00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

akmoreth just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,638,288 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 15:53:10

Strange i have every achviements on thing thing arena 3 but it never gives the artifact 19 :(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 16:37:44

At 3/11/09 04:06 PM, nobody404 wrote:
At 3/11/09 03:11 PM, Auz wrote:
At 3/11/09 03:06 PM, xenonmonkey wrote: How do i perform an execution?
Just stand in front of someone and press F. It´s a little diffecult though, as the game doesn´t always seem to react. So just keep pressing F until it eventually happens.
Eh... you have to hurt them first, and press F immediately after they get shot/hit. If you're just pressing F, it's not going to grab them until another enemy shoots them.

Not true. And by the way friendly fire is off for them. They can only hurt each other with gas and explosions but they can not shoot each other.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 16:46:06

I figured out the reason why artifact 19 didn´t work. Press pause when you´re doing a match and check the achievements option. Compare it with this page to see which weapons you are still missing the achievement for. You only need the weapon achievements, not the "over 9000!" and all that shit. Once you got them all, you´ll get Artifact 19 when you start a new game.

And I guess quiting game does give you the medal but does not give you the achievement ingame ;)

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 17:32:53

I hope more info is released about medals in the future. You know, adding a medals - game section, who has the most points/medals (that's for fun of course, no impact on accounts), guidelines for adding medals (Kind of kongregate API, not in that well use their system, but have like a certain standard for medals... maybe . But that's all I can think of... Oh, on a side note, the medals for Thing-Thing Arena 3 aren't that hard, they just take up some time.
- KamiCosmic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 17:43:31

At 3/11/09 05:25 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: I suck with the rebound shotgun and I need to get that achievement, any tips?

Personally I picked the medium laboratory level for that. It has many small chambers which is ideal for the rebound shotgun I think. Just shoot straight at an enemy when he is standing against a wall, that´ll be an instant kill for the weaker ones. Otherwise make use of the floor and ceiling to shoot enemies standing in front of you. Don´t make the angle between your gun and the floor too large though, cause then the bullets will stop when they hit the floor.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 17:48:02

At 3/11/09 05:25 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: I suck with the rebound shotgun and I need to get that achievement, any tips?

aim right at the enemies feet. most of the time it'll kill them one shot. in case you didn't notice by now the first shot's bullets go right through enemies cause it can't hit them UNTIL it rebounds off a wall, floor, or ceiling. If someone is too close to you though and you aim at their feet it will shoot straight into the ground and disappear, but if you're against a wall it's ok cause you can just step forward off it a little and shoot at the wall and BAM he's gone. good luck man.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 17:48:56

Just find a small enclosed area and try to get all the shots to rebound off the wall, floor, or roof before it hits anyone. I thought I would have a tough time with the gun to, but it was actually pretty easy.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 17:50:22

At 3/11/09 04:46 PM, Auz wrote: I figured out the reason why artifact 19 didn´t work. Press pause when you´re doing a match and check the achievements option. Compare it with this page to see which weapons you are still missing the achievement for. You only need the weapon achievements, not the "over 9000!" and all that shit. Once you got them all, you´ll get Artifact 19 when you start a new game.

And I guess quiting game does give you the medal but does not give you the achievement ingame ;)

Oh if it's that then, FUCK! I must get almost all the weapons achievements again... Well... Let's play...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 18:03:59

At 3/11/09 06:23 AM, Zerok wrote: For headshots, there's quite a few weapons that work. I got mine with the Tavor as well, but things like the lazer, magnum, and even the dart grenade launcher work rather well too.

The dart grenade launcher is how I got my headshots, lol, you only need to shoot it at one to get 2 or more headshots depending how close the other enimies are. Although, it takes longer for it to kill them than possibly just shooting them?

I've not been playing Thing-Thing all that seriously, just been pretty much messing around, lol, I can't tell the diffrent from the looks of the weapons too easily :s

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 18:08:25

In Thing-Thing, do you have to get all the kills for a medal in a single match, or do your kills add up?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 18:12:41

I got my final achievement in thing-thing 3 BEFORE the artifact 19... But I closed my game screen. Does that mean I can't get the final achievement?

-I'm the kinda guy who'll be there when you're falling-

Listen to my music (For fans of singer/songwriters)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 18:16:53

At 3/11/09 06:08 PM, DocSprite wrote: In Thing-Thing, do you have to get all the kills for a medal in a single match, or do your kills add up?

You have to get it in a single match. It's really not all that hard though, it just takes a lot of time and patience.

At 3/11/09 06:12 PM, MarchelloBB wrote: I got my final achievement in thing-thing 3 BEFORE the artifact 19... But I closed my game screen. Does that mean I can't get the final achievement?

According to what everyone else has said, you need all the weapon achievements IN GAME. Medals don not unlock the weapon. Just start a game, pause it ('P' key) and check what weapon achievements you are missing. Just click the Game Guide link and then the achievements link to see which weapons unlock the achievements.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 18:18:15

At 3/11/09 06:08 PM, DocSprite wrote: In Thing-Thing, do you have to get all the kills for a medal in a single match, or do your kills add up?

Yes, it's in one game. They don't add up.

At 3/11/09 06:12 PM, MarchelloBB wrote: I got my final achievement in thing-thing 3 BEFORE the artifact 19... But I closed my game screen. Does that mean I can't get the final achievement?

Check if you got the achievement in-game. You can use this as a guide. Try to get the weapons achievement an die in the match, in that way you'll probably unlock the artifact 19.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 18:21:18

I have to re-do EVERY weapon achievements? Like 100 kills with each gun again?? o_o

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 18:22:49

At 3/11/09 06:21 PM, MarchelloBB wrote: I have to re-do EVERY weapon achievements? Like 100 kills with each gun again?? o_o

Possibly. Check your achievements. If everything is blank, then yes.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 18:24:28

At 3/11/09 06:22 PM, Mortikie wrote:
At 3/11/09 06:21 PM, MarchelloBB wrote: I have to re-do EVERY weapon achievements? Like 100 kills with each gun again?? o_o
Possibly. Check your achievements. If everything is blank, then yes.

My actual NG medals are all there... Not in-game achievements -_-

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 18:43:12

I think the laser rifle is best. Two shots, fast reload, and it can hit multiple targets.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 19:20:43

At 3/11/09 07:04 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: I've done every single achievement so why isn't artifact 19 showing up?

Are they all in-game or just the medals?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 19:25:19

At 3/11/09 07:23 PM, Alex12345269 wrote:
At 3/11/09 07:20 PM, Mortikie wrote:
At 3/11/09 07:04 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: I've done every single achievement so why isn't artifact 19 showing up?
They're all medals.

That's why. During a match pause the game and click the achievements button. You need all of the weapon achievements unlocked to get the gun. At least that's what I've heard.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 22:29:08

At 3/11/09 07:25 PM, Mortikie wrote:
At 3/11/09 07:23 PM, Alex12345269 wrote:
At 3/11/09 07:20 PM, Mortikie wrote:
They're all medals.
That's why. During a match pause the game and click the achievements button. You need all of the weapon achievements unlocked to get the gun. At least that's what I've heard.

This is correct. Once you've gotten all the weapon achievements, die and start again. You should have a third weapon slot with artifact 19...
As long as you're doing it right and its working, that is...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 23:10:11

At 3/11/09 03:06 PM, xenonmonkey wrote:
Just stand in front of someone and press F. It´s a little diffecult though, as the game doesn´t always seem to react. So just keep pressing F until it eventually happens.

Actually there is a way to do it that works 100% of the time. You have to first hit them over the head with the pipe then you can press f while close to them to perform an execution.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 23:13:15

At 3/11/09 11:10 PM, CaptainMax wrote:
At 3/11/09 03:06 PM, xenonmonkey wrote:
Actually there is a way to do it that works 100% of the time. You have to first hit them over the head with the pipe then you can press f while close to them to perform an execution.

This is also correct. Try to use executions when you are low on health because they make you invincible and take just long enough to start healing. If you can string executions together you can heal completely, no problem.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 23:15:21

Just finished getting all achievements for Thing Thing and PD, decided not to go too far in Alkie Kong unless SUPER bored because the achievements I don't have are (gulp) hard.

So pretty much, the only Thing Thing achievements that drove me nutso was Proxy Mine, given the lack of ammo.

The rebound shotgun only needs a small cave and the gun pointed at the ceiling for max effect.

The acid grenade requires TONS of ammo (have it as a secondary while getting 100 with another weapon to get the ammo for acid really high) then stay next to a wall somewhat near a spawn point and shoot indiscriminately in the same spot for a potent and constant dose. Actually one of the easiest.

The best way for headshots were the Dart Grenade and any of the shotguns.

As for Portal Defenders, Bob means you can do no bombs and no organs (I got both in one go as Bob) and he's also great for Horde killing if you restrain yourself against Wade. The only one that really bugged me was ZOMBIIEEEZ because it's solely based on luck: it took me FOREVER to spawn five brains. I got it as April under the theory that combos yield more organs, but I might just be crazy.

But yeah, loving the medals, but hate it when it's solely based on luck. Even in Alkie Kong, with the super impossible achievements later on, is still based on skills rather than pure luck. Otherwise, great system, NG! Hopefully Newgrounds Rumble and some Fulpadin classics can get in on the action. Also, I'd love for there to be a rankings so that us nerds/bored people can compare scores and the completely meaningless internet points Medals give can become a completely meaningless competition.

Love ya, Newgrounds.

Don't make fun of us because we look like eggs!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 23:24:52

HELP

ok... i am pretty sure i already got the 100 kills with 2 hand berettas, but it didn't appear... i have been doing it, and i think i have like 150 kills with that guns... but it just never give me the medal...

does anyone had the same problem?... any idea what could i do?

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 23:25:19

I enjoy the new medals feature. A worthy goal to show off ones prowess. I only finally beat Wadolf last night... I was stunned after so many attempts!

Tips for Thing-Thing Arena 3: A fun and replayable game. A medal that IS needed is the OVER 9000 achievement! (I have a strategy that got me to 1100 kills, then I got a little bored... one day I'll get to 9000!)

Headshots: Bar none, the shotguns are best. Be aggressive, stick the barrel right to the victims head and BAM! Easy peasy.

Artifact 19: You have to get all the other main achievements first. The hardest is the Try Them All. You have to use the single and pairs, plus the lead pipe. It can be a wee bit frustrating to remember them all. I like Artifact 19 even though it does have a sucky recharge rate as you can hit lots of people and generally keep them from firing back.

Ammo: I stick with the large arenas as I can hole up in a corner, wait for the ammo boxes to recharge then bust out to refill.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-11 23:31:56

At 3/11/09 11:24 PM, aldlv wrote: HELP

ok... i am pretty sure i already got the 100 kills with 2 hand berettas, but it didn't appear... i have been doing it, and i think i have like 150 kills with that guns... but it just never give me the medal...

Step 1 - keep killing. Just do it for a while. Don't think you've killed 100+, know...
Step 2 - close it. Im sorry, but its necessary...
Step 3 - open it again in pop-up. start a game
Step 4 - refresh the original page. It may show up now.
Step 5 - Try again. Its a system in the works. You probably just got caught in a temporary glitch. Just do it again...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 00:02:23

At 3/11/09 11:31 PM, Ninjuku wrote:
At 3/11/09 11:24 PM, aldlv wrote: HELP

Step 1 - keep killing. Just do it for a while. Don't think you've killed 100+, know...
Step 2 - close it. Im sorry, but its necessary...
Step 3 - open it again in pop-up. start a game
Step 4 - refresh the original page. It may show up now.
Step 5 - Try again. Its a system in the works. You probably just got caught in a temporary glitch. Just do it gTain...

tried, but still nothing...
does the 100 kills have to be on 1 round?
no right...

i think i'm just going to deleted the cache and start again...

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 00:11:40

yes all the medals achievement have to be done in one round

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 00:12:39

does the 100 kills have to be on 1 round?
no right...

Yes, all 100 have to be in the same round. Absolutely 100 percent positive on this.

Don't make fun of us because we look like eggs!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-12 00:54:10

Ok, I am having problems getting Artifact 19 to load for me. I got all my achievements but that (25/26) theoretically Artifact 19 should load on its own, but it hasn't. All I get is beretta, thompson, and lead pipe as my new starting items. No artifact 19. anyone know how to fix this?

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature