00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DegasTyson54 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Old User Re-Introduction Thread

67,710 Views | 616 Replies

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-17 14:06:43

At 8/15/20 07:59 AM, TomFulp wrote: @Susanowoo suggested that we create an OLD User Introduction thread, for old accounts that have never introduced themselves or have just returned to NG after years of absence. I've seen a good number of returning visitors in recent years so this sounds like a fun idea.

If you're an old user who has been lurking, this thread is your opportunity to let yourself be known!

what a great thread! i just came back after ~6 years, and i'm happy to see that newgrounds' layout looks exactly the same. but hey, hi lads, i'm pilldroid. if i had to sum myself up, i'd say i'm a cartoonist and a creative writer that’s working on a few cross-genre comics. i'm working on uploading more of my work on here, but if you wanna check more of it out, then i'm on twitter @pilldroid and i've a portfolio website titled under vuorin.myportfolio.com

anyways, yeah. i'm pretty stoked to be back ;-) thanks for hosting this kind of thread

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-18 14:39:40

At 9/13/20 01:08 PM, Gagsy wrote: I drifted for a bit but now find myself back as the ole loneliness kicks in again. I honestly thought I quenched it.

I spent years posting on Reddit and Facebook, and ramped it up even more with Twitter. Twitter then got me involved with another smaller community, not dissimilar to what this place was like back in the 00s, except for with more British people in, and more left-leaning.

Then, not too long ago (less than a month ago), someone on Reddit argued with me about something relating to my freelance business, and took it upon themselves to dox me. They put my Reddit username into Twitter, and somehow related my Twitter account to my real name, and then found my business Facebook page. They made comments mentioning my dead dad, as I'd put on Twitter how it was two years since his passing and how I missed him, and my son, 11 months old, who was on my freelancer business page. This was all under the implicit threat that they were going to try to ruin my business - they said I was a scammer (I'm not and their reasoning was bullshit).

So I realised the best thing to do to protect my family was to nuke my Twitter account and my Reddit account. Both of which I'd had for many years and had used like a journal, kinda like what I did with Newgrounds.

I was regularly posting on Twitter at the time but I've not got back on that wagon since. I've got a new Reddit account but I'm not using it often, either. I've decided to come back to these smaller forums. So that whole doxing has led to me visiting NG every day again.

Really, this is the most foolish site to use if I'm afraid of doxing, though. It's bad enough someone threatening to share some shit I put on Reddit as an adult with my business associates. But some garbage I wrote as a teenage edgelord here? I hardly even recognise teenage me as being the same person. I said loads of things here that I would distance myself from. NG is the biggest embarrassing repository I could imagine, if someone was a nefarious actor. Maybe I could sign up with a fresh account here, too.....

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-18 15:38:32

I'm Batman.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-20 16:35:47

At 9/18/20 03:38 PM, batman wrote: I'm Batman.

lol

signature by jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-21 06:44:04

Nostalgia peeps add me as friends also PM me to link up on discord.

Also had my NG store order lost in mail. That felt really bad. It was when I rewarded myself for my first real job too... :c

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-22 18:34:55

Hi I'm Mizzjuicyflava. Its been a while and I hope everyone is well.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-23 00:01:07

At 9/22/20 06:34 PM, Mizzjuicyflava wrote: Hi I'm Mizzjuicyflava. Its been a while and I hope everyone is well.

Hi Mizzjuicyflava I am also well. I am old and never left but I am not so active in forums and portals. I have been permbanned from readit and twitter. FB is teh suck so I am migrating back to here. Its nice seeing familiar "faces" even if they don't even know.

I AM

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-24 19:03:18

Cock joke.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-24 19:51:29

At 9/24/20 07:03 PM, TheJamoke wrote: Cock joke.

Case numbers bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-25 11:33:42

hi everyone

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-25 18:54:51

Hello, I'm an old user with a new account. My name is Keith. It's nice to see a lot of familiar names/faces. I hope all is well with everyone.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-26 09:42:39

At 9/25/20 06:54 PM, MyHairsOnFire wrote: Hello, I'm an old user with a new account. My name is Keith. It's nice to see a lot of familiar names/faces. I hope all is well with everyone.

Why are you a clown?

signature by jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-26 14:23:28

At 9/11/20 07:43 AM, pokemon-trainerBROCK wrote: can I be mod yet

what he said

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-26 15:25:25

yee

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-26 15:59:42

At 9/26/20 09:42 AM, SirKaotik wrote:
At 9/25/20 06:54 PM, MyHairsOnFire wrote: Hello, I'm an old user with a new account. My name is Keith. It's nice to see a lot of familiar names/faces. I hope all is well with everyone.
Why are you a clown?

I figured if I looked like a clown, Pennywise might leave me alone.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-26 16:07:58

At 9/26/20 03:59 PM, MyHairsOnFire wrote: I figured if I looked like a clown, Pennywise might leave me alone.

iu_172804_8146500.jpg

signature by jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-27 19:45:05

I'm Rucklo and have missed seeing this thread for a month and a half now. Feels weird, maaang...

Been on NG for quite a few yearsnow, used to be very active in the Audio- and General-forums mainly, nowadays I mainly lurk around and drop some words here and there. Also used to make music and drop in the AP, but after having worked with my hobby i.e. sound for well over ten years, as a live sound engineer and making audio for games, I'm still kind of drained from the craft of making nooooise and kind of await the day when I have the lust, will and time to make something new again. When I do, it'll end up here in some shape or form.

After having been active on this site since 2004, I've made many friends that I've met and still today stay in touch with. NG is truly a unique, warm and fuzzy community, but if you're reading this, you already knew about the floof! ^________^ <3

Wakka wakka

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-27 20:06:07

It's been a while. Miss this site.

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-28 08:34:33

At 8/26/20 02:29 PM, Fim wrote: I remember Dean and Earfetish in particular, both of which I ended up meeting in real life.

I hadn't realised you were still active on here! Was just browsing this thread and saw your username. I still remember both the times we met, and now that I'm thinking about it, I still feel bad about how long you were waiting around town for me and Tony to appear the last time we met. Turned out to be a fun night of pub hunting in the end though. I think that was the last night I spent in Manchester and unfortunately haven't been back since. Crazy to think that must have almost been 10 years ago!

At 9/13/20 01:08 PM, Gagsy wrote: I lost touch with most of those friends

I was just talking about this sort of thing recently. Because of the old Stickam chat I think a lot of us had a core group of NG buddies back in the day, and I've lost contact with almost all of mine. Back in those days, I spoke to Ejit and Tramps in particular on a daily basis for several years. We'd never met, but I always thought of them as my good friends. Had a brief catch-up with Tramps recently, but I've totally lost contact with Ejit, which is a shame.

Makes me wonder what some of the old Stickam crew are up to these days. I never did find out the proper pronunciation of Tiago.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-28 12:02:12

At 9/27/20 08:06 PM, Ledgey wrote: It's been a while. Miss this site.

Liam I miss u

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-28 17:44:58

At 9/28/20 08:34 AM, Dean wrote: but I've totally lost contact with Ejit, which is a shame.

Ejit. He is probably the one user I generously miss the most from this place. Like you, I spoke to him every day and that was for years. I'm so glad he got over his anxieties and enjoyed social life more but I still wish we would talk. He had a weird sense of humour and got too dark sometimes but I feel like I understood him and we had a lot of the same values and yeah ultimate ghosting.

Makes me wonder what some of the old Stickam crew are up to these days. I never did find out the proper pronunciation of Tiago.

I always thought it was like any footballer called Tiago. He was an attractive man.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-29 00:35:25

My name is Jamie and I have been coming to this website on and off again since I was 12 to 13 years old.

I was introduced to this website by my cousin, who showed me the "undress a celebrity" series. I lied when it asked if I was 18+. I learned after about all the flash shorts, and games, and NG became my favourite website afterwords.

I created my account when I was 16, turning 17. I did it to have an area to have a list of favourites, to make things easy for me to find and play. I shortly after found the BBS and started to lurk, and then participate.

I got hooked hard into stickam. I joined the NG room, met some incredible friends, and I couldn't wait to sign on and talk to everyone. It was always a welcoming place. somehow there was a rival with paltalk, but I still believe Stickam was the better chat :P I also met a lot of people from the Art forums, which was a place i never went to before, and learned right fast what goes into making quality artwork, and how much I can't do that.

It kept me sane. At a time in my life when I was the most depressed and felt numb, it gave me something to look forward to when I got home for work, as well as the idle time I had between high school and college. It doesn't seem like much but w/e my post not yours.

One of the most crazy things to happen when I was a deeply active user here was Sirtom93. I am glad he got stopped and it turned into almost nothing really (big thanks to @deckheadtottie and @rig for stopping what could have been)

shortly after I started college the world load was insane and I stopped having the time to come here frequently and chat with everyone i called friend on this website. working full time at a garage, college, and trying to sleep led me to having no time for anything. I ended up getting quite sick in the first year, and had to withdraw from school. I tried to make up for the time I had missed but one teacher out of the 6 I had didn't believe the doctors note I had that explained my absence and because of her I lost that whole year of school.

I ended up switching into a Computer systems technology course and finished it. but the job market it put me in pissed me off so much I haven't done anything with that certificate. One example of this is when computer store hired and fired me in the same interview(took place in June) because I had plans already made to be on holidays over Christmas. The interviewer took the uniform he had given me out of my hands and walked me to the door. I ended up just staying at the garage I worked at and continued my career there.

It has been 10 years since that, I still work at the same garage, and I have made quite the career out of it. I moved from being an oil tech into mechanic into service advisor into what I can only think of as a business manager. I am in charge of the finances of the business, accounting, payroll, etc. There has been many talks of buying the business out right from the current owners but i don't have the funds available to me at this time. I would love to one day, just not this day.

Also, Since then, I have bought my own house(4 years ago at the end of October). I have been with my college sweetheart, we have brought our first child into our world, and he is absolutely the best thing that has ever happened to me. His name is Levi and he was born almost a full month ago(August 30th).

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-29 16:40:39

It's awesome to see more people show up.

I have zero photos from the Stickam days so I had to see if I could find any of me in the forums. Not sure what's going on in either one but good times.

iu_173905_8221862.jpgiu_173904_8221862.jpg

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-09-29 23:11:17

You may enjoy this.

https://youtu.be/Viq5rC7wDos

At 9/29/20 04:40 PM, MyHairsOnFire wrote: It's awesome to see more people show up.

I have zero photos from the Stickam days so I had to see if I could find any of me in the forums. Not sure what's going on in either one but good times.

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

At 9/29/20 11:11 PM, jmalouin7 wrote: You may enjoy this.

https://youtu.be/Viq5rC7wDos

At 9/29/20 04:40 PM, MyHairsOnFire wrote: It's awesome to see more people show up.

Hahahahaha thank you for that blast from the past. I remember watching that. It's been years. Shika was always looking to give us entertainment. I hope he is well.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-10-01 03:58:04

At 10/1/20 03:56 AM, mfkr1 wrote:
At 8/15/20 07:59 AM, TomFulp wrote: @Susanowoo suggested that we create an OLD User Introduction thread, for old accounts that have never introduced themselves or have just returned to NG after years of absence. I've seen a good number of returning visitors in recent years so this sounds like a fun idea.

If you're an old user who has been lurking, this thread is your opportunity to let yourself be known!

go team go... love this site. what do we do about dead flash player... shockwave?

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-10-01 07:52:32

At 10/1/20 03:58 AM, mfkr1 wrote: go team go... love this site. what do we do about dead flash player... shockwave?

We're using Ruffle.rs to run Flash content in the browser without the Flash plugin. It's not used for everything yet but Alien Hominid is one example:

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-10-01 08:54:12

Well, howdy!

I'm Alex and I've been registered on NG since July 2005. Doing the math now...that's 15 years. Jeez! It doesn't seem that long ago. I work a lot, so I lurk the forums and I'm on the chat at odd hours.

I don't game as much as I used to, but when I can I play Escape from Tarkov and have a Steam library full of stuff that I haven't played.

I try to be a positive influence in people's lives as much as possible, so if you ever want to talk about something (or just talk in general!) feel free to shoot me a PM.

The kind of old they just don't make anymore!

[Had your submission unpublished? Click here!]

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-10-01 17:42:13

If anyone's seen 36Holla lately would you tell him to please, PLEASE contact me finally. It's been almost 10 years and I still really need to send him his copies of all the pics from our BFF photo shoot together that time we met up in San Francisco.

iu_174736_2172443.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-10-01 17:46:08

Funny thing is we didn't plan it, we just happened to run into each other at the Shirtless Blueberry Picking Festival (hosted by none other than, you guessed it, one certain Mr. Peter Fonda that year.) Good times man.

BBS Signature