00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

WillTWisp3r just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,527,779 Views | 29,938 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-11 17:28:26

At 4/11/21 04:47 PM, DozyMike wrote: Though to be fair, winning the rumble should always mean you main event the show and the match itself was great, so it deserves the spot.

Yeah that makes sense. I hadn't considered that.

The triple threat is the match I'm most hyped for. Every match so far, I can somewhat see what result they're going for (though I've been wrong before), but I'm really at a loss for who's winning that match.

I think best course of action for now would be retain since his run has been great so far and the title has a lot to do with it.

Tho Edge could win if WWE want to get as much out of possibly his final run in the company but imo Edge doesn't really need a title run. If they were going for a title run best possible scenarion would've been to have it vs Christian but we know there's no chance of that happening now.

Bryan? No chance. I mean the man deserves a spot on the card but his inclusion in a triple threat just makes it feel like how they shoehorned Charlotte in the Becky-Ronda match a while back.

Oddly the match I expect to be MOTN is Asuka-Ripley. We know they can both work a harder style and have the capacity to work in the 20+ minute mark.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-11 18:21:54

At 4/11/21 05:28 PM, MPPlantOfficial wrote:
At 4/11/21 04:47 PM, DozyMike wrote: Though to be fair, winning the rumble should always mean you main event the show and the match itself was great, so it deserves the spot.
Yeah that makes sense. I hadn't considered that.

The triple threat is the match I'm most hyped for. Every match so far, I can somewhat see what result they're going for (though I've been wrong before), but I'm really at a loss for who's winning that match.
I think best course of action for now would be retain since his run has been great so far and the title has a lot to do with it.
Tho Edge could win if WWE want to get as much out of possibly his final run in the company but imo Edge doesn't really need a title run. If they were going for a title run best possible scenarion would've been to have it vs Christian but we know there's no chance of that happening now.
Bryan? No chance. I mean the man deserves a spot on the card but his inclusion in a triple threat just makes it feel like how they shoehorned Charlotte in the Becky-Ronda match a while back.
Oddly the match I expect to be MOTN is Asuka-Ripley. We know they can both work a harder style and have the capacity to work in the 20+ minute mark.

I definitely think Bryan is gonna be the one getting pinned, whether it be Roman or Edge who wins. Still glad he's part of the feud, he added that extra bit of juice to make the match more Wrestlemania worthy (even though it already was lol). He's added that extra bit of unpredictability since he did make Roman tap out, and he's been a great way to make Edge the more heelish version of himself that we wouldn't have gotten with just him vs Roman.

I'll be honest, I almost forgot about Asuka/Ripley cuz of how little it's been featured in the buildup. But I love Asuka, so I'm expecting that to be good.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-12 13:17:46

Just finished Night 2 of Wrestlemania. I think it was overall better than the first night, with only a few exceptions.

Only match I didn't like was the Fiend Vs Orton match. It started off good but I wasn't a fan of the ending (won't get too into it so as to not spoil it). Personally, I think the opening match should be a way to warm you up for the rest of the show, either with a big victory or just a generally good match. Kinda left it disappointed, which isn't how you wanna start things.

After that though, the show was great. I was pleasantly surprised by the women's tag title match, considering how messy things have been for the division lately. Sheamus Vs Riddle was also really good, I almost expected them to be on a kickoff show but I'm glad they were on the main card.

I don't even know what my favourite match was, they were all consistently pretty good. If I had to pick, either Sami/Owens or the Triple Threat main event. Neither one disappointed.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-13 03:00:55

At 4/9/21 09:29 PM, DozyMike wrote:
At 4/9/21 12:01 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: In AEW, Chris Jericho lead the Inner Circle to get payback on the Pinnacle. Jericho shoved MJF's head into the toilet, and then shoved his head through the Pepsi machine cooler. We can only imagine what happens next.

In WWE news, Wrestlemania is this weekend. The card is not that great, and many are complaining about Bad Bunny, the singer, being on the advertisement poster. I will watch it and let you know my thoughts. Somebody, has to keep this club updated with the Wrestling info.
I'm still catching up on AEW stuff but I was surprised that MJF made his own stable. The way the story was going, I assumed he would have dethroned Jericho and taken over the Inner Circle himself. Suppose it's something unexpected though, which I can appreciate.

Yes, the the story lines have been s creative and positive. After years of predictable garbage from WWE, it feels so nice to be surprised by AEW.

Plus, it sets up a reason for the two stables to feud now and in the future.

I think the card for Mania looks pretty good match wise, just had one of the worst build ups in years (although I personally have liked some, like the Big E/Apollo Crews feud). Also doesn't feel like any particular match is all that big, unless they have some big return planned or something. The only one that comes to mind is maybe the Triple Threat for the Universal title.

I have to admit that this year's Wrestle-mania does not seem that impressive. I guess with AEW being so interesting, than WWE will continue to suffer from boring plots and lack luster wrestlers.

As for Bunny, I usually am not a fan of celebrity involvement. But fair play to him if he's actually planning on wrestling and not just hitting a frog splash or something at the end. It's also great for Damian Priest, getting put in such a high profile match, so it'll hopefully end up well.

Well, whenever they have a non wrestler in an event, you know they will win. So, its not worth watching. Miz will be going down just to make Bad Bunny look good.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-13 03:27:07

At 4/11/21 09:21 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: WM night 1 was pretty solid.
Cesaro vs Rollins was MOTN and while I thought the main event should've been either

It was fun watching Rollins get whirled around several times, and to watch him lose.

Styles & Omos vs New Day

It took forever for Omos to get the tag, but once he did. It was the instant win.

or Lashley vs MacIntyre

I was surprised that they let Lashley retain the belt.

it's understandable that they went with Banks vs Belair since they wanted to send the fans home happy.

The pulled Belair so many times. I know its fake hair, but that really bothered me.

This does make me think Roman will be retaining on Night 2 so they balance it out by having a Face victory on night 1 and Heel victory on night 2 but the reaction is gonna be great regardless.

I have always disliked Roman. I think he has zero personality and maybe six wrestling moves. Hated him in the shield, as a face, and now as a heel.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-13 03:56:24

At 4/13/21 03:27 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
or Lashley vs MacIntyre

could lead to a Lashley-Lesnar feud

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-13 11:01:02

At 4/13/21 03:56 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote:
or Lashley vs MacIntyre

That feels like the ultimate goal, probably either for Summerslam or Survivor Series. Not a huge Lesnar fan (don't hate him, just a preference) but there's a definite story there and I think they'd have a good match.

I think in preparation though, they really have to double down on a monster Lashley. One week he's a dominant heel, the next he's having MVP cause a distraction. I'd prefer it if he won at Backlash against McIntyre, clean as a whistle. I don't like how they had MVP interference in the Wrestlemania match, it doesn't feel right for Lashley to do.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-20 03:29:22

At 4/13/21 03:56 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote:
or Lashley vs MacIntyre

That could be the long term goal. Have not seen Lesnar do anything good all year.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-20 03:55:15

After Wrestlemania, WWE is doing this stupid idea, Splitting up Bray and Alexis Bliss. Why are the doing this? Bray lives in the Fun House, and Alexa lives in a playground or at least a swing. Alexa introduces her doll Lily, which I am sure is short for Lilith, The Mother of all Demons.

I would of just kept them together. It all seems so confusing.

WWE, is also breaking up The Hurt Business. This is why It can be so hard to have a team in the WWE, unless it is The New Day being forced down your throat for fours years. UGH

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-20 19:39:51

At 4/20/21 03:55 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: After Wrestlemania, WWE is doing this stupid idea, Splitting up Bray and Alexis Bliss. Why are the doing this? Bray lives in the Fun House, and Alexa lives in a playground or at least a swing. Alexa introduces her doll Lily, which I am sure is short for Lilith, The Mother of all Demons.

WWE, is also breaking up The Hurt Business. This is why It can be so hard to have a team in the WWE, unless it is The New Day being forced down your throat for fours years. UGH

Never understood why WWE insists on breaking up teams so much. It can be done well, but they usually either completely drop one member or the whole team winds up forgotten. At least with New Day, you have Big E enjoying a decent singles run and Kofi had that world title reign a while back. A team doesn't need to be broken up just to get them into singles competition.

The Fiend and Alexa Bliss was unique, since there aren't really any groups in WWE that are mixed gender and both are actual competitors. They still have very similar gimmicks anyway, so it would just make sense for them to remain allies even if they split for a bit to do a singles run.

As for the Hurt Business, that was just completely braindead. There was really no reason to break them up other than to try and convince people that they should boo Bobby Lashley.

After losing the tag titles, Lashley could have used his influence as champion to get them another shot or even get one of them a chance at the US title and that would have even tied into the shady business dealings Lashley made to win the title in the first place. Makes Lashley look like a bad guy (which WWE seems to want), elevates Shelton and Cedric and opens up new roads you can take the story.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-21 01:09:05

At 4/20/21 07:39 PM, DozyMike wrote:
At 4/20/21 03:55 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: After Wrestlemania, WWE is doing this stupid idea, Splitting up Bray and Alexis Bliss. Why are the doing this? Bray lives in the Fun House, and Alexa lives in a playground or at least a swing. Alexa introduces her doll Lily, which I am sure is short for Lilith, The Mother of all Demons.

Never understood why WWE insists on breaking up teams so much. It can be done well, but they usually either completely drop one member or the whole team winds up forgotten. At least with New Day, you have Big E enjoying a decent singles run and Kofi had that world title reign a while back. A team doesn't need to be broken up just to get them into singles competition.

WWE has done this so long, its a joke at this point. That is why many tag teams want to join AEW. You have more stability if you want to remain a team. You are also allowed to remain in a stable. The Inner Circle has been around since the start of AEW. Where The Hurt Business, has been destroyed due to lazy writing.

The Fiend and Alexa Bliss was unique, since there aren't really any groups in WWE that are mixed gender and both are actual competitors. They still have very similar gimmicks anyway, so it would just make sense for them to remain allies even if they split for a bit to do a singles run.

I did like them as a team. I thought there would be enough spookiness to go around. However, the WWE has screwed things up again. It appears the Bray will be buried, to make Bliss look better.

As for the Hurt Business, that was just completely braindead. There was really no reason to break them up other than to try and convince people that they should boo Bobby Lashley.

That was probably the dumb reason why they did it.

After losing the tag titles, Lashley could have used his influence as champion to get them another shot or even get one of them a chance at the US title and that would have even tied into the shady business dealings Lashley made to win the title in the first place. Makes Lashley look like a bad guy (which WWE seems to want), elevates Shelton and Cedric and opens up new roads you can take the story.

We will see what happens with the leftovers of the Hurt Business.

People have been complaining about WWE for being too predictable, stale, and boring. It looks like it will be more of the same garbage.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-21 01:21:28

On AEW, things have been more exciting and creative. There is so much to talk about.

First, Kenny Omega is killing it as a heel Champion. He has reformed the Elite, The Young Bucks and The Good Bros, and they all look great. Such a strong heel stable.

Second, Kip has left Miro all alone. Miro, formally know as Russev, is free to hunt for champions. He issued a warning to anybody wearing a belt. We will see how many bets he can wrack up. I have always enjoyed this type of story line if done correctly.

Third, MJF went out and formed the Pinnacle to defeat the Inner Circle, but it did not go well. They will both meet up at the next PPV in a blood and guts match. I will guess the the Inner Circle will win, unless some major cheating or screw job happens.

Fourth, Chris Jericho has been roasting MJF nonstop. Jericho now calls MJF, My Jerk off Friend, it seems juvenile, but it is so catchy. Everybody is saying it. Than Jericho goes out and gets, Iron Mike Tyson. Such a smart move. Tyson is back to boxing and needs to be hyped. Jericho can always use somebody to watch his back. Plus, it gives the Inner Circle one more member over the Pinnacle. Jericho, calls them the Pineapple.

Lastly, I sense Sting might be betraying Darby Allen soon. They have been working together, but I could totally see this happening.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-23 20:11:59

At 4/23/21 02:51 PM, RDGB wrote: Hi there, is it too late to join??

Not at all, feel free lol

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-23 20:18:26

At 4/21/21 01:21 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: On AEW, things have been more exciting and creative. There is so much to talk about.

Second, Kip has left Miro all alone. Miro, formally know as Russev, is free to hunt for champions. He issued a warning to anybody wearing a belt. We will see how many bets he can wrack up. I have always enjoyed this type of story line if done correctly.

I'm very happy about a potential Miro push. I loved his run as Rusev and would have loved to see him as a main eventer. His feud with Roman over the US title produced a lot of great matches (even though they were during the years they were pushing a face Roman who never lost lol).

Considering Kenny is the heel champion, and heel vs heel can be a weird dynamic for a world title feud, I can see him going for the TNT title. Hopefully a world title is in the near future though

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-24 05:14:08

At 4/23/21 08:18 PM, DozyMike wrote:
At 4/21/21 01:21 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: On AEW, things have been more exciting and creative. There is so much to talk about.

I'm very happy about a potential Miro push. I loved his run as Rusev and would have loved to see him as a main eventer. His feud with Roman over the US title produced a lot of great matches (even though they were during the years they were pushing a face Roman who never lost lol).

Considering Kenny is the heel champion, and heel vs heel can be a weird dynamic for a world title feud, I can see him going for the TNT title. Hopefully a world title is in the near future though

Thoughts exactly.

It you ask me, if I booked it I would have push Miro in a similar manner as his WWE US Champion reign where he has an unbroken singles win streak and is champion for almost over a year. Have his TNT Championship matches on Dynamite be a form of feeder system utilizing mid carders and jobbers of the company make televized appearances on Dynamite. And the title matches on Pay Per Views will be for bigger potential talent who will be used for future storylines in the future after their valiant effort to beat The Best Man Miro.

The end goal, after over a year of this juggernaut running rough shot, will lead to an up and comer to take the title from him; thus potential making Miro open to go challenge whoever is world champion at the time.

No Creative Quotes. Here's a bunch of links. DeviantArt | Twitter | Instagram

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-26 04:47:20

Tell us your favorite wrestling program, and your top three wrestlers.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-26 21:29:05

At 4/23/21 08:18 PM, DozyMike wrote:

I would love to see this as well. Miro really needs to be pushed. He needs to be treated correctly. WWE has treated his very poorly over the years.

I would be okay with that. However, Miro might need to start his own stable to defeat the reunited Elite.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-27 02:18:00

At 4/26/21 04:58 PM, RDGB wrote:
At 4/26/21 04:47 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
NxT

That is an interesting choice. Just curious why you picked it.

Fav wrestlers right now?
WALTER
Zack Sabre Jr
Rey Fenix

Rey Fenix is often underrated.

Fav wrestlers of all time
Kenta Kobashi
Manami Toyota
Dory Funk Jr

Dory Funk Jr. can be very hardcore when they allow it.

Nice picks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-28 03:02:37

At 4/24/21 05:14 AM, BigK1337 wrote:

Thoughts exactly.

It you ask me, if I booked it I would have push Miro in a similar manner as his WWE US Champion reign where he has an unbroken singles win streak and is champion for almost over a year. Have his TNT Championship matches on Dynamite be a form of feeder system utilizing mid carders and jobbers of the company make televized appearances on Dynamite. And the title matches on Pay Per Views will be for bigger potential talent who will be used for future storylines in the future after their valiant effort to beat The Best Man Miro.

AEW has the advantage of time and more creative story arcs. This Miro Arc could last six months, to a year. There is no need top hurry it up at all. Go nice and slow and make it seem more organic and that Miro is actually earning his way to the top. Other wrestlers will respect him more and more as he gets his first championship. Than he can take all on challengers and continue to win.

The end goal, after over a year of this juggernaut running rough shot, will lead to an up and comer to take the title from him; thus potential making Miro open to go challenge whoever is world champion at the time.

The only issue would be, should he have more than one title at a time? Have to figure that out as it goes. If another champion is injured or need a vacation, perhaps Miro could be involved in that respect.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-28 19:32:55

At 4/27/21 04:31 PM, RDGB wrote:
At 4/27/21 02:18 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/26/21 04:58 PM, RDGB wrote:
At 4/26/21 04:47 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
NxT
That is an interesting choice. Just curious why you picked it.
Well i don't wacht much wrestling programs right now, mostly events, and the only ones that my cable has is wwe (and aew) stuff, and nxt is easily the best of it, but Dynamite has come close recently

I do believe that AEW is the hottest wrestling show around.

Fav wrestlers right now?
WALTER
Zack Sabre Jr
Rey Fenix
Rey Fenix is often underrated.
Yes he is, i hope he gets more atention on the future ahead, at least he's still young so he can get a big moment or two at AEW if they feel like it...

Fav wrestlers of all time
Kenta Kobashi
Manami Toyota
Dory Funk Jr
Dory Funk Jr. can be very hardcore when they allow it.
And that's what i love of him, most people have this image of the hardcore wrestler who is unathletic and stiff like MrPogo or Abdullah, so is nice to see a guy who can be as technical as hardcore

The Funks have always combined technical skill, and the hardcore style.

Nice picks.
Thanks, it was kind of hard to just pick 3, there were and are lots of exceptional wrestlers whos just don't get the appreciation they deserve

I was just curious where your head was at.

Here is a bonus question, who was the better wrestler in their prime? Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-28 22:02:51

At 4/28/21 08:30 PM, RDGB wrote:
At 4/28/21 07:32 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Here is a bonus question, who was the better wrestler in their prime? Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair
Well might be just my personal taste, but i must say Flair

I understand what you mean. I would say Hulk Hogan, but that is a conversation for a different day.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-04-29 03:04:10

In AEW news, The Inner Circle will be having a parley with the Pinnacle, before the Blood and Guts Match. They are suppose to be discussing the rules, but it will probably end up with them fighting.

Brian Cage, will be appearing at a non AEW wrestling match in Florida. Goldberg has appeared at the event in the past, but never when he was employed by the WWE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-05-02 18:50:29

Just caught up on Smackdown, which really grabbed my attention. Mainly due to the main event and this new Cesaro and Roman Reigns feud.

A lot of the feuds in WWE have been pretty bad (with the odd exception here and there) but the Universal title scene has been so consistently interesting for me since the Rumble. It really makes me wonder what's going on with the writers, it's like the A team was put in charge of the Universal title and the B team was just given everything else. Honestly, the only thing I'm not sure about is that Edge seems to have disappeared, but that could be injury or something.

Also, it is about time Roman got some new music. And it's pretty great music at that lol

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-05-03 00:34:30

At 5/2/21 06:50 PM, DozyMike wrote: Just caught up on Smackdown, which really grabbed my attention. Mainly due to the main event and this new Cesaro and Roman Reigns feud.

Yes, it did look nice,

A lot of the feuds in WWE have been pretty bad (with the odd exception here and there) but the Universal title scene has been so consistently interesting for me since the Rumble. Honestly, the only thing I'm not sure about is that Edge seems to have disappeared, but that could be injury or something.

Edge is missing. I really want him to go to AEW. Could this actual happen?

Also, it is about time Roman got some new music. And it's pretty great music at that lol

That was a nice touch.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-05-04 03:24:16

WWE really needs to cool down on the PPV's. There should not be one a month. there should only be maybe four a year. That would give them much more time to develop story lines.

AEW should stick to the same formula. I understand that they are still new, so they are trying to figure out which names and themes would be the best PPVs.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-05-04 09:28:20

At 5/4/21 03:24 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: WWE really needs to cool down on the PPV's. There should not be one a month. there should only be maybe four a year. That would give them much more time to develop story lines.

AEW should stick to the same formula. I understand that they are still new, so they are trying to figure out which names and themes would be the best PPVs.

The big 4 PPVs (Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Survivor Series and Royal Rumble) would definitely be enough I think. Maybe the odd in between PPV for special occasions or something, but not much more.

Because all the best matches and moments are saved for PPV, it always means the TV stuff is just more restrained and safe. While I agree the big stuff needs saved for a PPV, having a longer wait for the big night as opposed to just waiting til the end of the month will mean they'll have to improve the quality of the TV stuff to keep people's interest for a longer period of time

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-05-04 13:06:54

At 5/4/21 03:25 AM, FastbootsZA wrote:
At 5/4/21 03:24 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: WWE really needs to cool down on the PPV's. There should not be one a month. there should only be maybe four a year. That would give them much more time to develop story lines.

Royal rumble, wrestlemania, summerslam and survivor series

Yes, these are the top four WWE PPVs.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-05-05 16:42:52

At 5/4/21 09:28 AM, DozyMike wrote:

The big 4 PPVs (Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Survivor Series and Royal Rumble) would definitely be enough I think. Maybe the odd in between PPV for special occasions or something, but not much more.

I totally agree with all of that. It would help the story lines.

Because all the best matches and moments are saved for PPV, While I agree the big stuff needs saved for a PPV, having a longer wait for the big night as opposed to just waiting til the end of the month will mean they'll have to improve the quality of the TV stuff to keep people's interest for a longer period of time

TV would focus on telling the story. Why they two are fighting, ans most importantly why the audience should care.

It used to be like this years ago, and it would very well.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-05-05 17:36:49

AEW is basically doing War Games tonight, its a PPV caliber event, for free. If you are a fan of wrestling, you should really check it out. This should bring some new eyes to AEW. If you were even undecided about checking it out, well tonight is the night.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-05-13 05:52:47

RAW is not only been really boring, but they have Alex Bliss and her doll literally swinging and just watching diva matches. Yes, that is the best idea they could come up with. The built her a swing near the main ring entrance. It is so dumb, that I dont even know how to make fun of it.

BBS Signature