00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coolgamer2000s just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Broken Medals Thread

119,921 Views | 1,306 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-17 14:13:42

I'm starting this thread as a singular place to track all the broken medals in the portal.

Broken medals are defines as follows:

1) The medal popup appears in the game, but does not appear on ANYONE's profile. If you had this happen, but everyone else on the site got it fine, it's likely a lost packet do to a connection fart, and not a truly broken medal.

2) You have preformed the requirements for the medal and nothing happens. Make sure you are CRYSTAL CLEAR what is required to get a medal before claiming you didn't get it.

3) The requirement for the medal is impossible to achieve without cheating. I do not mean that it's impossible because you suck at the game, but that it's actually impossible for everyone.

Note: if a broken medal is worth 0 points, it's probably already been un-approved. Don't report these.

Before you report a broken medal, please refer to the Newgrounds Medals - Games & Tips thread to verify that other people are having the same problem. I'm less likely to waste time looking into a broken medal unless the hardcore medal collectors that frequent that thread have also verified it.

If the game is less than a week old, PLEASE PM the author and/or leave a bug report in a review so they get a fair chance to fix it. If the author refuses to fix the bug within a few days of your PM/Review, then report it here.

Normally I'm all for smartass comments and having fun in the BBS, but because I really don't want to waste too much time filtering retarded posts from legitimate reports (I got enough shit to do as it is) I expect this thread to stay completely on topic. Failure to do so will most likely result in a ban. This is your only warning.

When posting your report, PLEASE include a link to the game in question, and the full name of the broken medal as it appears on the page.

Finally, this thread is NOT for reporting cheaters. If you can PROVE someone cheated beyond a doubt, then you can PM me with your evidence.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-17 14:26:10

Broken medals:

Fig. 8 - Professional

Save The Goons - Bomb Blocker

K-Million - Rock Solid

the Kill Kar II: Revenge - Kustomized

Also, as the presence of broken medals is a useful tool for identifying cheaters, I'd like to request that the medals be left in the game but their point values be zeroed.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-17 14:28:00

Seed of Destruction - im not literate

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-17 14:29:53

At 9/17/10 02:28 PM, Auditor45 wrote: Seed of Destruction - im not literate

To clarify, the Seed of Destruction Literate and Illiterate medals are coded as such:

If you spend less than 5 seconds on the instruction screen, you get illiterate. If you spend more than 14(?) seconds, you get literate. If you spend any time between those times, you get neither. And once you've passed the instruction screen once, you never get another chance for those medals. While technically the medals both work, we in the medal hunting community find the devious coding to be extremely unfair.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-17 14:32:09

i saw it as a broken medal in ugolegend Newgrounds Medals Submission

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-17 14:35:43

Epic war 3 4 muskeeter medal

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-17 14:38:53

zOMGies - BOOM! has had its requirements changed, but the changes have not been approved. As it sits now, the medal is impossible to attain, as the requirement is something that cannot happen.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-17 14:40:43

- Someone Set Us Up The Bomb (broken)
- Bomb Squad (Glitchy: 10 Bomb Round questions required instead of the 3 Bomb Rounds as stated - identified by DigDogy)

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-17 15:14:02

-Gnome Destroyer- kill 10 large gnomes(broken)
-Poison Defelctor- kill a gnome poison mage(broken)

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-17 15:26:21

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-17 15:36:59

The medal: 'Break Brittle Bricks Briskly' in Quick Sand is broken.

The medal: 'Dinos Meal' and the secret medal: 'TNT Victim' in Harry Stick Journry are broken.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-18 11:39:57

At 9/17/10 03:36 PM, GangLandPrimer wrote: The medal: 'Break Brittle Bricks Briskly' in Quick Sand is broken.

The medal: 'Dinos Meal' and the secret medal: 'TNT Victim' in Harry Stick Journry are broken.

The brick breaking medal in Quick Sand seems to have only stopped working since the last time the game was updated. I think I got that medal while it was worth zero points. It was discussed in the games and tips thread here.

Those 2 medals in Harry Stick Journey are definitely broken. All the medals for that game are the same as the in-game achievements. It is possible to get the 'Dino Meal' in-game achievement by being eaten by both the T-rex on level 6 (use the meat?? in the first slot and the banana in the fourth slot), but the medal for it doesn't unlock on the portal page. The author seems to be the only person with this medal.
It is not possible to get either the 'TNT Victim' in-game achievement or its equivalent medal. Since there are only a limited number of combinations in this game, I have tried all scenarios with all the explosives and nothing works. It is most likely that the medal should be unlocked by killing yourself with the TNT in the second slot of level 4.
Confirmed by others here.

At 9/17/10 02:26 PM, DiMono wrote: Broken medals:

Fig. 8 - Professional

K-Million - Rock Solid

Is the Fig. 8 'Professional' medal considered to be broken or just glitchy? I know there are people who have this medal who are currently not considered to be cheaters.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-18 11:57:25

-The letter $ fifteen times(5 points)-Collected all $15 in STREEEEEMERZ mode.(broken)

-No Pain No Game(10 points-Collect all 16 moneybags in Normal Mode.(broken)

-Some medals are glitchy when you quit to menu and sows the medals in-game only and links with your newgrounds accounts.

-True Ninja(50 points)-Score 3000 points(glitchy: I score 3207 and I don't know how it registered on people's account)Is there a method to get it other than scoring 3000 points?

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-18 13:52:14

At 9/18/10 11:57 AM, duckyness wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 2040
-True Ninja(50 points)-Score 3000 points(glitchy: I score 3207 and I don't know how it registered on people's account)Is there a method to get it other than scoring 3000 points?

I looked back at a few of the people who got the True Ninja medal and the people who didn't and it looks to me like you have to get ~3400 or over to unlock the medal.

People who have the medal (scores taken from here and the Top Scores in the game):
waynerz99: 3510
nosesocks: 3490
NearlyNearvana: 3470
DiMono: 3430
Mr-Contradiction: ~3400

People who don't have the medal (scores taken from here and the Top Scores in the game):
Ray80: +3300
duckyness: 3280
Nijsse: ~3100 (got it since time of posting)
Soulsw0rd: 3010

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-19 10:42:37

At 9/18/10 11:39 AM, NearlyNearvana wrote: Is the Fig. 8 'Professional' medal considered to be broken or just glitchy? I know there are people who have this medal who are currently not considered to be cheaters.

I keep trying to get fucrate to tell me whether the medal is possible to get at all, and he never responds. Until he does, I don't think we can confirm this either way.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-19 13:12:10

At 9/18/10 01:52 PM, NearlyNearvana wrote: I looked back at a few of the people who got the True Ninja medal and the people who didn't and it looks to me like you have to get ~3400 or over to unlock the medal.
Nijsse: ~3100 (got it since time of posting)

I think you are right about this one. I beat the game a couple of times and I'm sure I scored way higher than 3100.

At 9/19/10 10:42 AM, DiMono wrote:
At 9/18/10 11:39 AM, NearlyNearvana wrote: Is the Fig. 8 'Professional' medal considered to be broken or just glitchy? I know there are people who have this medal who are currently not considered to be cheaters.
I keep trying to get fucrate to tell me whether the medal is possible to get at all, and he never responds. Until he does, I don't think we can confirm this either way.

Yeah, the medal used to work, but given the time DiMono spent on that game (and the scores he got), I'm kinda sure it's broken.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-20 10:26:07

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-20 14:38:07

Okay, so here is a list of the games/medals I have gone and un-approved. These will now act as 0 point medals and won't show on the official portal pages.

Fig. 8 - Professional

K-Million - Rock Solid

Seed of Destruction - I'm Illiterate, I'm Literate

Zomgies - BOOM!

Drop The Bomb - Bomb Squad (edited to say 10 bomb rounds), Someone Set Us Up The Bomb

LARRY: Gnomergeddon - Gnome Destroyer, Poison Defelctor

Narcolyxii II - all 3

Quicksand - Break brittle bricks briskly

Harry Stick Journey - Dinos Meal, TNT Victim

Streemerz - The Letter $ Fifteen Times, No Pain No Game

Space-ninja - True Ninja

Shift 4 - all 4

I'll be sending a final PM to these authors so they will have the chance to fix them or to just leave them disabled.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-20 16:03:43

At 9/18/10 11:57 AM, duckyness wrote:
True Ninja(50 points)-Score 3000 points.

-I recently got the true ninja medal 2 days ago and noticed that the description is wrong.It should be able to unlock if you score 3400 points.

True Ninja(50 points)-Score 3400 points.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-20 16:21:02

At 9/20/10 02:38 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: Okay, so here is a list of the games/medals I have gone and un-approved. These will now act as 0 point medals and won't show on the official portal pages.

Space-ninja - True Ninja

It just needs its description changed to say 3400 rather than 3000; the medal works, just the requirement is incorrectly listed.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-20 20:58:17

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-21 15:27:37

At 9/20/10 04:21 PM, DiMono wrote: Space-ninja - True Ninja

It just needs its description changed to say 3400 rather than 3000; the medal works, just the requirement is incorrectly listed.

If we're counting medals with incorrect descriptions as broken, here's another one:

In Indie Jones, the description for the 'Tank Award' medal should read - Collect exactly 10 tanks in one game

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-22 11:09:12

Hey, would this be a good place to report medals that have points but aren't adding to our medal score properly? I got 220 medal points on The Beast: MDM before the medals were approved, and now that they've been approved they're not being added to my point total. With those points I should have 59500 (as per NGLogs), but I show as having 59280 instead.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-22 19:09:20

At 9/22/10 11:09 AM, DiMono wrote: Hey, would this be a good place to report medals that have points but aren't adding to our medal score properly? I got 220 medal points on The Beast: MDM before the medals were approved, and now that they've been approved they're not being added to my point total. With those points I should have 59500 (as per NGLogs), but I show as having 59280 instead.

I have those medals as well and the points on my account match my NGLogs stats.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-22 19:23:29

At 9/22/10 07:09 PM, NearlyNearvana wrote:
At 9/22/10 11:09 AM, DiMono wrote: Hey, would this be a good place to report medals that have points but aren't adding to our medal score properly? I got 220 medal points on The Beast: MDM before the medals were approved, and now that they've been approved they're not being added to my point total. With those points I should have 59500 (as per NGLogs), but I show as having 59280 instead.
I have those medals as well and the points on my account match my NGLogs stats.

Did you get them before the medals were approved, as I did? If not, then we likely have the source of the problem and something for PG to work with.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-22 22:13:09

At 9/22/10 07:23 PM, DiMono wrote: Did you get them before the medals were approved, as I did? If not, then we likely have the source of the problem and something for PG to work with.

I got them before the medals were approved as well, so I don't think that's it.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-23 10:24:14

At 9/22/10 10:13 PM, NearlyNearvana wrote:
At 9/22/10 07:23 PM, DiMono wrote: Did you get them before the medals were approved, as I did? If not, then we likely have the source of the problem and something for PG to work with.
I got them before the medals were approved as well, so I don't think that's it.

I figured it out last night: your medal score is calculated when you get a medal, not on the fly when visiting your profile or medals page. So if a medal has its point value changed, you need to get another medal in order to have that change applied to your account. Hopefully this information will make its way onto relevant pages so people don't wonder about it.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-23 11:05:38

The game trailer collab. After you have watched it you will see the bug

fu

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-23 13:06:23

At 9/23/10 11:05 AM, StalkerGuy wrote: The game trailer collab. After you have watched it you will see the bug

Or you could just tell us what the problem is, since we have things to do and since we may or may not encounter the same bug as you.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2010-09-23 16:50:35

At 2/20/10 04:18 PM, DigDogy wrote: Great. Just grrrrrrrreat. I didn't get the Primary Level 9 Time Trail medal on Newgrounds the first time I achieved it, but I got it ingame. The game is programmed that you can get each medal only once, that means after you got it ingame it refuses to send it to Newgrounds a second time. I also found no way to resend them and clearing the cache or sol files doesn't help either since it seems to be bound to your Newgrounds account. I'm starting to get sick of the Newgrounds medals. Shit like this doesn't happen on Kongregate.

Can that game possibly have resend system.Otherwise, level 9 time trail can't resend by clearing your newgrounds data, using a different computer and clearing cookies/sol files.etc...

Official Broken Medals Thread