00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RadicalRonik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

288,232 Views | 4,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-10 09:15:59

Brendan Shanahan touches down on Broadway. Coup for the Rangers!

Expect some good things there

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-10 13:31:53

At 7/10/06 09:15 AM, Coop83 wrote: Brendan Shanahan touches down on Broadway. Coup for the Rangers!

Expect some good things there

Indeed. Their signing of cullen shouldn't go overlooked, either.

also

http://sports.espn.g..ews/story?id=2514959

Havlat's on the Blackhawks now. Oh my.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-12 00:26:46

The Wings go after Belfour is sad.

If you want an old guy to play starter, just let Osgood have the job.

Or, better yet, stop laying all of the blame for your poor playoffs on Legace and resign the guy.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-12 04:26:17

At 7/12/06 04:04 AM, -Canas- wrote: Or better yet, go after Jiggy and give away that useless Datsyuk.

They can give away that 'useless Datsyuk' to us, we'll take him, he's cheap!

At 7/12/06 04:16 AM, -Canas- wrote: CALGARY (CP) - Darryl Sutter is stepping down as head coach of the Calgary Flames and will be replaced by assistant Jim Playfair, a source told The Canadian Press on Tuesday.

*jaw drops*

Well, at least someone's taking pity on the fact that we suck.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-12 17:45:09

http://www.nhl.com/schedules/index.html

Schedule's out. The Ducks opener is on home ice against the kings. That'll be swell.

Also lewl sutter. MAybe the flames will score some goals with a different coach behind the bench

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-12 18:34:38

Hafta wait until December 6th before we see a rematch of the 2 Stanley Cup teams. I really think they should play that game early on in the season, if not the first game and thusly nationally broadcasted.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-12 18:52:45

At 7/12/06 06:34 PM, phileeguy wrote: Hafta wait until December 6th before we see a rematch of the 2 Stanley Cup teams. I really think they should play that game early on in the season, if not the first game and thusly nationally broadcasted.

well

The Sabres and Canes open against each other.

In Carolina. Buffalo has to watch as the Hurricanes hoist up the banner.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-13 09:05:51

At 7/12/06 05:45 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Schedule's out. The Ducks opener is on home ice against the kings. That'll be swell.

We start against the only team we really finished off last season, though both teams will be vastly different.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-24 12:44:01

Atlanta thrashers (my home team)
Aneheim mighty Ducks

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-24 12:46:52

Ilya Kovalchuck is my favorite
but he cant score any more it
used to be EVERY time he shot
he scored

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-24 12:48:54

Habs signed Gainey to an extention, which is the best signing we could have made.

Rumour is we might be trading (RIBIERO PLEASE) for Briere, which would be amazing. Even if we don't, a line of Samsonov-Koivu-Kovalev will be great. I think this is the year where the Habs finally make a strong playoff push.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-24 12:51:25

I apologize, I forgot to post my two teams.

East: Montreal
West: Chicago

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-07-26 08:26:33

At 7/24/06 12:44 PM, Rambo26 wrote: Atlanta thrashers (my home team)
Aneheim mighty Ducks

Just the Ducks nows.

And said Ducks are saying good bye to the pond D:. Now it's the honda center. :(.

Meh, at least it isn't nashville's rink. rofl.

And army ant, Montreal will make a strong playoff push. if Huet plays even half as well as he did last season that is. But even if he doesn't, I doubt aebischer can play any more poorly than he did between the Montreal pipes than he did in his few outings last season.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-08-05 05:39:32

ROAROROSAKRSAK.

Lotsa stuff has happened since we last saw a post in here.

The Eagle landed in Florida, the Dominator is back in Detroit for what will surely be a third injury plagued stint. The Sabres continued to have cap issues with resigning all of their players, and they have 3 more to squeeze in.
Kyle Calder and Michal Handzus each found new homes.

It's been a long summer, but training camp is only weeks away. :)

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-08-05 05:45:46

At 8/5/06 05:39 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: It's been a long summer, but training camp is only weeks away. :)

Time to strap on some blades and fight like men once more!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-08-11 16:14:07

Haha. I laugh at all the people shocked about Sutter stepping down as coach.
This was expected. He said that he'd only coach for a season or two and then hand the riegns to Playfair who he pretty much groomed to be his clone.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-08-11 17:18:44

I'm very late into this whole gig, but upon Coop83's suggestion, I'll join the fray. From the west, my very own Colorado Avalanche, and from the east, I'd say my adopted hometown NY Rangers. Glad to see that there are some hockey fans around!

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-08-11 19:34:32

Wow...its been a while since I've seen this topic. Its been quite a busy off season and I am so looking forward to seeing some NHL hockey again in September when the pre-season starts.

I say it every year, so I'll say it again now...Leafs for the Cup.

LOL...blind optimism

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-08-11 19:35:49

At 8/11/06 07:34 PM, mighty_potato wrote:
LOL...blind optimism

Well hey... according to toronto media... Every free agent is coming to Toronto!

:P

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-08-11 19:46:55

At 8/11/06 07:35 PM, da_pope wrote: Well hey... according to toronto media... Every free agent is coming to Toronto!

We also signed Wayne Gretzky circa 1985...didn't you hear the news?

GO LEAFS GO

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-08-12 01:11:06

No one wants to mention Eric Desjardin's retirement? He officially let everyone know Thursday at his press conference. Rico ended up playing 17 seasons for the NHL his first 6 with Montreal and his last 11 with the Flyers. Of course he had that crazy hat trick in the '93 finals with Montreal in game 2, which they went on to win the cup.

Problem with Eric the past few seasons were injuries, with his shoulder, arm, and now hip. Still, he's probably one of the classiest guys I've seen play over the better part of the past score. Desjardins was offered a deal to play one last season with Montreal, but he turned it down to retire as a Flyer, which was nice to Flyers fans but saddens me a bit as we didn't see the Flyers win a cup with him while he was on the roster.

He says he's going to take it easy for a while and move back to Quebec, but don't be surprised if you see him coaching in a few years.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-08-12 03:33:30

He had a solid career and I wish him luck.

So I made a trip to the Oilers message boards. They're treating the Sykora signing like the second coming of christ. You should hear, 'em it's good stuff!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-08-12 10:04:24

At 8/12/06 03:33 AM, da_pope wrote: He had a solid career and I wish him luck.

So I made a trip to the Oilers message boards. They're treating the Sykora signing like the second coming of christ. You should hear, 'em it's good stuff!

Kind of like flames fans and Friesen :o

I bet Sykora's good for 35 goals though, maybe 20 assists. He'll have a playmaking center to feed him up right.

And also, Legace finally signed. The blues got him at a bargain. Look at Legace's and Gerber's season and playoff stats. The only reason Legace got screwed over is because Detroit placed all of them blame on him. When gerber faltered they just benched him and went on. Then, later, when Gerber was needed again, he stepped up and got a win.

Detroit really blew his confidence. I hope he doesn't become a Lalime type goalie.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-08-13 16:19:04

At 8/12/06 10:04 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Kind of like flames fans and Friesen :o

???

I don't expect anymore out him then I do out of Amonte... Roughly 15 goals. However if he can get back to the level he was at before the lockout then he could easily do 20. Same goes for Amonte.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-08-13 16:37:45

Oh man. There are even Oiler fans who actually believe that Sykora is better Tanguay.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-08-13 20:09:27

At 8/13/06 04:37 PM, da_pope wrote: Oh man. There are even Oiler fans who actually believe that Sykora is better Tanguay.

aw geez.

Then again, some Oilers fans make it look like the ducks got totally and completely robbed on the pronger deal.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-08-14 13:32:11

dfjashf.

So, I doubt anyone knows, but there's a nice "Thorton battle"
Which isn't actually a battle, because Joe dominates every other person with thorton as a last name.

But either way, Scott signed with LA and Shawn signed with the Ducks.
Shawn isn't really even expected to crack the roster. BUT BATTLE NONETHELESS.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-08-15 04:24:29

Does anyone know if there's a Yahoo NG Fantasy Hockey league this year? Maybe I should PM dobio and see if he's setting us up again.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-08-15 04:39:58

At 8/15/06 04:24 AM, Coop83 wrote: Does anyone know if there's a Yahoo NG Fantasy Hockey league this year? Maybe I should PM dobio and see if he's setting us up again.

Do it.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2006-08-15 12:55:17

At 8/15/06 04:39 AM, da_pope wrote:
At 8/15/06 04:24 AM, Coop83 wrote: Does anyone know if there's a Yahoo NG Fantasy Hockey league this year? Maybe I should PM dobio and see if he's setting us up again.
Do it.

I've already spoken with Dobio. Yes, he'll be creating the league. Signups don't start until late august because yahoo is focusing on the football dealio.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature