00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DecoQliao just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Old User Re-Introduction Thread

67,713 Views | 616 Replies

What's up. I'm d00dfayz, AKA D-Face. I was first introduced to NewGrounds in 2005 (at the age of 9 or 10) after having been introduced to StickPage by a friend I had back then. The Xiao Xiao series along with Madness Combat led me over here. In 2007 I begrudgingly created an account and shortly after I also joined the now long-gone forums at madnesscombat.net and got involved with the burgeoning Madness Combat fandom.

I got into Flash animating but never really managed to produce anything greater than short test animations and "lulrandom" type stuff. I did manage to complete a 3-part series set in the Clock Crew universe, but I eventually deleted them in shame and those animations have sadly been lost to time. I took part in a few Madness Combat fan collabs but eventually just shifted away from Flash entirely and decided to focus on music production instead.

In 2010, SoundCloud was starting to take off and I was noticing how I got more engagement from uploading my tracks there than on the Audio Portal here. And since I was also not very proud of the username I had chosen, as well as the back-archive of cringy animated shorts, reviews and forum posts made by my teen-aged self, I announced that I would be leaving NG. I uploaded my final tracks to the AP in 2011.

12 years later, SoundCloud has become a mess of algorithms and bots, making it way harder to get the same extent of engagement you could get back in the day. Ironically, the old Audio Portal now seems way more inviting in terms of potential engagement, although I am not happy about the new copyright guidelines and the still very limited selection of genre categories (seriously, why can't you just implement a custom genre tagging system?). So I'm not really back to return full-time, but to at least just check in and show some signs of life. I made a new update to my user page announcing an idea I have for the next Madness Day, and I took care of Tom's now month-old request to sort out external API access for Geometry Dash levels.

If there are any more people still around who were around during the madnesscombat.net days, ca 2007-2010, hi! It's been a while. Feel free to get in touch and we can talk about old times and new ideas. I know that LittleLuckyLink and Gabriel Barsch are still around, and are still producing Madness Combat content amazingly enough. Greetings and respect to both of you if you see this. Another shoutout to Alpha-Nuva, who may or may not be around.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-03-04 02:18:12

Hello again. I was active on the BBS 15 odd years ago and decided to look back at it for shits and giggles. Just made me feel really old. It's essential been 33 year old me cringing at 16-18 year old me.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-03-04 12:55:58

I'm @Archetypes

I make music I guess... (Didn't I introduce myself earlier?)

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-03-07 04:09:44

At 2/26/23 09:21 AM, d00dfayz wrote: What's up. I'm d00dfayz, AKA D-Face. I was first introduced to NewGrounds in 2005 (at the age of 9 or 10) after having been introduced to StickPage by a friend I had back then. The Xiao Xiao series along with Madness Combat led me over here. In 2007 I begrudgingly created an account and shortly after I also joined the now long-gone forums at madnesscombat.net and got involved with the burgeoning Madness Combat fandom.

NewGrounds was a totally different landscape back in 2004 and 2005. Things like Madness were just building up an audience.

If there are any more people still around who were around during the madnesscombat.net days, ca 2007-2010, hi! It's been a while. Feel free to get in touch and we can talk about old times and new ideas. I know that LittleLuckyLink and Gabriel Barsch are still around, and are still producing Madness Combat content amazingly enough.

Madness Combat is still being made, plus we have the holiday every year.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-03-09 07:14:09

At 3/7/23 04:09 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 2/26/23 09:21 AM, d00dfayz wrote: What's up. I'm d00dfayz, AKA D-Face. I was first introduced to NewGrounds in 2005 (at the age of 9 or 10) after having been introduced to StickPage by a friend I had back then. The Xiao Xiao series along with Madness Combat led me over here. In 2007 I begrudgingly created an account and shortly after I also joined the now long-gone forums at madnesscombat.net and got involved with the burgeoning Madness Combat fandom.
NewGrounds was a totally different landscape back in 2004 and 2005. Things like Madness were just building up an audience.

If there are any more people still around who were around during the madnesscombat.net days, ca 2007-2010, hi! It's been a while. Feel free to get in touch and we can talk about old times and new ideas. I know that LittleLuckyLink and Gabriel Barsch are still around, and are still producing Madness Combat content amazingly enough.
Madness Combat is still being made, plus we have the holiday every year.

Laptop is old computer website time machine ever"

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-03-09 08:33:31

Welp didn’t expect me here didn’t ya? Anyways time to go back to my 1 year long Runke ball session

anyways for the ones who want answers I originally made this account as an alt since back then I was quite a controversial person in the Newgrounds community (just ask some of the mods!) which led me to make multiple Alts and This is one of em

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-03-09 08:35:50

At 3/9/23 08:33 AM, Invader-wed wrote: Welp didn’t expect me here didn’t ya? Anyways time to go back to my 1 year long Runke ball session

anyways for the ones who want answers I originally made this account as an alt since back then I was quite a controversial person in the Newgrounds community (just ask some of the mods!) which led me to make multiple Alts and This is one of em

HMMMMM…i really wonder whose alt that is..

my website roombaclock (google.com)

u\petir_greffin i'm peeking at you from my forum signature >:D

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-03-09 08:37:58

At 3/9/23 08:35 AM, roombaclock wrote:
At 3/9/23 08:33 AM, Invader-wed wrote: Welp didn’t expect me here didn’t ya? Anyways time to go back to my 1 year long Runke ball session

Yeah me too…..

So this is not my first account! My first account that I made was in 2019 and it was called roloxguy23, and I made it because I discovered Newgrounds through playing random flash games and I decided to make an account to post my own shitty animations but I couldn’t verify my email so I made an account called kittykrewfan2006 (which I’m mostly known as) but the account got banned somewhere between 2020-2021 because I was banned from the forums on roloxguy23 so I used kittykrewfan2006 to get around the ban, now you might think now “what happened to roloxguy23?” Well after a shit ton of name changes (kitty0708, chuzzle-dude etc) I deleted the account because I wasn’t using it anymore, now unfortunately kittykrewfan2006 and roloxguy23 had ALOT of crappy animations I made using a program called toontastic 3D which unfortunately most of them are lost but some I have found on an hard drive and reuplaoded some of them on to ng (I will upload the rest later) so yeah that’s all! (Btw when I get supporter I will probably change my name to roloxguy23) I also had a shitton of alt accounts one that I still use is @invader-wed and @raspberrrygun (formerly itazedmymother)

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-03-10 10:03:20

I am an "old" user who is coming back under a new art project.

Indeed, I am who Axem was, and my purpose from now on is to provide a way to find the truth through my art, not limiting myself to external truths, of the world, but also to internal truths, of each person's mind.

I hope to be well received and to be able to provide help to those who need it!

PS: I recommend reading the last forum post I made as Axem and the post I made on Axem's blog so you can understand my change.

— Akziom T

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-03-13 04:22:12

Both of these accounts are not old at all. Will the original account actually qualify for this topic?

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-03-13 05:32:42

At 3/13/23 04:22 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

Both of these accounts are not old at all. Will the original account actually qualify for this topic?

well i mean technically 2019 is old

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-03-13 09:04:42

At 3/10/23 07:05 AM, roombaclock wrote: So this is not my first account! My first account that I made was in 2019 and it was called roloxguy23,

That answers that question.

l so I made an account called kittykrewfan2006 (which I’m mostly known as) but the account got banned somewhere between 2020-2021 because I was banned from the forums on roloxguy23

Your most well known account was an accident. Interesting.

(Btw when I get supporter I will probably change my name to roloxguy23) I also had a shitton of alt accounts one that I still use is @invader-wed and @raspberrrygun (formerly itazedmymother)

Good luck with getting supporter.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-03-14 09:59:15

At 3/4/23 12:55 PM, BIink wrote: I'm @Archetypes

you know you're post signature will get ruined once someone makes an account named called @touching-grass ?

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-03-14 14:07:44

At 3/10/23 10:03 AM, akziom-t wrote: I am an "old" user who is coming back under a new art project.

Indeed, I am who Axem was, and my purpose from now on is to provide a way to find the truth through my art, not limiting myself to external truths, of the world, but also to internal truths, of each person's mind.

PS: I recommend reading the last forum post I made as Axem and the post I made on Axem's blog so you can understand my change.

It might help to include the link of your old account.

@akziom-t

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-03-17 15:26:51

At 3/14/23 02:07 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 3/10/23 10:03 AM, akziom-t wrote: I am an "old" user who is coming back under a new art project.

It might help to include the link of your old account.

@akziom-t

Yeah, it's axem-music.

— Akziom T

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-03-17 17:10:20

At 3/14/23 09:59 AM, Kittykrewfan2006 wrote:
At 3/4/23 12:55 PM, BIink wrote: I'm @Archetypes
you know you're post signature will get ruined once someone makes an account named called @touching-grass ?

That is true. Besides, stranger things than that have happened on NewGrounds.

BBS Signature