00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Arthurtheartist just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters.

93,249 Views | 1,523 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-29 21:09:35

At 6/29/16 07:26 PM, Kayleeee wrote:
At 6/29/16 01:17 PM, Porkchop wrote: Kind of unrelated, but i'm rather proud of this. Huge scale production that sent loads of people home fat and happy.
That's awesome, man! I love having gatherings at my place where I get to cook. What other sort of things have you made for gatherings?

I've had crock pot taco parties, where I made beef, chicken, and deer meat in the crock pot and then had all the toppings like a buffet. Last year, I made Thanksgiving at my place. We had a turkey in a bucket. I've also thrown one potluck, which was pretty fun.

Loads of random shit. Usually I just use my friends as willing test subjects for whatever new recipe im trying out. I've done random dessert parties, thanksgiving potlucks, turkey dinners, loaded chili, stuffed burgers, super ramen, orange chicken and rice, uhh....

Yeah, that's about it. Whenever I cook something beyond a simple dinner (which is somewhat frequently) I usually grab whatever friends I can and go big.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-06-30 04:42:49

At 6/14/16 01:45 PM, Kayleeee wrote: Is "big ass zucchini boat" the official name for this, or does this recipe go by some other term?

Sometimes I think I grew zucchini and cucumbers, just to see the reaction I'd get, from giving them to women.

I slice zucchini thin (unless it's a uuuge one, then I so long ways, scoop out the seeds), egg dip (maybe a touch of corn starch or flour), bread crumb 'em, skillet fry in butter Then lay them in a pan of sketti sauce, with strips of mozzarella cheese, kinda like a one horse lasagna, and bake, simple but beefy side dish.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-02 22:52:53

Awyiss. Caramelbear back with a brand new rap.

Actually two. Both chicken, both nummy as fuuuuuck.

Alright, day one. Had my bruh and his wife over Friday night for some free food and complaining, made them a dope ass chicken dinner. This shit is so easy, @ragnkinson could hit it in a one nighter.

All you do with this first dish is take some onion soup mix and sprinkle it, dry, over top of the chicken. Then, you're gonna wanna add a little bit of water, approximately 1/3 to 1/2 cup, depending on your cut of chicken. It should be really thick right off the rip, due to the water to mix ratio. Toss those bitches in the oven at Treefiddy and leave them in there for about 45 minutes or so. I temp my meat, so usually i'm off a bit with my times. Yolo~! Serve that with some mashed potatoes, green beans, and salad to some poor honkies and listen to them vent about their lives.

love my bruh. :3

Okay, day 2. Mrs. Caramel came along and desperately needed some Chinese loving inside her. Unfortunately, we love our cats too much to subject them to such delectable atrocities, so we settled on some homebrew Bourbon chicken.

PROTIP: I maintain some good bourbon cause i'm a classy motherfucker, but this is actually the second time making it, the quality of bourbon does somewhat affect the final result. Just saying.

Okay, anyway. Bourbon chicken. This takes some motherfucking time, but it's so fucking worth it.

The yield of the marinade is good for about 4 thin cut breasts, I prefer thighs when i'm doing some marinade level shit though cause the fat content is somewhat higher and it holds that flavor so fucking hard.

1 teaspoon ground ginger
4 ounces soy sauce
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/8 cup bourbon
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

The only change I personally made was adding a bit more soy sauce (probably about another OZ, but I eyeballed it)
Basically mix all that shit in a bowl and set up your meat in a baking dish. Once your meat's set, go on and marinade that fucking meat. Now, this might be a little backwards for those familiar with their meat, BUT, good reason. Instead of marinading it in it's own dish or bag, you're gonna wanna marinade in the dish it will get cooked in. Cant cook this shit in a bag, yo.

Alright, so you're meats juicy now. Go on and toss that shit in the fridge for AT LEAST 24 hours. You likely wont have the meat submerged in marinade, so you're gonna wanna flip it in the dish maybe once every 8-12 hours.

Now, day of. Go ahead and preheat your oven to 325 and toss that whole dish in the oven. We kinda beefed it here cause we used a dish that was a bit bigger than the amount of meat, so instead of being able to baste it turkey style, we had to yank it out every 15-20 minutes and flip it over in its own juices. Shit worked for us, so whatever. You're gonna wanna leave it in the oven for about 1.5 hours, or till it reads cooked. Clear juices, high internal temp, whatever. I fried up some rice in advance, so that's a good enough side for it. Depending on the bourbon, the taste of the brown sugar will be a bit more or less intense, depending on the flavor profile of the bourbon, which in turn, affects how it tastes against your rice. Either way, though, it's fucking nummy as fuck.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-03 10:11:29

I don't normally eat breakfast, but this morning I decided to make myself two waffles with butter and syrup and a delicious glass of orange juice. My tummy is happy.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-03 11:20:19

At 7/3/16 10:53 AM, zornuzkull wrote: Fuck it you've inspired me I'm gonna make something with blueberries tomorrow...
Either Muffins or pancakes I haven't decided yet...

Oh yeah. Bring me some.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-07 16:26:02

At 7/3/16 10:53 AM, zornuzkull wrote:
Fuck it you've inspired me I'm gonna make something with blueberries tomorrow...
Either Muffins or pancakes I haven't decided yet...

Well...was it muffins or pancakes?

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-07 17:38:21

At 7/7/16 05:04 PM, zornuzkull wrote: Pancakes... And I forgot I even made this post...

Were they good? What toppings did you have?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-08 03:53:36

At 7/8/16 02:03 AM, zornuzkull wrote: Just golden syrup nothing fancy... They were pretty good...

V. nice.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-11 02:41:31

i like food, i cook food, but i will not share pictures of food. so much lazy, no choice in the matter.

uh, i can do the oven thing, charcoal grill, and of course stove top. a lot of days start out with a simple egg, ham, and cheese omelet, maybe an english muffin.

if i cook meat, i usually prefer to do chicken or pork. something in my taste buds has changed and beef often doesn't have the greatest flavor to me.

i think my favorite meal to make is one for thanksgiving. yeah, it's some extra work and a lot of extra time over a normal dinner. but a whole turkey and some sides, it's one of my favorite things and most comforting. plus, though i've only done it a few times really, my turkeys have never sucked.

meh, stuff and things.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-11 10:37:53

At 7/11/16 02:41 AM, billybobthwarten wrote: if i cook meat, i usually prefer to do chicken or pork. something in my taste buds has changed and beef often doesn't have the greatest flavor to me.

I've been going back and forth with chicken and beef since I was in high school. I'll get on a beef kick and only want burgers, or to cook burgers for six months. Then I'll switch to chicken, and only want to cook or eat chicke for six months. I'm currently on the chicken kick.

The omelette you make for breakfast sounds delicious.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-11 10:40:03

I made homemade macaroni and cheese over the weekend as a party dish. I boiled two pots of elbow macaroni, then drained the noodles. I put the noodles into a baking dish, and added two bags of shredded cheese to both baking dishes. I then filled the dish halfway with milk and stirred the cheese, milk, and noodles. I baked the macaroni at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

I think next time I might use two different kinds of cheese. It was pretty good though.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-11 10:57:39

At 7/11/16 10:37 AM, Kayleeee wrote: I've been going back and forth with chicken and beef since I was in high school. I'll get on a beef kick and only want burgers, or to cook burgers for six months. Then I'll switch to chicken, and only want to cook or eat chicke for six months. I'm currently on the chicken kick.

i can do ground beef just fine, burgers or anything similar is no problem. but when it comes to certain cuts of beef, something changed in my mouth.

i'm pretty much always ok with chicken. i prefer to cook it hole or at the very least with skin and bone. sometimes i do marinade, but i do that less than i use to.

my seasonings tend to be simple. onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. maybe cumin on beef or pork, but not usually. and if a chunk of pork, i may just semi cover the top fattier portion with minced garlic and a light coating of olive oil.

The omelette you make for breakfast sounds delicious.

it's easy, quick, and not the worst thing i could be eating as a first meal. i start by cutting onions into small slices, get those going in the pan. then, i tend to have a chunk of ham in the freezer, which i cut small slices off of. i don't eat huge amounts of ham and don't like being wasteful, so freezer ham it is. after a little cooking for the onions, i add the ham. while that's going, i mix up my eggs(usually 2-3) and start my toasting of whatever small portion of bread i may eat. add egg, cook for a bit, maybe cover for a small amount of time. add cheese, usually cheddar and a smaller portion of american, possibly cover for a tiny amount of time. when it's solid enough, fold in half, then flip when it's time. usually the timing of things line up pretty well and it's not something i have to babysit completely.

i can totally scale it up to 6-12 eggs, but cmon...that's a lot.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

At 7/11/16 10:40 AM, Kayleeee wrote: I made homemade macaroni and cheese over the weekend as a party dish. I boiled two pots of elbow macaroni, then drained the noodles. I put the noodles into a baking dish, and added two bags of shredded cheese to both baking dishes. I then filled the dish halfway with milk and stirred the cheese, milk, and noodles. I baked the macaroni at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

I think next time I might use two different kinds of cheese. It was pretty good though.

i've done that a few times. but since i'm no pro at it and i never use recipes, i sometimes get the amounts of cheese and stuff incorrect.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-11 16:08:47

Pancakes with syrup, but also peanut butter, trust me it taste like Reese's.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-11 18:57:05

At 7/11/16 04:08 PM, MaynardHeart wrote: Pancakes with syrup, but also peanut butter, trust me it taste like Reese's.

People either love their pancakes with peanut butter, or with butter. I don't have a preference either way.

BBS Signature

In an attempt to starting eating slightly healthier, I made myself some mason jar fruit salads. I'm eating one right now for breakfast.

These jars are made up of:
Strawberries
Oranges
Bananas
Green grapes
Blueberries
And almonds on top.

Pretty healthy start to my day.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-15 21:33:35

At 7/15/16 10:03 AM, zornuzkull wrote:
At 7/15/16 08:22 AM, Kayleeee wrote:
Ever made jam?

eh, kinda? i've cooked down blueberries and sugar to add to greek yogurt, was moderately happy with the results.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-15 22:49:10

Ever made jam?

I have not. I have a relative that makes some amazing apple butter though.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-16 12:42:00

At 7/16/16 10:54 AM, zornuzkull wrote:
At 7/15/16 10:49 PM, Kayleeee wrote:
Ever made jam?
I have not. I have a relative that makes some amazing apple butter though.
Apple butter sounds interesting...

"Apple butter is a highly concentrated form of apple sauce produced by long, slow cooking of apples with cider or water to a point where the sugar in the apples caramelize, turning the apple butter a deep brown. The concentration of sugar gives apple butter a much longer shelf life as a preserve than apple sauce."

It tastes amazing on biscuits!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-16 19:17:15

Picture doesn't do tonight's dinner justice.

Oiled up the skillet, cut up potatoes and kielbasa, covered the meat and potatoes with shredded cheese and enjoyed it thoroughly.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-16 22:14:47

At 7/16/16 12:43 PM, zornuzkull wrote:
At 7/16/16 12:42 PM, Kayleeee wrote: It tastes amazing on biscuits!
I bet it does...

i'm not really a fan. i like apple sauce, apple butter not so much.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-20 15:03:59

So, I did a thing again to spite @Deftonesfan665 and her bad taste in pancakes. Additional s/o to @CaptKirky and @ragnkinson for not believing in the ME THAT BELIEVES IN MYSELF in regards to dangerous amounts of pancake consumption.

Also, just noticed that there were like 10 posts about pancakes prior. Weird that we all got similarly timed pancake cravings.

Anyway, found a recipe in a magazine that I cranked out some pancakes with. Because chocolate chip is objectively the best kind of pancake, no question, I added some into the batter.

1 1/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons melted butter
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Alright, so basically this shit comes together real well. Mix up your dry shit like a champ. Then, mix your wet shit up and gradually fold in your dry stuff slowly like you're doing cookies or something. Once your shits all folded up, fold those chocolate chips in. Cook them like regular pancakes from there. I think this recipe cranks out ~12 pancakes, but I used a larger pan, so I ended up with 5 plus-sized pancakes and 3 smaller ones.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-20 15:18:37

At 7/20/16 03:03 PM, Porkchop wrote: 1 1/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup chocolate chips

GTFO.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-20 15:36:23

At 7/20/16 03:18 PM, CaptKirky wrote:
At 7/20/16 03:03 PM, Porkchop wrote: 1 1/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup chocolate chips
GTFO.

UGH THEY WERE SO FUCKING GOOD TOO WITH BUTTER AND HOMEMADE SYRUP LIKE OMG.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-20 17:20:29

At 7/20/16 03:03 PM, Porkchop wrote: So, I did a thing again to spite @Deftonesfan665 and her bad taste in pancakes.

Whatever, my niq, butterscotch pancakes are the shit.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-20 17:54:44

At 7/20/16 05:20 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 7/20/16 03:03 PM, Porkchop wrote: So, I did a thing again to spite @Deftonesfan665 and her bad taste in pancakes.
Whatever, my niq, butterscotch pancakes are the shit.

Say to that my face fucker not online and see what happens.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-07-20 19:59:31

At 7/20/16 04:07 PM, zornuzkull wrote: This thread is gonna kill me...

Gonna get fat.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-08-06 14:00:00

While on vacation I tried some pretty interesting food.

First meal in France was Spaghetti bolognese. It was delicious. The free bread was also good. I found it interesting that they put lemon in their coke.

Second meal was a ham and cheese sandwich with a salad. The dressing on the salad was weird, but I do not know what the name of the dressing was. I drank champagne in France and it was delicious.

In Barcelona, I did not like the taste of the meat. I tried beef and chicken, and did not enjoy either. I had Carbonaro, and I enjoyed it minus the meat chunks that were in it.

All in all, I could live on spaghetti bolognese.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-08-08 00:26:55

In honor of football season returning:

Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2016-08-08 14:29:06

Discussion topic: Spaghetti.

How do you enjoy yours? I know some people enjoy it with meat or without meat, or with shredded cheese on top. Some people like thin noodles or angel hair noodles.

I like my spaghetti with regular spaghetti noodles and traditional spaghetti sauce. I like to eat it on top of garlic bread.

BBS Signature