00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SomeApe just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds

3,827 Views | 79 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

title says it all

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-08-31 16:32:19

YouTube has more mainstream appeal of course, but I prefer posting on Newgrounds as it's a lot easier to reach people on here since it's a very artist-orientated platform. And the front page is the same for everyone and it's hand-picked so that helps a lot of people gain an audience which I think is pretty cool.

BBS Signature

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-08-31 16:37:01

yt sucks. ng all the way

BBS Signature

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-08-31 16:52:32

I refuse to have my stuff monetized if I'm not gonna see a dime of it. Newgrounds 4ever bby

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-08-31 23:33:50

I prefer posting and doing more of my own thing on NG. YT is okay but only for its videos. NG has everything I like, love, and need. NG has a bunch of cool people too.

𝓰𝓻𝓲𝓶 𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓸𝓮

ɴɢ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇꜱᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʀᴋ ᴘɪᴍᴇɴᴛᴏ ɪꜱ ᴄᴏᴏʟ

BBS Signature

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-01 16:50:57

my opinion: i like both youtube and newgrounds

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-03 18:07:00

Is that even a question? Of course it's the Ground of New.

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-03 19:00:55

Easily Newgrounds. Especially for animation, YouTube just hasn't been even close to good recently, meanwhile Newgrounds has pretty much always been important for independent, online animation.

Ponies, animation and sluggishly learning how to draw.

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-03 19:03:02

Youtube

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-03 20:01:59

That's like going to a cannibal camp and asking which is better, people or steak?

We enjoy steak here good sir.

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-03 21:45:52

YouTube for info educational stuff on the scene video tutorial type stuff some entertainment

Ng for entertaining toons and awesome animation

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-06 13:13:12

YT has no soul. NG is more of a community, and it's so much easier to find really good, indie-underdog animations, cus that's basically all that's uploaded. I will say YT has some good educational videos, and as someone who liked classical music, YT is good for that. Pros & cons ignored, generally I much prefer NG :))

penis

BBS Signature

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-06 15:07:50

well im more into both but i dont know about rumble for now ill go for newgrounds for the rated m animations

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-06 16:04:05

At 8/31/23 04:02 PM, SuperGibaLogan wrote: title says it all

For posting music, Newgrounds. I have to make a video if I want to upload my music to YouTube.

pfp: BellieQwQ | website: jaypedia.xyz | bandcamp: thejayjay.bandcamp.com

thanq yuo

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-06 16:07:56

As for posting? Newgrounds

If it was still 2006, I might say YouTube as well but YouTube too mainstream to post animation on there nowadays

Fuck

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-06 16:45:20

neither, funny.com solos them both.

DONT BOTHER ME, OKAY?

Newgrounds as a platform is infinitely more engaging, much more fair and supportive to content creators, smaller yet tight-knit community, the support team actually fucking answers back, we have more historical value, our logo is better, we're not owned by google, our CEO is 20x cooler AND we have free refreshments.

xoxo 💋 (ps: okay I guess you can watch TRW)

BBS Signature

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-06 17:52:07

newgrounds does a much better job at showing talented people's works to the public. I have sean animators that only get a few views on youtube, but on newgrounds their animations get on the front page

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-06 19:47:49

Newgrounds is better :D

I like to make animations :)

BBS Signature

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-06 20:04:30

YT has more videos and stuff I want but NG has the people AND the art I like so it's even

Ok, but does Newgrounds have mandarin metal music? Exactly.

But in all seriousness, Newgrounds solos. Like, I like YouTube if I'm just wanting to shovel content into my brainhole, but if I'm actually looking for content, I'll use Newgrounds.

Your (former) resident furfag on NG!

"SHAMWOW IS NOT OXYCLEAN, A DOG IS NOT A BROTHER. HOW DARE YOU SHRUG CLYDE'S LOSS OFF SO EASILY." ~ Billy Mays

BBS Signature

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-06 20:51:18

ever watched youtube shorts? it's like watching a dumpster fire

Best regards

BBS Signature

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-06 21:11:56

This is such a tricky question for me. If either of these sites were nuked out of existence I would be in despair. I would have to go with Youtube. Though I love the creative energy that Newgrounds has, Youtube allows for a wider variety of stuff to watch. Newgrounds allows for only animation while Youtube allows for animation, essay videos, gaming content, meme edits, etc.

Not saying that Newgrounds animation only policy is a bad thing, it filters out all of the low effort trash that you find on Youtube and Tik Tok. But with that rule, it also filters out all of the high-effort stuff that just so happens to not be animation.

Not to mention there's a lot of artists/animators who are only on Youtube and not NG due to Youtube being more mainstream.

I'm a fuckin Grimbo Jimbo

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-06 21:25:45

At 8/31/23 11:33 PM, tanoieyt wrote: I prefer posting and doing more of my own thing on NG. YT is okay but only for its videos. NG has everything I like, love, and need. NG has a bunch of cool people too.

WAIT ALSO, imo it’s not as exciting when someone like in YT that u like: like your comment or smth comparing to ng idk how to explain it????

𝓰𝓻𝓲𝓶 𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓸𝓮

ɴɢ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇꜱᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʀᴋ ᴘɪᴍᴇɴᴛᴏ ɪꜱ ᴄᴏᴏʟ

BBS Signature

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-06 21:56:50

For animation specifically, it feels better on NG. YT is better geared for stuff that's easier to produce, most of which you don't need to pay full attention to. They each have their place, but I'll just say I don't multitask when I'm watching something here.

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-07 07:28:42

I think overall I spend more time on Youtube, just because it has a wider variety of content. But ever since I changed my newgrounds bookmark to the feed I've found myself spending more time passively checking out stuff here. Whenever I see an animation/animator on youtube, one of the first things I do is check to see if they have a Newgrounds account.

BBS Signature

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-11 05:56:13

Youtube is just an aging fucked up platform for most degenerates to have an inner circle on there. I won't dare say it's terrible as a viewer, but I won't dare say it's great knowing the people in charge on this platform and the possible rabbit holes that are bound to fuck up everyones day.

In short, I would go for Newgrounds as a content creator and limit the use of YouTube since it has some informative content and independent artists. I'll be making changes for now since Newgrounds isn't dead.

Tumblr now avaliable!

BBS Signature

Newgrounds, better rating system and has quality control. and they don't think animation is only for kids.

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-09-27 15:21:49

I prefer Newgrounds.

Response to WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFER: youtube or newgrounds 2023-10-01 16:30:16

I like both.

Check out the Hell Alex Animated Trailer on Newgrounds!

Check out the Hell Alex Animated Trailer on Youtube!

BBS Signature