00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LaurenYoung98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Broken Medals Thread

119,915 Views | 1,306 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-05-26 23:10:07

At 5/26/16 10:01 PM, Syrreal wrote:
At 5/26/16 08:47 PM, HerbieG wrote: I think that most of the medals in this game are not working anymore, I flied a lot, collected a lot and still nothing. Most of them haven't been obtained for a long time:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/572363
Did you follow Fooliolos guide playing in Zen Mode in the forum from the 1st July 2011?
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1035978/728

How about that! They are working! Thanks :-) It will take some time to grind them this way, but good to know that they are available :-)

Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй!

And release [the Leopards-done] ATACMS & F-16s!

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-04 21:53:45

Another game with the same Flash Player story as the ones above:

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-05 11:05:41

And another game, this time the medals are not working. Tried on 2 browsers, cleared files, tried again, reloaded the site, tried to submit a score, still nothing:

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-05 13:15:36

<3

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-06 12:22:42

At 6/5/16 01:15 PM, Syrreal wrote: When we are already at it.
I cannot unlock any medal in:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/673659
and
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/674782
Last time unlocked is a few days ago for both games.

Yeah! I'm the creator of Balloon King. I have no idea what actually happened, but after the end of May, people started having their game frozen while the medal started triggering itself. Before that day, it worked perfectly fine, and I didn't update the game between that timeframe. I removed the way to unlock most of medals to avoid people having the game frozen, but I really am looking forward to finding an actual solution to this... I'm not the best programmer ever, and I'm using Construct 2 engine to help me with it. If anyone figures out what's the matter with Newgrounds' Construct 2 API, please let me know thru PMs...

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-06 12:26:07

At 6/6/16 12:22 PM, ErnieTheMighty wrote:
Yeah! I'm the creator of Balloon King. I have no idea what actually happened, but after the end of May, people started having their game frozen while the medal started triggering itself. Before that day, it worked perfectly fine, and I didn't update the game between that timeframe. I removed the way to unlock most of medals to avoid people having the game frozen, but I really am looking forward to finding an actual solution to this... I'm not the best programmer ever, and I'm using Construct 2 engine to help me with it. If anyone figures out what's the matter with Newgrounds' Construct 2 API, please let me know thru PMs...

Do you know any other developers that are having the same issues?
@PsychoGoldFish - maybe there is something on the side of Newgrounds that could be done about it?

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-06 12:30:00

At 6/6/16 12:26 PM, HerbieG wrote:
@PsychoGoldFish - maybe there is something on the side of Newgrounds that could be done about it?

Unfortunately, I only know developers who are using Unity, Unreal Engine or something more complex of their own. I have like 3 friends who develop with Construct 2 but they only do so for mobile platforms... (So they don't get to use the Newgrounds API...)

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-06 12:55:11

Unfortunately, we didn't build the construct 2 api that people have been using, so there's not a lot we can do on our side.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-06 13:00:14

At 6/6/16 12:30 PM, ErnieTheMighty wrote:
Unfortunately, I only know developers who are using Unity, Unreal Engine or something more complex of their own. I have like 3 friends who develop with Construct 2 but they only do so for mobile platforms... (So they don't get to use the Newgrounds API...)

You know what, I got an idea, upload the game as a working project with a simple added medal and add me as a tester, I'll check it and try to scan this with one debugger tool. Maybe I will find something and this won't disrupt the current gameplay.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-06 20:44:19

At 6/5/16 01:15 PM, Syrreal wrote: When we are already at it.
I cannot unlock any medal in:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/673659
and
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/674782
Last time unlocked is a few days ago for both games.

I'm the creator of Dark Bullet.
I made the game in Haxepunk, but I had a lot of issues with the engine.
Cookies must be enabled in your browser to unlock the medals.
I have not updated the game in awhile.
I just checked and their seems to be a bug as NG says I last updated the game at 11/30/-1.
All my other games have legitimate dates as the last upload.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-07 01:18:17

At 6/6/16 01:00 PM, HerbieG wrote: You know what, I got an idea, upload the game as a working project with a simple added medal and add me as a tester, I'll check it and try to scan this with one debugger tool. Maybe I will find something and this won't disrupt the current gameplay.

There's still leftover medals which I forgot to remove when you reach Balloon King and Balloon Emperor ranks. You can test it out there if you wanna try.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-08 03:11:38

Angry Bees

The "What Can I Say" medal fails to unlock. I've tried this multiple times now. And yes I've even reloaded the page prior to what should be unlocking that achievement (in the tricky cases where the Newgrounds medals fail to unlock after long playtime), but even that doesn't work, so that's not what's breaking this medal.

The achievement will display in-game and it will act like you got it, and be displayed if you choose "Achievements" in-game. Except it never appears in your medals, even after countless reloading the page.

Both other medals work. With "Pistol Passion" specifically you have to *not* buy certain things.

It's very annoying because "What Can I Say" takes a long time to grind up to, only to be disappointed with no medal awarded. And having tried it multiple times and even reloading the game just prior to upgrading everything (to make sure the medals connection is good), and yet no medal awarded.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-08 21:37:28

"Laser Runner" medal doesn't work. The popup appears in-game but doesn't actually award to your medals.

Not sure if "Laser Marathonist" will suffer the same or not as I've not done well enough to have earned that one.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-09 06:03:41

At 6/8/16 09:37 PM, NeonSpider wrote: "Laser Runner" medal doesn't work. The popup appears in-game but doesn't actually award to your medals.

Not sure if "Laser Marathonist" will suffer the same or not as I've not done well enough to have earned that one.

Ack. Okay, this time "Laser Runner" awarded, despite it not awarding the past 3 or 4 times I played the game and legitimately earned it.

So, it's one of those iffy medals that sometimes awards, sometimes doesn't. Annoying but still obtainable.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-16 22:08:09

Unfortunately 2 more games with problem with medals or the game itself:

In this one the medals stopped working:

And in this one there is the same Flash player problem like in 4 others I mentioned before:

Judging by the reviews the problem is already over 2 years old.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-17 09:33:38

I also doubt that the medals in this game are still working, last unlock: over 3 years ago and I don't think it's because nobody played it. I tried few times and still nothing:

Yup! It's me again ;-)
This time a deleted game medals from which are still in the system - and not on Nijsse's account ;-)

Pair Bots

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-18 18:30:18

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-22 18:18:01

This time something entirely different regarding probably the problem with API system: if you were playing this game

between February and April 2013 double check it if you have a correct display of points from it. For some reason on many accounts even 200-300 points are missing although the number of medals unlocked is correct. I have no idea what is so special about this certain game in this matter anyway.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-22 18:57:40

At 6/18/16 06:30 PM, HerbieG wrote: And another game with broken medals, last unlock - 2 years ago:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/609821

The medals don't work for me either. Two years ago being the last time someone unlocked medals from that game is ridiculous.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-22 18:59:39

At 6/22/16 06:57 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 6/18/16 06:30 PM, HerbieG wrote: And another game with broken medals, last unlock - 2 years ago:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/609821
The medals don't work for me either. Two years ago being the last time someone unlocked medals from that game is ridiculous.

And not fixing or removing them...

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-30 01:09:42

@ForNoReason @Knuckstrike @Nijsse

I'm sorry to tag all of you guys, but there have been a lot of broken medals reported lately and none of them are getting fixed.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-30 08:03:51

I've PM'd all authors about their games, hopefully they'll respond soon.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-06-30 19:33:32

Another not working game:

Unfortunately I already spoke with Duderuud and he lost all of the data from this game, so it rather cannot be fixed.

By the way, I am only posting information about the games authors of which I was unable to contact, so it should be easier for Moderators. In fact, I haven't posted info about many games here because I simply solved the problem by myself by successfully PMing the authors and discussing the issue with them.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-07-01 04:41:04

As many of the comments state, medals don't work at all.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-07-01 11:56:20

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-07-01 20:59:54

This time just a question: could somebody check if the medals are unlocking in this game? I tried it on 2 browsers, earned a solid amount of points, passed several speed stages, but nothing:

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2016-07-02 12:49:58

To the medal Moderators let's say I will tag @Knuckstrike since I have seen him here around lately: if you would like to think of removing the medals from Balloon King - like Quick Draw McGraw would say it:

Hold on thar!

To @ErnieTheMighty:
I just played this game and the medals for becoming the Balloon King and Balloon Emperor showed up without any problems, also somebody earned the first one 10 days ago, so AFTER your problems occurred.
Try to attach all the other medals back and check what will happen.
Recently Adobe released the 22 version of the Flash Player, it could be an issue with 21.