00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Iva0413 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Whats something you HATE about your art?

1,357 Views | 83 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-21 00:19:44

I can't make consistent head angles and the shoulder arm transition is just really dang hard for me.

Quinnfinity NG

BBS Signature

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-21 00:46:53

I do it very fast. I feel that the quality of my art is based on the time I give to create it, although sometimes also on the idea (the idea always appears out of nowhere and from time to time [rarely -I think-]).

Dear the user AngelLOL123 ;D

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-21 00:50:16

At 4/17/24 05:46 AM, Dr-Freebase wrote: To add variety to the postings here:

Positivity about what you do and create is great and all, but nobody improves without critical self-reflection

So...

Whats something you absolutely despise about your current art and want to eliminate? More importantly, how do you plan on working past or around it?

- For me, I find that my illustration quality has mostly stagnated over the past few years, and at times has had massive decreases in quality. Continuing to make illustrations mindlessly hasnt helped with this.

-The way I plan to tackle this issue is to move away from static illustrations and towards animations or short comics, as they seem to improve quality-wise each time I attempt them, and can often reveil inadiquecies that I was unable to see before. I also should do lighting and texture studies, as im pretty weak in those catagories.

I suck at limbs! Especially arms! You may notice on some of my art the arms may look extremely weird or odd in some way.

Do you like ghosts? Then Join Me!

BBS Signature

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-21 11:34:57

Well, I had stuff that I hate like wanting to make EVERT SINGLE ARTISTIC THING EVER. painting? comics?? animations??? 3d stuff??? traditional art??? I NEED TO DO ALL!! ... BUT!! since like 2 weeks agora i'm kinda at peace with what I'm having so far :3

welp

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-21 12:37:03

Positivity about what you do and create is great and all, but nobody improves without critical self-reflection

So...

Whats something you absolutely despise about your current art and want to eliminate? More importantly, how do you plan on working past or around it?

- For me, I find that my illustration quality has mostly stagnated over the past few years, and at times has had massive decreases in quality. Continuing to make illustrations mindlessly hasnt helped with this.

-The way I plan to tackle this issue is to move away from static illustrations and towards animations or short comics, as they seem to improve quality-wise each time I attempt them, and can often reveil inadiquecies that I was unable to see before. I also should do lighting and texture studies, as im pretty weak in those catagories.

Soulless eyes that stare into your soul

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-21 13:13:51

I hate that I don’t relate with my art. I try to put myself and senseabilities in there but I feel like I am only tapping into a small percentage of my vision.

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-21 13:15:27

only thing i dislike about my art is how asymmetrical it is…. and how little i get done!!!!!!!!!!! plus the leaning whenever i flip the canvas lol

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-21 13:33:32

i hate that its really hard for me to learn the basics due to my mental state (which isnt the best) so my art ends up looking like a 5 year old drew it

"Has the light gone out for you? Because the light's gone out for me..."

BBS Signature

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-21 16:56:44

I need to work out how to make more interesting shading

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-21 17:35:43

I don't know how rendering works so my art looks flat

GRR <-- that's my signature

Pretty ironic how I draw cowboys even though I'm First nations ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-21 18:01:00

ive ALWAYS struggled with the "building 3d shapes" you do in art class and you can really easily tell. I think of stuff being flat and have issues when directly referencing an image. Trying to improve on that, though.

Don't take me seriously :33

BBS Signature

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-21 19:28:04

I haven't unlocked my full potential

At 4/21/24 01:15 PM, J00NSLIVTZ wrote: only thing i dislike about my art is how asymmetrical it is…. and how little i get done!!!!!!!!!!! plus the leaning whenever i flip the canvas lol

moee you flip and fix the art, the more likely you are to not screw it up, I still have trouble with it just gotta keep flipping it

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-22 03:06:55

Less things than before, but the main thing that I hate is that I don't really have an art style. The way how I draw tends to change whenever I improve, I feel like 'my art style' is just my art skills stagnating / getting worse for a period of time. I'm working on getting better at art, but I don't think I will ever have an art style that will stand out from other artists. I wonder how other artists found their own style.

I wanted to become a Vaporeon but I'm always dehydrated.

I post art there : Carrd

BBS Signature

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-22 03:14:50

At 4/22/24 03:06 AM, RamenButLeaf wrote: Less things than before, but the main thing that I hate is that I don't really have an art style. The way how I draw tends to change whenever I improve, I feel like 'my art style' is just my art skills stagnating / getting worse for a period of time. I'm working on getting better at art, but I don't think I will ever have an art style that will stand out from other artists. I wonder how other artists found their own style.

feel like "finding a style" is an overpressed meme and rwally shouldnt be your focus when making art. just exxagerate features that support what your trying to present

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-22 03:19:54

At 4/22/24 03:14 AM, Dr-Freebase wrote:
At 4/22/24 03:06 AM, RamenButLeaf wrote: Less things than before, but the main thing that I hate is that I don't really have an art style. The way how I draw tends to change whenever I improve, I feel like 'my art style' is just my art skills stagnating / getting worse for a period of time. I'm working on getting better at art, but I don't think I will ever have an art style that will stand out from other artists. I wonder how other artists found their own style.
feel like "finding a style" is an overpressed meme and rwally shouldnt be your focus when making art. just exxagerate features that support what your trying to present

I see. Thanks for the advice !

I wanted to become a Vaporeon but I'm always dehydrated.

I post art there : Carrd

BBS Signature

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-22 04:47:37

At 4/21/24 06:01 PM, sleepycarride wrote: ive ALWAYS struggled with the "building 3d shapes" you do in art class and you can really easily tell. I think of stuff being flat and have issues when directly referencing an image. Trying to improve on that, though.

holy fuck im drunk as🥸😍shit vut look n***a you just gottaj jee uhh keep dru drawing shapes n shit then shit your shit will come together like fuckinn majiccand shir noggga just keep at ut uh fuck

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-24 12:48:25

sometimes flipping the canvas is an afterthought lol i rarely do it then get surprised when it comes out all asymmetrical; might do that and make it a top priority

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-24 12:50:27

So...

how my art will degraded

1:37 ───ㅇ─────3:45 ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

↺ REPEAT ‖ PAUSE ≫ NEXT SONG

Former fan of the general forums. Artist, Twitter hater, loser, bad poet.

BBS Signature

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-24 13:15:49

Honestly, the fact that what I draw never feels... finished, the way other artists works feel. I just look at my work and feel like no matter what I do, it's never... enough.

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-25 06:52:59

Im slaking

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-25 11:14:53

There's a couple things I don't like, it all depends on the day I'm having creative wise. Maybe I hate my use of colors, maybe I hate how stiff all my poses are, maybe I hate how all my art is usually just one character standing and smiling on a 1/3 angle and Maybe I just hate the type of brushes I use (since I do digital art mostly).

Though I try to be an optimistic person, my art isn't bad at all! Sure there's some imperfections but art isn't about being perfect or good. ITS ABOUT MAKING SHIT AND HAVING FUN!

Anyway I'll probably improve these by looking at tutorials and practicing, or maybe observing how others do art. That's- kinda how I started to improve in the first place lol

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-25 16:26:18

At 4/25/24 06:52 AM, drag0nfish wrote: Im slaking

iu_1194573_11718640.jpg

I would go outside and touch grass, but unfortunately there's an obstacle known as

BBS Signature

Response to Whats something you HATE about your art? 2024-04-25 18:18:48

One day my friend pointed out that I "draw girls w/o ribcages" and that thought has been haunting me ever since.

I also don't like that I struggle to draw interesting concepts. Like I easily get stuck in a pretty anime girl rut.