00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TallBird just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Appeal Thread

40,495 Views | 607 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-11 06:20:22

At 2/22/22 04:37 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 2/22/22 04:35 PM, Bloatedloaf wrote: please remove the song
I've dealt with this, you should have a new M-Bot private message

I don't have a new message

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-11 07:19:06

At 7/11/23 06:20 AM, Ageometryfan wrote:
At 2/22/22 04:37 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 2/22/22 04:35 PM, Bloatedloaf wrote: please remove the song
I've dealt with this, you should have a new M-Bot private message
I don't have a new message

Because that post was not directed at you

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-17 14:49:10 (edited 2023-07-17 14:49:49)

I accidentally closed the case on my copyright appeal.

My track, "I Highly Regret It", is seen as potentially infringing "Welcome to Bird World" by Leon. It hasn't gotten a single approval for over a month!

I swear to God I did not copy that song! I barely even heard of it! All I did is use the following VSTs and DAWs to create this track!

Layers: https://www.orchestraltools.com/store/collections/layers

Sonatina Timpani: https://plugins4free.com/plugin/2331/

Sonatina Percussion: https://plugins4free.com/plugin/2330/

SoundBridge: https://soundbridge.io/

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-19 16:27:38

At 7/19/23 04:25 PM, L999Million wrote:

Hello, one of my songs have recently been copyrighted for a song called Electric Heart - RM Roll. I have not found any trace of it.

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: Hi there!

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

To keep things moving along, make sure you have done the following FIRST:

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-20 19:53:57

Hello, can u please help me? My profile was in whitelist, and my music available for Geometry Dash, but for any reason i haven't some music in gd, i asked to a mod and say a verified artist need to scout me, i asked to friends with their profiles in whitelists but they can't scout me :/

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-20 20:47:56 (edited 2023-07-20 20:55:16)

At 7/20/23 07:53 PM, iDanflop wrote: Hello, can u please help me? My profile was in whitelist, and my music available for Geometry Dash, but for any reason i haven't some music in gd, i asked to a mod and say a verified artist need to scout me, i asked to friends with their profiles in whitelists but they can't scout me :/

You lost your scout and associated priviliges for scouting users with stolen material. Twice, from the looks of it. The person who most recently scouted you were themselves pruned which may have contributed in some way.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-20 21:26:16

Ooh I understand, is there any way to get the scout back?? I won't give scout anymore, or only in more important cases, it's that I helped a friend to have scout and maybe then he broke the rules :/

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-20 21:33:23

At 7/20/23 09:26 PM, iDanflop wrote: Ooh I understand, is there any way to get the scout back?? I won't give scout anymore, or only in more important cases, it's that I helped a friend to have scout and maybe then he broke the rules :/

That was already your second, and as the descout came from higher staff I'm gonna go with no.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-20 23:38:56

I understand, but do you think you could give me another chance? I had no experience with that, and now I'll be more careful, I have several musics that are used in the game and many want to continue using them 🙏

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-27 07:25:23

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

Newgrounds

Games

Movies

Audio

Art

Community

Music Copyright Infringement

Follow

« Return to Audio | All Forums | New Topic

GUSTAVOEGATOTV

Jul 24, 2023

I'm a music producer, and i LOVE Newgrounds but, everytime i upload a song, I need to prove that I'm the artist who made the song.

Ok, but, I was going to upload my new song, "R EVOLUÇÃO", but I accidentally uploaded "OÃDILOS" (a song that I've already published), I got blocked again, and, because I've already published this song, I asked the copyright bot to delete the song, so I could create another project and upload the right track.

Is this release: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/65424

And, I ask the staff, please remove this copyright infringement, and let me upload my songs to NG.. :(

And, if possible, to set the bot to never block my upload, when the copyrighted song has "GUSTAVOEGATOTV" as the artist of the song.

Thanks in advance! <3

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-29 17:00:41

At 7/27/23 07:25 AM, GUSTAVOEGATOTV wrote: I'm a music producer,

If you're using Bandpass, then the term "producer" is pretty loose

and i LOVE Newgrounds but, everytime i upload a song, I need to prove that I'm the artist who made the song.

Upload it here first, or improve the quality enough to be scouted.

And, if possible, to set the bot to never block my upload, when the copyrighted song has "GUSTAVOEGATOTV" as the artist of the song.

Not possible

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-31 15:18:56

At 7/29/23 05:00 PM, Pingu wrote:

and i LOVE Newgrounds but, everytime i upload a song, I need to prove that I'm the artist who made the song.

Not possible

Oh, ok, thanks <3

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-31 15:20:30

At 7/31/23 03:18 PM, GUSTAVOEGATOTV wrote:

Not possible
Oh, ok, thanks <3

Bandpass and FL Studio Mobile :)

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-08-03 00:01:08

Hi, Newgrounds blocked me from uploading music because my soundtrack "Dead Star" matched to "Stop The Rain" by Ed Sheeran... My soundtrack is original and both songs are nothing similar, I mean for real not even the inst are the same... It's just not fair that music made by me gets flagged by a random song that I didn't know it existed... I have proof that I made this soundtrack (if it's necessary to upload it) it's 3 days and got no response... Here is my appeal https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/edit/67770 just gonna wait for someone to respond

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-08-03 12:25:07

Hey! I'm new here and I'd like to ask for some help. I was flagged a few days ago because speed up edit of my song was matched with another song (original edit wasn't flagged, though). But the song that was matched is totally different from mine. Probably the reason for blocking was the presence of a similar sound effect with applause in the copyrighted song, which was taken from copyright-free soundpack.

I filed an appeal, but I accidentally closed it. I found this thread and hope you can help me with this. If you need proof that I am the creator of this song, please let me know here. Thanks!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-08-04 20:32:50

Not possible

hey, i just tried to see if i can create a new project, and the copyright infringement doesn't appear, and, I hope this is not a bug.iu_1042374_7805174.webp I prefer to ask here if the newgrounds staff has allowed me to upload my songs :)

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-08-04 20:40:19

At 8/4/23 08:32 PM, GUSTAVOEGATOTV wrote: hey, i just tried to see if i can create a new project, and the copyright infringement doesn't appear, and, I hope this is not a bug. I prefer to ask here if the newgrounds staff has allowed me to upload my songs :)

That's ok. The previous appeal was dealt with so hopefully the bot is happy as long as you're following the rules

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-08-05 13:09:25

At 8/4/23 08:40 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 8/4/23 08:32 PM, GUSTAVOEGATOTV wrote: hey, i just tried to see if i can create a new project, and the copyright infringement doesn't appear, and, I hope this is not a bug. I prefer to ask here if the newgrounds staff has allowed me to upload my songs :)
That's ok. The previous appeal was dealt with so hopefully the bot is happy as long as you're following the rules

Ok, thanks! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-08-11 03:50:44 (edited 2023-08-11 03:53:44)

Be polite.

Hi, im that guy from forum, where i asked about mashups, i was banned for re uploading song "The big black" from quick brown fox, i want reupload bc geometry dash.

I didnt know early that you cant reupload deleted song (this song is deleted) and this is equal to (aka =) ban.

hey you! if you read this you will have good day :D

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-08-11 04:05:08

At 8/11/23 03:50 AM, musicforgd69 wrote:

Be polite.
Hi, im that guy from forum, where i asked about mashups, i was banned for re uploading song "The big black" from quick brown fox, i want reupload bc geometry dash.
I didnt know early that you cant reupload deleted song (this song is deleted) and this is equal to (aka =) ban.

i forgot to say that my appeal is closed.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-08-11 09:27:21

At 8/11/23 04:05 AM, musicforgd69 wrote: i forgot to say that my appeal is closed.

Your appeal was closed by staff. It was not a valid appeal, you uploaded something which didn't belong to you. Speeding up something doesn't make it yours.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-08-11 09:39:14 (edited 2023-08-11 09:41:24)

At 8/11/23 09:27 AM, Pingu wrote:
At 8/11/23 04:05 AM, musicforgd69 wrote: i forgot to say that my appeal is closed.
Your appeal was closed by staff. It was not a valid appeal, you uploaded something which didn't belong to you. Speeding up something doesn't make it yours.

ok, thanks for response.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-08-12 17:44:09 (edited 2023-08-12 17:45:03)

At 8/12/23 12:30 PM, AriesT06 wrote: Soundtrap

I appreciate the detailed write up, you should have a PM about this.

Reminder to folks that soundtrap (and bandlab, magix, soundation, chrome music lab, groovepad etc) are all notorious for stock loops and will likely be picked up by the bot. Newgrounds has a policy against over reliance on these stock loops and generally the programs as a whole.

Music Maker Restrictions

You may not upload music made with Magix Music Maker Jam, Soundation, you.dj, Ampify or BandLab (the mobile app, not Cakewalk).

bandlab the desktop app is in a weird grey space, just don't rely on the stock loops packages

Besides falling under the Stock Loops rule, Magix Music Maker Jam automatically puts all songs you create with it under its own license - uploading the song to Newgrounds is in violation of that license.

Soundation and you.dj have similar issues where you do not retain full rights to the music you create using these services.

You may not use stock loops/samples in an unoriginal arrangement.

There are plenty of pre-made loop packages available. Simply mixing these loops isn't your own original work; you will need to make more effort to create something unique.

Music made with Groovepad and similar software falls under the stock loops category.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-08-18 07:38:24

Hello! I make this music over 2 hours and when I uploaded this music here, I got a supposed copyright. Let's say. But it doesn't even have the part that caused the music to be temporarily suspended. The main complaint is here:

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/edit/69873

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-08-23 20:50:41

Hello.

So I accidently closed an appeal of one of my songs that got wrongfully taken down, all because the copyright bot detected that it was on major streaming platforms. And my account still has a hold on it and I can't upload any audio. Is there anyway to fix this, or do I have to wait or something?

Here's my Spotify btw.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/6kJ0Rbqeq1DA6S0QY0CZ3L?autoplay=true

GD_Charlie

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-08-23 20:56:17

At 8/23/23 08:50 PM, GDCharlie wrote: Hello.

So I accidently closed an appeal of one of my songs that got wrongfully taken down, all because the copyright bot detected that it was on major streaming platforms. And my account still has a hold on it and I can't upload any audio. Is there anyway to fix this, or do I have to wait or something?

Here's my Spotify btw.

Should be approved and unbanned :)

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-08-23 20:58:21

At 8/23/23 08:56 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 8/23/23 08:50 PM, GDCharlie wrote: Hello.

Here's my Spotify btw.
Should be approved and unbanned :)

Thank you very much!

GD_Charlie

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-08-26 18:22:46

Hey! So yeah, I was too late to appeal to a moderator about my song "Music Box" which P-Bot said was similar to "BODY by REVENGE BEATZ" despite them both sounding a lot different from each other. But I was confused about when I checked at the guidelines for audio, it says that stock loops are not allowed in a unoriginal composition, but I did use a stock loop but added more to it like original composition.

Was it allowed?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-08-27 01:32:57

Hello good sir/ma’am/the’m, I got my Audio permissions revoked for posting a song I had posted on an older, deleted account called CarlzKey. (Long story short, RitzRadio was a damn teacher’s pet.) I am AlexiABall and I kindly request for my audio permissions back. I have the original files of the songs on the older account jsyk.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-08-27 01:34:53

What about Medly?