00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zeketendo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,075,944 Views | 77,369 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2022-10-01 14:13:29

Response to Metal Hell 2022-10-08 13:56:16

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2022-10-30 02:41:59

Napalm Death was in perfect form when I saw them earlier tonight in The Bowery Ballroom. Mitch's sprained wrist did not slow him down at all on the guitar. They played all of my favorite songs.

The Mexican spirit was also VERY high in the room tonight because of Brujeria. Believe it or not, many Mexicans there just wanted to see Brujeria alone, the final opening act before Napalm Death.

Early into the first opener's set, MDC, a drunk as fuck fan got a concussion and was removed to receive medical attention. He was held by me before he got the concussion on the other side of the pit. I should have just sat him down then but it's whatever.

Frozen Soul was the second opener. They made the crowd do a push-up challenge that I in hindsight wish I would have taken.

Again, all of you missed a lot.iu_787279_675845.webp

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2022-11-06 09:48:23

Just discovered Scowl recently. Daaaaaaamn they're heavy af, can't wait to see them again!!

Krash17's mental health secrets:

Drink more water, sleep well, and if you want friends, be a friend.

Response to Metal Hell 2022-11-20 05:51:42

Still a big of this one, must have heard it two dozen of times since its release.

Yeah, I still love everything dark metal mixed with gothic tendencies and similar stuff.

This why you also get my new Adder's Fork single here, hope some of you guys are still into this:

Response to Metal Hell 2022-11-28 21:39:50 (edited 2022-11-28 21:40:12)

So, a couple weeks ago, I saw Gwar in Toronto for the 8th time in what was actually my first club show post-COVID. I took my usual spot front and centre and had an amazing (if messy) time as always. Can't wait to inevitably see them again.

iu_822759_281559.webp

And of course, the "after" picture...

iu_822760_281559.webp

Going back to Toronto on Friday for an absolute beast of a lineup. Amon Amarth (7th time), Obituary (2nd time), Carcass (2nd time) and Cattle Decapitation. Holy shit.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2022-11-28 21:45:16

And here's some fun stuff for shits and giggles

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2022-11-29 11:55:08

At 11/5/22 04:22 PM, Rim-Of-The-Stars wrote:
At 10/30/22 02:41 AM, GoryBlizzard wrote: Napalm Death was in perfect form when I saw them earlier tonight in The Bowery Ballroom. Mitch's sprained wrist did not slow him down at all on the guitar. They played all of my favorite songs.

The Mexican spirit was also VERY high in the room tonight because of Brujeria. Believe it or not, many Mexicans there just wanted to see Brujeria alone, the final opening act before Napalm Death.

Early into the first opener's set, MDC, a drunk as fuck fan got a concussion and was removed to receive medical attention. He was held by me before he got the concussion on the other side of the pit. I should have just sat him down then but it's whatever.

Frozen Soul was the second opener. They made the crowd do a push-up challenge that I in hindsight wish I would have taken.

Again, all of you missed a lot.
wow!!!
they all have good songs from what i've listened from them :0
it must have been a really cool experience :3

woow you like napalm death, carcass, dead infection?²??2?? that's cool, hails from brazil

Response to Metal Hell 2022-11-29 12:49:00

At 11/29/22 12:23 PM, Rim-Of-The-Stars wrote:
At 11/29/22 11:55 AM, TheMiamiDeSantos wrote:
At 11/5/22 04:22 PM, Rim-Of-The-Stars wrote:
At 10/30/22 02:41 AM, GoryBlizzard wrote: Napalm Death was in perfect form when I saw them earlier tonight in The Bowery Ballroom. Mitch's sprained wrist did not slow him down at all on the guitar. They played all of my favorite songs.

Again, all of you missed a lot.
wow!!!
they all have good songs from what i've listened from them :0
it must have been a really cool experience :3
woow you like napalm death, carcass, dead infection?²??2?? that's cool, hails from brazil
woow you like them and hail me for that? i also hail you now. hails from spain! metal music has been cool for me lol, tho i dont listen to it a lot. just from time to time :3

yo that's cool, i listen to metal almost everyday, carcass, napalm death, candlemass, ghost, paraplegic, old funeral, destructon, black sabbath, iron maiden, slaughter, etc, etc

Response to Metal Hell 2022-11-30 11:46:41

yeah

Flash portable is trash in first time, later it gets better

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2022-11-30 12:56:04

https://youtu.be/cpJ0jBTdP70

this is pretty metalic, like all the kids say these days

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2022-12-13 08:55:10

Just over a week ago, I was back in Toronto for an Amon Amarth show. Opening were Cattle Decapitation, Obituary and Carcass. Traffic was horrendous getting into town, so I unfortunately missed all of Cattle Decapitation's set except for their last song. On the whole though, it was a great show as always.

Don't have anything on tap until March when Eluveitie comes back to town finally. Can't wait for that one.

iu_835946_281559.jpg

iu_835947_281559.webp

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2022-12-15 05:00:50

Well, Mr. Potato, you surely seem to be attending a lot of shows :-) looks like it was a lot of fun too.

Last concert I saw was a local punk rock band at the start of the year...guess I need to step up my game a little again ^^

Response to Metal Hell 2022-12-15 05:02:38

A current favourite song of mine. Not entirely metal but reminds me a lot of a female version of 90s Danzig somehow. Love it!

Response to Metal Hell 2022-12-15 12:52:30

At 12/15/22 05:00 AM, Goatchrist wrote: Well, Mr. Potato, you surely seem to be attending a lot of shows :-) looks like it was a lot of fun too.

Last concert I saw was a local punk rock band at the start of the year...guess I need to step up my game a little again ^^

Before COVID and having a kid, I would go to roughly 10-15 shows a year. Things have slowed now, but I still try to get out to a show every couple of months depending on who is coming.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2022-12-16 02:32:14

At 12/15/22 12:52 PM, mightypotato wrote: Before COVID and having a kid, I would go to roughly 10-15 shows a year. Things have slowed now, but I still try to get out to a show every couple of months depending on who is coming.

Well that makes sense. The only thing I'm still bummed about is that my girlfriend bought us tickets for Unleash the Archers right before they had to cancel their European tour AGAIN because of that damn virus. They'll be back soon I hope...

Had the chance to see Nile, but backed out. Highly interesting as an experience on technical exercises, but a whole set would probably bore me to tears...

Response to Metal Hell 2022-12-19 10:48:57

At 12/15/22 05:00 AM, Goatchrist wrote: Well, Mr. Potato, you surely seem to be attending a lot of shows :-) looks like it was a lot of fun too.

Last show I saw was Gojira and Deftones in Jersey last May. Guess I didn't post here after. I think I must have started to and left without finishing. Gojira killed it as always, but Deftones... Chino wasn't sounding great. Maybe his voice isn't quite the same these days. Had those tickets for 2 years since they kept cancelling because of COVID.

Someone who was clearly tripping balls stumbled in front of me during the opener at a separate stage and leaned against a total stranger's back like they were a wall and I could tell he was about to fall back and land right on me. I couldn't find room to move out of the way in time and he knocked me over and I landed in a puddle. Dude was flat on his back and his eyes were rolling around. 2 girls helped me up and he ran away like he was being chased lol. They were like "what the fuck?!" and I was like ah the guy's already having a bad trip.

Also, I saw a small chick carried away on a stretcher.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2022-12-22 04:16:17

Saw brujeria live a couple weeks ago, made me change my mind about the pocho atzlan album,also a great live performance!

https://youtu.be/ZZVM5tqBy7M

"If i run away go find me, where there is flowers left and no cops around."

Response to Metal Hell 2022-12-22 10:11:53 (edited 2022-12-22 10:12:15)

So, I just found out that Vader and Krisiun are coming to Toronto on April 3. This excites me as I've never seen Vader and have been dying to do so. Also, Enslaved and Insomnium are also coming to Toronto on April 8. At least my wife is supportive of me going to both shows. But I'm definitely going to be a hurting unit on the 9th. I'm getting too old for this shit.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2022-12-22 10:13:19

And here's some Insomnium because Insomnium owns.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2022-12-22 14:49:52

Hrizg, Black Metal from Spain

https://youtu.be/rLP56qJXpIw

Response to Metal Hell 2023-01-22 16:21:39

Feel a bit dumb for not getting into this band sooner.

Response to Metal Hell 2023-02-06 03:01:27 (edited 2023-02-06 03:02:27)

Ljå - Til Avsky for Livet

Never been into scandinavian Black Metal bands besides finnish bands and the classic ones, just started listening to this one regularly

Response to Metal Hell 2023-02-07 20:38:57 (edited 2023-02-07 20:42:02)

I'm really digging the Myspace Deathcore sound revival, especially from bands from Florida. My current favorite is Tactosa:

I'm also hooked on this song:

Response to Metal Hell 2023-02-18 01:55:28

Anyone looking forward to the new Acid King album coming out soon?

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2023-02-20 21:40:42

Haiduk - Sea of Fire

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2023-02-28 09:38:04

So the new Hellripper album fucking owns.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2023-02-28 19:54:36

Am going to see Helloween live soon. Do you guys like Helloween? Hehe.

Response to Metal Hell 2023-03-01 01:18:52

At 2/28/23 07:54 PM, MinaSagas wrote: Am going to see Helloween live soon. Do you guys like Helloween? Hehe.

I've seen them live with their current lineup. You're in for a treat! I'll be seeing them again this August.

Response to Metal Hell 2023-03-01 14:47:33

Sup folks.

Pretty pumped for this. Can't believe I've been listening to this band for 20+ years.

iu_910078_323911.webp