00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TRASHPWNEVE6K just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Appeal Thread

40,502 Views | 607 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-02 13:32:01

Hi, on August 12, 2021. I didn't know I got banned because I uploaded and audio that was a stolen material and won't do it anymore.

Hello Guys, I'm Juliana! 💗🌠

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-03 22:57:19

I thought I'd like to try to check this thread out.

Essentially my account was on put on hold since April of this year because the scanner detected I'd copyright infringed these songs

• "Not Serious", by TJ L
  • "LaFlame", by KiddDupre
  • "Cold World", by DoloMaine

So 5 months ago me's reaction was to crappily make a joke out of my appeal, I think i said something along the lines of 'I didn't steal anything!!!'.

I regret doing that

So I may be asking a lot but I'd really like if my account was put out of hold cause i really didn't infringe and songs and ive been missing out on a lot of cool audio collabs so yeah.

I''d really like for something to look into to this and appeal my ban or hold or whatever man!!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-04 10:34:27 (edited 2023-09-04 10:35:48)

Hello, on September 4th I wanted to publish a song here, but Newgrounds said that I had copied these songs:

"Crickets" by Kim J.

"Curandero" by Olivier Giacomotto

"naarciss" by Narciss

I don't know those songs, plus they don't look AT ALL like my song, it's not the first time this has happened to me, and I'm already fed up.

Here is a photo of the FLP:

FLP

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-04 13:37:39

At 9/4/23 10:34 AM, DJXyZssss wrote: Hello, on September 4th I wanted to publish a song here, but Newgrounds said that I had copied these songs:

"Crickets" by Kim J.
"Curandero" by Olivier Giacomotto
"naarciss" by Narciss

I don't know those songs, plus they don't look AT ALL like my song, it's not the first time this has happened to me, and I'm already fed up.

Here is a photo of the FLP:
FLP

There's a possibility these artists used the same samples as you did in your work. If they're royalty free, this is no problem. It's just severely annoying. Write all the details you can in your appeal.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-05 11:44:45

so it has almost been a week since i was banned from the audio portal. I was banned by uploading a song from soundtrap, not realizing it fell under the "no stock loops" category. Can i please be unbanned?(i did file an appeal, but still)

I don't want to even upload the song, and it was unfinished anyway. can i please be unbanned and the song be removed? thanks for your time :)

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-05 15:53:18

At 9/5/23 11:44 AM, stellar6666 wrote: so it has almost been a week since i was banned from the audio portal. I was banned by uploading a song from soundtrap, not realizing it fell under the "no stock loops" category. Can i please be unbanned?(i did file an appeal, but still)
I don't want to even upload the song, and it was unfinished anyway. can i please be unbanned and the song be removed? thanks for your time :)

Ban reduced. The song appeal will still remain in our records, but you will be in the clear. Let us know if you experience any bugs. You can ask around for music production software here in the audio forum. I recommend Reaper as a starting point. It has a nice unlimited trial. I also occasionally post music freebies in my news

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-05 16:05:20

At 9/5/23 03:53 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 9/5/23 11:44 AM, stellar6666 wrote: so it has almost been a week since i was banned from the audio portal. I was banned by uploading a song from soundtrap, not realizing it fell under the "no stock loops" category. Can i please be unbanned?(i did file an appeal, but still)
Ban reduced. The song appeal will still remain in our records, but you will be in the clear. Let us know if you experience any bugs. You can ask around for music production software here in the audio forum. I recommend Reaper as a starting point. It has a nice unlimited trial. I also occasionally post music freebies in my news

Thanks for the ban reduce and the suggestions!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-06 12:59:41

question: does my ban end exactly 24 hours after i recive the message of ban reduction?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-06 16:26:14

At 9/6/23 12:59 PM, stellar6666 wrote: question: does my ban end exactly 24 hours after i recive the message of ban reduction?

Usually to the minute but sometimes it doesn't.

iu_1070225_1387436.png

In this case I had to manually clear it.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-06 16:27:50

At 9/6/23 04:26 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 9/6/23 12:59 PM, stellar6666 wrote: question: does my ban end exactly 24 hours after i recive the message of ban reduction?
Usually to the minute but sometimes it doesn't.

In this case I had to manually clear it.

Thanks!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-12 02:25:29 (edited 2023-09-12 02:39:09)

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/73370 Hola buenas, I got a message from p-bot for some reason (he said copyright infringement), I wanted to post my song.

iu_1075163_13577593.webpiu_1075164_13577593.webpHere's my 2 screenshots: 1. FLP. 2. Album named "Тун)", i deleted this, because it didn't release

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-13 06:14:34

https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/4951012 please do something, i uploaded MY OWN remix to the un-copyrighted song "SLEEPING HUMMINGBIRD - KØCMOC" gmail - rompereal@gmail.com

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-13 06:47:24

At 9/13/23 06:14 AM, RompeGD wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/4951012 please do something, i uploaded MY OWN remix to the un-copyrighted song "SLEEPING HUMMINGBIRD - KØCMOC" gmail - rompereal@gmail.com

Is there anywhere were it is explicitly stated that the song is in the public domain? Otherwise it's highly unlikely that the ban will be revoked.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-13 07:26:00

At 9/13/23 06:47 AM, Taxmann wrote:
At 9/13/23 06:14 AM, RompeGD wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/4951012 please do something, i uploaded MY OWN remix to the un-copyrighted song "SLEEPING HUMMINGBIRD - KØCMOC" gmail - rompereal@gmail.com
Is there anywhere were it is explicitly stated that the song is in the public domain? Otherwise it's highly unlikely that the ban will be revoked.

I have seen the band mention it, so for remixes with effort it isn't an issue. Many cases end up being someone slapping on some lazy distortion and calling it a "remix" though, which then falls under spam or nightcore depending on how they end up doing it. My opinion there is those low effort "remixes" are just to try and have a track for GD.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-16 15:06:01

I am deeply sorry for being extremely impatient :(

My song got automatically banned because it's on major streaming platforms. I have included proofs in my appeal that it was me who uploaded them on major streaming platforms, as well as some of my official socials

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/73622

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-21 16:46:00

At 9/21/23 04:12 PM, bobirika12 wrote: Hi. I was banned for uploading non-copyright music (Shakedown by Clarx). I wanted to ask was this a mistake and if uploading non-copyright music is still considered theft and copyright and punished with a ban.

Do not upload audio that you did not create and have full rights to. It mentions that several times in the upload process.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-21 19:22:53

Hi, I'm new to newgrounds and I make very basic music for fun on YouTube and SoundCloud.

So I started to publish a placeholder (just as a test) track for newgrounds and I selected the option (some samples are from other people) and without publishing, it just kicked me out and said that I was copying somebody.

It Hase been 5 months since then and I'm very confused because I don't really know that much of newgrounds.

I hope someone unbans me because all i want is at least 3 tracks featured in geometry dash.

There's a link to my YouTube channel to show you guys that I'm not lying.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-21 21:34:30

At 9/21/23 07:22 PM, Deadm3m wrote: Hi, I'm new to newgrounds and I make very basic music for fun on YouTube and SoundCloud.
So I started to publish a placeholder (just as a test) track for newgrounds and I selected the option (some samples are from other people) and without publishing, it just kicked me out and said that I was copying somebody.

Whatever you do, never upload someone else's work as a test or placeholder. You run the very high risk of being banned automatically by the system AI, and then you will have to go through the rigors of proving you make your own music to get your publishing privileges back.

I will investigate your case and see about your ban.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-23 13:47:26

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-23 14:12:13

No no, the music was mine, I just changed copyright setting

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-24 15:11:10

Hi, I had a track flagged for copyright infringement but accidentally closed the case (I didn't know what it did tbh). The track I uploaded was created using LABS Virtual Instruments from Spitfire Audio. I can only imagine the flag came from the atmospheric sounds in the background (these were provided in their Tundra Atmos pack).

Obviously, if this is the case, I can upload a new version without the atmospheric sounds if needs be.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-24 16:51:22

At 9/24/23 03:11 PM, WolfSystemStudio wrote: Hi, I had a track flagged for copyright infringement but accidentally closed the case (I didn't know what it did tbh). The track I uploaded was created using LABS Virtual Instruments from Spitfire Audio. I can only imagine the flag came from the atmospheric sounds in the background (these were provided in their Tundra Atmos pack).

Obviously, if this is the case, I can upload a new version without the atmospheric sounds if needs be.

If you're only concerned about the atmospheric sounds, that shouldn't be an issue. If they were released with LABS they are from my understanding royalty free. Someone must have uploaded a track using them to a streaming service, thus the detection.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-25 23:48:53 (edited 2023-09-25 23:49:36)

I goofed and accidentally closed my appeal case. I'm still new to Newgrounds, but I'd like to make sure my appeal gets reviewed. I am currently in the process of writing infringement appeals for YouTube and Distrokid because the bot is actually the reason I found out my original songs were being redistributed.

Hopefully the team sees this, I just wanted to post my songs to Newgrounds because my community told me they'd enjoy them on this platform.

Many thanks,

Spectrumnist

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-09-26 15:21:38

I submitted #4771295

And it was flagged by pbot under an incorrect title and author. I provided links to the public domain library I obtained the music as well as the correct author's website.

It has been quite some time since I submitted my appeal and I have heard nothing back yet.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-10-09 10:46:40

Hey

Made a mistake and uploaded the wrong file and didn't know stock samples aren't allowed. I closed the copyright case and added a mesage that I didn't know use stock samples wasn't allowed. By closing the case does this mean my issue won't be seen? Just unsure as I rushed it and assumed closing would then leave the appeal to the mods and I'd hear back or does it mean I have a ban?

Thanks

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-10-09 12:14:30

At 10/9/23 10:46 AM, Joethememe wrote: Hey

Made a mistake and uploaded the wrong file and didn't know stock samples aren't allowed. I closed the copyright case and added a mesage that I didn't know use stock samples wasn't allowed. By closing the case does this mean my issue won't be seen? Just unsure as I rushed it and assumed closing would then leave the appeal to the mods and I'd hear back or does it mean I have a ban?

Thanks

Yes, closing the case means it no longer needs review.

Stock samples ARE allowed if they are not copyrighted AND you make at least 50 percent of the composition yourself. I.e. I can use drum loops and a bass line but compose the rest of a track, keys, guitars, and solos myself, and that's fine.

Do note that sometimes a false positive happens even with this caveat because people release songs made of stock samples to spotify and other digital streaming platforms. Please be sure you only use royalty free samples and let us know if THAT happens.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-10-09 12:53:25 (edited 2023-10-09 12:57:54)

At 10/9/23 12:14 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 10/9/23 10:46 AM, Joethememe wrote: Hey

Thanks
Yes, closing the case means it no longer needs review.

Stock samples ARE allowed if they are not copyrighted AND you make at least 50 percent of the composition yourself. I.e. I can use drum loops and a bass line but compose the rest of a track, keys, guitars, and solos myself, and that's fine.

Do note that sometimes a false positive happens even with this caveat because people release songs made of stock samples to spotify and other digital streaming platforms. Please be sure you only use royalty free samples and let us know if THAT happens.

Thanks for explaing

I made this a while ago using when I was learing soundtrap as they loop/samples are royalty free and wanted to post my progres but most of the stuff won't qualify due to the 50% rule.

Thanks again, will make sure to not make this mistake again when I can post again :)

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-10-09 13:22:35

At 10/9/23 12:53 PM, Joethememe wrote: I made this a while ago using when I was learing soundtrap as they loop/samples are royalty free and wanted to post my progres but most of the stuff won't qualify due to the 50% rule.

Soundtrap is notorious for the over reliance on loops and other rights issues and can't be hosted here.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-10-13 00:22:24

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: Hi there!

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

To keep things moving along, make sure you have done the following FIRST:

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

Hello I was banned from posting audio due to a misclick in files and posting a sound clip that was not mine I will take full responsibility for taking that sound clip without permission from RWS but I would like to be unbanned for posting audio that is copyrighted by cry of fear

CoolAssDude

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-10-13 00:39:11

At 10/13/23 12:22 AM, Bootywizard69 wrote:
At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: Hi there!
Be polite.
Hello I was banned from posting audio due to a misclick in files and posting a sound clip that was not mine I will take full responsibility for taking that sound clip without permission from RWS but I would like to be unbanned for posting audio that is copyrighted by cry of fear

You've submitted rule breaking content across several Portals, and most of your reviews are low effort and make it appear as tho you'd like a ban there too. Maybe those were mis-clicks too. You show no sign that you want to have fun, enjoy Newgrounds, and be a productive member of the community. You're on a reduced audio ban. Your request is declined.

Do better in the future, and maybe you won't be banned here, and on Steam.