00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

WillTWisp3r just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

288,202 Views | 4,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-01 00:41:09

At 9/30/06 12:22 AM, dman026 wrote: id sat detroit red wings cause im from detroit and the colorado avalanche 2 besat teams

Maybe in the nineties, but certainly not now.
Quite a few people are even projecting the avs to miss the playoffs. I disagree, but still, they're a long ways from the Roy days.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-01 00:50:11

At 10/1/06 12:41 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Quite a few people are even projecting the avs to miss the playoffs. I disagree, but still, they're a long ways from the Roy days.

Truths, but it's still kind of hard to discount any team from the Playoffs before the season starts due to the fact that half of them get in.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-01 21:36:43

I just misspelled hockey two times when searching for this. >_<

hcokey, hockkey

Also: My offense pwns. Defense on the other hand....

And ;_; at Cammaleri.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-02 03:22:22

At 10/1/06 09:36 PM, Buddhist wrote: I just misspelled hockey two times when searching for this. >_<

hcokey, hockkey
Also: My offense pwns. Defense on the other hand....

And ;_; at Cammaleri.

Your offense would be even better if you hadn't dropped nagy. :(.
That's going to be this year's equivalent of my blunder last time around.

Then again, Nagy is very injury prone, he might just turn into a headache for Canas.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-04 00:34:17

At 10/2/06 03:22 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Your offense would be even better if you hadn't dropped nagy. :(.
That's going to be this year's equivalent of my blunder last time around.

Then again, Nagy is very injury prone, he might just turn into a headache for Canas.

I'll give Canas something to have a headache with. eh eh wakka wakka, wakka wakka?

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-04 15:02:24

At 9/22/06 08:00 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote: So much for not doing any tweaks before the season starts, coop. :\

Yeah, I saw trades which looked like no-brainers, so I accepted.

Gave up crosby's line-mate for a guy with a blind spot. asldfjkhasdjfh.

I still think the Pens will suck and I want to go on record as saying that. Mario is what kept them going last season, not Crosby.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-05 09:22:57

First day is in the books.

Much too early for anything signifigant to happen in fantasy, but I got a nice turnout from Whitney and Wolski, and Svatos was buzzing all night.

Today will likely be a big point night for everyone, with 20 teams getting into action.

Also, rofl@buddhist in the negatives.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-05 11:13:15

At 10/5/06 09:22 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Much too early for anything signifigant to happen in fantasy, but I got a nice turnout from Whitney and Wolski, and Svatos was buzzing all night.

I don't mind my fantasy team being shite, because I've got NO AVS PLAYERS this time around, so long as we play well :)

Yeah, that's wierd.

Someone care to explain how the NG Baseball champ has negative points?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-05 14:25:57

At 10/5/06 11:13 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 10/5/06 09:22 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Much too early for anything signifigant to happen in fantasy, but I got a nice turnout from Whitney and Wolski, and Svatos was buzzing all night.
I don't mind my fantasy team being shite, because I've got NO AVS PLAYERS this time around, so long as we play well :)

I hope they do well too.
Or at least the Svatos/Wolski line.

Yeah, that's wierd.

Someone care to explain how the NG Baseball champ has negative points?

Had the misfortune to have his players on the ice for a negative plus/minus event. One of the tweaks made this time around.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-06 18:55:09

Fuckin right...6-0 last night baby!

Yeah...I know its only the second game of the season, but a Leafs win like that over Ottawa has made me very happy. Even in Wednesday night's game, they played relatively well and with life...not at all like last season.

Maybe there is some hope for my Leafs after all.

Also, Hamilton Penguins? Yeah, I like the sound of that.

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-07 08:07:08

At 10/6/06 06:27 PM, Gooch wrote: It was good to see the Sharks chalk up a win last night over the Blues.

And good to see Toskala give up all those goals. I need as much help as I can get right.
Quite an early hole :(

No I'm rooting for the Kings to win in their opener tonight as well. The only reason I'm really following them though is because my favorite player, Scott Thornton, is playing for them now instead of San Jose.

heh. Each of the California teams have a Thornton now. And sorry to say, but the Ducks spoiled his first game on the Kings and Crawford's first game behind the bench.
It's interesting to see a team be happy in defeat because the Ducks are a measuring stick of sorts now.

It's odd to not be rooting for the total underdog for once.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-07 09:43:49

At 10/5/06 02:25 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote:
At 10/5/06 11:13 AM, Coop83 wrote: Someone care to explain how the NG Baseball champ has negative points?
Had the misfortune to have his players on the ice for a negative plus/minus event. One of the tweaks made this time around.

That and the negative points for goalies losing :(

*Drops bad goalies*

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-07 12:14:02

Is Thornton/Garon for Naslund/Giguere a good trade? (I'm on the side thats getting Joe)

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-07 14:24:07

At 10/7/06 12:14 PM, ItsNotThatStupid wrote: Is Thornton/Garon for Naslund/Giguere a good trade? (I'm on the side thats getting Joe)

Well, Garon's a backup and Jiggy's splitting time. Depending on your other goalies, it's a good move. Because Joe's a monster.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-08 01:57:24

Damn Flyers. Shoulda won that game vs. the Rangers last night, but 2 flukey goals off of bad hops sent it into OT, where no one scored and it went to a shootout. Frickin' 12 straight missed shots for each team, and on NYR's 13 shot they put the winning goal in.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-08 17:21:39

At 10/8/06 01:57 AM, phileeguy wrote: Damn Flyers. Shoulda won that game vs. the Rangers last night, but 2 flukey goals off of bad hops sent it into OT, where no one scored and it went to a shootout. Frickin' 12 straight missed shots for each team, and on NYR's 13 shot they put the winning goal in.

That's just damned unlucky the way you played.

Still, my luck's not any better - 2 games, 2 OT losses :'(

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-09 08:26:48

At 10/8/06 05:21 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 10/8/06 01:57 AM, phileeguy wrote: Damn Flyers. Shoulda won that game vs. the Rangers last night, but 2 flukey goals off of bad hops sent it into OT, where no one scored and it went to a shootout. Frickin' 12 straight missed shots for each team, and on NYR's 13 shot they put the winning goal in.
That's just damned unlucky the way you played.

Still, my luck's not any better - 2 games, 2 OT losses :'(

Hey, they put on home last night. And all three goals came from the two avs on my team. :)
I'm happy for Svatos, because he had been buzzing in every game and just couldn't pot one. Hopefully this opens the door for many more to come.

Currently in fantasy, the top 3 spots are seperated by less than three tenths of one point. oooooh.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-09 09:00:15

At 10/9/06 08:26 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Hey, they put on home last night. And all three goals came from the two avs on my team. :)
I'm happy for Svatos, because he had been buzzing in every game and just couldn't pot one. Hopefully this opens the door for many more to come.

Like I said, I'm happy to lose in the fantasy league because I can't get the players I wanted - Svatos and Wolski were two of the big guys I really wanted, so I've got to make do without them.

Currently in fantasy, the top 3 spots are seperated by less than three tenths of one point. oooooh.

Close is how I like it (Though not as close as Jimmie Johnson got to Dale Jr's bumper last night :@)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-09 11:10:17

At 10/9/06 09:00 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 10/9/06 08:26 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Currently in fantasy, the top 3 spots are seperated by less than three tenths of one point. oooooh.

Oh man, I'm glad I didn't get involved in fantasy hockey this year. Both due to how I lose track of it between fantasy football and the fact that I'm just not good at it.

Close is how I like it (Though not as close as Jimmie Johnson got to Dale Jr's bumper last night :@)

You can blame Vickers for that. He fricken Robbed Jr. and Johnson. I like Jr.s comments afterwards though, he said something like "I don't think he meant to take us both out and win it, I don't think he's that smart."

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-09 12:05:04

I think the Habs are going to surprise a lot of people. I'm realyl surprised sports sites are expecting them well out of the playoffs.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-09 12:41:34

At 10/9/06 12:05 PM, ArmyAnt wrote: I think the Habs are going to surprise a lot of people. I'm realyl surprised sports sites are expecting them well out of the playoffs.

They've got a lot of question marks on the team. Like what about Koivu, he's got a friggin' blind spot.

And can Huet continue last season's dominance? If things come together, yes, they've got a shot. But it's too iffy for most sports writers.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-10 00:15:54

hay guyz liek mah hokcey teem?????

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-10 09:55:58

At 10/9/06 03:45 PM, Gooch wrote: If da_pope ever gets to see this, I'm just going to flat out bold this. . .

FLAMES ARE GOING DOWN TONIGHT, BUB!!! :D

and Bernier got the game winner. :D.

So I've got first place by a hair right now, which means that as of today, I am currently first place in fantasy football and fantasy hockey in the NG leagues.

Though I won't hold onto first in hockey for long, cheez has a goaltender playing tonight. :(

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-12 05:49:19

At 10/10/06 12:15 AM, Buddhist wrote: hay guyz liek mah hokcey teem?????

Yeah, it sucks almost as much as mine :'(

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-15 17:54:10

I hate not having my entire team play on the same night as everyone else's. :( 4th.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-17 15:21:19

Avs sellout streak is over. :o

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-17 22:17:04

Anyone mind shanking Robert Esche for me?

I mean, what the hell. 9 goals allowed?!

NINE?! >:( *grumble grumble*

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-18 00:07:52

At 10/17/06 10:17 PM, Buddhist wrote: Anyone mind shanking Robert Esche for me?

Lol, you took Esche. I always thought of him as the lesser of the 2 Flyers goaltenders. Then again there hasn't been a goalie in Philly with a long tenure since Hextall.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-18 07:43:21

At 10/17/06 10:17 PM, Buddhist wrote: Anyone mind shanking Robert Esche for me?

He was actually stellar for a period+. His team just wasn't there for him, and after a few goals in the second, they stopped working entirely..

You can't be hung out to dry against the Sabres for an entire game and not get smoked.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-10-19 01:17:38

At 10/18/06 07:43 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: He was actually stellar for a period+. His team just wasn't there for him, and after a few goals in the second, they stopped working entirely..

Well, the problem was there was no intensity or passion from the Flyers players. The worst offenders however were the defensemen. Flyers can't play D to save their lives with the way they're built. They're too big and hit-happy, which is outdated in the new faster NHL. Hatcher is horrible, Rathje is out (not that he would be much help), and they got rid of Johnnson. Also the tougher workhorse players from previous seasons are also not there or haven't decided to backcheck so far this year.

You can't be hung out to dry against the Sabres for an entire game and not get smoked.

Ahh but he was. I bet it wouldn't have been so bad if there was some offense to change the momentum, but that hasn't really shown up yet this season for the Flyers either.