00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO!

35,767 Views | 87 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Our Construct 3 game jam is now a GO! The deadline is May 28th at 11:59 PM EST and the theme is:

"Good Things Come in Threes."

Your game will need to include this theme of three in some form. How you do it is up to you!

Construct 3 is a web-based platform for developing games. No programming experience is required and games can be exported for platforms such as PC, mobile, Xbox One and the web.

For the next two weeks, the full version of C3 is available to EVERYONE for FREE, to use for this jam.

The top THREE games will receive free C3 licenses for a year as well as one year of honorary Supporter status on Newgrounds.

To participate:

1) Get started with Construct 3 and make a game!
2) In C3, click Menu > Project > Export > Web (HTML5) and download the ZIP containing your game.
1) Create an NG account if you don't have one.
2) Create a new game project.
3) Upload your C3 ZIP file.
4) Under file properties, set your dimensions to your C3 viewpoint (C3 defaults to 854 x 480, 16:9).
4) Tag your entry with "C3Jam" so we find it.
5) Preview your submission to be sure everything looks good.
6) Publish!

Additional Rules:

1) Your game must be based on material you have rights to, for example you can't use Mario sprites.
2) Your game must not contain unlicensed audio / music.
3) You may work with artists and musicians to support your project (one person receives the prize though).

The Audio Portal is a great resource for music as well as these royalty free resources.

If you've never made a game before, give it a try! The C3 website has a bunch of tutorials and demo projects you can eyeball.

If you would like to volunteer your art or audio talents for potential team-ups, you may do so in this thread. You are also welcome to post about your game progress in this thread!

Deadline again is May 28th, 11:59 PM EST. We look forward to playing your games!

Other News

Winners of the Art Inspired Music Contest 2017 have been announced!

Pico Day winners have been announced as well!

Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-15 09:05:37

All right, let's do this!

HEADSHOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-15 09:25:35

Hell yeah, let's get this on!
I'll definitely experiment a bit with Construct 3 and I'm also excited to see what other people will create with that! :D

While you're reading this, I'm stealing your cookies...

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-15 09:37:13

Unfortunately I will sit and watch this time but hey, good luck to all the participants ! I'm sure that great games will be made !

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." Shigeru Miyamoto

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-15 10:13:29

Oh god, misread threes with trees and thought "wth have 3 pigs to do with trees"
Well, good things come in trees probably would have been an interesting theme too.

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-15 10:38:26

Tom here from Construct, looking forward to see what people come up with! Please do note Construct 3 is still in beta so you may find a bug or two (or three). You can report bugs here:
https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs

So far, so good though and we're squashing them at a good pace!

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-15 11:31:54

Lets do it

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-15 13:21:09

Are multiple entries allowed?

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-15 13:39:27

At 5/15/17 01:21 PM, ZakChaos wrote: Are multiple entries allowed?

You're welcome to make multiple entries, although it's best to focus on one really good entry.

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-15 14:01:46

At 5/15/17 10:38 AM, Scirra wrote: So far, so good though and we're squashing them at a good pace!

Not according to that one troll in the forums lol

Good luck to everyone! I love seeing the creativity coming out of game jams.

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-15 14:28:51

Should anybody be needing voice work, hit me up and I would be more than happy to lend assistance. Good luck to everybody, and make some amazing games!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-15 14:38:15

Let's try it out! This will be a fun one to make while I wrap up my C2 game Dinomelt!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-15 22:18:24

Half life 3 confirmed

Before you go wasting money on a chrome based rental subscription engine that allows Scirra to hold your games hostage I would suggest everyone go read these forum threads by long time C2 users:

https://www.scirra.com/forum/so-what-is-your-second-impression-of-c3-and-will-you-buy_t190060
https://www.scirra.com/forum/petition-to-change-construct3-subscription-payment_t187105

Notice that Tom and Ashley locked those forum topics because they had many of the base saying they don't want a subscription based Chrome engine at any price.

Just use the free version if you want to be in the Jam and then look for a better engine and a company that doesn't lie to their base about exporters they never provided and bugs they never fix and features that don't work.

My opinion!

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-16 04:40:20

OI!

I'm a music composer. Dont use royalty free music- lets make original music for your game!

www.ArnieMusic.com

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-16 05:17:30

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-16 09:08:42

Can the game be published elsewhere after I put it in Newgrounds? Or just when the jam period is over? And since it is the full version of C3, then is it possible to activate monetization with it?

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-16 09:26:27

At 5/16/17 09:08 AM, KnightLight wrote: Can the game be published elsewhere after I put it in Newgrounds? Or just when the jam period is over? And since it is the full version of C3, then is it possible to activate monetization with it?

You can publish the game wherever you like. For monetization, are you looking at options built into C3?

BBS Signature

At 5/16/17 09:26 AM, TomFulp wrote:

You can publish the game wherever you like. For monetization, are you looking at options built into C3?

General Monetization. How to enable monetization here at Newgrounds and other sites. Direct sale or iap. Playstore, Steam ... with the games made during this period of the jam.

And games made with the license can be marketed even after the end of it, right? A new license is for new games.

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-16 10:09:53

At 5/16/17 10:07 AM, KnightLight wrote:
At 5/16/17 09:26 AM, TomFulp wrote:

General Monetization. How to enable monetization here at Newgrounds and other sites. Direct sale or iap. Playstore, Steam ... with the games made during this period of the jam.

And games made with the license can be marketed even after the end of it, right? A new license is for new games.

You can enable NG rev share via your account page. As for in-game ads, we haven't added html5 ads via our API yet but anything available to work in C3 should be fine, shouldn't be any limits on monetization.

BBS Signature

At 5/15/17 10:53 PM, RadicalGames wrote: Notice that Tom and Ashley locked those forum topics because they had many of the base saying they don't want a subscription based Chrome engine at any price.

We do not lock topics because people don't like the direction we're going. First linked topic was by Lamar, a persistent troll who the community is relieved to see the back of.

The second topic was open for over 3 months, and Ashley has done a post explaining why it was closed in the last thread. There's still topics open discussing the direction we're going. We've always encouraged constructive open discussion for the 6 years we've been running for!

Back to the topic of the jam, looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with! If you find any bugs, please do report them here:
https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs

And we'll squash them! Construct 3 still is in a beta so you can expect a few, but so far everything seems to be running pretty smoothly!

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-16 12:11:46

How come my game was removed?

Darkness

Can be seen through STEEL

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-16 12:26:10

At 5/16/17 12:11 PM, darksteel131 wrote: How come my game was removed?

Both of your games were Construct 3 demo games with source available on the C3 site.

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-16 12:29:02

At 5/16/17 12:26 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Both of your games were Construct 3 demo games with source available on the C3 site.

Can i repost just not for the c3jam?

Darkness

Can be seen through STEEL

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-16 12:32:34

At 5/16/17 12:29 PM, darksteel131 wrote:
At 5/16/17 12:26 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Can i repost just not for the c3jam?

Sorry but no - those demos were made by other people and are intended for educational use and not to present as your own.

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-16 22:36:36

Really wish I could try this, but I accidentally deleted my WebGl...
Welp, willing to make song loops for anyone who wants it.

one positive about being an annoying child who didnt know what they were doing and who got internet access way too early is that you can explicitly know what NOT to do

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-16 23:47:49

I made a shitty game for Robot Jam on Construct 2 once. If I can think something good I might try out making something for this.

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-17 02:27:11

Hi, We are an artist (character and backgrounds) and music composer/voice-actor with an idea for the game jam- we are looking for others to team up- looking for a game design genius!

--Post apocalyptic techno-punk sci-fi in a bronze-age setting--

email me! BillionsUponUs@gmail.com

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam is a GO! 2017-05-17 05:55:45

Is it possible i can rebuild my power of 3 game in construct and just turn that in?

also first post.

None

BBS Signature

At 5/17/17 05:55 AM, Luis wrote: Is it possible i can rebuild my power of 3 game in construct and just turn that in?

also first post.

You can win the Best Port award, a free drink downtown this spring/summer.

BBS Signature