00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheClownmanPuggles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Broken Medals Thread

120,661 Views | 1,309 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-06-23 02:29:25

Natural born killer medal is broken

I don't die and secret medal are broken, the game itself is not working properly

Under 25 and under 50 seconds medals not working

The medals from this game don't work, reported it numerous times, no reaction either. Wonder how long will it take to finally either fix or remove the medals.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-06-23 02:35:04

Medals ain't working again. This game has a history of medals refusing to work multiple times.

none of the medals are working.

same here

and here

Not sure if this one was reported yet, I've completed the easy and normal modes, but did not receive the medals. Is there any confirmation that you need to rank all three stars to earn the medals?

EDIT: Okay, the medals are working. The descriptions for them are misleading as you do need to complete every level - Easy, Medium, and Hard - with 3 stars.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-07-08 08:05:04

Another game that has broken medals

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-07-12 11:24:53

Already mentioned by @neonspider in the comments, all the medals don't work.

medals that don't work 100% sure: clumsy boy, adventurer, flash, hero, zealot

albeit none of the medals might be working anymore

I ONLY WONDER WHAT'S THE POINT OF ME REPORTING BROKEN MEDALS, IF THEY AREN'T EVER REMOVED?

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-08-01 13:07:21

At 5/10/19 10:26 PM, neurolich wrote: It started with seeing how easily achievable all the medals are. Ten hours later, and I feel like the ultimate dumbass.

Last time it was earned was in 2018, so I don't know what the trick was to get it unlocked on the site.

Sorry for the thread revival, but here's the game. If this was reported before, I apologize.

Oh god, this is traumatising. Same story here..wasted so much time for nothing

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-08-25 10:19:37

TrumpGrounds no longer loads. It's already set to HTTP. You just get a black screen and nothing.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-08-25 10:38:41

At 7/12/19 11:24 AM, SLjimbolian wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/734542

Already mentioned by @neonspider in the comments, all the medals don't work.

Except the medals in that game work now, or at least did when I last earned them. Generally speaking, if it's a brand new game, I'd say wait at least a week or two before reporting it here (reporting it in the comments of the game itself is fine), as there's a pretty good chance the game author will fix it themselves in that time and/or they will remove the medals. Plus there will just be way too many games reported here otherwise, causing long-broken games to be pushed back several pages and maybe not noticed by medal mods.

Also you've noticed there are games listed in the "games with medals" which have no medals. Not a case of broken medals. A case of the current "games with medals" pages being no good. I've brought this up several times where the old games with medals page is so much superior to the one they're going with now, point-by-point. It's some aesthetic "looks better on mobile" or whatever nonsense reason as far as I'm aware.

If you want the non-shitty games with medals page, it's here https://www.newgrounds.com/gameswithmedals

Bookmark that. The current official one sucks.

Current official one lists way too many games which don't have medals. It also neglects to mention games which do have medals. The far superior games with medals pages (the old one) do not contain such erroneous entries and fully list all games with medals. Also much easier to browse through and gives far more information at a glance. Just better in every single possible way.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-08-31 17:11:45

This game is broken, it glitches when you defeat the first rival.

Also this game has been mentioned already but whatever. Medals for collecting bananas are broken, the rest of the medals (for jumping and dying) work fine.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-09-03 06:54:15

At 8/31/19 05:11 PM, Optimos wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/629617

This game is broken, it glitches when you defeat the first rival.

Yes that one does appear to be broken.

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/734542

Also this game has been mentioned already but whatever. Medals for collecting bananas are broken, the rest of the medals (for jumping and dying) work fine.

LMAO stop reporting games which have already been (incorrectly) reported multiple times, but which do not have currently broken medals. (Yes they were initially broken but have long since been fixed way before you made this post). Yourself you have all medals in that game as of a day or two ago yet you did not correct yourself here.

It gets annoying.

If the medals are actually broken, and you've tried the workarounds and asking around and they're indeed broken, that's one thing. But when people constantly report non-broken medals it gets old.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-09-08 04:51:49

Many games from https://desagames.newgrounds.com/ have had their medals removed.

However all such medals remain on-profile and you will have x out of 0 points possible. These phantom medals need removing.

Presumably they were removed as they are almost all Adult-rated games.

If medals are being removed from Adult-rated games then these also need removing.

And

As both games still retain their medals but are Adult-rated.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-09-08 23:38:55

Another one that probably needs medals removed, if the site policy is to remove all medals from Adult-rated submissions.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-09-14 08:26:32

The game doesn't play past a certain point anymore due to file size, so people who played it while it was still working suddenly find the remainder of the medals unwinnable.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-09-14 13:28:26

At 9/8/19 11:38 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Another one that probably needs medals removed, if the site policy is to remove all medals from Adult-rated submissions.

True, however, if you see Tom Fulp in the list of creators, you can assume it's been given a pass. This one has. ;)

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-09-14 20:55:18

At 9/14/19 08:26 AM, PhantomWatcher wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/550407

The game doesn't play past a certain point anymore due to file size, so people who played it while it was still working suddenly find the remainder of the medals unwinnable.

You sure it's not just game bugs? That game has a lot of them. See my review of the game for example. Every medal was obtainable then and I see no reason that's not still the case.

Or in other words you might have to reload it and try again several times before certain things work as they should. As the game can get hung or stuck, particularly at the wolf part.

Why do you conclude this is "due to file size"? If the game loads and plays then it's not "due to file size". Maybe you have something misconfigured in your browser? Maybe try another browser?

While it would be ideal if games didn't have bugs, that's not the case, and as far as Newgrounds considering medals broken, they must be permanently broken, not merely buggy or only award sometimes but not other times. Users are required to go through all the workarounds first.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-09-14 21:37:43

At 9/14/19 08:26 AM, PhantomWatcher wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/550407

The game does seem to be broken another way though, unless it works for someone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_AFayRrtlo

Around the 3 minutes mark if you follow this you're supposed to end up in a room with the dead tree thing, and entering from the left, and you're then supposed to break off his claw to use as a weapon.

Instead what happens (tested on both recent Chrome and Firefox) is you enter that room from the right, for some reason your brother is already in that room playing with the dead guy (if you'll notice in the walkthrough your brother is not in that room), and you can't move or do anything.

But that certainly has nothing to do with the game's filesize.

If this is the case (and other people need to test to see if they can get past that part), then every medal except Got Wood?, Saviour, Sorceress, and Holy Shhhhhh are now broken.

You'll need to start a new game and not continue from whatever saved game to test this.

At 9/14/19 08:55 PM, NeonSpider wrote:

You sure it's not just game bugs? That game has a lot of them. See my review of the game for example. Every medal was obtainable then and I see no reason that's not still the case.

Or in other words you might have to reload it and try again several times before certain things work as they should. As the game can get hung or stuck, particularly at the wolf part.

Why do you conclude this is "due to file size"? If the game loads and plays then it's not "due to file size". Maybe you have something misconfigured in your browser? Maybe try another browser?

While it would be ideal if games didn't have bugs, that's not the case, and as far as Newgrounds considering medals broken, they must be permanently broken, not merely buggy or only award sometimes but not other times. Users are required to go through all the workarounds first.

No, it might not be due to file size, I got that from one of the comments on the game from those which were experiencing the same problem as me. Several people are experiencing the same thing I am.

I also played it while it was still working all to the end a year or so ago but now it doesn't go past a certain point close to the beginning of the game.You can play up until the end of fhe tree kitchen but getting past that point is impossible now. Which means you can get several of the early medals but none of the later ones.

I've also reloaded and tried the game several times, but the result hasn't changed.

At 9/14/19 09:37 PM, NeonSpider wrote:

The game does seem to be broken another way though, unless it works for someone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_AFayRrtlo
Around the 3 minutes mark if you follow this you're supposed to end up in a room with the dead tree thing, and entering from the left, and you're then supposed to break off his claw to use as a weapon.

Instead what happens (tested on both recent Chrome and Firefox) is you enter that room from the right, for some reason your brother is already in that room playing with the dead guy (if you'll notice in the walkthrough your brother is not in that room), and you can't move or do anything.

But that certainly has nothing to do with the game's filesize.

If this is the case (and other people need to test to see if they can get past that part), then every medal except Got Wood?, Saviour, Sorceress, and Holy Shhhhhh are now broken.

You'll need to start a new game and not continue from whatever saved game to test this.

I don't know if it's a bug as it stops at this point each time, and you are unable to move gretel using either the wasd keys or the directional keys, hansel also didn't used to be there the first time I played.

iu_55235_4345716.jpg

Either way, there's definitely no way to get past this point and get the rest of the medals. Which is why I thought this would be the best thread to put it in.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-09-16 09:45:25

At 9/15/19 10:03 AM, PhantomWatcher wrote: Either way, there's definitely no way to get past this point and get the rest of the medals. Which is why I thought this would be the best thread to put it in.

I emailed Mako about this to see if he has any ideas. Wondering if something there is waiting on an HTTP request before proceeding, which could break when the page is now HTTPS.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-09-16 12:08:56

At 9/16/19 09:45 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/15/19 10:03 AM, PhantomWatcher wrote: Either way, there's definitely no way to get past this point and get the rest of the medals. Which is why I thought this would be the best thread to put it in.
I emailed Mako about this to see if he has any ideas. Wondering if something there is waiting on an HTTP request before proceeding, which could break when the page is now HTTPS.

I checked the last unlocks of all medals and most of them stopped working on September 2017 which marks the time when NG switched to https. Maybe we could try moving the game to http to see what would it change? On the other hand it would be the first case when some of the medals work under https and some other not. Anyway, worth a try.

Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй!

And release [the Leopards-done] ATACMS & F-16s!

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-09-16 14:40:06

At 9/16/19 12:08 PM, HerbieG wrote:
I checked the last unlocks of all medals and most of them stopped working on September 2017 which marks the time when NG switched to https. Maybe we could try moving the game to http to see what would it change? On the other hand it would be the first case when some of the medals work under https and some other not. Anyway, worth a try.

Good news! I just unlocked the Gut busting medal (with the test account) that hasn't been unlocked for 2 years, so I presume that the other medals work as well.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-09-16 14:46:27

At 9/16/19 02:40 PM, HerbieG wrote:
At 9/16/19 12:08 PM, HerbieG wrote:
Good news! I just unlocked the Gut busting medal (with the test account) that hasn't been unlocked for 2 years, so I presume that the other medals work as well.

Cool - that was after the HTTP switch right? Guess that was the issue.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-09-16 14:48:08

At 9/16/19 02:46 PM, TomFulp wrote:

that the other medals work as well.

Cool - that was after the HTTP switch right? Guess that was the issue.

Yup! I only got no idea why few of the medals worked under https while all others did not.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-10-06 05:11:48

Africa Dudes

This movie has medals, but I do not get them. Do they not work or am I doing something wrong?

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-10-06 08:22:06

At 10/6/19 05:11 AM, MeGa-wise wrote: Africa Dudes

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/551252

This movie has medals, but I do not get them. Do they not work or am I doing something wrong?

You watched everything to the very end, without skipping anything?

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-10-06 08:42:32

At 10/6/19 08:22 AM, HerbieG wrote:

Sure.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-10-06 09:18:12

At 10/6/19 08:42 AM, MeGa-wise wrote:

Sure.

@Stamper - can the medals work in this mode?

@TomFulp - what do you think?

And - I just have to - where, oh where is the FULL Version?

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-10-07 11:03:30

I got all of the medals on that, but it was 10 years ago. Looks like several people have unlocked the medals within the last several months as well.

So if something happened it must have been pretty recently. For the last medal you have to watch it through twice without skipping?

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-10-07 12:53:32

At 10/7/19 11:03 AM, Fro wrote:

I got all of the medals on that, but it was 10 years ago. Looks like several people have unlocked the medals within the last several months as well.

So if something happened it must have been pretty recently. For the last medal you have to watch it through twice without skipping?

The problem is that the earlier, longer version that lasted some 15-20 minutes was a flash version, obviously with the medals code included. Now, the shorter one is being played as a simple video, so it may even not trigger the medals.

The "Default to original Flash version of movies when available" option also does not help since the original version does not exist anymore.

Back then, when the flash version was there if not skipped or closed it was just continuing playing after it finished for the first time, currently there even is no way for the animation to count how many times it was played.