00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheClownmanPuggles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,645,137 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-01-27 08:28:21

I've started posting a walkthrough / medal tips for "Where in Space is Baby Hitler".

The thread for the walkthrough is here: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1448616

It will come in multiple sections, because it's a big game, and I don't want to spoil the whole game all at once. For now, it's just the solution on getting out of the cage and get the "Death by alien" medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-01-27 09:37:16

Does anyone know how to get this cheese? People keep mentioning invisible springs and blocks but I cant find them at all.

https://imgur.com/a/2zfOfcO

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-01-29 10:16:11

At 1/27/20 09:37 AM, blyndid wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/746874

Does anyone know how to get this cheese? People keep mentioning invisible springs and blocks but I cant find them at all.

I didn't get that cheese either but it's not necessary since there are actually 58 cheeses in the game and you need 56 to get the last medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-01-31 06:10:43

At 1/29/20 10:16 AM, Optimos wrote:

I didn't get that cheese either but it's not necessary since there are actually 58 cheeses in the game and you need 56 to get the last medal.

You serious dude? I only found 56 and I was very thorough, and yes that includes both cheeses requiring invisible platforms. I thought the person leaving a comment the game had 58 cheese was trolling, or the game somehow bugged or glitched for them.

Anyway, you want to be slightly to the left of the rat which is to the right of the rat in that picture (if that makes sense) and jump a bunch and hopefully you "catch" the platform as it lowers somewhere around that area before elevatoring up and then going left. It's an invisible platform, so there's a good amount of luck involved in the timing.

The other invisible platform cheese (near to the upper-left in the overall map) is much much harder to get, IMO, because you have to catch an invisible platform as it's moving left (if you catch it while it's moving right it'll move you into the spikes and you die), after having navigated that spikes part.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

At 1/31/20 06:10 AM, NeonSpider wrote:

You serious dude? I only found 56 and I was very thorough, and yes that includes both cheeses requiring invisible platforms. I thought the person leaving a comment the game had 58 cheese was trolling, or the game somehow bugged or glitched for them.

Yup, I managed to get 57 cheeses at the end, and that cheese was the only one I left behind.

The other invisible platform cheese (near to the upper-left in the overall map) is much much harder to get, IMO, because you have to catch an invisible platform as it's moving left (if you catch it while it's moving right it'll move you into the spikes and you die), after having navigated that spikes part.

I didn't even know there was an invisible platform to reach that cheese, I just made a very high jump from the visible moving platform, although I had to take several tries as it was a bit far.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-01-31 07:07:34

At 1/31/20 06:42 AM, Optimos wrote:
At 1/31/20 06:10 AM, NeonSpider wrote: The other invisible platform cheese (near to the upper-left in the overall map) is much much harder to get, IMO, because you have to catch an invisible platform as it's moving left (if you catch it while it's moving right it'll move you into the spikes and you die), after having navigated that spikes part.
I didn't even know there was an invisible platform to reach that cheese, I just made a very high jump from the visible moving platform, although I had to take several tries as it was a bit far.

I don't think you should have been able to obtain the cheese that way. I think the game glitched for you, in your favor. The correct way to do it was via the tiny (approximately one block in size) invisible horizontal moving platform reachable from the highest visible block in that area, after you've gotten past the spikes and moving platform part, and double-jumped up into the little cubby upper-right from there (barely avoiding death by those spikes). You can wait around there until the platform moves in and pushes you to the right a bit, is how you will know it is there. But you'll need to jump on it as it's moving left, and very easy to fall off even if you landed on it. From there you take it as far left as it can go and as soon as it starts turning right, you then jump left as far as you can go, and then do your double-jump from there, and then *barely* make that cheese.

There's no way he jumps high enough off that lower moving platform near the spikes, even at its upper-leftmost height, even jumping as high as you can left from there and then the double jump. You don't even come close. It may be some browser-specific glitch you've found where it gave you extra jump height or something.

I'm still thinking maybe the game glitched in the cheese counting or something, for you, (perhaps related to the glitch letting you get that cheese the wrong way), because, like I said, I was incredibly thorough, and I only found the 56.

Are you sure you didn't maybe collect 1 cheese at some point and the game glitched and counted it as 2?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-01-31 07:33:19

At 1/31/20 07:07 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 1/31/20 06:10 AM, NeonSpider wrote: The other invisible platform cheese (near to the upper-left in the overall map) is much much harder to get, IMO, because you have to catch an invisible platform as it's moving left (if you catch it while it's moving right it'll move you into the spikes and you die), after having navigated that spikes part.
I don't think you should have been able to obtain the cheese that way. I think the game glitched for you, in your favor. The correct way to do it was via the tiny (approximately one block in size) invisible horizontal moving platform reachable from the highest visible block in that area, after you've gotten past the spikes and moving platform part, and double-jumped up into the little cubby upper-right from there (barely avoiding death by those spikes). You can wait around there until the platform moves in and pushes you to the right a bit, is how you will know it is there. But you'll need to jump on it as it's moving left, and very easy to fall off even if you landed on it. From there you take it as far left as it can go and as soon as it starts turning right, you then jump left as far as you can go, and then do your double-jump from there, and then *barely* make that cheese.

There's no way he jumps high enough off that lower moving platform near the spikes, even at its upper-leftmost height, even jumping as high as you can left from there and then the double jump. You don't even come close. It may be some browser-specific glitch you've found where it gave you extra jump height or something.

I'm still thinking maybe the game glitched in the cheese counting or something, for you, (perhaps related to the glitch letting you get that cheese the wrong way), because, like I said, I was incredibly thorough, and I only found the 56.

Are you sure you didn't maybe collect 1 cheese at some point and the game glitched and counted it as 2?

Ehh, I know when a game is glitching in my favor, and when a game is not. And unless you're referring to a completely different cheese, I can assure you that the game didn't glitch in my favor.

https://imgur.com/a/CclZKya

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-01-31 07:45:16

At 1/31/20 07:33 AM, Optimos wrote: Ehh, I know when a game is glitching in my favor, and when a game is not. And unless you're referring to a completely different cheese, I can assure you that the game didn't glitch in my favor.

https://imgur.com/a/CclZKya

Yeah I'm pretty sure that cheese is not meant to be reachable like that. Unless the game author toned down the difficulty a bit by the time you did that.

Either his double jump doesn't go as high as that, or that cheese is a bit higher and to the left a bit more than in that image. I don't think we played the same version of the game.

But yes that cheese is reachable via an invisible horizontal-moving platform, itself reachable from the highest point just up-right beyond all those spikes and such, requiring a double-jump and barely missing some spikes to get up in there. From that point you just have to jump left as the invisible platform moves left, land it, and ride it left until it abruptly goes right, jump as far left as you can, then double jump as far left as you can, and you barely catch that cheese doing that.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-01-31 09:03:17

At 1/31/20 06:10 AM, NeonSpider wrote:

Yup, I managed to get 57 cheeses at the end, and that cheese was the only one I left behind.

I also got that cheese doing the same thing

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-02-05 10:15:01

If you want the hardest medals in this game, including the have a piece last for 1000 seconds before getting to the exit, here is what you do...

Note, if you don't have enough in-game money to buy what you need for this strategy, then you'll need to grind it out with sub-optimal strategies until you do. A good early strategy is just build a long line from left to right of those cheap 5 point blocks, with flag at the far right.

So end-game strategy is as follows. Put the flag at the bottom-right of the board (Select the deletion tool then click and drag the flag to move it). Make every other row full-on those slow blocks, with the exception of make every final block on the rightmost side a teleport entry block, with the exception of the bottom-rightmost is of course the flag.

Just above the leftmost slowdown block on each row, place a teleport exit block.

Make the block that's just below the spawn block be a block that looks like ">". (This stops the pieces misbehaving a bunch)

Finally, liberally sprinkle in as many vertical moving blocks randomly everywhere as you can, or as you see fit.

Then just let the game run for a long time, come back, and check your progress. There's a lot of chance involved here, but the idea is you slow them down as much as you can, until it gets to the warp to one of the random (it's not really random but let's pretend it is) entrances on the left, which gives it only about a 1 in 7 or so chance of ending on the exit row with the flag, as well as the vertical movers will both block the way as well as sometimes carry off pieces that got lucky enough to enter that final row up to some earlier row.

The more you thus delay some piece's exit, the higher points that piece will be worth once it finally does exit, and there is a fair bit of luck and chance involved, but just set the game up this way and let it run a while and see what happens. This is the way I did it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-02-05 10:20:46

Oh, also if that idle arcade - make lvl game has been running too long such that it doesn't record your medals when you earn them, which it probably will be by the time you get some of those higher-end medals, don't panic as the game does resubmit medals and here is what you need to do.

Sell all the pieces, then click save, as the in-game warning suggests. Next, reload the page. Next, reload the game (click on Load). Wait a few seconds and check your medals and you probably now have them.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-03-29 19:41:52

A tip for killing that Wurstlord.

Find a stage that has a man-eating plant in it and which either has a looped path via which you pass by the plant at some point, or where you can make such a path (such as, for example, using the hammer item).

Ideally you want to be able to get past that man-eating plant without taking any damage but it needs to be tight.

Now, clear out at least that area of the stage free of monsters (other than the man-eating plant(s)) and move around until Wurstlord comes into play. Lure Wurstlord after you and then move around in the looped path and every time he comes near that man-eating plant it'll bite him (if you can get him to move in front of the plant -- mostly he will try to avoid the plants too, which is why you need to be clever).

Once you have this sort of pattern going just go around and around your looped path and let the man-eating plant eat the Wurstlord, at which point he will drop a key. Take that key (no idea what it's used for though).

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-07-26 03:04:10

This game is full-on arcana. The trick is the game is a maze, but an invisible one, and you gain the various medals by making it through different pathways in the maze, typically which look similar to the picture of the medal itself, although there are a couple of exceptions, so you'll just have to trial-and-error those.

Here is what you need to know. You start at the bottom-left of the maze, and exit is on the far right side, around the middle or so. Every time you choose "Comprehend" you either move up or down (whichever direction doesn't have you going backwards), and every time you choose "Transcend" you either move right or left (again, whichever direction doesn't have you going backwards).

Aside from that, the various skills do whatever things they say, and you also gain abilities per each artifact collected, in addition to medal get. But you want to keep building up the Knowledge stat and making the appropriate choice of "Comprehend" or "Transcend" based on which direction you want to go in the invisible maze.

Then, if you've arrived at an artifact, you will have option of "Ascend with Artifact" otherwise just "Ascend" will be an option under the Wisdom stat.

Using this information it is now possible for anyone to fully complete out this game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-08-31 06:33:14

I hope that people are still visiting this thread ;-) I wondered if anybody found any efficient way to successfully deal with the tremendous lag that starts at the latest levels of this game?

Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй!

And release [the Leopards-done] ATACMS & F-16s!

I've been trying to get the secret medal in haunt the house. I've looked around in other places but all I've found is that (spoiler alert) the medal is called shoot for the moon. I tried somehow interacting with the moon but i couldn't. If anyone knows how to get it please help. EDIT: Just realized how long it's been since the last post here. i hope people still use this.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-09-10 09:58:59

At 9/10/20 06:34 AM, NinjaViking73 wrote: I've been trying to get the secret medal in haunt the house. I've looked around in other places but all I've found is that (spoiler alert) the medal is called shoot for the moon. I tried somehow interacting with the moon but i couldn't. If anyone knows how to get it please help.

Fly from the bottom right to the top left quickly. You earn the achievement if you touch the moon in the background.

EDIT: Just realized how long it's been since the last post here. i hope people still use this.

Less often than just PMing people who've gotten the achievement it seems.

At 8/31/20 06:33 AM, HerbieG wrote: I hope that people are still visiting this thread ;-) I wondered if anybody found any efficient way to successfully deal with the tremendous lag that starts at the latest levels of this game?
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/651749

I didn't experience any serious lagging, although none of the medals worked unless I used the Newgrounds player for some reason.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-09-17 04:18:21

hot new flash game with medals 13 fresh newgrounds medals in total , come get those sweet sweet medal points i love you

At 8/31/20 06:33 AM, HerbieG wrote: I hope that people are still visiting this thread ;-) I wondered if anybody found any efficient way to successfully deal with the tremendous lag that starts at the latest levels of this game?
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/651749

I mean that game never awards me any medals ever, so as far as I'm concerned that's a broken medals game, except it does seem to have awarded medals to you and a few others. I tried it again and still no medals awarding from it. I've tried in Firefox and Chrome. If you're even able to get medals from it at all, then the game is being more generous to you than it is the vast majority of people.

By the way, any ideas about the "You Don't Say" medal in this game? https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/626526

I have found something that may be related but I'm not sure how to use it. Instead of clicking Play or Instructions, if you click around on Cage (seemed to spawn twice when I was messing with his zipper and once when I clicked on his nose), randomly a text entry field may appear above his head and it says PASSWORD. Although everything I've tried, including the obvious things, don't work. If you somehow spawn that password box and give it the correct password, does that award the elusive final medal? If so, what is that password?

Do note it's somewhat random (or at least I haven't gotten it to 100% work) spawning that PASSWORD text field. If it's not related to that medal, then it's still an Easter Egg or mystery about the game.

Maybe it points someone in the right direction.

--edit--

Okay click the zipper, drag up to his neck, then release the mouse button. Seems to trigger this secret PASSWORD text field pretty reliably. Imagine like you're zipping up his jacket. Still doesn't work 100% of the time but I'd say like 90%.

It's a weird one regardless if this is related to the medal or not.

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but how do I know if the medals not being awarded is a problem on my end or the game's? so far I had this problem with 3 games, and 2 of them did give me medals before they stoped...

the ones that stoped giving me medals after giving me a few:

----

the one I can't get medals from at all (there was a 2nd one but the author removed the game):

Full size of signature's picture

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-10-23 15:11:48

At 10/23/20 02:23 PM, OnixDark wrote:

In all of the games you mentioned medals have been unlocked recently, even today, so they are working.

The most common reason for this is the fact that some games disconnect from Newgrounds API (that is responsible for medals) after some time and this is why - as you noticed - the game stopped giving you medals. Some of the games are reloading medals when you refresh the site but sometimes not. In the first case they will unlock automatically for you, but in the second... sadly probably you would have to start the game from scratch. It's a good idea to refresh the game (is it is saving progress) before unlocking crucial medals. This way it will get a "fresh" connection to NG.

the one I can't get medals from at all (there was a 2nd one but the author removed the game):

What medal requirements did you meet? Did you reach the top of the tower? Maybe this game also disconnected for you as well?

Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй!

And release [the Leopards-done] ATACMS & F-16s!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-10-23 15:22:57

At 10/23/20 03:11 PM, HerbieG wrote:
At 10/23/20 02:23 PM, OnixDark wrote:
In all of the games you mentioned medals have been unlocked recently, even today, so they are working.

The most common reason for this is the fact that some games disconnect from Newgrounds API (that is responsible for medals) after some time and this is why - as you noticed - the game stopped giving you medals. Some of the games are reloading medals when you refresh the site but sometimes not. In the first case they will unlock automatically for you, but in the second... sadly probably you would have to start the game from scratch. It's a good idea to refresh the game (is it is saving progress) before unlocking crucial medals. This way it will get a "fresh" connection to NG.

What medal requirements did you meet? Did you reach the top of the tower? Maybe this game also disconnected for you as well?

Thanks for the fast reply!

the games are saving my progress just fine, but from what you said, it looks like I'll have to start them over...

so, when I'm about to meet the requirements for a medal, I should refresh the page 1st, is that right? erm... forgive the stupid question, but is the disconnection something that happens whenever I open a second game while playing the 1st one? I did this with the idle game I mentioned, but I don't remember if I did this while playing pixelo...

as for magirune, I completed a run (I went to the top of the tower, at the lit "door" after the pickaxe room, then I left the tower with one death), wich should have given me 2 medals, if I understood the descriptions correctly...

Full size of signature's picture

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-12-02 00:18:28

Reminder that the ADVENTure games are now live!

Come get a present (and a medal) everyday all month long!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-12-02 13:11:43

At 12/2/20 12:18 AM, solitonmedic wrote: Reminder that the ADVENTure games are now live!

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/606953
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/721061
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/743161
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/773236

Thanks a lot! Too bad I missed one day, but there is always next year =)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-12-03 15:57:44

At 12/2/20 01:11 PM, Mace13 wrote:
At 12/2/20 12:18 AM, solitonmedic wrote: Reminder that the ADVENTure games are now live!

There's also Newgrounds Illuminatimas , which awards on any day in December or early January,

and Good Bye, My Love!, which has a medal that unlocks only on the 21st.

rip, I think 2019 will allow you to get the days you've missed at the end, and 2020's will give you that one free, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-12-03 16:07:23

At 12/3/20 03:57 PM, OneThousandMeeps wrote:

There's also Newgrounds Illuminatimas , which awards on any day in December or early January,
rip, I think 2019 will allow you to get the days you've missed at the end, and 2020's will give you that one free, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Thank you! Already got one, now hoping I won't forget the 21st one, haha =)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-12-03 16:10:20

At 12/3/20 04:07 PM, Mace13 wrote:
At 12/3/20 03:57 PM, OneThousandMeeps wrote:

Thank you! Already got one, now hoping I won't forget the 21st one, haha =)

Yeah, I missed it last year, so I'm putting in my calendar this time around lol

At 11/15/12 11:19 PM, EdyKel wrote:
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/605771
Might be a glitch, but I got the last 2 medals for beating level 12 for a 2nd time - I used the secret path to the left to reach the end with no lives lost. Still not sure how to get to the Boss, not that it matters anymore. I assume you have to have all the gold gears...?

Since 2012 no one unlocked this medal. I just wanted to mention that this still works. The comment section of the game is filled with people being annoyed of it being broken. I guess they failed with their search engine for help. :D Thanks Edykel for figuring this out.

<3

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2020-12-03 19:44:14

At 12/3/20 05:11 PM, PhantasyReal wrote:
At 11/15/12 11:19 PM, EdyKel wrote:
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/605771
Might be a glitch, but I got the last 2 medals for beating level 12 for a 2nd time - I used the secret path to the left to reach the end with no lives lost. Still not sure how to get to the Boss, not that it matters anymore. I assume you have to have all the gold gears...?
Since 2012 no one unlocked this medal. I just wanted to mention that this still works. The comment section of the game is filled with people being annoyed of it being broken. I guess they failed with their search engine for help. :D Thanks Edykel for figuring this out.

That probably makes more sense to you than it does me. It's been so long I don't remember much, if anything, about the game. But glad what I said back then helped you, and any other who hasn't gotten it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2021-01-03 20:50:40

At 11/26/11 10:48 AM, darkmatt93 wrote:

I'll give you tip, it doesn't require clicking anything.

I need a tip as well. I still cannot, as thorough as I am, unlock the slaughter medal in Culmination. I'm sure I'm killing everything including the flame enemies, and I've tried on both easy and hard several times.
Thanks! I found it by accident xD

Tell me please what is this achievement

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2021-04-07 10:03:35

I don't seem to be able to get any medals for the Idle Evolution game. Other people seem to be getting medals for it, so it is not the game, but I can't figure out why they won't trigger for me.