too, anyway.

Besides, I don't think you'll need Denis if you have Kiprusoff and Nabokov, eh? ;)

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-15 01:03:29

At 11/14/06 05:05 PM, Buddhist wrote: Nabokov is going to get traded too, anyway.

Besides, I don't think you'll need Denis if you have Kiprusoff and Nabokov, eh? ;)

heh, I wanted Denis because I scooped up Holmqvist. I'd rather have both parts of a time share than just one half of it. Oh well.

Also, Kipper notched another shutout, helping me not fall too far behind CyberPenis and his Jagr lead night tonight.

Oh, and by the way, Perrault has 3 goals and 2 assists in five games for the yotes. Surprised I grabbed him with my waiver positioning, given his season last year and the Coyotes' rash of top six injuries. He seems to have some good chemistry with the playmaker Nagy.
Also tonight, he put in two goals and nearly earned the hat. Coming down on an empty net he rang it off the inside of the post.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-15 04:02:16

Thank any divine being that my real life is going ok, because my hockey life sucks - Colorado on the slide, fantasy team lagging down at the bottom of the league

I've made some really bad decisions as a fantasy boss, but not as many bad decisions as our management - trading Tanguay away is really starting to hurt now

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-15 10:06:10

At 11/15/06 04:02 AM, Coop83 wrote: Thank any divine being that my real life is going ok, because my hockey life sucks - Colorado on the slide, fantasy team lagging down at the bottom of the league

I've made some really bad decisions as a fantasy boss, but not as many bad decisions as our management - trading Tanguay away is really starting to hurt now

I don't think the loss of Tanguay is that bad, as of now the avs have the third most goals score in the western conference.

I'd say it's the goaltending, with the Avs sitting fourth in goals against. They gambled that a chang of scenery whould help theodore, and now they've got somewhat of an albartross contract to deal with.

Also, how about tht knee on knee hit Liles put on Smyth? Looked petty horrbile, good thing Smyth didn't bust up his knee or anything.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-15 11:01:56

At 11/15/06 10:06 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: I'd say it's the goaltending, with the Avs sitting fourth in goals against. They gambled that a chang of scenery whould help theodore, and now they've got somewhat of an albartross contract to deal with.

Well, our goaltending has been less than spectacular at times - we've scored 5 goals in 2 matches and still lost - 8-5 to LA and 6-5 to Edmonton

I think that we are counting this season to a rebuilding effort and we need to strengthen in time to have a proper run next year.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-16 11:12:31

I moved back into first with a big night. This is two nights in a row I've have the most production out of all the fantasy teams.

Last night, every single one of my players who were in a game recorded points. With the expection of Wolski, who was actually worth a -.50.

Ducks got rolled on by the Flyers, and I was saying to anyone who would listen to me all day yesterday, you can't overlook the supposed weak links.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-17 02:25:21

I'm a Canadiens fan(I'm from Montreal).

At 11/15/06 11:01 AM, Coop83 wrote: Well, our goaltending has been less than spectacular at times

Theodore... hehehe

-Disregard females (fuck bitches)

-Acquire currency (get money)

-Ignite cannabis frequently (smoke sum with your homies)

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-17 04:06:25

Tonight I padded my lead on first a bit, and I remain the only person above 500 points. I'll attribute this to my excellent free agent additions.

Here's a list of the guys I grabbed from the FA and their production so far.

Lee Stempniak
8 goals, 5 assists, 4 points on the powerplay.
Nikita Alexeev
6 goals, 8 assits, 4 PPP
Dustin Penner
7G, 4A, 4PPP
Evgeni Nabokov
5W, 2SO
Steve Bernier
6G, 10A, 8PPP
Yanic Perreault
In six games he's got 4 goals, 2 assists, and two powerplay points.

I've also got Chistov from the FAs, but he's only been in two games for the bruins, recording an assist. Johan Holmqvist is another FA on my roster, but he has yet to play while on my team.

Anyway, they point of this post is, is that you're really never dead in the NGHL. I rode free agents last year, too. Most notably the additions of Gerber and Huet to my goaltending tandem. You just gotta keep an eye out.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-17 04:18:37

At 11/17/06 02:25 AM, Whabs wrote:
At 11/15/06 11:01 AM, Coop83 wrote: Well, our goaltending has been less than spectacular at times
Theodore... hehehe

Well, my best fantasy Goalie is Huet... he's getting to a warm streak at the moment, which has seen me rise to the dizzy heights of 16th in the fantasy league

If I get much higher, I'll have to change the name...
At 11/17/06 04:06 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Anyway, they point of this post is, is that you're really never dead in the NGHL. I rode free agents last year, too. Most notably the additions of Gerber and Huet to my goaltending tandem. You just gotta keep an eye out.

Time to go rookie shopping then :)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-17 04:25:31

At 11/17/06 04:06 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Anyway, they point of this post is, is that you're really never dead in the NGHL. I rode free agents last year, too. Most notably the additions of Gerber and Huet to my goaltending tandem. You just gotta keep an eye out.
Time to go rookie shopping then :)

I'd suggest Kessel. Goals in two straight, and getting time on the powerplay again. And possibly a Mike Grier. Bell has been pretty nonexistant of late, and Grier has shown he can handle life on a line with Joe.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-11-17 08:34:56

At 11/17/06 04:25 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: I'd suggest Kessel. Goals in two straight, and getting time on the powerplay again. And possibly a Mike Grier. Bell has been pretty nonexistant of late, and Grier has shown he can handle life on a line with Joe.

Thanks for the tips *adds to shopping list*

Next on the agenda is Cory Stillman of the Maple Leafs... is it worth holding on to him, as the shoulder surgery could keep him out until after Xmas, where I could be using the points better

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature