00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

7chains just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Appeal Thread

39,248 Views | 583 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audio Appeal Thread 2021-12-20 17:54:24

Hi there!

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

To keep things moving along, make sure you have done the following FIRST:

• Filed an appeal for the claim on your account
  • Included as much relevant information about the appeal as possible
  • Remember that humans get to read it, and if you're just being a wanker about it we will be less inclined to be supportive
  • The above apply but you goofed and closed the appeal on your end accidentally

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2021-12-29 21:38:21 (edited 2021-12-29 21:39:05)

Hi, I was banned for making a song and me and a YouTuber called Epic score both used the same loop software and there was a part in the songs that sound very similar, but it is not stolen as there are changes

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2021-12-30 11:55:57

At 12/29/21 09:38 PM, Nauticau wrote: loop software

I found the problem. We're very clear about stock loop use in the terms.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-01-03 11:52:23

https://zeylonox.newgrounds.com/news/post/1233695 this is my appeal (sorry if it's horrible i am not good at appealing XD)

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-01-08 04:40:11 (edited 2022-01-08 04:41:07)

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/12349 I used the same instrument which was used by other guy. I hope you could do something

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-01-08 12:20:14

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Peregrinus wrote: Hi there!

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

I was banned because I used a program with stock loops. How do I get my privileges back?

1:37 ───ㅇ─────3:45 ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

↺ REPEAT ‖ PAUSE ≫ NEXT SONG

Former fan of the general forums. Artist, Twitter hater, loser, bad poet.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-01-08 18:17:22

At 1/8/22 12:20 PM, rocknight1991 wrote: I was banned because I used a program with stock loops. How do I get my privileges back?

You wait for the ban to expire, and use the time to find and practice a new program.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-01-08 18:32:22

At 1/8/22 06:17 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
At 1/8/22 12:20 PM, rocknight1991 wrote: I was banned because I used a program with stock loops. How do I get my privileges back?
You wait for the ban to expire, and use the time to find and practice a new program.

how long do the bans last

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-01-08 22:44:38

At 1/8/22 06:32 PM, rocknight1991 wrote:

Anywhere from 1 day to permanent.

Yours isn't permanent. You would have received a private message about your lenth.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-01-09 07:30:51

At 1/8/22 10:44 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
At 1/8/22 06:32 PM, rocknight1991 wrote:
Anywhere from 1 day to permanent.

Yours isn't permanent. You would have received a private message about your lenth.

The ban message didn't say it's length. It just said I'm banned.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-01-10 15:45:27

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-01-23 02:51:18 (edited 2022-01-23 02:51:34)

heeey

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-01-25 05:32:10

Hi! i made a song about a month ago (cant exactly remember when but it was a while ago), and i wanted to upload it to ng.

When i uploaded the song i suddenly saw a message which implied that my song has copyright infringement, which is odd, since i made it from scratch. the song my song presumably infringed is called "in my name" by flavio jevens, i was curious why my song supposedly infringed that song so i tried to look it up and listen to it to find out the problem, however, after searching up the song numerous times in numerous music services, i couldnt find the song! this kinda lets me down as i was really excited to get my own song on ng, and seeing that it infringed a song i cant even find anywhere is even more peculiar to me. i hope my song can get published nonetheless, seeing its my original song, not even inspired by another song. the song i tried to publish is called "scrap metal churn". many thanks and i hope this can be resolved!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-01-26 19:51:37

Something which some folks seem to be missing is that the program isn't just looking at copyright audio. It also picks up on stock loops from your Digital Audio Workstation programs which you plop in, which is where many of these comparisons to songs which seem unlike yours come from.

As per the rules, you're all reminded that plopping stock loops into your tracks is not allowed. This also applies to specific software such as Groovepad, Soundation, Soundtrap, Music Maker Jam, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-01-27 10:47:00

Be polite.

hellu i have a problem

the other day i tryed to submit a song that was a remix of montley crew from post malone using an acapella distorted version of the lyrics and my own instrumentals...

at the time i didn´t knew that was not allowed to submit so i got banned for it by p-bot

after that i reached to the adecuate information on how to submit audio stuff

but now i want to upload a fully original song but im still banned for that silly mistake i did when trying to submit that remix

and i tryed reaching out to some administrators but they didn´t answered until one of them tod me to reach to this trend

pls pls pls can u help me out un this one???

thank u very much 😊

I LOVE U SO MUCH

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-01-27 17:02:41

At 1/27/22 10:47 AM, DEE-DEE-DUUDUU77 wrote: at the time i didn´t knew that was not allowed

You would have clicked "agree" to the rules twice in order to submit the audio, so that's on you. I've converted it from permanent to a 6 month, as you done goofed twice.

Also your FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS appeal is closed. Ear damaging audio is not acceptable.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-01-28 05:13:32

At 1/27/22 05:02 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
At 1/27/22 10:47 AM, DEE-DEE-DUUDUU77 wrote: at the time i didn´t knew that was not allowed
You would have clicked "agree" to the rules twice in order to submit the audio, so that's on you. I've converted it from permanent to a 6 month, as you done goofed twice.

Also your FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS appeal is closed. Ear damaging audio is not acceptable.

wellp the feliz cumpleaños thing was a silly experiment i made while testing my submision options but that was long time agu

anyways im okey with that 6 month bann it better than not boing able to submit my sweet pieces

so thx

I LOVE U SO MUCH

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-01-29 15:48:19

Be polite.

Hi so I accidentally closed the appeal on my end (lol) but I had my FIRST EVER SONG that I posted to the site flagged for copyright, due to a storm sound that I included in it for effect. It was uncopyrighted, but reading through the rules I saw that stock loops aren’t allowed and that rule might also apply to sound effects :P

I’d really like to post on the site so even just removing the post so I can remove the problematic sound would be great :) Sorry to bother but it was one hell of a way to start using newgrounds haha

Unfortunately I’m not able to provide the link to the site I got the sound from, due to the fact that I acquired the sound almost 6 months ago when I originally worked on the piece, and I didn’t document where I got it from.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-01-29 15:54:04

At 1/29/22 03:48 PM, Myxolydian wrote: Hi so I accidentally closed the appeal on my end (lol)

GG

I gave it a listen and it seems fine. You should be able to publish it and do whatever, the ban was reversed.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-01-29 15:57:07

At 1/29/22 03:54 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
At 1/29/22 03:48 PM, Myxolydian wrote: Hi so I accidentally closed the appeal on my end (lol)
GG

I gave it a listen and it seems fine. You should be able to publish it and do whatever, the ban was reversed.

Thank you so much :))) I’ll try not to push it with sound effects like that in the future

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-04 00:38:48 (edited 2022-02-04 00:39:24)

Be polite.

I was banned from the audio portal for making a cover of ruler of everything by tally hall so I wanna get unbanned please I'm sorry for making that audio

I'm a gamer/vlogger/animator

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-04 06:41:52

At 2/4/22 12:38 AM, Mrg19998 wrote: I was banned from the audio portal for making a cover of ruler of everything by tally hall so I wanna get unbanned please I'm sorry for making that audio

That was a ban by a mod not the program. I just listened to the audio in question, it's not a cover, it's just plain stolen. Pitching something up a few times doesn't make it yours.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-04 10:13:58

At 2/4/22 06:41 AM, Peregrinus wrote:
At 2/4/22 12:38 AM, Mrg19998 wrote: I was banned from the audio portal for making a cover of ruler of everything by tally hall so I wanna get unbanned please I'm sorry for making that audio
That was a ban by a mod not the program. I just listened to the audio in question, it's not a cover, it's just plain stolen. Pitching something up a few times doesn't make it yours.

I will promise I will make original audio

I'm a gamer/vlogger/animator

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-04 20:08:01

At 2/4/22 07:41 PM, nosogla wrote: It hasn’t been 3 days or more, but I feel as if it’s alright to ask (I received the infraction notice and accidentally closed the appeal within the same day) so, I made a song in GarageBand, and GarageBand provides apple loops. Me and someone else used the same apple loop, and the copyright detector noticed a “match” (it was really just the apple loop) and put me on hold from creating or editing audio, and that sucks, because I not only closed the appeal, but also have made another, better song using better software, but I can’t release it. If I need to give any more info, I can.

Edit note: I want to say that I use only one apple loop, and Apple provides these to GarageBand users, I don’t see why I could be denied an appeal for using these.

You gotta keep away from the lööps. I'll change it off a permanent but the rules about loops will be enforced in this case:

You may not use stock loops/samples in an unoriginal arrangement.

There are plenty of pre-made loop packages available. Simply mixing these loops isn't your own original work; you will need to make more effort to create something unique.

Music made with Groovepad and similar software falls under the stock loops category.

Take the time to look at your pending submission and see about getting away from just dropping a GarageBand loop onto the workspace.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-05 07:16:43

Well, about a month ago I wanted to upload my song named "mushroom party II" (you can find it on YT, unfortunately can't change my username on NG you know why) and it was matched to another song "Twinkle" by Enes Yavuz. I closed the appeal because didn't even know what's that, and I don't know what to do now. I can't upload my other songs :(

btw, I posted a comment on 8th January, but haven't got the answer. I hope you'll unban me and I'll continue uploading my songs.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-05 10:34:14

At 2/5/22 07:16 AM, EgorPLAYbel wrote: stuff

Resolved via PM

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-07 09:51:59

Hi. I was banned for uploading my own song (for which I own the rights).

It's actually an official remix for a small artist that I could have released as original, and even the bot recognized it as my own remix. Either way, both parties are fine with having it here.

Appeal link here. Original SC upload here (the profile linked to this newgrounds account).

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-08 22:06:00

Hi!

I was flagged for copyright infringement on my song, Big Float, probably because I had it uploaded elsewhere like spotify and youtube before I put it up on here. It's not infringement of copyright because I wrote the song and it is my sole property. I had the song stolen from me and put up on an nft website as well, just a day or two ago, just before I uploaded here, so that also might've triggered a false copyright notice.

Hope you can help me out, I appreciate it!

Check out my work here! Thanks in advance <3

https://linktr.ee/crashtroid

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-09 06:55:51

At 2/8/22 03:29 AM, krixic wrote: I was banned from uploading audio for uploading a song with random notes as a joke, it had two copyright claims however both claims were nothing similar to my audio anyway.

Ban modified. Check PM for info.

At 2/8/22 10:06 PM, Crashtroid wrote: Hi!

Resolved

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-14 05:08:59

I made a song that triggered P-Bot, but I closed the appeal thinking I'd be able to upload other songs because this one was not finished anyway. Would appreciate if I could get unbanned :)))