00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MikremX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Broken Medals Thread

120,658 Views | 1,309 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

At 10/22/16 08:55 AM, HerbieG wrote: Ok, this sucks a lot. I maxed 2 types of upgrades, survived for 12 minutes, tried to die at this point and no achievements or medals... The medals should be working in a straight way, not forcing the player to guess how to trigger them.

It seems 'Though bubble' is broken. I earned the in-game achievement twice but no medal.
Anyway, I'm not using ad-blocker but I have no ads since I have a supporter account (no ads).
I'm saying this because sometimes ads affect medal earning.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-23 16:54:44

At 10/23/16 04:39 PM, Shantom wrote:
At 10/22/16 08:55 AM, HerbieG wrote: Ok, this sucks a lot. I maxed 2 types of upgrades, survived for 12 minutes, tried to die at this point and no achievements or medals... The medals should be working in a straight way, not forcing the player to guess how to trigger them.
It seems 'Though bubble' is broken. I earned the in-game achievement twice but no medal.
Anyway, I'm not using ad-blocker but I have no ads since I have a supporter account (no ads).

I know the situations in which when too much flash ads are on, the game is not working properly, but it doesn't explain why for example the upgrade in-game achievements are not unlocking even if I am maxing them out. Maybe I should try to put on an ad-block and try again?
Currently I need all achievements' upgrade points + 3 levels to max an upgrade and I tried doing this and continuing, dying, continuing, quitting... nothing works.

Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй!

And release [the Leopards-done] ATACMS & F-16s!

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-23 17:13:47

At 10/23/16 04:39 PM, Shantom wrote:

By the way, there is one thing I was always saying that should be set as a standard for all medal games and I'll even leave a tag for @PsychoGoldfish about it, because many people I have spoken with say the same. There is a great need for the medal games to re-check the achievements and re-send the medals. In some of the games there are even special buttons for this purpose and this should become a standard as well. It would solve lots of medal issues.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-23 17:33:23

At 10/23/16 04:54 PM, HerbieG wrote: I tried doing this and continuing, dying, continuing, quitting... nothing works.

No idea.. ^^;

re-send the medals..

Great idea :o

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-24 12:57:26

At 10/22/16 08:55 AM, HerbieG wrote:
At 10/22/16 08:11 AM, Shantom wrote:
At 10/22/16 06:51 AM, HerbieG wrote: How did they work for you? Did you get the in-game achievements? This is the weirdest thing: they are not unlocking.
I got the in-game achievements. I noticed 3 achievements showed up together after I died (and continued).
Ok, this sucks a lot. I maxed 2 types of upgrades, survived for 12 minutes, tried to die at this point and no achievements or medals... The medals should be working in a straight way, not forcing the player to guess how to trigger them.

It took me about 30 minutes of playing, and reaching wave 31, before things started unlocking for me. I earned the 10 minute survival, and the max out torpedo upgrade. Now I can unlock all the upgrade medals from the start of the game, which before I couldn't. I think the only medals that work as they say are the secret medals.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-24 13:13:24

At 10/24/16 12:57 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 10/22/16 08:55 AM, HerbieG wrote:
At 10/22/16 08:11 AM, Shantom wrote:
At 10/22/16 06:51 AM, HerbieG wrote: How did they work for you? Did you get the in-game achievements? This is the weirdest thing: they are not unlocking.
I got the in-game achievements. I noticed 3 achievements showed up together after I died (and continued).
Ok, this sucks a lot. I maxed 2 types of upgrades, survived for 12 minutes, tried to die at this point and no achievements or medals... The medals should be working in a straight way, not forcing the player to guess how to trigger them.
It took me about 30 minutes of playing, and reaching wave 31, before things started unlocking for me. I earned the 10 minute survival, and the max out torpedo upgrade. Now I can unlock all the upgrade medals from the start of the game, which before I couldn't. I think the only medals that work as they say are the secret medals.

Thanks for information, I'll give it another try. Yeah, the secret medals are working well, besides them I could unlock: Boiling Seas, Hardcore, Stop, Untouchable, Basic Tools and No special bubble.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-24 15:14:06

@Shantom - now I understand why you did put the Symphonic TD Halloween game on your list, as a matter of fact the first Symphonic TD should be there as well, because there is only one medal you can earn from them: the tutorial one. Both games are not working: no songs are loading and the author knows about the problem for few months now.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-25 14:33:32

At 10/24/16 03:14 PM, HerbieG wrote: @Shantom - now I understand why you did put the Symphonic TD Halloween game on your list, as a matter of fact the first Symphonic TD should be there as well, because there is only one medal you can earn from them: the tutorial one. Both games are not working: no songs are loading and the author knows about the problem for few months now.

Actually, I added it for broken medals that got removed.. ^^
But you're right, the game is not working now.. damn

At least one of the authors seems active. I'll PM him about it.

An update to the game I mentioned some time ago:

The medals seem to be working, but the game itself is terribly buggy... the author really needs to fix it...
The most annoying thing is the fact that the game freezes/crashes the browser every 2-3 tries.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-27 13:26:37

At 10/27/16 10:28 AM, HerbieG wrote: the author really needs to fix it...

That's actually the last version.. ^^
You have no idea what the previous versions look like :>

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-27 13:29:51

At 10/27/16 01:26 PM, Shantom wrote:
At 10/27/16 10:28 AM, HerbieG wrote: the author really needs to fix it...
That's actually the last version.. ^^
You have no idea what the previous versions look like :>

Well, if THIS is the I presume the BEST version... ;-)

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-28 19:46:38

At 10/22/16 01:25 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have never been a fan of secret medals. If nobody has earned the medals in a year, it does seem like they must be broken, or just too difficult for a normal player to earn. Both good reasons to be removed.

If a medal is simply "too difficult for a normal player to earn" that's a *terrible* reason to remove any medal! The whole point of medals should be that there's actually some challenge involved and so if you can earn them it's a bit of bragging rights.

Then again you're a fan of the easy games and easy medals. You do have a lot of medals but if anyone bothers to check, they're almost entirely from easy games or only the easy medals from other games. So essentially you're saying if a medal is too hard for you, even if it's not broken, that it should be removed, that way medal collection would be entirely grind rather than any amount skill, and so you penalize the skill players and favor the grind players.

And to that I couldn't disagree more.

In fact I'd be in favor of certain genres of games being ineligible for medals simply because they become entirely just "gimmees" no skill required. Adventure game genre and clickers especially. The medals become essentially gimmees of "Have you played this game?" and "How long are you gonna grind?" respectively.

But, no, they should keep their medals (except if there are broken medals). I'm not saying to remove them. I am saying if I ran the site I wouldn't have medals on adventure game genre games or clickers though. Medals should be about skill, not about "gimmees".

Also gotta love how you keep that false claim in your sig that you're medal points number 12 when you haven't been there for a long time, and even people call you out on it you just make excuses. You're top 50, which isn't bad, but you're far from number 12.

And since we're going there, yeah I'll say it. Your account is a perfect example of just how far someone can climb if they concentrate only on quantity over quality. Anyone can peruse your medals (if they're willing to go through all the pages) and see you don't go for difficult medals at all. You simply go for quantity. So maybe that's why you want difficult medals removed -- because you're not good enough to obtain them.

If I went through your account and played all those games I would boost my own score substantially.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-28 23:49:47

Let's not go there @NeonSpider. Everyone has a right to earn medals however they want, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Some medals are removed if they are considered to spam the system. Other times the author/s are asked to reduce them if they are too high for the challenge they represent. We try to keep on top of this as much as we can. You are also free to to list any game you think that the medals don't reflect their value, here on this board, and we will look into it.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-29 00:56:04

At 10/28/16 11:49 PM, EdyKel wrote: Let's not go there @NeonSpider. Everyone has a right to earn medals however they want, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Some medals are removed if they are considered to spam the system. Other times the author/s are asked to reduce them if they are too high for the challenge they represent. We try to keep on top of this as much as we can. You are also free to to list any game you think that the medals don't reflect their value, here on this board, and we will look into it.

Sorry. I just take issue with the fact @DoctorStrongbad was literally advocating for the removal of difficult (but not broken) medals. Especially when he's the very first to complain whenever he loses points due to broken medals being removed.

It is quite clear to me he's only in it for himself. If he deems the medals "too difficult" he wants them removed, whereas if they're literally broken medals and not obtainable by anyone anymore but he happened to obtain them a long time ago, he wants them to stay, since that boosts his points rank relative to everybody else.

I'm not saying to remove any medals with the exception if they're actually broken.

Also it's very common some of the hardest games have the least points values. Cathode Raybots, one of the hardest games on the entire site, for example, all only 5 points medals. You can rack up huge amounts of points playing easy games on the other hand. It is what it is. Again I'm not saying to remove medals unless they're actually broken.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-29 07:15:46

At 10/28/16 11:49 PM, EdyKel wrote:
Other times the author/s are asked to reduce them if they are too high for the challenge they represent. We try to keep on top of this as much as we can. You are also free to to list any game you think that the medals don't reflect their value, here on this board, and we will look into it.

Speaking of this, I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do. How is that decision being made? By a single Moderator? After a broader discussion?

For example I know that you reduced the medals' value in this game:

In comparison, there is also this game:

So - IMAO - the previous values of the medals in Pooper Deluxe - even the one for reaching 10 000 points that was previously worth 100 points seem much more reasonable than the ones in the second game I mentioned in which you get 100 points just for meeting some creatures during the game and that requires basically no effort.

This mechanism should also work in the opposite way: if there are medals that require lots of skills and/or effort they should be worth reasonable amount of points, so why not asking the developers to rise the value as well?

@NeonSpider
Calm down.. and let's keep this thread for broken medals only.

Though.. I'd like to add something: 'too difficult' medals can be impossible sometimes (not just difficult). They are usually obtained by hackers only. So, there is no wall of honor here (only wall of hackers).
For example:

We removed a secret medal where you have to destroy every part of every boss. The author told me "it's impossible but I wanted to add it there". Only hackers obtained it.
Give it a try?

"MILLIONAIRE" Medal in this game is not impossible but it's ridiculous. It would probably take days/weeks to obtain it. A user found a trick within the game which makes this medal possible within 30 hours.. but it didn't unlock (he tried several times by saving a backup file). So, you either have to really grind for days/weeks, or hack the game to earn it within seconds like everybody else.
We didn't remove this medal because it's still possible, but what's the point if only hackers have it? Oh and it may not unlock too?

I hope that gives you some closure. :o

At 10/29/16 07:15 AM, HerbieG wrote: Speaking of this, I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do. How is that decision being made? By a single Moderator? After a broader discussion?

We can't change medal points yet, but authors can. They can freely decide how much each medal is worth. Sometimes, they throw 100pts medals for no reason (like the second game you mentioned), so, we just ask them to reduce the points. If they are not active, points stay as they are :/

As for the other way around, games have a maximum of 500pts medals (there are exceptions). Asking them to upgrade a medal means downgrading another medal. It can be done but it's also up to the author. You can always ask them if they are active.

Reducing points is easier than increasing them, and it makes more sense to reduce them since 500pts shouldn't be acquired so easily.

Unless you are talking about a difficult game with one 5pts medal that should worth 100pts... then that's something else :P

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-29 19:34:41

At 10/29/16 05:37 PM, Shantom wrote: @NeonSpider
Calm down.. and let's keep this thread for broken medals only.

Though.. I'd like to add something: 'too difficult' medals can be impossible sometimes (not just difficult). They are usually obtained by hackers only. So, there is no wall of honor here (only wall of hackers).

I have the distinct impression he would have said "impossible medals" rather than "too difficult" if that's what he meant. IRL every single time anyone has ever said something was "too difficult" it has always meant simply they couldn't do it, not that it couldn't be done legitimately. I'm tired of people demanding to make things easier just because they don't want to put in a little effort because it's all too common and it's also too common people "give in" to those kinds of demands too. I'll drop it, but it should be noted if it's inappropriate for me to complain about this, then it's also inappropriate for him to have brought it up.

Obviously we have a major problem of the medals API breaking on some of the longer-to-earn medals. Unless the author codes in some kind of resubmit feature into the game, or unless the game has saves (so you can do the save the game just before earning a medal, refresh page, reload game, earn medal technique), this can be a real problem. Possibly one could every-so-often refresh a background tab to another page in Newgrounds to keep the connection alive? I don't know if that works.

Also medals awarding for some people but not others is another great problem. Sometimes you can simply play the game and re-do the event a few times and it'll award one of the times. Sometimes the medal description is off and you need to go above-and-beyond whatever it says before it awards. Sometimes medals only award after a page refresh and playing a new game. Sometimes they just don't ever award for some players.

As for medals that take days or weeks to unlock, that's not an issue as long as the game has saves, and definitely do the save the game, refresh page, reload game, earn medal technique for all in-game medals and then it's just a matter of time. Though it would be especially infuriating if such a medal did not unlock considering the time input.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-30 01:25:53

I'm just going to add a bit to what Shantom already said.

I think it's very important to remove some medals that are to hard to get. Example:

In this game we removed about 20 medals from it. It was pointed out that they were literally impossible to get, as some of them would take a 100 years to unlock.

Then there are games like this:

Beside the author, no one has gotten any of the high point medals, and it was published awhile ago. It's not that people haven't tried. I mean, two of the better NG gamers, who usually get high scores, were only able to get half the medals. But the game has such atrocious gameplay, it's hard for most people just to get a couple of points. If two of the better players weren't able to get some of those medals, then it begs the question of if they are possible to get.

For this particular game, I suspect the author didn't try to see if the challenges were possible or not. They most likely used some cheat to get all the medals at once. In previous cases, almost identical to this one, we would remove all the medals if anyone found the cheat - like a secret button, or password. But, since no one has found anything like that for this one, we will most likely remove all the medals that no one, besides the author, have unlocked.

The point here is that @DoctorStrongbad has a valid concern about certain medals that are hard to get. He wasn't referring to every hard to get medal, he was referring to certain ones that have been around for over a year, but no one has been able to get them. There are probably just a handful of them like that. And out of those, there may be a couple that are achievable (which no one has shown any interest in getting, if they are possible), but most of them are probably not achievable for one reason or other.

So, I fail to see how his post was self serving. He didn't demand that these medals be removed, he just said that they MAY need to be removed. He may not have been clear on the reason for their removal, other than they were hard, but it's clear from my experience , that there are valid reasons for why some of them need to be removed, which backs his opinion up.

Anyways... Yes, there are medals that should have higher values, but I think you rather appreciate those points than be given easy 500 points in half an hour - with a link to a walkthrough. I recently had to get after a well known author, who always gives medals in his art themed games, for throwing them out at players as if they were candy. All game authors are allowed to give out a maximum of 500 points in their games, but some think they should use it all up in one setting, ignoring the challenging ranking of medals. We let a lot of things slide, but this is clear abuse of the medal system, which only serves the purpose of devaluing the system.

Another common problem is that authors will often create redundant medals. For example:

You get 2 medals for beating the boss level, one for the child and one for the the gem. What is the point of that? And, conveniently, it all totals 500 points, for a very easy game you can probably beat in half an hour. SO, I'm thinking of removing the gem medals, because that is the only thing we can do to lower the total medal points of the game to better reflect the of type of challenge it offers.

And, "yes", we do announce our intentions to other mods when we plan to remove medals because of high point values not reflecting the challenge/s. If any of them object, well discuss it further, otherwise, we go through with it. But it's not something we do often, only in extreme cases, where the abuse is very clear.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-30 04:46:23

At 10/30/16 01:25 AM, EdyKel wrote: Then there are games like this:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/676041
For this particular game, I suspect the author didn't try to see if the challenges were possible or not.

I think it is possible to unlock all of those medals. I only played this game for a few minutes and already got used to the - not quite so well programmed - gameplay. It is similiar to http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/603624 Oppa Gangnam Run's "boulder dash" medal. You just need to get lucky at some point and in this case to only have avoidable obstacles. This will take days maybe weeks or months as well, but it is nothing else than what you have to do for "boulder dash". Sitting in front of your PC and waiting for the best possible RNG.

<3

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-30 13:10:10

At 10/30/16 04:46 AM, Syrreal wrote:
At 10/30/16 01:25 AM, EdyKel wrote: Then there are games like this:
For this particular game, I suspect the author didn't try to see if the challenges were possible or not.
I think it is possible to unlock all of those medals. I only played this game for a few minutes and already got used to the - not quite so well programmed - gameplay. It is similiar to http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/603624 Oppa Gangnam Run's "boulder dash" medal. You just need to get lucky at some point and in this case to only have avoidable obstacles. This will take days maybe weeks or months as well, but it is nothing else than what you have to do for "boulder dash". Sitting in front of your PC and waiting for the best possible RNG.

Well, you have the highest score for the game, at 31, so I'll have to take your word for it. You are free to try to unlock the rest of the medals, because I certainly don't have any rhythm in my fingers for these types of games. I just don't want the only person to have unlocked them to be just the author, who I suspect was using some cheat - Almost every game he has published he has unlocked all their medals on the same day, while leaving no high score on the scoreboard.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-30 22:05:38

At 10/30/16 01:25 AM, EdyKel wrote: I'm just going to add a bit to what Shantom already said.

I think it's very important to remove some medals that are to hard to get. Example:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/653848
In this game we removed about 20 medals from it. It was pointed out that they were literally impossible to get, as some of them would take a 100 years to unlock.

I totally agree. I haven't seen such a ridiculously slow progress in any clicker game. I PMed the author multiple times, asking for more modules to make this game actually enjoyable, but no updates were made in this matter. Obviously the "leaders" of the score list are hackers. Especially Rexy: he earned all his medals in one day.

Then there are games like this:
Beside the author, no one has gotten any of the high point medals, and it was published awhile ago. It's not that people haven't tried. I mean, two of the better NG gamers, who usually get high scores, were only able to get half the medals. But the game has such atrocious gameplay, it's hard for most people just to get a couple of points. If two of the better players weren't able to get some of those medals, then it begs the question of if they are possible to get.

Well, this game has a terrible design and mechanics. Once that "copter" is not responding at all, the other time it just bounces sky-high... I don't know if it is my computer, but for me it is unplayable.

Speaking of impossible medals: in these 2 games there are ones which haven't been earned even by the author:

I assume that nobody even finished that game. And from the same author:

If those secret medals are for finishing the game without dying or something... Bitch please... another terrible design...

There is also another one, an older one, with medals earned only by the authors, but I can't recall its name. It is about placing directional arrows in front of 2 simultaneously running characters. Maybe for somebody it will ring the bell.

I recently had to get after a well known author, who always gives medals in his art themed games, for throwing them out at players as if they were candy.

Art? Do you mean Munguia by any chance?
I think there is another, even better known author, who you should teach a lesson of handling the medals. I mean gamezhero, they NEVER care about fixing anything in their games.

All game authors are allowed to give out a maximum of 500 points in their games, but some think they should use it all up in one setting, ignoring the challenging ranking of medals. We let a lot of things slide, but this is clear abuse of the medal system, which only serves the purpose of devaluing the system.

And, "yes", we do announce our intentions to other mods when we plan to remove medals because of high point values not reflecting the challenge/s. If any of them object, well discuss it further, otherwise, we go through with it. But it's not something we do often, only in extreme cases, where the abuse is very clear.

I think that you are looking at this whole issue from a bit wrong point of view. You shouldn't only check if the medals are not abusing the rules, the system, but if they really represent the difficulty or the effort needed to earn them. Which leads also to the subject of undervalued medals.

Now I will ask you a provocative question: did you ever suggest any game developer that the medals included in the game are in fact harder to get and it would be good to rise their points value?

If you would ask me - I would clearly say "yes". And not once. Here is an example: Orion may be doing some crappy games sometimes, but this one was rather interesting in my opinion:

Initially all the medals in this game were worth only 5-10 points, so I suggested him that he could rise the points value of some of them and - no need to thank me ;-) - some of those medals are now worth more or even much more.

Let's take a look at another game:

For finishing the whole game you get only 10 points. The same 10 points you earn in many games for doing really easy things - which is how it should be. But you cannot finish that game in seconds, so I think that the medal for finishing this game should be worth - let's say - 50 points, like it looks like in many other puzzle games with only one medal available.

Summarizing: if we really want the medals on Newgrounds to reflect their true difficulty, we should modify their values in both ways: decrease them as well as increase them. I for example checked that legendary Cathode Raybots and people who finished that game definitely deserve to have more points from it on their accounts :-)

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-10-31 21:31:10

At 10/30/16 10:05 PM, HerbieG wrote:
Well, this game has a terrible design and mechanics. Once that "copter" is not responding at all, the other time it just bounces sky-high... I don't know if it is my computer, but for me it is unplayable.

Speaking of impossible medals: in these 2 games there are ones which haven't been earned even by the author:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/673646
I assume that nobody even finished that game. And from the same author:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/658484
If those secret medals are for finishing the game without dying or something... Bitch please... another terrible design...

There is also another one, an older one, with medals earned only by the authors, but I can't recall its name. It is about placing directional arrows in front of 2 simultaneously running characters. Maybe for somebody it will ring the bell.

Before we remove any medal for being unattainable, we have to make sure that it is truly impossible to get, not just hard to get. One of the problems is that many of these medals that have not been unlocked by anyone may be simply due to lack of interest - which is not reason alone to remove it.

Art? Do you mean Munguia by any chance?

yes

I think there is another, even better known author, who you should teach a lesson of handling the medals. I mean gamezhero, they NEVER care about fixing anything in their games.

I'm not even sure if GameZero even makes games. I get the impression they just act as a 3rd party and publishes games here for the actual creators. So, asking them to fix medals is just a waste of time.

I think that you are looking at this whole issue from a bit wrong point of view. You shouldn't only check if the medals are not abusing the rules, the system, but if they really represent the difficulty or the effort needed to earn them. Which leads also to the subject of undervalued medals.

Now I will ask you a provocative question: did you ever suggest any game developer that the medals included in the game are in fact harder to get and it would be good to rise their points value?

I'm not sure if we have ever brought this issue up before. It doesn't happen that often, so we never really saw it as much of a problem. There are a ton more games that go out of their way to lavish out medals points, for easy, mundane, challenges. Just the other day I had to ask the author of Mafia Stories III to reduce his medal points. He gave a 100 point medal for clicking on an item a few seconds into the game. Stuff like this happens quite often, compared to the few games that give low point medals for hard challenges.

Summarizing: if we really want the medals on Newgrounds to reflect their true difficulty, we should modify their values in both ways: decrease them as well as increase them. I for example checked that legendary Cathode Raybots and people who finished that game definitely deserve to have more points from it on their accounts :-)

Well, first of all, we don't have the ability to reduce, or increase, medal points. We can only remove them - or reinstate them. It's been talked about, giving us the ability to modify medal values, but nothing has come of it. Even if we did have this option available to us, I think we would still be very mindful of the author's intent. It's ultimately up to them to decide value, not us. We only get involved when it becomes absolutely necessary for the integrity of the system.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-11-01 12:46:19

I tried yesterday and today, many times. Nobody earned that medal this year, so I guess that the trick or treat medal, as well as the other date-based medals, is not working:

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-11-04 00:30:58

At 11/1/16 12:46 PM, HerbieG wrote: I tried yesterday and today, many times. Nobody earned that medal this year, so I guess that the trick or treat medal, as well as the other date-based medals, is not working:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/597180

The Halloween medal worked for me, but I had issues with The Clockday, 2012 Tank day, Sexual Lobster, and Meat Boy medals.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-11-29 00:20:16

Abyss 2.5

The Arise! medal for reaching 10,000 meters, worth 100 points is broken.

Check the high scores and clearly see I'm well within that range and yet have not obtained that medal.

I've tried on both Firefox and Chrome, and using different birds as well. I thought maybe you needed to obtain it with the original blue bird, so I didn't file the report until now, when I have done it with the original blue bird and yet still no medal.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-12-08 05:58:37

I would have a small request regarding this game:

I saw that the 100% achievements medal has been removed. I wanted to check if it is possible to get it, so could you bring it back ? I think that @Glamdrung and @Fioresa may be even closer to it.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-12-08 15:03:22

At 12/8/16 05:58 AM, HerbieG wrote: I would have a small request regarding this game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/683931
I saw that the 100% achievements medal has been removed. I wanted to check if it is possible to get it, so could you bring it back ? I think that @Glamdrung and @Fioresa may be even closer to it.

its not possible....
96.6% is max. wasted 3.5 weeks attempting it.
couple issues, one of the platforms disappears when you get it (makes it very difficult to bypass as its a late platform) but that would only would bring you up to 98% max. 100% isn't possible. I have maxed out every possible thing.

made me a bit upset cause again, wasted weeks with it open constantly, but then just figured it was one of the best troll medals ever and got a laugh.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-12-08 15:09:32

At 12/8/16 03:03 PM, Fioresa wrote:
At 12/8/16 05:58 AM, HerbieG wrote: I would have a small request regarding this game:
its not possible....
couple issues, one of the platforms disappears when you get it (makes it very difficult to bypass as its a late platform) but that would only would bring you up to 98% max. 100% isn't possible. I have maxed out every possible thing.

made me a bit upset cause again, wasted weeks with it open constantly, but then just figured it was one of the best troll medals ever and got a laugh.

Troll medals? You think that it was intended from the start?
Which platform did disappear for you? Upgrading it could be responsible for about 0,3-0,5%, depending on the setting of the game.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-12-08 15:18:39

At 12/8/16 03:09 PM, HerbieG wrote:
At 12/8/16 03:03 PM, Fioresa wrote:
its not possible....

Troll medals? You think that it was intended from the start?
Which platform did disappear for you? Upgrading it could be responsible for about 0,3-0,5%, depending on the setting of the game.

it was about 6 or so from the bottom. wouldn't make a difference on the ability to get 100% though. I donno if it was designed from the start (probably not, since it was removed), but i like to think it was :) makes me feel better about going through that fiasco. Upgrading only works until 500 anyways. i did 1000 (max) on each platform, but you don't get any % after 500. I would have toyed with trying to build more games or get more skill / cash, but the minigames and training max out at 5k and you don't get anymore awards. The rewards for finishing games won't even increase your total money or skill in 24 hours (i tried).

my games completed ended at 166.420k. that's when i gave up :)

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-12-08 19:24:25

What's wrong with this game?

It is being shown on the walls as Acrobat Test and has medals, but the link is to Acrobat Smashers with no medals.