00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zeketendo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,003,797 Views | 60,750 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 09:24:15

Sir! Every soldier must feel as id we are on DEFCON 1 at all times. We cannot afford to be lazy on these BB days... I would sooner loose a limb than miss a new submission.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 10:17:05

At 12/8/05 09:24 AM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: Sir! Every soldier must feel as id we are on DEFCON 1 at all times. We cannot afford to be lazy on these BB days... I would sooner loose a limb than miss a new submission.

Excellent senitiments, SIR! I shall re-locate to the portal at once *salutes*

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 10:19:08

At 12/8/05 02:08 AM, Frostbreath wrote: Is that the official system, adjusted to fit in with portal activities or just something thought up? If it's the second one, it's a great measurment of activity.

This is the official system, sir, that I just tweaked to be Portal-specific.

We were at DEFCON 1 with the onslaught of Legendary Frog spoofs and Star Syndicate submits. However, after the diedown, we are current lowered to DEFCON 3. Expect further Portal activity until after midnight.
I must've missed that i'm afraid. Timezones make things a bit tricky. But on weekends, timezones don't mean squat. I intend to extend my time in duty.

It wasn't a long time, sir...maybe an hour or two.

-----------

Master Sergeant Coop83, you are dead on with your analysis, sir!

At 12/8/05 08:19 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 12/7/05 11:57 PM, EagleRock wrote: Before I forget, soldiers, let me state the new DEFCON system of the Portal...
Wow im very impressed, I love the idea, i was getting a good amount of that LF SS today so all is good on my part...

~X~

Thank you, SIR! Also, thank you for your assistance on the Portal! Hooah!

At 12/8/05 09:15 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 12/8/05 08:36 AM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: Sir! So would I... Quite slow at the moment isn't it? But the system is nice.
True, the system is nice, but this defcon 4 promotes lazyness amongst the soilders.
At 12/8/05 09:24 AM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: Sir! Every soldier must feel as id we are on DEFCON 1 at all times. We cannot afford to be lazy on these BB days... I would sooner loose a limb than miss a new submission.

I must respectfully disagree with both of you, sirs. We must be on the Portal as much as possible to keep the Portal protected. However, take early-morining Portal activity...only one or two entrants come on the Portal every hour! You can protect the Portal with minimal effort at that time, which lends to the idea of a low DEFCON level. As Master Sergeant Coop83 gave us five examples of Portal activities corresponding to the DEFCON levels, it shows the severity of the Portal's activities. I'll give a few more below to clarify:

DEFCON 5 - Peacetime

Early morning Portal (0200 hours - 0600 hours) - Few entrants on the Portal in total, no suspected attacks at all. Please note this does NOT condone laziness! This simply lets you know that few entrants will come on at all, and the probability that an attack occurs is very low. Time required to fully monitor the Portal in DEFCON 5 is mere minutes an hour.

DEFCON 4 - Peacetime with increased intel ops and security

General Portal activity - This includes daytime activity, when the Portal normally has around an entry every few minutes or so.
"Day" threats - This is during a "day," such as Clock Day, where massive Portal entries are around 24-hours, yet the entries are still low.

DEFCON 3 - Increased Elite Guard Readiness

Mild Attacks Suspected - This lends itself to peak Portal hours, where attacks can come at any minutes. During these times, at least a dozen entrants come to the Portal every few minutes, so attacks are bound to happen. Always be on alert at these times.

DEFCON 2 - Further Increased Elite Guard Readiness

Steady and Persistant Attacks - Portal entries are high, as in peak hours, but many of them are bad entries, such as "Day" entries or Barney Bunch attacks. Attacks are constant, but not extreme.

DEFCON 1 - Maximum Elite Guard Readiness

Extreme Situations - The Portal is consistently being attacked by a group or several groups who are charging hard and fast. This can be equated to yesterday, when almost every Portal entry was a Star Syndicate entry or a Legendary Frog spoof flash. Times like this are extreme and need maximum Elite Guard involvement to protect against mass voting. Other situations are during "Day" at peak hours. This situation not only has many flash coming through, but smaller groups attemting to "ride the wave," such as the Barney Bunch attacking Milano Day.

Please note that DEFCON 5 does NOT relieve an Elite Guard of their duties, nor does it condone laziness; it simply alerts the Guard to the current DEFense CONdition of the Portal. Note that the DEFCON level can change immediately and before I can post the update (as with last night, when many solders said it should be DEFCON 4 instead of 3. I would have changed it myself, but I was asleep in the Barracks). If an onslaught happens in the middle of the night, you can immediately assume DEFCON 1 and move out to protect the Portal!

I hope my DEFCON system is better explained now, and the intentions are more clear.

WIth that said, I would like to officially move to DEFCON 4, as my superiors have mentioned earlier. Few Portal entries are coming through, so DEFCON 3 is highly unnecessary until peak hours arise.

With that, soldiers, what ARE the peak hours here, exactly? I am usually around for them, but I never note the time. Thank you, fellow Elite Guards! Hooah!

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 10:23:30

Thank you for the clarification, Sergeant. Your actions are as always concise and credable.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 10:34:02

At 12/8/05 10:19 AM, EagleRock wrote: I must respectfully disagree with both of you,

I must say that at very few times I only protect the portal whenever no new submission arrive I find something else to do while like posting or just playing "God of War". Only during extreme attacks I focus on the portal only...

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 10:34:11

At 12/8/05 10:19 AM, EagleRock wrote
I hope my DEFCON system is better explained now, and the intentions are more clear.

Excellent work sir!, lets just see how consistant these updates are though.

WIth that said, I would like to officially move to DEFCON 4, as my superiors have mentioned earlier. Few Portal entries are coming through, so DEFCON 3 is highly unnecessary until peak hours arise.

I completely agree, although there are currently 8 under-judgement some have been there for over an hour.

Thank you, fellow Elite Guards! Hooah!

You should change w00t! to Hooah! in your profile.

just a suggestion

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 10:56:54

This is Bahamut7, reporting duty on my alt account.

At 12/7/05 01:04 PM, EagleRock wrote: Um, 650 SAVES??? I really missed out!

Indeed you did, sir. I got around 333 B/P that day. Seeing the doctor and not knowing voting 5 on shitty flashes would still get the flash to pass. Oh well, 333 is still my record of number of B/P gained in a single day.

At 12/7/05 04:52 PM, major_punk wrote: Gold Ranks
06.) Bahamut7 20000 Elite Guard Brigadier General

Excellent! I stopped RIGHT at 20000 for the update. :)

Also While I was checking the profiles I caught Bahamut7's 20,000 B/P and 9,999 Post. Screenie!

Thanks for that screenshot! Pretty cool combo of acheivements there.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 10:58:46

Hum, about the memberlist, I think it would be good to add the voting power of the members with the rest of the stats. After all, it tells us how efficiently we can fulfill our duty of portal protecting ...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 11:05:29

At 12/8/05 10:19 AM, EagleRock wrote: This is the official system, sir, that I just tweaked to be Portal-specific.

Just as i expected. Nice job, though,

Still, i bet there was lots of points to be gained. That now someone else got :(

At 12/8/05 10:58 AM, -Myst- wrote: Hum, about the memberlist, I think it would be good to add the voting power of the members with the rest of the stats. After all, it tells us how efficiently we can fulfill our duty of portal protecting ...

There more lists, the merrier, right? Plus, you'd probably be on top of the list, too. But yeah, i think that would be a great idea. If Major_punk wants to, that is. I won't push him, if he doesn't want to.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 11:17:03

At 12/8/05 10:58 AM, -Myst- wrote: Hum, about the memberlist, I think it would be good to add the voting power of the members with the rest of the stats. After all, it tells us how efficiently we can fulfill our duty of portal protecting ...

It would be a nice feature I agree, but it just adds that much more work.
You mean something like this?

Rank | Name | B/P | VP | EG Rank

01.) -Myst- 18263, 10.94 Elite Guard Colonel

Ya i guess I could do it. But the list will still be ordered by Blam/Protect and not voting power.
Any other features someone wants to suggest?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 12:04:06

At 12/8/05 10:23 AM, Coop83 wrote: Thank you for the clarification, Sergeant. Your actions are as always concise and credable.

As always, Master Sergeant, sir. My devotion is to the Portal and to protecting it! Hooah!

At 12/8/05 10:34 AM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: I must say that at very few times I only protect the portal whenever no new submission arrive I find something else to do while like posting or just playing "God of War". Only during extreme attacks I focus on the portal only...

That is exactly the point of the DEFCON system, sir. It is a gauge as to how much of your time will be needed at the Portal to achieve full protection. Only during DEFCON 1 will a substantial portion of your time be needed; all other times warrant lower levels of activity for full protection.

At 12/8/05 10:34 AM, major_punk wrote: Excellent work sir!, lets just see how consistant these updates are though.

Every post I make, if needed, will have a DEFCON update at the beginning of the post. If nothing is mentioned, you can assume no DEFCON change.

I completely agree, although there are currently 8 under-judgement some have been there for over an hour.

Of course, sir. That falls under standard Portal duties, though, not warranting anything more than standard Portal protection.

You should change w00t! to Hooah! in your profile.
just a suggestion

It is already done, sir. I have also added e-mail and AIM for my fellow soldiers to contact me if necessary (yeah, right...). I have not changed that message since I came to Newgrounds in January of 2001. That was, of course, when "w00t" was a big word and I was an immature idiot (just like now). I was intending to keep it the same indefinately, but I feel the "Hooah" change is warranted, and makes my profile sound a lot better. Thank you for the suggestion, SIR!

*salutes*

At 12/8/05 10:56 AM, Fucking_Idiot wrote: This is Bahamut7, reporting duty on my alt account.

Welcome, sir!

Indeed you did, sir. I got around 333 B/P that day. Seeing the doctor and not knowing voting 5 on shitty flashes would still get the flash to pass. Oh well, 333 is still my record of number of B/P gained in a single day.

Excellent work, sir! Your work is very strong for such circumstances!

At 12/8/05 11:05 AM, Frostbreath wrote:
At 12/8/05 10:19 AM, EagleRock wrote: This is the official system, sir, that I just tweaked to be Portal-specific.
Just as i expected. Nice job, though,

Well, my thinking, sir, was, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." The system is tried, tested, and true. Therefore, sir, I feel it to be good use for us as well.

Still, i bet there was lots of points to be gained. That now someone else got :(

I only think I got about 2 dozen points for that. It did help me catch up from my quota defecit yesterday, though!

At 12/8/05 11:17 AM, major_punk wrote:

Ya i guess I could do it. But the list will still be ordered by Blam/Protect and not voting power.

That is perfectly fine, sir. Your workload is big enough, and the voting power could simply be an addition the way you said. I do not think any further investment into voting power listings need to be done.

If you feel the voting power addition to the list is too much, feel free to exclude it.

Only the Barracks officer listing at the end, like I suggested earlier. For your convenience, here is the current list (in the order they were delegated):

Chief Barracks Officer - Staff Sergeant EagleRock
Barracks Records Officer - Master Sergeant major_punk
Barracks Portal Operations Officer - Brigadier General TITROTU
Barracks Advancement Officer - General XwaynecoltX
Barracks Relations Officer - Sergeant Major Ghost_Phantom

You can just add these at the end of the list if you wish...no extra list is necessary, nor should the rankings change as a result. Make life simple for yourself, sir!

Other than that, I do not feel anything else is needed for the list. Fellow soldiers, Master Sergeant major_punk has already taken on enough responsibility with the current list, and more additions will simply make it that much harder. Please respect the amount of responsibility your Master Sergeant has already taken up!

Also, to all other soldiers...there are other positions that I suggested (see page 7 if you are interested...)

Thank you for listening, soldiers!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 12:32:28

Sir! Congratulations EagleRock for breaching in the top 500 in b/p. now it gets harder. Right about now I move on 2 places or so a day... keep going Staff Sergeant EagleRock. Sir!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 12:51:22

At 12/8/05 11:17 AM, major_punk wrote:

Sir, I want to add my vote for Colonel -Myst- suggestion, I personally find it's a great idea.

If I want to reach my standards before it's late, I will have to constantly be in alert; I'm a little bit off schedule but I will catch on before the end of the week.

Sig made by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 14:14:45

Gentlemen, I suggest we all ove to the portal, as the is a minor influx of Clock Crew affiliated flash, which would be rated as unacceptable for protection.

LETS MOVE IT!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 14:21:56

DEFCON Update:

Due to the coming of peak hours soon and the minor influx of inferior Clock Crew flash, the DEFCON level has been risen from DEFCON 4 to DEFCON 3. Expect a minor onslaught of inferior Clock Crew flash, and remember NOT to shoot on sight, but vote fairly! As the situation continues, keep watching for DEFCON updates.

At 12/8/05 12:32 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: Sir! Congratulations EagleRock for breaching in the top 500 in b/p. now it gets harder. Right about now I move on 2 places or so a day... keep going Staff Sergeant EagleRock. Sir!

Thank you, Sergeant Major, SIR!

*salutes*

I am honored by this status, and wish to continue onward. My goal is none less than to be a Supreme Commander one day. Surely through my devotion to the Portal and to the Barracks will my superiors see me fit. Thank you for your praise, sir! It is very appreciated!

At 12/8/05 12:51 PM, Snowy_Beast wrote: Sir, I want to add my vote for Colonel -Myst- suggestion, I personally find it's a great idea.

If I want to reach my standards before it's late, I will have to constantly be in alert; I'm a little bit off schedule but I will catch on before the end of the week.

As you wish, Master Sergeant, sir. I just think we must be sensitive to Master Sergeant major_punk's duties, and make sure we do not ask too much of him. Thank you for your input though, sir!

At 12/8/05 02:14 PM, Coop83 wrote: Gentlemen, I suggest we all ove to the portal, as the is a minor influx of Clock Crew affiliated flash, which would be rated as unacceptable for protection.

LETS MOVE IT!

As you can see, I've already updated the DEFCON level. Move out, soldiers! Hooah!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 14:25:39

At 12/8/05 12:04 PM, EagleRock wrote: Welcome, sir!

There's no need to welcome me, sir. I'm just posting with my alt account for a while. Nothinh much.

Excellent work, sir! Your work is very strong for such circumstances!

Thanks, sir.

At 12/8/05 02:21 PM, EagleRock wrote: DEFCON Update:

Alright, thanks for the notice, sir. :) I have seen the info about DEFCON and I'm fine with it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 14:51:53

At 12/8/05 11:17 AM, major_punk wrote: It would be a nice feature I agree, but it just adds that much more work.

Come on officer, is it really that bad?

Exactly, and of course, it has to be sorted by rank.

At 12/8/05 02:21 PM, EagleRock wrote: As you wish, Master Sergeant, sir. I just think we must be sensitive to Master Sergeant major_punk's duties, and make sure we do not ask too much of him. Thank you for your input though, sir!

I think you're underestimating his capacities ... or overestimating the task I'm asking him. It won't take him more than five extra minutes to add it to the list.

By the way, I've sensed a little bit of sarcasm in some officers' reaction toward my proposition. I'll consider it "humor" for now, but they better watch their tone next time or they'll have a lot of fun learning the subtilities of cleaning up the barrack ...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 15:18:40

At 12/8/05 02:21 PM, EagleRock wrote:
As you wish, Master Sergeant, sir. I just think we must be sensitive to Master Sergeant major_punk's duties, and make sure we do not ask too much of him. Thank you for your input though, sir!

That's why we've put our vote of confidence in you Master Sergeant! I can assure you that we will remember you're extra work and you will see the fruits of hard work. I'll place a vote of marksmanship towards you.

Thank You Master Sergeant, thank you sir!

Sig made by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 15:29:19

At 12/8/05 02:25 PM, Fucking_Idiot wrote: There's no need to welcome me, sir. I'm just posting with my alt account for a while. Nothinh much.

Mere formalities, sir. :-)

Alright, thanks for the notice, sir. :) I have seen the info about DEFCON and I'm fine with it.

I am glad you agree, sir. The portal has died down a bit, but since peak time should be starting soon and I wish to keep on alert for the Clock Crew, I will keep the DEFCON level as such until further notice.

At 12/8/05 02:51 PM, -Myst- wrote:
At 12/8/05 02:21 PM, EagleRock wrote: As you wish, Master Sergeant, sir. I just think we must be sensitive to Master Sergeant major_punk's duties, and make sure we do not ask too much of him. Thank you for your input though, sir!
I think you're underestimating his capacities ... or overestimating the task I'm asking him. It won't take him more than five extra minutes to add it to the list.

I am not underestimating our Master Sergeant's capacaties, sir, but rather respecting his other aspects of life. I agree that it won't take much more time, but I think we should respect his time in general and not overload him with tasks.

By the way, I've sensed a little bit of sarcasm in some officers' reaction toward my proposition. I'll consider it "humor" for now, but they better watch their tone next time or they'll have a lot of fun learning the subtilities of cleaning up the barrack ...

I certainly hope you don't mean me, sir! I am merely trying to mitigate the situation here. I am sure any other soldiers here were doing it in jest, as insubordination is very low here, sir. Though, the Barracks could use a cleaning... :-)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 15:34:01

Don't worry Staff Sergeant, I was only playing with Officer Frostbreath's nerves ;)

I'm not here to give orders, you are all qualified officiers able to take care of any possible portal-related duties. I'm not the higher in rank anyway.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 16:17:34

Sir, it is amazing that the topic is 11 pages long already. :) I am excited that I have managed to keep my pace in the exam week, sir. Hopefully, I will be a First Lieutenant before the next update. End of my report, sir!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 16:20:44

At 12/8/05 04:17 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: Hopefully, I will be a First Lieutenant before the next update. End of my report, sir!

Well, you've got that rank in your sights. As do I with Sergaent Major, which I hope to have achieved by tomorrow at the latest.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 16:22:02

At 12/7/05 10:21 PM, major_punk wrote: stuff

-----------
Dude, r u sure that we don't have any EG Second Lieutenant? ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 16:31:52

At 12/8/05 04:22 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: Dude, r u sure that we don't have any EG Second Lieutenant? ;)

Well, not as members of the club. We are trying to get more people to show up and take part, but these things take time. By the time another 2nd Lt shows up, I'll probably have reached that rank.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 16:37:49

At 12/8/05 03:50 PM, Keightley wrote: Here to share some intel. There has been another attack of the Barney Bunch. in the Authors comments, a BB forum was mentioned. i have found the forum, and infiltrated it. gathering intel as you read this (emails, usernames). there are 40 registerd members

PO Keightley

Thank you officer. Continue infiltration. It would be greatly appreciated if your Barracks could share intellegence with us; as we shall will with you. If u could give the link, I'd gladly assist!

Sig provided by HellboundNinja

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 16:42:48

Sorry for the double post trrops, but there has been another BB submission out onto the portal. I encourage all to assist in its eternal blamnation. Private -Mitsubishi-, over and out! *Salutes*

http://www.newground..m/portal/view/282579

Sig provided by HellboundNinja

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 16:44:31

I have done my duty to blam that flash sir.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 16:45:20

At 12/8/05 04:42 PM, -Mitsubishi- wrote: Sorry for the double post trrops, but there has been another BB submission out onto the portal. I encourage all to assist in its eternal blamnation. Private -Mitsubishi-, over and out! *Salutes*

It is already condemned by myself.

Dammit. I'm running out of Blamunition!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 16:51:22

At 12/8/05 04:31 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 12/8/05 04:22 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: Dude, r u sure that we don't have any EG Second Lieutenant? ;)
Well, not as members of the club. We are trying to get more people to show up and take part, but these things take time. By the time another 2nd Lt shows up, I'll probably have reached that rank.

----------
Hey, you do know that I am a member here, don't you? So there should be a Second Lt. :) Anyway, there have been quite a few BB and StarSydinate gay moives----I love free blam points. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 17:14:44

At 12/8/05 04:51 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote:
----------
Hey, you do know that I am a member here, don't you? So there should be a Second Lt. :)

Ofcourse your a member here Second Lieutenant Dream_of_Duke.
*checks back to page 9*
My mistake I didnt add you to the membership list, youll be there next update in the gold ranks.