00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Davethemann1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Broken Medals Thread

120,648 Views | 1,309 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-01-21 16:35:55

At 1/15/19 11:26 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 1/15/19 02:16 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 1/14/19 11:10 AM, SLjimbolian wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/723707

What is this noise? All medals are zero points and it feels like spam.
Zero point medal used to be a big thing years ago. Lately, they have been removed. Thanks for letting us know about these zero point medals.
Zero point medal just means it's a normal-pointage medal (5, 10, 25, 50, or 100 point medal) but where no one has yet earned the medal. It's actually good to show the zero point medals on the page because otherwise no one knows there are even additional medals to try for, and all medals start out as zero point medals. In many cases the medals are legit and can be earned but tend to be extremely difficult to earn, thus can sometimes take years before anyone manages to do it.

That said, there are certainly no shortage of people who seem clueless on how the medals work and add in medals to their games which don't work and then of course these also will be stuck at 0 points unless or until the author fixes them to where they do work and at least one person earns them.

I would say generally give new games at least some settling time as a lot of those issues get sorted within a week or two. If a game still has no earnable medals after a month or more, then maybe it needs looking into. But it's actually pretty normal for some few medal(s) to be 0 points even in very old submissions, and again in many cases they're not even broken just merely no one has done it yet. I myself have earned a number of such 0 point medals in older games, and which then became their true value after I had done so.

Oh the medals aren't so much the issue, the game itself is flat out spam.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-01-21 16:40:31

At 1/21/19 04:35 PM, SLjimbolian wrote: Oh the medals aren't so much the issue, the game itself is flat out spam.

Won't be the first or the last spam game on Newgrounds. Blame the people who vote up that stuff instead of giving it 0's. Seems nothing gets blammed anymore.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Needs HTTP simple as that. Classic symptom of game freeze upon medal get rather than medal get.

Also needs HTTP

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-02-10 19:21:30

At 1/21/19 04:40 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 1/21/19 04:35 PM, SLjimbolian wrote: Oh the medals aren't so much the issue, the game itself is flat out spam.
Won't be the first or the last spam game on Newgrounds. Blame the people who vote up that stuff instead of giving it 0's. Seems nothing gets blammed anymore.

Whatta know, it finally got blammed.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-02-11 00:27:49

Rocket Run doesn't exist anymore and it's on the front page.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-02-11 17:48:22

At 2/10/19 07:21 PM, SLjimbolian wrote:
At 1/21/19 04:40 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
Whatta know, it finally got blammed.

Nah. If a game is removed after the under judgment voting period, then either moderators or staff removed it or the game author removed it themselves. If game author removed it they can put it back up again at any time. If mods/staff removed it it's gone.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-02-12 17:13:16

None of medals seem to work. Only one person has one of the medals and that is one of the game authors.

Pico's school medals don't work. I've tried playing it 3 times and the audio is off as well.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-02-22 16:48:04

At 2/22/19 04:45 PM, lightnuing wrote: Pico's school medals don't work. I've tried playing it 3 times and the audio is off as well.

Sounds like it is defaulting to the HTML5 version for you, which is more limited than the SWF version. I should probably just remove that version.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-02-22 16:51:32

At 2/22/19 04:48 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/22/19 04:45 PM, lightnuing wrote: Pico's school medals don't work. I've tried playing it 3 times and the audio is off as well.
Sounds like it is defaulting to the HTML5 version for you, which is more limited than the SWF version. I should probably just remove that version.

It is definitely something on lightnuing's side, even today several people earned the medals, the audio is working fine as well.

Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй!

And release [the Leopards-done] ATACMS & F-16s!

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-02-22 17:04:04

At 2/22/19 04:48 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Thank you!

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-02-28 21:35:13

Now I'm having problems with warriors of the portal. I get the feeling it's the same thing with html 5 and flash for getting medals. The flash versions work, but the html 5 doesn't.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-02-28 22:47:18

I figured it out with the flash version.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-03-20 20:47:33

Doesn't go anywhere except for the loading screen.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-03-21 08:22:21

At 3/20/19 08:47 PM, SLjimbolian wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/695851

Hmm this works for me.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-03-21 11:14:02

At 3/21/19 08:22 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Hmm this works for me.

Can confirm that it works for me as well. Also all the medals seem to work. :P

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-03-22 22:33:57

At 3/21/19 11:14 AM, Fro wrote:
At 3/21/19 08:22 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Hmm this works for me.
Can confirm that it works for me as well. Also all the medals seem to work. :P

True. It is an example of a game which is ridiculously huge in filesize though, and especially unreasonably so considering how simple of a game it is. It thus takes unreasonably long to load.

IMO there really should be filesize limits to submissions, and if there are they are way too lenient.

In exceptional cases where a game of epic proportions actually does need it, exceptions can be made here or there, but 99.99% of the time it's just complete amateurs abusing peoples' bandwidth and there's really no good excuse for that.

All medals in this game are now broken as the game itself has become broken at some point. First noticed by @SLjimbolian in his review of the game and I can confirm it after replaying the game to try to get the final medal I was short.

Entire game is broken, score never advances nor is displayed anymore (it should display upper-left during play), and the ship never speeds up the cookies it throws or throws any of the special kinds anymore.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-04-02 02:25:43

About Revenge of the Cookie Ninja ...

Eh, the game is effectively broken, but I'm not sure the medals are, since you still can earn score, which can be verified by choosing to "Submit Score" after losing, then checking the recent scores. So it may be you can still earn the medals, just they've changed from skill-based medals to mostly excruciatingly time-consuming grind-based.

If the medals still work, you would have to just grind enough cookies, blind, all at once, then lose, then submit score to test. But keep in mind the score-based medals must be done in one play, whereas the scores the game keeps track of are daily-based and not per-play, so it'll be higher than what you did in one play (unless you only played it once in a day).

It's still a broken game and rightly should either be fixed or unpublished but now I'm not sure the medals are broken, since you can still obtain score, and the final medal, 10k points, might just require grinding 10k cookies at the phenomenally slow pace for hours (and hope the game isn't one that does the medals connection timeout).

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-04-04 21:04:13

This game doesn't appear to be awarding any medals. Is it awarding for anyone else? Is this a it needs to be set to HTTP issue? Looks like the last anyone unlocked medals in the game was in 2016.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-04-05 08:44:54

At 4/4/19 09:04 PM, NeonSpider wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/576557

This game doesn't appear to be awarding any medals. Is it awarding for anyone else? Is this a it needs to be set to HTTP issue? Looks like the last anyone unlocked medals in the game was in 2016.

It looks like the author is still around, so let's try:

@FrozenFire - could you check the medals in your Symphonic Tower Defense and make them work again?

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-04-05 09:35:05

At 4/5/19 08:44 AM, HerbieG wrote:
At 4/4/19 09:04 PM, NeonSpider wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/576557

It looks like the author is still around, so let's try:
@FrozenFire - could you check the medals in your Symphonic Tower Defense and make them work again?

The entire game was broken for a few years. The fla file is ancient, so the programmer just got rid of all broken NG related items (achievements, scoreboards, etc) and made the game functional again so I could re-publish.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-04-05 10:15:27

At 4/5/19 09:35 AM, FrozenFire wrote:

The entire game was broken for a few years. The fla file is ancient, so the programmer just got rid of all broken NG related items (achievements, scoreboards, etc) and made the game functional again so I could re-publish.

So there is no chance to make the medals obtainable?

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-05-11 04:52:23

At 5/10/19 10:26 PM, neurolich wrote: It started with seeing how easily achievable all the medals are. Ten hours later, and I feel like the ultimate dumbass.

Last time it was earned was in 2018, so I don't know what the trick was to get it unlocked on the site.

Sorry for the thread revival, but here's the game. If this was reported before, I apologize.

For how long (how much time) were you playing the game the day you completed all challenges? I'm asking because while you probably did not loose your internet connection the game could actually disconnect from Newgrounds API. I remember it has happened to me before while playing this particular game and since it is not re-sending medals all I could do was restarting the whole game. I'm afraid that it may be the case. Some tips: if the game has a save file it is good to refresh it just before completing - in this case - the last challenge to be sure that the game has a "fresh" connection to Newgrounds server. You may also click on one of the medals just before making last kills to make sure you didn't lose your connection.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-05-15 10:33:17

Probably because the list hasn't refreshed yet, but the medals have been removed yet it is still on the list of games with medals.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-05-18 21:31:17

It's impossible to complete the game as there's no way to get the emerald from the X Puzzle. Pity as that's a cool 100 points for finishing the game.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-05-19 03:35:51

not sure if it was mentioned but this one is broken as hell

In the game Freak o'Lantern the medal "Legendary Terror" doesn't unlock. Multiple people in the comments section write about this issue and I have experienced it as well.

<3

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-06-18 22:48:45

Broken game (spam) with a broken medal. Not really much else to report.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2019-06-20 03:25:26

No one unlocked medals after the 10th of August 2018 and like written in the comments section the medals do not work since then.

<3