00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RadicalRonik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

288,234 Views | 4,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2015-01-09 23:54:46

As long as the Sharks make it past the second round in the playoffs this season I'll be happy.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2015-01-10 12:05:23

At 1/10/15 01:48 AM, Slacker013 wrote:
At 1/9/15 11:54 PM, KillerSkull wrote: As long as the Sharks make it past the second round in the playoffs this season I'll be happy.
This year, San Jose Sharks are going to win that Stanley Cup, and no team will be able to compete with them, not even my loveable home team...

I don't think the Sharks are going to win the Cup. There are way too many really good teams in the West. They're third in the Pacific, which the Ducks lead by a lot of points. Unless the Ducks, Kings, and Blackhawks start sucking, the Sharks aren't even going to win a Conference Championship for a while.

The West will probably have the Cup again this year, but it won't be in the Pacific this time.

Today I learned I'm a pimp and a cool. Upvote me to karma heaven, bitches.

Here's my letterboxd that I don't update.

Here's my IMDb that I update more.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2015-01-10 14:13:06

At 1/10/15 12:05 PM, fearthepiff wrote: I don't think the Sharks are going to win the Cup. There are way too many really good teams in the West. They're third in the Pacific, which the Ducks lead by a lot of points. Unless the Ducks, Kings, and Blackhawks start sucking, the Sharks aren't even going to win a Conference Championship for a while.

The West will probably have the Cup again this year, but it won't be in the Pacific this time.

He was being sarcastic. I actually think the Sharks can do it if we get a little more consistency before the playoffs start. The Pacific has been tough for the past eight years or so but we've thrived in it. Grant it, Anaheim and LA have both got better and the Sharks probably won't be winning any division or conference titles anytime soon but we can go toe to toe with the West in the playoffs.

Everyone talks about how great Anaheim is in the regular season, but they suffer from the same problems the Sharks do, they can't produce in the playoffs. How they ever won a cup is beyond me.

To be honest, if the Sharks didn't choke to LA last season I think we would have won the cup. Anaheim didn't look good at all and I think we could have taken Chicago. And the East might as well not exist in the NHL when compared to the West.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2015-01-10 15:52:29 (edited 2015-01-10 15:53:07)

At 1/10/15 02:13 PM, KillerSkull wrote: He was being sarcastic. I actually think the Sharks can do it if we get a little more consistency before the playoffs start. The Pacific has been tough for the past eight years or so but we've thrived in it. Grant it, Anaheim and LA have both got better and the Sharks probably won't be winning any division or conference titles anytime soon but we can go toe to toe with the West in the playoffs.

Oh, didn't catch the sarcasm, but, yeah, the Sharks aren't consistent at all. They switch from being in the wildcard spot to second or third in the division almost every week. Once they can hold a spot for more than a while is when I can see them getting their first cup.

Everyone talks about how great Anaheim is in the regular season, but they suffer from the same problems the Sharks do, they can't produce in the playoffs. How they ever won a cup is beyond me.

The Ducks are a different team now than they were win they were winning Cups, I think. I couldn't tell you their problems specifically, but I just tell people who don't know that they're "not a playoff team."

And the East might as well not exist in the NHL when compared to the West.

Totally, besides the Penguins, Habs, and maybe the Bruins and Lightning, the East doesn't really show up when it comes to facing the West. This year I think the Islanders have a good shot at making it far in the playoffs, but they haven't got the playoff experience of making it every year that teams like Boston and Pittsburgh have, so they probably won't get close to gold.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2015-01-11 01:49:47

At 1/10/15 03:52 PM, fearthepiff wrote: Oh, didn't catch the sarcasm, but, yeah, the Sharks aren't consistent at all. They switch from being in the wildcard spot to second or third in the division almost every week. Once they can hold a spot for more than a while is when I can see them getting their first cup.

Well to be fair, the Pacific is really tight. two or three points is what separates the wildcard spot and second place. As a Sharks fan, I'm first to rip on my team, but we're not actually in too bad of shape. All we really need is consistency as you said and we would be in good shape. A couple more star defensemen wouldn't hurt either.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2015-01-12 15:05:28

Who's everyone's favorite team(s)? We've been talking about the Sharks for a while, and it seems like a lot of people are defending them, I don't know, maybe there are a lot of Sharks fans. I'm a Minnesota Wild fan, I'm not from Minnesota or anything they're just an underdog and stuff so now I'm balls to wall Wild. I also like the Islanders, though, and it's good that the Isles are doing good because the Wild aren't.

What about everyone else?

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2015-01-20 09:41:45

>club maker
>hasn't posted since 2012

Jesus fuck I suck. Well, too be fair, started this as a bandwagon shit, with no fucking concept of basic grammar. Yeah. That and most things I start or get involved with I tend to lose interest in. save for video games. Anyway, my team the Canucks, doing okay, haven't been following hard to follow since the cup loss. Want the best for them but being burnt by the fandom and the organization leaves me :/

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2015-03-24 17:25:32

At 1/20/15 09:41 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Jesus fuck I suck. Well, too be fair, started this as a bandwagon shit, with no fucking concept of basic grammar. Yeah. That and most things I start or get involved with I tend to lose interest in. save for video games. Anyway, my team the Canucks, doing okay, haven't been following hard to follow since the cup loss. Want the best for them but being burnt by the fandom and the organization leaves me :/

The Canucks are actually doing good at the moment. Who knows, maybe they'll be able to revive your team spirit.

Anyway, I'm reviving this thread again because I need to talk about hockey with someone.

So my favorite team, the Wild, are doing pretty damn good and my hometown team, the Bruins, just got kicked out of the playoffs. I know there are a lot of Sharks fans here (maybe? who knows they may have left) and they're also doing pretty shite.

How's everyone else's team doing?

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2015-05-02 11:12:56

At 3/24/15 05:25 PM, fearthepiff wrote: How's everyone else's team doing?

My Islanders gave me yet another reason to be heartbroken.

And now they're moving out of Nassau Coliseum, which is right down the block from my house.

My home team isn't my home team anymore :'(

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2015-05-06 08:31:46

At 5/2/15 11:12 AM, mothballs wrote: My Islanders gave me yet another reason to be heartbroken.

And now they're moving out of Nassau Coliseum, which is right down the block from my house.

My home team isn't my home team anymore :'(

I felt so bad for them. At least they won their last one at Nassau.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2015-10-30 12:16:34

So hockey has been back for about 10 games now, we`ve got some indication of what this season will entail:

1) Montreal seems destined to go far
2) Sidney Crosby is struggling
3) Blue Jackets were the first to fire their coach (and then broke their loss streak against the Avs :( )
4) Jamie Benn is lighting the lamp for points
5) Phil Kessel is still Phil Kessel
6) The Central division could see 6 of 7 teams win (according to THN, who say that only the Avalanche have no hope)

*sigh* another long year for me. Perhaps I should follow the Canucks, since I`m living in Vancouver now....

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2015-11-21 22:52:12 (edited 2015-11-21 22:52:23)

At 10/30/15 12:16 PM, Coop wrote:
*sigh* another long year for me. Perhaps I should follow the Canucks, since I`m living in Vancouver now....

WAIT WAIT WAIT! WHEN DID YOUR BRITISH ASS MOVE TO MY CITY?

ALSO HI GUYS I'VE BEEN BEING A POOF ELSEWHERE ON THE WEB!

Too much vidya and real life shit.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2015-11-23 13:19:16

At 11/21/15 10:52 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: WAIT WAIT WAIT! WHEN DID YOUR BRITISH ASS MOVE TO MY CITY?

I don't have a donkey, so my British Ass never moved here. Just me, in April :)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2015-11-23 15:37:14

At 11/21/15 10:52 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: WAIT WAIT WAIT! WHEN DID YOUR BRITISH ASS MOVE TO MY CITY?

Wow, so many Vancouverites and no meetups???

Also, the Canucks have been my home team ever since I moved my Polish ass here in '88.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2015-12-15 13:02:59

With last night's 3-2 win over the Bruins, the Oilers currently have a 6 game win streak.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2016-04-21 03:19:55

At 1/20/04 04:41 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: this is Possibly the only sports club on Newgrounds but any way to join all you have to do is type in your 2 favorite teams 1 from the east and 1 from the west like so.Vancouver Canucks,Philadelphia Flyers.Okay Enjoy

Coyotes all the way. Yay phoenix

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2016-05-17 21:55:48

My only favorite NHL team is the Columbus Blue Jackets. I've been to two of their home games, and those home games never disappoint!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2022-06-27 00:47:41

Congrats, Avs

also first post since 2016 LMFAO

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2022-10-17 01:39:11

Oh boy. Sharks have started out losing their first four games. I'm going to remain positive, but I have a feeling this is going to be a long season. While they do have some talent, they just don't have the depth to compete with most of the other teams in the league.

I feel like this is going to be a 2-4 year rebuild mode. They have to find a way to move some of these contracts that have really put them in a cap bind. Vlasic's and Karlsson's contracts come to mind. I've loved Vlasic's time with the Sharks, but he is far away from his prime. Karlsson is a great offensive defenseman (when healthy), but he is quite the defensive liability.

I trust that there's a plan in place. Going to have to endure some tough years before we return to greater things. At least I hope they sign Joe Thornton for a ride into the sunset.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-02-06 00:38:55

At 10/17/22 01:39 AM, Gooch wrote: Oh boy. Sharks have started out losing their first four games. I'm going to remain positive, but I have a feeling this is going to be a long season. While they do have some talent, they just don't have the depth to compete with most of the other teams in the league.

I feel like this is going to be a 2-4 year rebuild mode. They have to find a way to move some of these contracts that have really put them in a cap bind. Vlasic's and Karlsson's contracts come to mind. I've loved Vlasic's time with the Sharks, but he is far away from his prime. Karlsson is a great offensive defenseman (when healthy), but he is quite the defensive liability.

I trust that there's a plan in place. Going to have to endure some tough years before we return to greater things. At least I hope they sign Joe Thornton for a ride into the sunset.

Well lets get that first overall pick my dude, incidently how about them Canucks... I am in absolute pain and misery. But still will add a Skate Kuzmenko Jersey to my growing Jersey collection the next time I am at Rogers.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-04-12 03:59:07

I found it really funny when all the Sens fans talked MAD SHIT about beating the Red Wings twice in a row in February, seemingly ending Detroit's playoff race, only for Detroit and Ottawa to be eliminated on the same exact day. It was also really funny to see Sabres fans acting smug about being eliminated after both Detroit and Ottawa, as if it matters.

Anyway, with playoffs approaching, it's time for me to pick a bandwagon. I've always liked Winnipeg, but I don't see them going places this year. I might be watching that Edmonton team more this year, I have a feeling that it's their year.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-04-17 06:00:55

iu_950260_1625818.webp

We have our matchups. There's some really interesting stuff in here, even in just the first round. NYR vs NJ should be rowdy, that's a pretty close geographic matchup. Will Toronto finally make it to the second round? Can Colorado live up to last year's run without Landeskog?

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-04-17 06:47:36

At 4/12/23 03:59 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: I might be watching that Edmonton team more this year, I have a feeling that it's their year.

Don't worry, they'll find a way to bungle it up.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-04-17 21:02:56

ABB (Anyone but Boston)

While I do recognize that the Bruins had the best regular season in NHL history and seem to look unstoppable, it always seems like historical regular seasons tend to fizzle out in the playoffs, often before the finals. (Just go ask the Red Wings in '95-96 or Tampa Bay a few years ago.)

I'm going to go with Rangers vs. Knights in the Stanley Cup Finals, with the Knights winning it all.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-04-18 21:07:06

At 4/17/23 06:47 AM, Pingu wrote: Don't worry, they'll find a way to bungle it up.

Well I didn't have to wait long, game 1 was a bit rough. Hopefully things will be up from here.

At 4/17/23 09:02 PM, orangebomb wrote: ABB (Anyone but Boston)

Florida needs to get in there

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-04-19 05:32:57 (edited 2023-04-19 05:33:43)

Me watching Toronto get their shit pushed in during game 1:

iu_951821_1625818.jpg

At 4/18/23 09:07 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 4/17/23 09:02 PM, orangebomb wrote: ABB (Anyone but Boston)

Placing your hopes on Florida to stop Boston? Better plant a tree, it'll bear fruit before Florida does anything remarkable.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-04-19 16:11:54

At 4/17/23 06:47 AM, Pingu wrote: At 4/17/23 09:02 PM, orangebomb wrote: ABB (Anyone but Boston)

Ehh... Don't count on it. Florida this year is a far cry from last year's team, and even they faltered badly in the second round. At the very least though, they aren't as disgraceful as Toronto is. It honestly makes me wonder how and why Toronto keeps finding ways to embarrass themselves in spite of their supposed overwhelming potential.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-04-21 05:28:35

ahahaha first Toronto loses to Tampa 7-3

and then Toronto beats Tampa 7-2

such delicious revenge, I wonder what'll happen next.

And all of the series in the West are tied 1-1. I fucking LOVE the playoffs

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-04-29 16:17:16

At 4/19/23 04:11 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 4/17/23 06:47 AM, Pingu wrote: At 4/17/23 09:02 PM, orangebomb wrote: ABB (Anyone but Boston)
Ehh... Don't count on it. Florida this year is a far cry from last year's team, and even they faltered badly in the second round. At the very least though, they aren't as disgraceful as Toronto is. It honestly makes me wonder how and why Toronto keeps finding ways to embarrass themselves in spite of their supposed overwhelming potential.

I was mistaken on Florida. They pushed Boston to a Game 7, and has arguably outplayed them throughout much of the series. IDK if the Bruins were sleepwalking all this time, or if they are really overrated and played way over their heads until now.

I do think that Boston will win this series, but I expect Toronto/Tampa Bay series winner to beat Boston in the next round.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-04-30 22:09:39

At 4/29/23 04:17 PM, orangebomb wrote: I was mistaken on Florida.

This was accurate

I do think that Boston will win this series

This wasn't. I guess TOR vs FLA is next, as well as EDM vs VGK

BBS Signature