00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,067,438 Views | 77,366 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 07:35:17

Iced Earth is damngood-core.Damngood-Core, the new genre for the generation Y children. Y shell out for a whole album when you can just download all your favourite genres?

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 08:08:06

Sounds pretty good, will check Iced Earth out now :) Hopefully that won't be a mistake.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 08:58:33

I am just listening to In Flames now, I was wondering what you guys think their best album is?

I myself might have to go for Clayman. I think it has exactly the right balance between melody and heavyness.

Also, lets try and keep this Topic on the front page of the clubs, that is if we still want to get members.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 10:18:35

Wow, this club aint doing too bad...wonder if I should join. I'll sleep on it! :P

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 10:22:04

Well, not that i've been much noticed, but anyway.

Nice to see Cats has learnt how to spell Zyklon, and learned that theres two different ones, both from Emperor (Zyklon and Zyklon B).

Hooray.

Ive stated my favorite bands so damn much lately, well in the past month, i can't be bothered finding an old post to copy and paste, so you can wait. I guess.

Has anyone else here seen Blood Duster? I've only seen / heard them live, and it was one hell of a show, if you ever get the opportunity i suggest you check it out. Speaking of anyone heard, what do you people think of Burzum? Or less crazy in real life, but crazier more extreme metal folk, The Berzerker (way to be from melbourne!)?

Also, freaker... uh, i mean Headbanger, with you being in Austria (hey, i had a guy live at my house for a while who was austrian, and my best friends mum is going out with one) and in a decent regional area, remembering im in australia ok mate, of germany, i thought you'd have a bit more of an interest in the Industrial scene.

Has anyone heard the new soulfly or chimaira albums? I'm in need of an opinion, and yeah. Also, have to forge me an ID so i can get tickets / into the Killswitch Engage and some other band touring Australia soon.

*insert further ramblings*

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 10:26:30

At 4/17/04 10:22 AM, SoulShadower wrote: I just need ideas.

Well, my idea involves Nine Inch Nails - Hurt.

So i have a feeling that wouldnt go down too well.

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 10:27:23

At 4/17/04 10:22 AM, SoulShadower wrote: I'd like to get some ideas for Flash animations, so I want some requests from you guys. Gimme a good song to make a music video to. Tell me what to put in it, what song, and I'll give you credit. I have a B+ batting average, and I'm getting better. I just need ideas.

Finally a good idea :)

What about.....

Soilwork - Song Of The Damned?

or

In Flames - Evil in a Closet

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 10:53:30

At 4/17/04 10:22 AM, Mr-Silv3r wrote:

::

Has anyone heard the new soulfly or chimaira albums? I'm in need of an opinion, and yeah.
*insert further ramblings*

The new Soulfly album I have already talked about a bit, just look back over the last few pages, As for Chimaira, do you mean the impossibility of reason, as that is the latest one but has been out for agesbut has just been re-released as a digi-pack version with bonus tracks. I have the non-digipack version and i really like it, its 100% better than their first album and has some really aggresive tracks like "power trip" and "pure hatred"

Also as far as music videos go, Evil in a closet is a good song, but i think something with a faster pace might be better, Such as Pinball map from the Clayman album or Behind space 99 from the Colony Album. Two of In Flames greatest songs in my opinion, and if any of you other In Flames fans haven heard Pinball Map, I strongly suggest you check it out.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 11:09:39

I'll join....now what?

Oh BTW Norwegian Metal rocks!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 11:15:20

What are your favourite bands Ulven?

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 12:19:44

At 4/17/04 11:02 AM, RageOfOrder wrote: hmm.. Static X - Going too fast
In Flames - Cloud Connected ( I get people who hate all kinds of rock tell me that this song is awesome )
Stutterfly - Gun in Hand
Course of Nature - Wall of Shame
Violent work of art - Different Problem Same Solution

Yeah, Cloud Connected is a nice song too, but I would as well try out "Episode 666" , I think it's on "Whoreacle"

Just a few songs I can think of off the top of my head...
*listens to Soilwork - Song of the Damned*

SONG OF THE DAMNED! One of my absolute faves at the moment. Lovely.

Ulven, sure you can join, I asked you for it :)

EVERYONE WHO ASKED FOR JOINING IS IN! WELCOME

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 12:26:27

At 4/17/04 12:23 PM, SoulShadower wrote: Who's got some good finger excersizes for guitar? I'm kinda outta ideas on how to get faster..

I'm just a beginner myself, I'm sure I'm worse than you :)

There's one user who played In Flames' "Man Made God" on his guitar, I think that was on the first page, ask him :)

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 12:30:59

At 4/17/04 12:19 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote:

Yeah, Cloud Connected is a nice song too, but I would as well try out "Episode 666" , I think it's on "Whoreacle"

You are right, it is track number9 on Whoracle, and its also the last song on their live album, and once again if you want great in flames songs, try some off clayman, especially pinball map!

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 12:36:30

At 4/17/04 12:30 PM, Falkowski wrote: You are right, it is track number9 on Whoracle, and its also the last song on their live album, and once again if you want great in flames songs, try some off clayman, especially pinball map!

Yeah, I'm trying to find that song right now :)

Others I can recommend are "Eye Of The Beholder", "Ordinary Story", "The Quiet Place" and "Embody The Invisible"

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 12:43:29

At 4/17/04 12:38 PM, SoulShadower wrote: Hey guys, can someone help me? I can only save images from internet explorer as .bmp files. How do I change it back?

Normally, you just have to set a ".jpg" or ".gif" at the ending of the filename yourself.

Example:

The pic is called "mofo"

you call it "mofo.jpg"

it should be a jpg now

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 12:49:37

What album is eye of the beholder from? I dont think ive heard that one, If anyone has MSN Messenger and wants to here pinball map I could always send it via that if you want.

Also any of you guys like Arch Enemy?

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 13:06:57

At 4/17/04 12:49 PM, Falkowski wrote: What album is eye of the beholder from? I dont think ive heard that one, If anyone has MSN Messenger and wants to here pinball map I could always send it via that if you want.

I think it's just on an EP, because it's a Metallica Cover song :)

I heard Pinball Map now, good song, I like it :)

Also any of you guys like Arch Enemy?

Have heard of them, but that's all i know right now

SoulShadower, sorry, I can't help you then :(

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 14:21:52

Thanks for telling me that.
You should listen to some arch enemy, they have had 2 different singers one male, the newer one female. They have no melody in the vocals with eitherbut do have melodic guitars and some of the best guitar work I have ever heard. The vocals are very different from each singer and the band's music is markedly different between them, though they are both good singers, the female singer, angela gossow, has a more black metal style. Their respective best albums are-Burning bridges with Johan and Anthems of rebellion with Angela. So check them out!

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 14:36:14

I will join you.. Of course I will. Can I be a leader for any "Black Metal" Section in this club (haven't read the last 7 pages, don't know if it excists). I really don't like regular and heavy metal, but black and dead rox!
I have many a band to talk about, and for starters, I will list the top three norwegian black metal bands (for anyone that didn't know them): Dimmu Borgir, Darkthrone and Gorgoroth.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 15:00:40

At 4/17/04 02:36 PM, Sturmpanzerwagen wrote: I will join you.. Of course I will. Can I be a leader for any "Black Metal" Section in this club (haven't read the last 7 pages, don't know if it excists). I really don't like regular and heavy metal, but black and dead rox!

Welcome Lars. Feel free with being the god of black and deathmetal! :)

I have many a band to talk about, and for starters, I will list the top three norwegian black metal bands (for anyone that didn't know them): Dimmu Borgir, Darkthrone and Gorgoroth.

Yeah, heard Dimmu Borgir already, nice sound, but I just hate the vocalist....

Didn't find much from Gorgoroth and I have to check out Darkthrone first

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 15:03:35

damn. i went to sleep last night with this club at something like 5 pages. this shit's growin fast.
soulshadower, you mentioned something about finger exercises for guitar, i assume you are looking to play faster. the best advice i ever read was from an interview with les claypool of primus. the interviewer asked him how he played so fast and he answered "with years and years of masturbation". that's you solution right there. that or just practice a bunch of scales over and over.
for those of you who have not heard the song leper affinity by opeth, you need to listen to that song right now. its either off of orchid or blackwater park. i'm to lazy to check right now, but that song kicks ass.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 15:27:42

wow you lot have been going on really well without me well anyway i'm listening to my brothers band again. I think that i should listen to some other bands you know.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 15:31:08

At 4/17/04 03:27 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: wow you lot have been going on really well without me well anyway i'm listening to my brothers band again. I think that i should listen to some other bands you know.

I could recommend Iced Earth - I died for you, a little calm, but nice

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 15:37:27

At 4/17/04 03:31 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote:
At 4/17/04 03:27 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: wow you lot have been going on really well without me well anyway i'm listening to my brothers band again. I think that i should listen to some other bands you know.
I could recommend Iced Earth - I died for you, a little calm, but nice

thanks headbanger i'll go check them out in a bit. But right now i need to catch up on my b/p. Off to the portal i go.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 15:53:11

See you guys in a few hours, think of some stuff you could recommend me in the meantime ;)

and I have a topic for you to discuss.

What do you think of SLIPKNOT?

I know the answer from most of the members already, but tell us what you think.

I personally dislike, they only have one or at max 2 good songs in their whole collection and their acting is just stupid.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 16:00:34

At 4/17/04 03:53 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote: What do you think of SLIPKNOT?

i love them. I don't know why though...

I personally dislike, they only have one or at max 2 good songs in their whole collection and their acting is just stupid.

which are the songs are the ones that are the good ones in your opinion? In mine they only have one or two crap songs. And yes they do act kinda stupid.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 16:04:31

Ok...This is my first post here. I'm a friend of Falko's, he's been going on to me about this darned BBS for ages, looks like it's time to take the plunge.

Right...music.

I would say I'm a softcore music lover. I don't have the full up-to-date run of muical knowledge at my disposal, and I don't know much band trivia etc. I can't even tell what band songs are by half the time. I do, however, know what I like. In metal terms, this is pretty much everything, except the rappy kind of Nu Metal and pure Rap Metal (you can guess my attitude to rap...). My favourite subgenres are probably Black, Death, Thrash and 'Classic', for want of a better term (stuff like old Metallica and Iron Maiden). I also like Industrial, some of the heavier/darker techno (ie E Nomine), and Rock, mostly classic stuff like Pink Floyd and the Stones, plus more modern stuff, especially 'goth rock' like Jack Off Jill and Danzig. I'm also just getting in to the wonderful world of Emo.

Fave metal bands:
System of a Down
Cradle of Filth
Iron maiden
Dimmu Borgir
In Flames
Rammstein
Rob Zombie
Arch Enemy
Therion
Venom

...etc.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 16:15:17

At 4/17/04 04:00 PM, thegreatmorph wrote:
At 4/17/04 03:53 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote: What do you think of SLIPKNOT?
i love them. I don't know why though...

which are the songs are the ones that are the good ones in your opinion? In mine they only have one or two crap songs. And yes they do act kinda stupid.

Ive gotta agree with the great morph, I used to love slipknot, but Have gone off them a little now, though i still like them. Their music is a bit brainless, and acting is stupid I think, however though theyre not of the Same quality as bands like for instance, In Flames in my opinion, but I still enjoy listening to them on occasion.

Also, Hello Khar, bout time you joined.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 16:15:48

At 4/17/04 04:04 PM, KharBevNor wrote: Ok...This is my first post here. I'm a friend of Falko's, he's been going on to me about this darned BBS for ages, looks like it's time to take the plunge.

Welocome :)

Right...music.

I would say I'm a softcore music lover. I don't have the full up-to-date run of muical knowledge at my disposal, and I don't know much band trivia etc. I can't even tell what band songs are by half the time. I do, however, know what I like. In metal terms, this is pretty much everything, except the rappy kind of Nu Metal and pure Rap Metal (you can guess my attitude to rap...). My favourite subgenres are probably Black, Death, Thrash and 'Classic', for want of a better term (stuff like old Metallica and Iron Maiden). I also like Industrial, some of the heavier/darker techno (ie E Nomine), and Rock, mostly classic stuff like Pink Floyd and the Stones, plus more modern stuff, especially 'goth rock' like Jack Off Jill and Danzig. I'm also just getting in to the wonderful world of Emo.

Fave metal bands:
System of a Down
Cradle of Filth
Iron maiden
Dimmu Borgir
In Flames
Rammstein
Rob Zombie
Arch Enemy
Therion
Venom

...etc.

This is a pretty good list! I'm not into soft rock/emo/rap/techno/pop. Well, a few days ago, I still listend to Nu Metal, but since I found out about stuff like In Flames, Nightwish, Soilwork, Iced Earth........I LOVE METAL :)

Welcome to the club my friend, have fun and enjoy your stay.

To thegreatmorph:

The only Slipknot songs I like are "Wait and Bleed" and "Left Behind"

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 16:27:45

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not exactly into pop myself...(sorry, just wanted to dispel that image before it was created, if you get what I mean.) I mean, I do listen to softer stuff (Well kinda, E Nomine may be techno, but the lyrics are almost black metal, very wierd stuff), but I can't stand that manufactured crap. Bands who try and sell themselves with an image rather than decent music are generally a bad idea IMO. (Though not saying having an image is a bad idea...you just need the talent to back it up)