00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

jellychuz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,003,675 Views | 60,750 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 09:00:34

At 12/7/05 08:53 AM, the_phantom16 wrote: Thank god you are not a foamy hater... So many that hate with no decent reason. I like his movies too... but in his recent movies you can see he is lonely. He is showing so much ass and boobs I can't help thinking that illwillpress is lonely...

Erither that, or he just has little inspiration. His ideas will come around, but he is plagued by the emails from the perverts, demanding to see more germaineflesh (TM)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 09:20:18

At 12/6/05 07:33 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Hello -Myst- glad to see an old friend around these parts :-) now dont get in my way haha j/k its like old times...

~X~

Like old times, but 4 or 5 levels higher, with a vp twice as strong and with people apparently not insane ;)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 10:18:26

At 12/7/05 09:20 AM, -Myst- wrote: Like old times, but 4 or 5 levels higher, with a vp twice as strong and with people apparently not insane ;)

Yep thats true...

This morning has been very slow in the portal and late lastnight aswell, maybe later in the day it will pick up...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 10:31:51

At 12/7/05 04:48 AM, EnglishPhantom wrote: Yes the clocks, locks, glocks and others are a really pain when trying to keep the portal clear of shit flashes.
Most give up voting fairly on clockday and it becomes more "I want the points, so let the flashes in."

Well, Captain, sir, I do admit that some of these flashes do have quality to them. I mean, plenty are bad, sir, as you claim, but some of the Clock Crew work especially shows plenty of flash skill and quality worthy of the Portal.

At 12/7/05 05:57 AM, Coop83 wrote: You ahve me a little out of context here, Sergeant. I mean that I want to work the portal, but there are never enough movies to sate my ravenous appetite for judgement. I turn up and there is only about five movies on occasion. I nned at least 20, to make me feel like I have done a decent shift

I didn't really meant to take you out of context, Master Sergeant, sir. I was merely stating that your best is obviously good enough to take you to Master Sergeant, even despite the adversity of having bad timing on the Portal. Just remember that any work you do on the Portal is good work, and will be counted towards you. Instead of getting run down by only a few flash, embrace them and take what you can! I'm sure you'll run into good days when you have more time and can really show the Portal insurgents what's for! Hooah!

At 12/7/05 08:23 AM, the_phantom16 wrote: On that I must agree with you fellow phantom. People want only the points and don't care what goes in as long as they have the point...But I remember a flash that no person got a point on in any way. When Tom first uploaded the massive littlefoot he deleted it because something was wrong. The score at death was 5/5. Any way I struggle with these point chasers all the time so I know how they act on the __ock days...

You make an excellent point, Master Sergeant, sir. However, remember to not shoot first and ask questions later! Some of the flash by the names of these *ock groups are good. In particular, some Clock Crew flash are actually good, which I vote 5 on simply based on flash quality. Rather than holding a bias towards these groups, I fairly evaluate them based on the others. HOWEVER, sir, certain groups (Barney Bunch, Apple Army, and whoever does that "Gost" stuff), just never seem to cut it, no matter how many chances I give them. My discretion on the Portal might be nicer than yours, sir, but don't be under the impression that I blindly let people pass my path on the Portal. I simply take each one in stride.

At 12/7/05 08:49 AM, Coop83 wrote: But you should remember, quantity is not equal to quality

Definately, sir. However, as our Captain said, the people submitting these files are not new to flash, sir. If someone you KNOW is a good flash artist makes a flash that is 9MB, you KNOW each MB is put towards a lot, and not just some uncompressed audio file that wasn't cropped for a 15-second flash animation. Generally speaking, if you are a flash guru, size does depict quality...to a point.

I protected Dad n' me, plus Bitey of Brackenwood. I'm a mainstay on protecting illwillpress and Weebl flashes, as I'm online when they are submitted, but I also like them, which helps.

I frankly do not understand the big deal against illwillpress, sir! If you simply take the flash for its quality, illwillpress has excellent quality to his work! If you take it in by simply dialogue, I think it's rather funny, even if the statements are a bit vitriol. However, add the fact that a high-pitched squirrel is ranting to you about everyday things, and you have yourself some funny viewing material! I'm not a "fanboy," as some would call it, but I do find his work has merit and deserves to be passed at the very least. Thank you for agreeing with me, sir! (As well as you, Master Sergeant the_phantom16, sir.)

At 12/7/05 09:00 AM, Coop83 wrote: Erither that, or he just has little inspiration. His ideas will come around, but he is plagued by the emails from the perverts, demanding to see more germaineflesh (TM)

Fully agreed, sir. Frankly, sir, I think people so obsessed with Germaine really need to search the darker realms of the Internet for sustinence. I think the flood of e-mails would hinder anyone's ability to do work, despite the fact that flashwork of that quality takes just plain time, even with tons of ideas.

I am glad my fellow soldiers are as impartial as possible when dealing with flash, as it shows the quality of the soldiers in the esteemed Elite Guard. We are truly holding up our name as the supreme protectors of the Portal! Hooah!

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 10:41:08

At 12/6/05 01:11 PM, EagleRock wrote: And, sir, recruiting is important to the life of the Barracks, so it will always be a priority for me, sir. I am glad you are pleased with the Barracks, Lieutenant Colonel, sir, and wish to keep it that way! Hooah!

Good to such good spirit, and I can say that your superior commanders are glad to promote you Staff Sergeant Eagle.

Move out!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 10:50:47

At 12/7/05 08:49 AM, Coop83 wrote: I protected Dad n' me, plus Bitey of Brackenwood. I'm a mainstay on protecting illwillpress and Weebl flashes, as I'm online when they are submitted, but I also like them, which helps.

You're very lucky to save those sort of flashes, sir. I could've saved littleFoot when it was under judgement, but as soon as I clicked on it, it already passed. At least I got a save point from some well known flashes such as O.N.E. and Decline Xmas.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 11:03:42

At 12/7/05 10:41 AM, Andersson wrote: Good to such good spirit, and I can say that your superior commanders are glad to promote you Staff Sergeant Eagle.

Move out!

Thank you for your vote of confidence, SIR!

*salutes*

At 12/7/05 10:50 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: You're very lucky to save those sort of flashes, sir. I could've saved littleFoot when it was under judgement, but as soon as I clicked on it, it already passed. At least I got a save point from some well known flashes such as O.N.E. and Decline Xmas.

Youa re certainly right, Brigadier General, sir! It is great to be able to observe the best when they first come on the portal, sir! I remember seeing Madness Redeemer when it first came out, and having the honor of voting it a 5. After I left my tenure here for over a year (I was a mere citizen back then), I came back to see how much it had grown! Quite the excellent feeling doing our duty, isn't it sir?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 11:10:16

At 12/7/05 10:31 AM, EagleRock wrote: I didn't really meant to take you out of context, Master Sergeant, sir. I was merely stating that your best is obviously good enough to take you to Master Sergeant, even despite the adversity of having bad timing on the Portal. Just remember that any work you do on the Portal is good work, and will be counted towards you. Instead of getting run down by only a few flash, embrace them and take what you can! I'm sure you'll run into good days when you have more time and can really show the Portal insurgents what's for! Hooah!

Well, I am trying to make it up to the top of the NCO tree by the end of the week. Only about another 75 points to go :D

Definately, sir. However, as our Captain said, the people submitting these files are not new to flash, sir. If someone you KNOW is a good flash artist makes a flash that is 9MB, you KNOW each MB is put towards a lot, and not just some uncompressed audio file that wasn't cropped for a 15-second flash animation. Generally speaking, if you are a flash guru, size does depict quality...to a point.

To a point, but I try not just to think about a protection point. What I really try to determine is what sort of protection it will be. Will it be a 'scraper' (2), a 'good' (3), an 'excellent' (4) or a 'top of the class' (5)

If I am going to blam, I just give a 0. Giving a 1 might make it a turd of the week, which I view as a pointless award, which only users liek Strawberry Clock go for.

I am glad my fellow soldiers are as impartial as possible when dealing with flash, as it shows the quality of the soldiers in the esteemed Elite Guard. We are truly holding up our name as the supreme protectors of the Portal! Hooah!

Agreed. TO THE PORTAL!

At 12/7/05 10:50 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: You're very lucky to save those sort of flashes, sir. I could've saved littleFoot when it was under judgement, but as soon as I clicked on it, it already passed. At least I got a save point from some well known flashes such as O.N.E. and Decline Xmas.

I have been blessed with decent timing, Sir.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 11:23:24

At 12/7/05 10:31 AM, EagleRock wrote: You make an excellent point, Master Sergeant, sir...

Sir! Actually… Sergeant Major. I do agree with regarding watching movies first… But movies can be deceptive on many levels… the ebaumsworld dot com flash has a very basic pre loader but the movie is great. While this movie by a non-American author named “Troy” has been going around it starts with great quality and 30 seconds in it changes to the level of a 5 year old… So flash can come in all ways Sir.

(As well as you, Master Sergeant the_phantom16, sir.)

Sir,*cough* Sergeant Major *cough* Sir!

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 12:07:18

At 12/7/05 11:10 AM, Coop83 wrote: I have been blessed with decent timing, Sir.

Indeed you have. Those good flashes in the top 50. I either wasn't a B/Per back then or it was submitted after I went off the interent.

At 12/7/05 11:45 AM, Andersson wrote: I saved:

You lucky son of a bitch. That did remind me of myself saving Lord of the Clocks flash on Clock Day. Ah, such a good day that was and such a very good flash that was. :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 12:35:03

At 12/7/05 12:07 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: You lucky son of a bitch.

It seems like everyone submit their work while I am awake and ready for combat, sir. ;-)

That did remind me of myself saving Lord of the Clocks flash on Clock Day. Ah, such a good day that was and such a very good flash that was. :)

Yes, it was a really good day. I got more than 650 saves (I believe it was), sir.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 13:04:08

At 12/7/05 11:10 AM, Coop83 wrote: Well, I am trying to make it up to the top of the NCO tree by the end of the week. Only about another 75 points to go :D

Congratulations, sir! I'm sure it will come soon enough!

To a point, but I try not just to think about a protection point. What I really try to determine is what sort of protection it will be. Will it be a 'scraper' (2), a 'good' (3), an 'excellent' (4) or a 'top of the class' (5)

If I am going to blam, I just give a 0. Giving a 1 might make it a turd of the week, which I view as a pointless award, which only users liek Strawberry Clock go for.

That is generally the way I work as well, sir. I have no problems giving a 1 though, especially if I feel bad about someone that worked hard yet still doesn't have flash that peforms.

Agreed. TO THE PORTAL!

Hooah!

At 12/7/05 11:23 AM, the_phantom16 wrote: Sir! Actually… Sergeant Major. I do agree with regarding watching movies first… But movies can be deceptive on many levels… the ebaumsworld dot com flash has a very basic pre loader but the movie is great. While this movie by a non-American author named “Troy” has been going around it starts with great quality and 30 seconds in it changes to the level of a 5 year old… So flash can come in all ways Sir.

Oh dear, I've made a huge mistake! I must drop and give you 20 blams immediately, Sergeant Major the_phantom16, SIR!

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

Sir,*cough* Sergeant Major *cough* Sir!

My apologies again, sir. I must admit, even as a Sergeant myself, the 5 Sergeant ranks confuse be a bit sometimes, sir.

At 12/7/05 11:45 AM, Andersson wrote: I saved:

I can see you have quite a list there, Lieutenant Colonel, sir. I must admit I am very impressed!

At 12/7/05 12:35 PM, Andersson wrote:
At 12/7/05 12:07 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: You lucky son of a bitch.
It seems like everyone submit their work while I am awake and ready for combat, sir. ;-)

We can SEE that, sir... :-)

That did remind me of myself saving Lord of the Clocks flash on Clock Day. Ah, such a good day that was and such a very good flash that was. :)
Yes, it was a really good day. I got more than 650 saves (I believe it was), sir.

Um, 650 SAVES??? I really missed out! My average is only 100B/P a day, and my max is around 180 B/P! I must be doing something wrong, sir! You obviously outrank us all in more than just rank!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 13:11:34

At 12/7/05 01:04 PM, EagleRock wrote: I can see you have quite a list there, Lieutenant Colonel, sir. I must admit I am very impressed!

I saved many "Salad Fingers" movies and "Burnt Face Man" episodes aswell (And the other latest work of David Firth). ;-)

Um, 650 SAVES??? I really missed out!

Hehe, yeah you did. =P

My average is only 100B/P a day, and my max is around 180 B/P! I must be doing something wrong, sir!

Actually no, 100 blam/save points per day is alot.

You obviously outrank us all in more than just rank!

Hehe, maybe. I kept the record for most blam/protection points during one day (As special days as the Clock Day does not count) with 250 b/s points in one normal day. I remember that during one weekend I got more than 500 blam/save points and got one rank just during this three day period.

I do not know if anyone officially have gained more than that now, but I believe that yaya12 probably have.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 13:56:42

At 12/7/05 01:04 PM, EagleRock wrote: Oh dear, I've made a huge mistake! I must drop and give you 20 blams immediately, Sergeant Major the_phantom16, SIR!

Sir no worries... that mistake of yours only motivates me to move on to Praporshchik. I remember by heart all the ranks from citizen to Elite guard Praporshchik. Basically every rank I've had or striving for. Also I got another blam move making my total 12 of them. Also I must say something to Andersson which I have always been wanting to say ever since I've heard of him (he must get it a lot any way) “Mr. Andersson, do you recognize now Mr. Andersson.? Yes, smell the stench in the air and see your enemy”. (As cliché as it could get but after seeing the matrix long ago it stuck to me and now Andersson showed up...) Any way now that I have that out of my system. Back to the portal. I’ve spent 6 hours on it today and have about 2 more before I gotta get some sleep.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 14:13:53

At 12/7/05 01:11 PM, Andersson wrote:
At 12/7/05 01:04 PM, EagleRock wrote: My average is only 100B/P a day, and my max is around 180 B/P! I must be doing something wrong, sir!
Actually no, 100 blam/save points per day is alot.

Well...yes, sir. I knew that. Even the legendary Newgrundling, on a weekly basis, gets about 120B/P daily. I was merely stating that my max is very low compared to you!

You obviously outrank us all in more than just rank!
Hehe, maybe. I kept the record for most blam/protection points during one day (As special days as the Clock Day does not count) with 250 b/s points in one normal day. I remember that during one weekend I got more than 500 blam/save points and got one rank just during this three day period.

I do not know if anyone officially have gained more than that now, but I believe that yaya12 probably have.

Honestly...that is quite a big goal to top, sir!! Perhaps the next Clock Day will net a new winner, sir. Does anyone know the next offical Clock Day here?

At 12/7/05 01:56 PM, the_phantom16 wrote: Sir no worries... that mistake of yours only motivates me to move on to Praporshchik.

Well, I'm glad my faults have translated into something good, sir. :-)

I remember by heart all the ranks from citizen to Elite guard Praporshchik. Basically every rank I've had or striving for.

The strange thing is, sir, is that I have as well. I have also pretty much remembered the necessary B/P's for each one! It was merely a blunder made in haste, sir, and for that I apologize again.

(As cliché as it could get but after seeing the matrix long ago it stuck to me and now Andersson showed up...) Any way now that I have that out of my system.

I'm glad you got that out of your system, sir. Let's just hope Lieutenant Colonel Andersson found it funny as well, sir. :-)

Back to the portal. I’ve spent 6 hours on it today and have about 2 more before I gotta get some sleep.

Off to the Portal with you, sir! I hope you can retire at 1600 hours (in this time zone, anyway) like you want. Good luck on the Portal, sir! Hooah!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 16:52:58

The Elite Guard Barracks Membership List + Rankings.

4:22pm

Gold Ranks

01.) XwaynecoltX 26226 Elite Guard General
02.) DonDoli 24147 Elite Guard Lieutenant General
03.) iscRulz 22481 Elite Guard Major General
04.) LittleMissVixen 21148 Elite Guard Brigadier General
05.) TITROTU 20475 Elite Guard Brigadier General
06.) Bahamut7 20000 Elite Guard Brigadier General
07.) -Myst- 18218 Elite Guard Colonel
08.) Andersson 16943 Elite Guard Lieutenant Colonel
09.) EnglishPhantom 12828 Elite Guard Captain
10.) Frostbreath 8078 Elite Guard Praporshcik

Elite Guards

11.) Ghost_Phantom Elite Guard Sergeant Major
12.) Coop83 6935 Elite Guard Master Sergeant
13.) major_punk 6700 Elite Guard Master Sergeant
14.) Snowy_Beast 6390 Elite Guard Master Sergeant
15.) -repent- 4665 Elite Guard Staff Sergeant
16.) EagleRock 4722 Elite Guard Staff Sergeant
17.) Turk 4382 Elite Guard Staff Sergeant
18.) Vince50 3015 Elite Guard Sergeant
19.) Nomader 2662 Elite Guard Corporal
20.) Quixoni 2582 Elite Guard Corporal
21.) CUBErt 2508 Elite Guard Corporal
22.) psykolord 2587 Elite Guard Corporal
23.) WorldOutkast 2200 Elite Guard Private First Class
24.) BIgmac_318 1747 Elite Guard Private
25.) -Mitsubishi- 1686 Elite Guard Private
26.) DaMainman 1580 Elite Guard Private

I didnt remove anybody from the list yet, but there is about 3 people who are very close to getting the boot.

Also While I was checking the profiles I caught Bahamut7's 20,000 B/P and 9,999 Post. Screenie!

The Elite Guard Barracks

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 17:02:43

At 12/7/05 04:52 PM, major_punk wrote: The Elite Guard Barracks Membership List + Rankings.

Nice update, Master Sergeant. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 18:23:56

At 12/7/05 08:23 AM, Ghost_Phantom wrote:
At 12/7/05 04:48 AM, EnglishPhantom wrote: Most give up voting fairly on clockday and it becomes more "I want the points, so let the flashes in."
On that I must agree with you fellow phantom. People want only the points and don't care what goes in as long as they have the point...But I remember a flash that no person got a point on in any way. When Tom first uploaded the massive littlefoot he deleted it because something was wrong. The score at death was 5/5. Any way I struggle with these point chasers all the time so I know how they act on the __ock days...

Even off those days, on the occasion I see a flash by (insert group name here), I sometimes find myself trying to force my mouse over to that four or five button just for the extra point. But, then I remember that is the type of uncaring attitude that helps such movies get into the portal in the FIRST place, so I blam away, and even though I miss the point, it's still worth it to know that it should have been blammed. If I were to count up all those points that I COULD have gotten from the flashes that SHOULD have been blammed, but were passed through both by the groups who made them and by people just not caring, I'd probably be between fifty to a hundred more blams along my path to the higher ranks, and that's a conservative estimate. But, even if these flash movies manage to get smuggled through due to the subversive efforts of their creators, it is my personal belief that we must persevere, and redouble our efforts to protect the portal, in spite of such trickery!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 19:22:30

At 12/7/05 04:52 PM, major_punk wrote: The Elite Guard Barracks Membership List + Rankings.
Gold Ranks

01.) XwaynecoltX 26226 Elite Guard General
02.) DonDoli 24147 Elite Guard Lieutenant General
03.) iscRulz 22481 Elite Guard Major General
04.) LittleMissVixen 21148 Elite Guard Brigadier General
05.) TITROTU 20475 Elite Guard Brigadier General
06.) Bahamut7 20000 Elite Guard Brigadier General
07.) -Myst- 18218 Elite Guard Colonel
08.) Andersson 16943 Elite Guard Lieutenant Colonel
09.) EnglishPhantom 12828 Elite Guard Captain
10.) Frostbreath 8078 Elite Guard Praporshcik

Elite Guards

11.) Ghost_Phantom Elite Guard Sergeant Major

oops forgot to mark down your b/p anyway you have 7386,

12.) Coop83 6935 Elite Guard Master Sergeant

2 weeks.

13.) major_punk 6700 Elite Guard Master Sergeant

satisfied.

14.) Snowy_Beast 6390 Elite Guard Master Sergeant

I dont think I need to worry about you, but still Id like to know your pace.

16.) EagleRock 4722 Elite Guard Staff Sergeant

You've been going pretty fast lately, I remember on Nov 20th you had 2969 b/p. So ill assume you will get to 5000 by Dec 10. what do ya know 2000 points in 20 days. twice as fast as im going...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 19:33:35

Looking for something to do soldiers? What about taking care of that damn Star Syndicate problem? It's been threathening the Portal for way too long if you want my opinion.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 22:21:40

At 12/7/05 09:24 PM, EagleRock wrote:
Excellent update, sir! Would you mind putting the official Barracks officers in the next update, if it isn't too much trouble?

Staff Sergeant EagleRock sir!
It wont be too much trouble and I intend on including this next update whenever that is. But what exactly do you have in mind? like bold print?

test

major_punk major_punk

While im already making this post I guess Il add this:

Heres the rank displacement and other stats if anyone cares.

EG Supreme Commander - 0
EG General -------------------- 1
EG Lieutenant General ---- 1
EG Major General ----------- 1
EG Brigadier General ------- 3
EG Colonel --------------------- 1
EG Lieutenant Colonel ------ 1
EG Major------------------------- 0
EG Captain --------------------- 1
EG First Lieutenant ---------- 0
EG Second Lieutenant ----- 0
EG Praporschik ---------------1
EG Sergeant Major -----------1
EG Master Sergeant ---------3
EG Sergeant First Class --- 0
EG Staff Sergeant ----------- 3
EG Sergeant ------------------ 1
EG Corporal ------------------- 4
EG Private First Class ----- 1
EG Private --------------------- 3

Total B/P Population: 252,269
Total B/P Average: 9702.6

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 23:25:51

At 12/7/05 10:21 PM, major_punk wrote:
Staff Sergeant EagleRock sir!
It wont be too much trouble and I intend on including this next update whenever that is. But what exactly do you have in mind? like bold print?

Bold print is perfect, sir. If it wouldn't be too trouble, could you also add the person's title afterwards? Just a suggestion, sir:

13.) major_punk 6700 Elite Guard Master Sergeant - Barracks Records Officer

Format is at your discetion, sir. I trust you to format the best way, as you are obviously the most qualified to make such a decision.

While im already making this post I guess Il add this:

Heres the rank displacement and other stats if anyone cares.

I certainly care, sir! I really helps put our Barracks in perspective! Thank you again for you updates, sir!

EG Supreme Commander - 0

I see a problem, here. I can only hope that General XwaynecoltX can rectify this problem, or another Supreme Commander comes along to join us!

Total B/P Population: 252,269

We do the Portal good, soldiers! Stand proud!

Total B/P Average: 9702.6

Our average is an Elite Guard Praporshchik rank! Excellent work, soldiers!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-07 23:57:41

Before I forget, soldiers, let me state the new DEFCON system of the Portal...

I felt this necessary, and I think that it well help us protect our Portal better!

Here is a quick rundown of the system:

DEFCON 5 - Peacetime - No outstanding Portal activities (don't expect this too much)
DEFCON 4 - Peacetime with increased intel ops & security - Low chance of Portal activity
DEFCON 3 - Increased Elite Guard Readiness - Minimal Portal activity expected
DEFCON 2 - Further Increased Elite Guard Readiness - Strong Portal activity expected
DEFCON 1 - Maximum Elite Guard Readiness - Extreme Portal activity imminent

We were at DEFCON 1 with the onslaught of Legendary Frog spoofs and Star Syndicate submits. However, after the diedown, we are current lowered to DEFCON 3. Expect further Portal activity until after midnight.

Thank you soldiers for your attention! Hooah!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 02:08:13

At 12/7/05 11:57 PM, EagleRock wrote: Here is a quick rundown of the system:

Is that the official system, adjusted to fit in with portal activities or just something thought up? If it's the second one, it's a great measurment of activity.

We were at DEFCON 1 with the onslaught of Legendary Frog spoofs and Star Syndicate submits. However, after the diedown, we are current lowered to DEFCON 3. Expect further Portal activity until after midnight.

I must've missed that i'm afraid. Timezones make things a bit tricky. But on weekends, timezones don't mean squat. I intend to extend my time in duty.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 04:23:07

At 12/7/05 11:57 PM, EagleRock wrote: DEFCON 5 - Peacetime - No outstanding Portal activities (don't expect this too much)

So, normal activity at about 3am, when everyone's gone to bed.

DEFCON 4 - Peacetime with increased intel ops & security - Low chance of Portal activity

about the same as me getting into work at 9am

DEFCON 3 - Increased Elite Guard Readiness - Minimal Portal activity expected

Maybe normal activity

DEFCON 2 - Further Increased Elite Guard Readiness - Strong Portal activity expected

Weekends

DEFCON 1 - Maximum Elite Guard Readiness - Extreme Portal activity imminent

Clock day

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 08:19:56

At 12/7/05 11:57 PM, EagleRock wrote: Before I forget, soldiers, let me state the new DEFCON system of the Portal...

Wow im very impressed, I love the idea, i was getting a good amount of that LF SS today so all is good on my part...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 08:30:56

At 12/8/05 08:19 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Wow im very impressed, I love the idea, i was getting a good amount of that LF SS today so all is good on my part...

The DEFCON system looks good, though I'd rate the portal at about DEFCON 4 now.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 08:36:36

At 12/8/05 08:30 AM, Coop83 wrote: The DEFCON system looks good, though I'd rate the portal at about DEFCON 4 now.

Sir! So would I... Quite slow at the moment isn't it? But the system is nice.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-08 09:15:37

At 12/8/05 08:36 AM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: Sir! So would I... Quite slow at the moment isn't it? But the system is nice.

True, the system is nice, but this defcon 4 promotes lazyness amongst the soilders.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature