00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

gyoro1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

288,217 Views | 4,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-06-30 06:38:05

At 6/29/06 01:44 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote:
Congratulations to Patrick Roy who will be inducted next season.
http://sports.espn.g..ews/story?id=2503222

He was inducted this year.

Yeah, but I meant that he has been voted in and will be formally inducted at a ceremony during next season.

Well, it should have a clue when the long time GM evacuated.
Even still, with Svatos, Liles, and that guy who showed up in the playoffs I see the avs as an upper-middle team, but not competing for the division title.

I'm hoping to surprise you then.

At 6/29/06 04:00 PM, da_pope wrote: I hope he busts just like every other Canuck goalie.

That's harsh. He's probably the future of netminding for Team Canada

That place is almost as bad as Montreal when it comes to being a goalie graveyard.

Nah, Montreal trade their best goalies away to Colorado where they can win more cups :D

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-06-30 15:39:25

At 6/30/06 06:38 AM, Coop83 wrote: Nah, Montreal trade their best goalies away to Colorado where they can win more cups :D

You should take out a full page ad in a Montreal Paper and have it say "Thankyou Montreal, from a Colorado Avalanche fan."

...can you write in French?

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-03 00:01:37

The penguins, while possibly one of the most terrible teams in the NHL last season have a lot of reasons to be looking on the bright side of things this year. A big reason is of course the return of Sir Sidney; he can only get better, and better than scoreing 100+ points as an 18 year old rookie is scary. next, would be the absence of Mario, i know it may sound like blasphemy, but without his health problems and questioning of when he's returning as a distraction the team can focus. on to goaltending...Marc-Andre Fleury is comming off only his first full year in the NHL, now that he's acclamaited to the atmosphere he, like sidney, will only continue to improve. Fleury showed some flashes of brillance last year, he has what it takes to be a star in the net. now, look at sergei gonchar, he's a defensive stud. despite a poor beginning he caught fire to finish the season, showing he's still one of the best offensive defensmen in the league. Coaching is also not a question mark this year, at the end of the season with Michele Therrien's system finally kicking in the team began to see success, so now it will be able to not only be instituted but also refined. The new Pens' GM, Shero, is already making it clear that losing is no longer and option, as "rebuilding," isn't either. and, the X-Factor, one, Evengi Malkin. If this kid gets out of russia NHL teams have a very big problem to deal with. he's said to be the best player in the world not in the NHL, and taking the extra year to mature is only going to help him. some say he was better than ovechkin, but not as well covered by the media 3 years ago when he was taken 2nd overall. He's big , over 6 feet, and uses that reach to his advantage, similar to how Mario used to. If you watch any of his highlights, the kid seems to be the real thing. besides all that, the penguins may also have Johnny LeClair comming back, he also was getting hot at the end after taking the entire lock-out off. Also there are a lot of kids on this team that are now veterans and know what to expect, giving this team a huge boost over last year's squad. so i see a stanley cup in the 06-07 season? No, but i do see this team, baring injury and massive trades, to stir things up and suprise a lot of people. maybe in 2 to 3 seasons this team, ifstill in the burgh, can bring Lord Stanley's cup back to the steel city.

F**K the Steelers and Roethlisburger, I live for the Penguins and Crosby

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-03 01:12:33

i don't like any from the east but i like one from the west....San Jose Sharks!!!!!!!!Go sharks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-04 16:24:13

Hey can i join im an unexpected fan from..... FLORIDA!!!!!!!

GO LIGHTNING!!!!!!! ( sniff we lost Kubina *sniff* he was my favorite defensemen...)

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-04 17:54:21

I thought i'd outline a few big trades and signings for those who haven't been paying much attention. These are all from the past week or so. I left out a few of the obvious ones, including the Bertuzzi trade, as I figured you've all heard enough of that.

--------------------

Avalance
- sign Tyler Arnason
- re-sign Brett Clark
- re-sign Karlis Skrastins
- re-sign Antti Laaksonen
- re-sign Ossi Vaananen

Blue Jackets
- sign Anders Eriksson
- sign Alexander Svitov
- sign Jaroslav Balastik
- sign Kris Russell
- acquire Fredrik Modin for Marc Denis

Blues
- re-sign Cajanek
- re-sign Dallas Drake
- sign Jay McKee
- sign Bill Guerin
- sign Doug Weight once again
- sign Dan Hinote

Bruins
- sign former Flame Shean Donovan
- sign former Senator Zdeno Chara
- sign Marc Savard

Canadiens
- re-sign Francis Bouillon

Canucks
- sign Willie Mitchell
- re-sign Sedin twins

Capitals
- sign Brian Pothier
- re-sign Brent Johnson

Coyotes
- sign Jeremy Roenick
- sign Mike Morrison
- sign Ed Jovanovski
- sign Nick Boynton

Devils
- re-sign Patrick Elias

Ducks
- Obtain Chris Pronger for Joffrey Lupul and Ladislav Smid

Flames
- sign Alex Tanguay
- sign Andrei Zyuzin

Flyers
- sign Randy Robitialle
- sign Nolan Baumgartner
- sign Lars Jonsson

Hurricanes
- sign Chad LaRose
- re-sign Eric Staal

Islanders
- sign Brendan Witt
- sign Mike Sillinger

Kings
- sign Brian Willsie
- sign Alyn McCauley
- sign Rob Blake again
- sign Scott Thornton

Leafs
- re-sign Brian McCabe
- sign Pavel Kubina
- sign Hal Gill

Lightning
- trade Fredrik Modin for Marc Denis
- trade Darryl Sydor to Stars for draft pick
- sign Filip Kuba
- sign Nikita Alexeev
- sign Andy Delmore
- sign Andreas Karlsson

Oilers
- Trade Chris Pronger to Ducks for Joffrey Lupul and a Ladislav Smid
- sign Marty Reasoner
- re-sign Dwayne Roloson

Panthers
- sign Ruslan Salei

Penguins
- sign Ruutu, former Canuck
- sign Eaton

Rangers
- sign Aaron Ward
- re-sign Martin Straka
- sign Karel Rachunek
- sign Matt Cullen

Red Wings
- Steve Yzerman retires
- re-sign Chris Osgood

Sabres
- re-sign Teppo Numminen

Senators
- re-sign Jason Spezza
- re-sign Wade Redden
- sign Martin Gerber
- sign Joe Corvo

Sharks
- sign Mike Grier
- sign Curtis Brown

Stars
- Obtain Darryl Sydor from Lightning for draft pick

Thrashers
- sign Fred Brathwaite
- sign Jason Krog
- sign Darren Haydar
- re-sign Scott Mellanby
- re-sign Darren McCarty

Wild
- sign Keith Carney
- sign Kim Johnsson
- sign Mark Parrish

--------------------

Discuss.

[Politics Lounge] - [BBS Rules] - [Portal FAQ]

~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~ Risterajas ~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-04 19:10:41

The Montreal Canadians Aquired John Grahme from the Tampa Bay Lightning they were stupid.. Grahme sucks BAD

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-05 08:42:40

At 6/30/06 03:39 PM, phileeguy wrote: You should take out a full page ad in a Montreal Paper and have it say "Thankyou Montreal, from a Colorado Avalanche fan."

...can you write in French?

Je suis desolee, je ne pas parle Francais

At 7/4/06 07:10 PM, Muffz wrote: The Montreal Canadians Aquired John Grahme from the Tampa Bay Lightning they were stupid.. Grahme sucks BAD

So they need 2 washed up goalies to back up Cristobal Huet?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-05 14:13:03

At 7/5/06 08:42 AM, Coop83 wrote: So they need 2 washed up goalies to back up Cristobal Huet?

apperently *sigh* wel at least the Lightning got Denis but i cant BELIEVE weve lost Kubina and Modin 2 of my fav players... at least we have a somewhat worth something goaltender now and we picked up Delmore hes a keeper.... but are the Canadians crazy to get Grahme hes worthless...

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-05 20:55:20

wooooooooooo

The Ducks have Pronger and Niedermayer. ahhhh snap. I don't think gooch will like that because now there's a team with two very legitamite shutdown lines.

whoopee.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-05 22:31:42

I made a mistake, the Thrashers re-signed Steve McCarthy, not Darren McCarty.

And Jeff Friesen joined the Flames, instead of Jeremy Roenick, who was very close to a deal with Calgary.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-06 09:12:31

At 7/5/06 08:55 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote: The Ducks have Pronger

At least I'm not the only team in the Northwest who's getting worse :)

At 7/5/06 10:31 PM, BastonesDeAzucar wrote: And Jeff Friesen joined the Flames, instead of Jeremy Roenick, who was very close to a deal with Calgary.

I'd sooner have JR, who's he playing for now? LA?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-06 12:27:51

At 7/6/06 09:12 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 7/5/06 08:55 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote: The Ducks have Pronger
At least I'm not the only team in the Northwest who's getting worse :)

At 7/5/06 10:31 PM, BastonesDeAzucar wrote: And Jeff Friesen joined the Flames, instead of Jeremy Roenick, who was very close to a deal with Calgary.
I'd sooner have JR, who's he playing for now? LA?

the coyotes.

Seems like the pacific division is looking to be the most competitive. All of the teams, San Jose excluded have an elite defenseman now, with the Jovanovski and Blake signings.

The only team that got worse is the stars, and they found patch work for their lost centerman quickly.

oh, btw why is Legace looked upon as a pile of burnt hair nowadays? Gerber faltered in the playoffs and got a juicy contract with the sens. Turco consistently blunders in the playoffs and he's not talked of as going to a back-up position.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-06 13:57:35

At 7/6/06 12:27 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote: the coyotes.

He went to Phoenix to be with his family, which was the main reason the contract with the Flames fell through.

Seems like the pacific division is looking to be the most competitive. All of the teams, San Jose excluded have an elite defenseman now, with the Jovanovski and Blake signings.

I'd say L.A got worse, but then again, they can't possibly do any shittier than last year.

oh, btw why is Legace looked upon as a pile of burnt hair nowadays?

Any goalie that fucks up in Detroit is looked upon as "a pile of burnt hair". Then again, three seasons in a row they've lost to lesser teams. They're just blaming the wrong people.

Gerber faltered in the playoffs and got a juicy contract with the sens. Turco consistently blunders in the playoffs and he's not talked of as going to a back-up position.

LolTurco. It probably has something to do with the assumption that the President Trophy winners are automatically the Stanley Cup Champions.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-06 15:08:52

Well the lightning should be in good shape with Denis i just hope we dont lose Fedetenko and also the Hurricanes get problems fast cause theyre in our division and it sucks to be challenged in our own division : /

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-06 17:18:58

I'd rather have Friesen. I believe he can get back to his 30 goal self.

Seems like the pacific division is looking to be the most competitive.

Northwest.

All of the teams, San Jose excluded have an elite defenseman now, with the Jovanovski and Blake signings.

Anahiem is the only team in the Pacific with defensmen that are still elite. Blake is way past his best days (Leopold was a worthy replacement) and Jovo... elite? Hahahaha. I'm just mad that the Flames will have one less dmen to take the puck from. He's so bad when it comes to turnovers. You'll see. He's good but he's no better then someone like Hannan or Ohlund.

The only team that got worse is the stars, and they found patch work for their lost centerman quickly.

The only team that got better was Anahiem.

oh, btw why is Legace looked upon as a pile of burnt hair nowadays? Gerber faltered in the playoffs and got a juicy contract with the sens. Turco consistently blunders in the playoffs and he's not talked of as going to a back-up position.

Legace isn't looking for a back up spot. He wants to be a starter. Oh, and he played much better then Turco these playoffs.

Minnie, Calgary and Van-city all got substantially better in the NW. Colorado lost some players but Tanguay is the only substantial loss and Edmonton is becoming a ghost town. Seriously, no one wants to stay. Spacek, Pronger, Peca, Samsanov, all left or are expected to. Why would everyone flee after going so deep into the playoffs?

Yes, Edmonton is a shithole.
But when your making millions, Suck it up!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-06 18:23:57

At 7/6/06 12:27 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Seems like the pacific division is looking to be the most competitive.

I dunno, you really can't tell this early which division is going to be the most competitve. Take the Atlantic, The Rangers improved and made the playoffs last season, as both the Flyers and the Devils returned. All my the sports guys I heard seem to think that the Islanders have improved in the offseason and will challenge, and the Penguins can't get any worse.

can they?

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-07 08:53:04

At 7/6/06 01:57 PM, BastonesDeAzucar wrote: LolTurco. It probably has something to do with the assumption that the President Trophy winners are automatically the Stanley Cup Champions.

Late 90s, early 00s, it was the case. Most of the champs were Western Conference teams and the majority were 1st seed, too

At 7/6/06 06:23 PM, phileeguy wrote: I dunno, you really can't tell this early which division is going to be the most competitve. Take the Atlantic, The Rangers improved and made the playoffs last season, as both the Flyers and the Devils returned. All my the sports guys I heard seem to think that the Islanders have improved in the offseason and will challenge, and the Penguins can't get any worse.

Okay, so you cover four of the Atlantic teams, but what of the NYI machine? Things were looking so good with players like Yashin being backed up by quality signings like Mike York (boy did he have a shitter last year)

What's going on there?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-07 16:11:01

At 7/6/06 05:18 PM, da_pope wrote:
I'd rather have Friesen. I believe he can get back to his 30 goal self.

you only believe that because he's on the flames, He went on a team with nobody, where he could grab the spotlight and failed. Then he moved to a fast team that would seem to play to his strengths and he failed again. The defensive flames will just keep him on the same slope he's been sliding down.

Seems like the pacific division is looking to be the most competitive.
Northwest.

Edmonton flew down the tubes defensivley, and Colorado is far worse than before. Leopold won't replace Blake's offense or his defense. Sakic's aging and svatos is injury prone. Plus if theodore continues his blah play, they haven't a shot. Minnesota is better, and I expect them to get 7th or 8th, more teams from the pacific will make the playoffs.

All of the teams, San Jose excluded have an elite defenseman now, with the Jovanovski and Blake signings.
Anahiem is the only team in the Pacific with defensmen that are still elite. Blake is way past his best days (Leopold was a worthy replacement) and Jovo... elite? Hahahaha.

I'm just mad that the Flames will have one less dmen to take the puck from. He's so bad when it comes to turnovers. You'll see. He's good but he's no better then someone like Hannan or Ohlund.

The only team that got better was Anahiem.

The kings shored up their goaltending, signed someone to quarterback the powerplay and help on defense. They most certainly got better.

Minnie, Calgary and Van-city all got substantially better in the NW.

A playmaking left wing and an already past his prime friesen are hardly substantial, though if he and iginla click, which is obviously what sutter is banking on, that'll be a heck of a line to deal with.

Colorado lost some players but Tanguay is the only substantial loss and Edmonton is becoming a ghost town. Seriously, no one wants to stay. Spacek, Pronger, Peca, Samsanov, all left or are expected to. Why would everyone flee after going so deep into the playoffs?

Yes, Edmonton is a shithole.
But when your making millions, Suck it up!

If you can make millions in a better town, on a better team, why not?
Edmonton will need their minor league D-men to rise up and they'll need roloson to be elite to challenge, but lupul should be good for 45 goals now that he's on a team where he can grab the sptlight

Also, I hope the ducks trade Jiggy to detroit or another town for a good forward, then they'd really be on their way.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-07 16:36:33

At 7/7/06 08:53 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 7/6/06 06:23 PM, phileeguy wrote: All my the sports guys I heard seem to think that the Islanders have improved in the offseason and will challenge
Okay, so you cover four of the Atlantic teams, but what of the NYI machine? Things were looking so good with players like Yashin being backed up by quality signings like Mike York (boy did he have a shitter last year)

What's going on there?

Like I said, I'm just relaying to you what I've heard from certain sports journalists, if they wen't into detail, I missed it as they were on the TV. I'll stick by my statement of it still being too early to say for sure.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-08 02:54:34

http://www.sabresrep..abreslogo2006-07.jpg

So apparently the sabres decided the NHL was fine and all, but they'd rather just play football.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-08 13:37:26

At 7/8/06 02:54 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: http://www.sabresrep..abreslogo2006-07.jpg

So apparently the sabres decided the NHL was fine and all, but they'd rather just play football.

Meh, I guess that is just a happenstance of living in a town called Buffalo. Their sports teams logos are bound to have something to do with a Buffalo (in reality a Bison) on them. I'm sure if for example Eagle Colorado had a minor league baseball team - which they may, I'm not researching this - it's uniform would probably have an Eagle somewhere.

I'm glad to see the Sabres atleast kept the "B" with sabre through it. Atleast they still have something on their jerseys that represents their name, unline the Buffalo Bills which have no inkling of a "Bill" or "Bills" or even "Buffalo Bill Cody" on theirs.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-08 16:26:17

WHo do yall think got the best Players and the best Deal in the Draft

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-08 16:52:04

At 7/8/06 04:26 PM, Muffz wrote: WHo do yall think got the best Players and the best Deal in the Draft

Best Player: Leland Irving :P
Best Move: Tangauy for Leopold and two 2nd rounders.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-08 19:43:19

At 7/8/06 04:26 PM, Muffz wrote: WHo do yall think got the best Players and the best Deal in the Draft

I think Kessel will show why he was once projected at no. 1.

Best deal is probably the Raycroft trade. It helps boston dump some cap, which then aided in the two huge signings they made.
It also gave them goalie security for a few years, as Rask is a great prospect.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-08 20:35:43

okay heres two more questions

1. What do you think the team to be could be or do you think its to early to tell? thats what i say
2. Name your choices to TAke the Conferences ( Eastern and WEstern)

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-08 20:44:00

At 7/8/06 08:35 PM, Muffz wrote: okay heres two more questions

1. What do you think the team to be could be or do you think its to early to tell? thats what i say

If the Ducks trade Jiggy for a dynamic center, then them. Even without a trade they'll for sure contend.

2. Name your choices to TAke the Conferences ( Eastern and WEstern)

West - Ducks
East - Rangers. Don't bank on Jagr getting injured at the start of the playoffs again. Plus, Lundquvist with a season and playoffs under his belt? Forget about it.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-09 11:22:28

ya well know the Lightning have half decent goaltending now we should be contenders except i dunno how we will recover from losing Sydor,Modin, and Kubina

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-09 16:47:39

At 7/9/06 11:22 AM, Muffz wrote: ya well know the Lightning have half decent goaltending now we should be contenders except i dunno how we will recover from losing Sydor,Modin, and Kubina

Denis is good but he's no Khabi.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-09 17:50:50

At 7/9/06 04:47 PM, da_pope wrote:
At 7/9/06 11:22 AM, Muffz wrote: ya well know the Lightning have half decent goaltending now we should be contenders except i dunno how we will recover from losing Sydor,Modin, and Kubina
Denis is good but he's no Khabi.

Indeed. They stumbled into the playoffs last year. Dennis isn't a huge step up from the other duo and won't compensate for the loss of those players.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature