00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

5hade just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info

38,976 Views | 72 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Welcome to the Voice Acting forum! This is a place to share your work, discuss equipment and the industry, pitch projects or just talk about anything VA.

This forum operates under the same rules as the other NG forums but as a creator forum, the expectations are that you are supportive and constructive with feedback. Negative attitudes are unwanted and if your posts are hurtful / not helpful they may be removed and you could even find yourself banned.

If you would like to share your voice demo, please do so in the Open Mic Thread. Personal showcase threads are also ok!

If you would like to pitch a project, you may make a new thread but please take the Project Pitch Template under advisement.

In addition to using this forum, please try the Collabinator for your project and collaboration needs!

Need help uploading an audio, movie or game submission to NG? Learn about our project system! It's free and you can earn ad revenue if you enable rev-share on your account.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2014-12-18 14:59:06

Welcome to the voice acting forums :U

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2014-12-19 04:18:00

Neat. Glad we have this now :0

@metraff @NG_Artists Support Newgrounds Classifieds: commission animation

"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2014-12-21 18:34:46

just wanted to say how much I'm lovin the VA forum

so

I love it

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2015-04-11 15:06:45

Hey I'm Ben Rutz! This is my voice over demo! I'd love to help with anything that I can, so if you like my voice and would like some help on a project let me know!

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2015-04-30 18:31:49

here's mice :)

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2015-06-04 21:45:33

This forum needs a bit of adjustment or a recommended template for casting
Everyone just posts "voice actor needed", since theres a restricting limitation on topic length.

plus here its pretty much a given that you need a voice actor when you post, why not extend the topic length allowable here so someone could actually post, e.g "Pokemon zelda parody/comedy/drama/action/horror short/series/movie/game (whichever)" + xM/xF

So as to breifly outline what the project is about and type, being a one off short, long movie role, recurring series role, or game type role, and note how many actors and actresses are needed, without heavily condensing it, 35 characters is not enough, OR, allow subtitles in which to give format details, something line "action man, flash, comedy, 3M/4F, series, leaving the title to just be a description of the project, like "Tetris mystery fanimation".

Theres just no room to be really specific about what it actually is and since everybody is posting th same topic, people are thinking they have to do that to show that fact, plus not being able to see the subject matter makes you less inclined to view "voice actors needed" topics with heaps of replies.

Theres also the issue of people not actually providing any lines or such to audition with, which is why we need a template/sample, things would go so much more smoothly if they did things like they are done really just about everywhere else in every other voice acting forum.

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2015-07-13 16:47:42

Hey everyone! Im Austin Cook and im very passionate about wanting to begin with voice acting and im expecting a great welcome from all the awesome people here on NG iv been a newgrounder for quite some time and im very pleased to see all the great talent that i could both learn off of and work with :D

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2015-07-13 16:50:57

At 4/11/15 03:06 PM, ScatterPage wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/618760
Hey I'm Ben Rutz! This is my voice over demo! I'd love to help with anything that I can, so if you like my voice and would like some help on a project let me know!

hey man i would really appreciate some helpful tips on starting off with voice acting and any type of help on how to get started with this im willing to work very hard to get good at this so if you need to go into detail please feel free to :)

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2015-08-08 21:49:17

Hey guys! Just now joining Newgrounds. I've been doing voice acting for a little while. I'm just covering my bases and want to see what projects are here.

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2015-10-12 03:38:08

I am a new voice actor any advice on making a demo?.......im serious please help

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2015-10-14 08:06:16

Hello, I'm a blogger and librarian from Bulgaria, Europe. I prefer horror and I'd love to play an evil role. My voice acting history starts now, because I've never tried in English before only in Slavic languages for children.

Skype - nasneychev
Blog - www.nasneychev.com

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2016-01-04 18:11:49

Hey guys, honestly I only made an account because I've been trying to get into voice acting, but I'm familiar with plenty of animations from on here and browse regularly, I'd just never got round to making an account I guess!

Anyway, I'm hoping to get some feedback on this, any help at all would be appreciated :)

thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-moss-401366030/dan-moss-character-demo-first-attempt

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2016-01-18 19:03:47

A voice demo? Why I have a voice demo! In fact, HERE IT IS! Willing to do any and every voice you want, no matter the script size. Give me a listen, or message me at Frigid.Eternal@gmail.com for a demo or audition.

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2016-02-12 04:34:05

Just wanted to say hello!

I joined the site after browsing for a few days.

Someone online recommended that I give it a shot, because I keep getting comments on my narration/vocal skills.

Looking forward to seeing what develops and possibly working with some of you talented people!

http://zachariahgriffin.newgrounds.com/follow

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2016-03-22 09:42:42

Hello. I've been working on a series, just for 2 episodes. But I'm not going to stop!
But I would need a voice actor who could help me voice the character of Jack (The one with orange hair).
I can't unfortunately give any money for the one willing to help me. But of course I will credit the one, being with me on this project. This all means that you don't need any fancy stuff actually, just send me a demo reel and I'll hear it.
You could see it as a collab. :)
Kind regards, Hooba

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2016-04-05 21:34:24

WE HAD A VOICE ACTING FORUM AND NOT ONE PERSON TOLD ME????????????

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2016-04-28 11:19:41

i need voice actors for my animation but i haven¨t got any money

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2016-05-05 12:38:09

contact - aayushmurarkaa@gmail.com
Facebook- Ayush Murarka

I am making a short animated video for my college project. if the project its successful in my college then I will later continue the idea for my youtube channel. It is about 4 terrorist friends who are planning to attack a subway sandwich place and a bank but later finds out that it is a sperm bank. I have to submit the video by 10th June, 2016. So i need to get the voice acting done with a week i.e- by 13th May, 2016. I have the scripts ready and here is the link to some samples of my work for the ongoing project.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4sa5QKduPsaSk9hcXczdHVmWm8

CHARACTERISTICS OF THE TERRORISTS.

character1 - BORIS - He is an arrogant, self proud, angry person and at the same time he is stupid also. But then whenever he is around his friends, he is pissed. hi is a russian guy i.e related to his name so he can add a bit of russian accent (not mandatory)

character2- JAMAL - he is a black person. he has a good sense of humour and always tries to make fun of his friends. His best friend is character 1 ( i.e - BORIS)

character 3- saq mandique - He is an islamic person but he is afraid to die. he is faint hearted person with less courage to do anything involved risking his life.

character4 -takashi- he is most logical person in the group and he does not talk much . Being his name Takashi, he also has a strong Chinese accent. He believes that whatever he says has a logic behind it. basically he thinks he is always right.

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2016-05-16 09:46:42

How do I get Scouted?

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2016-06-11 18:32:57

At 5/16/16 09:46 AM, FussBox wrote: How do I get Scouted?

There's a FAQ for this, if that answers your question: http://ornery.newgrounds.com/news/post/388624

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2016-08-27 11:17:56

Hello!
I am new to VA. I have done some radio work in the past, but I'd really like to pursue a (probably very part time) career in VA. I hope it's ok to look around this forum and I apologise in advance if I ask any question that seems silly.
Katie X

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2016-12-08 00:35:07

Hey Everyone!!! I Posted a little commercial i made real fast, but its fun, and oddly enticing!!

Pee Pee Ess: Please dont kill yourself, we all love you <3

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2016-12-08 00:37:48

At 4/5/16 09:34 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: WE HAD A VOICE ACTING FORUM AND NOT ONE PERSON TOLD ME????????????

Shit dude were sorry :O....... Would you like a hug? nah? well...... WELCOME TO THE PARTY!!! were a bunch of audio loving folks that enjoy making people feel emotions with our voices!! good to have you here dude!

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2017-01-23 09:28:33

I think I will like the sound of this forum! I am wanting to get some experience in voice over recording!

I am new to this thing. I think my specialty is wacky voices.
Feedback is appreciated.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/735561

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2017-06-15 23:51:26

Hey, just joined a hour ago. I've been wanting to break into voice acting for a while now and I learned recently from some professional VAs last weekend that they've used newgrounds for work and experience. I've only just started playing around with my mic, but I've been acting in theatre and film for years and I take direction/criticism well so I'm hoping to help you guys as much as you help me. Hope we get to work together soon!

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2017-06-29 12:24:58

Can we add a pinned post with instructions and tips for people new to voice acting?

For Example:

Videos:
Complete Beginner's Guide to Voice Acting Online by CDawgVA – A straightforward, step-by-step guide for people with little-to-no voice acting experience.
How to be an Online Voice Actor by soulbrothanumbuh3 – A blunt, condescending instructional to professional recording and voice-over.

Recommended USB microphones for $40 - $80: Samson Go Mic, Behringer C1u, Samson Meteor, CAD U37, ATR2100, AT2005, Samson Q2u, and Samson C01U

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2017-10-13 14:02:14

Response to Voice Acting Forum Intro & Info 2018-06-06 21:14:07

Hey, everyone. I'm new to voice acting. So new that I just uploaded my first demo. I could really use some thoughts on it. Thanks. Mooney's first demo