00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Waimor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,067,739 Views | 77,366 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:09:41

Nile
Cannibal Corpse
Slayer
Pig Destroyer
Sick of it All (metal - ish :P)
The Berzerker
Anal Cunt
Rammstein (you've gotta love Rammstein, at least once in a while)
Dimmu Borgir
In Flames
The occasional Cradle of Filth tune
Carcass
Bolt Thrower
The occasional SOAD song fromthe first album (a good album, I must say)
Yeah, you know, that kinda thing.

But Headbanger, for melodic Death Metal (other than the random noise I usually listen to) listen out for a band called Heaven's Gate. They're pretty underground, but very atmospheric and clever.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:11:31

At 4/17/04 09:09 PM, Earfetish wrote: Cannibal Corpse
Slayer
In Flames

w00t! loved your choice in bands, but these were my favourite out of them all.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:13:31

At 4/17/04 09:03 PM, Mr-Silv3r wrote: *listens to Spineshank - Height Of Callousness* Hey, so i like nu-metal, shaddup.

i will never mock you for liking spineshank. those guys are one of the few nu-metal bands i still listen to. that is a kick ass cd to. their best one.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:15:14

At 4/17/04 09:09 PM, Earfetish wrote: Nile

i saw nile live with danzig, opeth, and super joint ritual. they're allright on cd's but live, they sucked ass. that's cool if you're into them though, they were just kind of ruined for me after that show.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:16:06

At 4/17/04 09:09 PM, Earfetish wrote: Nile
Cannibal Corpse
Slayer
Pig Destroyer
Sick of it All (metal - ish :P)
The Berzerker
Anal Cunt
Dimmu Borgir
In Flames
Carcass
Bolt Thrower
The occasional SOAD song fromthe first album (a good album, I must say)
Yeah, you know, that kinda thing.

Aw! Your tast is damn great, just lovely. Good to have you in the club.

But Headbanger, for melodic Death Metal (other than the random noise I usually listen to) listen out for a band called Heaven's Gate. They're pretty underground, but very atmospheric and clever.

Heaven's Gate? Good name, will look into it.

By the way, this is my new desktop background, I think it looks pretty good, made the half of it with paint :D

Metal Hell

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:16:50

At 4/17/04 09:08 PM, thegreatmorph wrote:
At 4/17/04 09:02 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote: Sepultura - Roots Bloody Roots
i saw the video of that for the first time yesterday. Cool song, nice video.

both you guys need to download the opera version. i mentioned it before and none of you did. its with paverati i think and it just kicks ass. give it a download.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:20:16

At 4/17/04 09:11 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: w00t! loved your choice in bands, but these were my favourite out of them all.

A good choice, my music connoiseur.

At 4/17/04 09:16 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote: Aw! Your tast is damn great, just lovely. Good to have you in the club.

Thanks a lot! :)

Heaven's Gate? Good name, will look into it

I remember them being very good, although I've not heard 'em for a while myself.

By the way, this is my new desktop background, I think it looks pretty good, made the half of it with paint :D

Very nice.

You still into Clawfinger? I wouldn't call myself a fan, but "Do what I say" and "Burn in Hell" were brilliant live. You did used to be 'ClawFinger', right?

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:27:25

At 4/17/04 09:20 PM, Earfetish wrote: I remember them being very good, although I've not heard 'em for a while myself.

I'm looking for it
half of it with paint :D

Very nice.

You still into Clawfinger? I wouldn't call myself a fan, but "Do what I say" and "Burn in Hell" were brilliant live. You did used to be 'ClawFinger', right?

Yeah, I was ClawFingeR for about a month or something, a longer time ago though...well, Clawfinger ain't bad..but my taste has changed a lot :) It's still not bad though, good lyrics

And CATS, I'm looking for the Orchestra version right now

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:28:37

At 4/17/04 09:20 PM, Earfetish wrote:
At 4/17/04 09:11 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: w00t! loved your choice in bands, but these were my favourite out of them all.
A good choice, my music connoiseur.

could you repeat that?

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:31:18

At 4/17/04 09:28 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: could you repeat that?

Some nice songs, person who is good at tunes.

Another great melodic death metal band is one called 'Death'. Anything from their 'Symbolic' album is worth a try.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:32:53

At 4/17/04 09:31 PM, Earfetish wrote:
At 4/17/04 09:28 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: could you repeat that?
Some nice songs, person who is good at tunes.

ah thank you very much :) i never have been very good with languages.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:34:09

At 4/17/04 09:31 PM, Earfetish wrote: Another great melodic death metal band is one called 'Death'. Anything from their 'Symbolic' album is worth a try.

Yeah, I've heard of Death, must check that out also, just tryout out a little Cannibal Corpse :) Well, no, I don't really like them :)

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:39:14

CATS! You were right, the Roots Bloody Roots version with Pavarotti is GENIUS! A lovely piece, just a masterpiece :)

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:43:43

At 4/17/04 09:13 PM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote: i will never mock you for liking spineshank. those guys are one of the few nu-metal bands i still listen to. that is a kick ass cd to. their best one.

Yeah, its a shame Johnny (the singer) left them recently, means i'll never get to see the ones i like so much live properly. And yes, it is their best CD, i dont mind Strickly Diesel too much either.

I've been meaning to get some Pantera and Sepultura for a while now, can anyone recommend me some albums?

*listens to Shadowsfall - Somber Eyes To The Sky*

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:45:06

At 4/17/04 09:39 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote: CATS! You were right, the Roots Bloody Roots version with Pavarotti is GENIUS! A lovely piece, just a masterpiece :)

i told you

At 4/17/04 09:31 PM, Earfetish wrote:

:Another great melodic death metal band is one called 'Death'. Anything from their 'Symbolic' album is worth a try.

didn't their lead singer die recently? like within the last year?
i like them though. they is good stuff.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:48:54

At 4/17/04 09:45 PM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote: didn't their lead singer die recently? like within the last year?
i like them though. they is good stuff.

I think it was more than a year ago, but yes, he did. Poor Chuck.

Got a brain tumour or something, but he carried on doing concerts in his decrepid state until he fell. That is heavy metal.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 21:49:22

At 4/17/04 09:43 PM, Mr-Silv3r wrote: I've been meaning to get some Pantera and Sepultura for a while now, can anyone recommend me some albums?

You should try Sepultura's "Roots" "Arise" or "Chaos A.D"

Damn, I'd really like to have Sepultura's "Nation", I know not even one song from this Album...

"Listens to Sepultura - Cut Throat"

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 22:17:33

I personally like all of Slipknot's music...except for maybe their new songs. They just sound like a little heavier version of stone sour now. I still like it but it's not really slipknot anymore. It's pissing me off that all of these bands are totally changing with their last album...metallica, mudvayne, slipknot, static-x...who's next...killswitch didn't sound too different with that song I heard on roadrunnerrecords.com...

As for their acting I'm not sure I understand what you mean...last I checked Slipknot was a metal band...but maybe they were characters in Titanic or something... "I'll never let go jack!" "Get the fuck off this door! We need to keep our instruments dry, bitch! Drown with the fucker you lazy selfish bitch!" I can see it now...

um...sorry...I have a wierd sense of humor...except that wasn't really funny...in fact it was very not funny..but I said it anyway..SHOVE OFF!

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 22:20:19

At 4/17/04 10:17 PM, Torture_Lock wrote: I personally like all of Slipknot's music...except for maybe their new songs. They just sound like a little heavier version of stone sour now. I still like it but it's not really slipknot anymore. It's pissing me off that all of these bands are totally changing with their last album...metallica, mudvayne, slipknot, static-x...who's next...killswitch didn't sound too different with that song I heard on roadrunnerrecords.com...

Yeah, St- Anger sucked, just an example....

As for their acting I'm not sure I understand what you mean...last I checked Slipknot was a metal band...but maybe they were characters in Titanic or something... "I'll never let go jack!" "Get the fuck off this door! We need to keep our instruments dry, bitch! Drown with the fucker you lazy selfish bitch!" I can see it now...

Erm, yeah, I know what you mean...

um...sorry...I have a wierd sense of humor...except that wasn't really funny...in fact it was very not funny..but I said it anyway..SHOVE OFF!

Well, everyone can be weird sometimes :)

I'm currently listening to "Sepultura - Dead Embryonice Cells". Sepultura is my 4th favourite band now :D

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 22:47:19

Good night guys, keep on banging your head :D See ya all tomorrow

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 23:03:51

At 4/17/04 09:20 PM, Earfetish wrote:

Wasn't Burn in Hell by Twisted Sister originally?

Talking of covers, is it me or has every death or black metal band done a Maiden cover?

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-18 03:42:56

i'm kind of dissapointed in myself. i haven't listened to metal all day. i just haven't felt in the mood. its been an indie rock kind of day. it was all overcast and cold here and i was trying to write a paper (which i got no where on by the way). oh well. i think i'll listen to some now, you know, get my fix before i crash for the night.

*plays first in flames song that pops up on ipod - the jester race*

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-18 03:45:05

At 4/18/04 03:42 AM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote: *plays first in flames song that pops up on ipod - the jester race*

i just decided i would rather listen to dream theater. all of you fools need to hear them right now.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-18 04:34:25

I know im a bit late on the Machinehead topic, but I just wanted to say I really like them too, I saw them live in Portsmouth a few months ago and they were an amazing live band. Machine-Fucking-Head!

Yeah Johhny leaving spineshank was a bit of a bitch, but I got to see them live before he left so its no so bad.

As far as Death goes, Ive never heard of them myself, but I might go and check them out now.

-- Listens to Arch Enemy - The Immortal --

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-18 04:53:46

Sick of it all are good, occasionally. It's always a pleasure to listen to a band that are a nice mix between punk and metal, without them being LostProphets or something.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-18 06:12:23

At 4/18/04 04:34 AM, Falkowski wrote: I know im a bit late on the Machinehead topic, but I just wanted to say I really like them too, I saw them live in Portsmouth a few months ago and they were an amazing live band. Machine-Fucking-Head!

Yeah, they are pretty good :) I know some more songs now, but Imperium is still my favourite

Yeah Johhny leaving spineshank was a bit of a bitch, but I got to see them live before he left so its no so bad.

As far as Death goes, Ive never heard of them myself, but I might go and check them out now.

Same here, must check them out.

CATS, Dream Theather, I've heard so much about them, but not even one song....

By the way, anyone knows Sepultura's great song "Dead Embryonic Cells" ? Lovely masterpiece, you can find it on "Arise"

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-18 07:10:11

Blind Guardian
Kamelot
Rhapsody
Sonata Arctica
Iced Earth
Edguy

im currently in the process of finding more bands and listening and then buying CDs so excuse the poor list
but yeah, i also like some stuff by Soilwork and Metallica
im pretty keen to join this club so can i?

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-18 07:27:44

At 4/18/04 07:10 AM, TsarMatt wrote: Blind Guardian
Kamelot
Rhapsody
Sonata Arctica
Iced Earth
Edguy

im currently in the process of finding more bands and listening and then buying CDs so excuse the poor list
but yeah, i also like some stuff by Soilwork and Metallica
im pretty keen to join this club so can i?

Your list is pretty good in my opinion.

Sure you can join :)

Anyone from Germany here? Because the Bang Your Head! Festival will take place there in June(I think), if I can go, I might visit it..

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-18 07:30:39

Can I join!?

Here is mah list:

Sepultura
Slipknot
Korn
Fear Factory
Killswitch Engage
Mudvayne
Stone Sour
Static X
Cannibal Corpse

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-18 07:32:03

At 4/18/04 07:30 AM, Sepultus wrote: Can I join!?

Sure! Welcome

Here is mah list:

Sepultura
Slipknot
Korn
Fear Factory
Killswitch Engage
Mudvayne
Stone Sour
Static X
Cannibal Corpse

I see some good things inside, for the rest....you shall be convinced ;D