00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Davethemann1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Broken Medals Thread

120,651 Views | 1,309 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Deal With the Devil

I'm pretty sure all the medals are broken in this game since some time in 2019 when the last unlocks occurred.

Problem is, the game was originally released as a Flash game, and the medals worked in that, but it was also released in such a way that, if you did not have Flash, then an HTML5 version of the game would instead load but unfortunately the medals never worked in that.

One might think a potential workaround is enabling Flash plugin in the browser (see my signature for an example of such method) but no dice. The HTML5 version seems to be what loads, rather than the Flash version, even in browsers with Flash plugin enabled.

And I know for fact I've completed the requirements for at least one of the medals I'm lacking, and not been awarded it.

Ideal would be if the author would port the medals to HTML5 as well.

Having both a Flash and HTML5 version of a game, is a novel approach I've not seen on the site before, but unfortunately since the medals were not implemented in the HTML5 version, and since that appears to be all that'll load anymore, I have to conclude broken medals game unless someone has some more info on this or some workaround.

----edit----

And as an extra bonus, it appears the game doesn't even work anymore, at all. You can insert the coin but then you cannot make any selections after that, either in Chrome or Firefox.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-06-24 03:16:24

And now Deal with the Devil seems to be working again, at least in Chrome browser.

Still the issue of the medals being only for the Flash version of the game, but currently only the HTML5 version of the game being presented to play, however.

Unless the game author ports the medals to HTML5 as well.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-06-24 13:08:34

At 6/24/22 03:16 AM, NeonSpider wrote: Deal with the Devil

I've discovered a way to open the game in newgrounds player:

1. ctrl f the html of the Deal with the Devil webpage for 'newgroundsplayer'.
  2. copy the link. should look like: newgroundsplayer:690234_numbers&letters\
  3. open the link in a new tab

The medals for the flash version are still working this way. Good luck getting them all; it took forever to beat the game once...

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-06-25 03:12:03

At 6/24/22 01:08 PM, OneThousandMeeps wrote:
The medals for the flash version are still working this way. Good luck getting them all; it took forever to beat the game once...

What's the exact link, and do you have one that'll work with Flash (As in, actually using official Adobe Flash and not Newgrounds player)?

If not, at least posting the exact link for the Newgrounds player version for that game might help some people.

If you have an exact link that will force the Flash version that would be ideal.

I don't think I can use Newgrounds player as I'm on Linux and isn't that Windows-only? I could be wrong.

And yeah it's frustrating when you do earn one of the medals but then it doesn't give it to you because HTML5 version. And it's also frustrating that the Flash version won't load in the browser I have set up for that and instead only the HTML5 version ever loads.

My own tips for that game (provided the game is working at the moment for you), would be make heavy use of that Deal button, which generally gives you a lot better odds, but of course there's still that one medal that must be obtained without using the Deal button. Probably the hardest one if I had to guess.

I have 3 medals awarded on profile and one more medal I should have but was cheated to me due to the HTML5 version not honoring medals.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-06-25 16:18:27

At 6/25/22 03:12 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 6/24/22 01:08 PM, OneThousandMeeps wrote:
What's the exact link, and do you have one that'll work with Flash (As in, actually using official Adobe Flash and not Newgrounds player)?

If not, at least posting the exact link for the Newgrounds player version for that game might help some people.

It actually generates a different link each time. You need your own link to be able to unlock medals on your account.

If you have an exact link that will force the Flash version that would be ideal.

Ruffle doesn't support the version of flash that Deal with the Devil is made with. Which browser do you use that still runs flash? I haven't been able to unlock medals with Waterfox, which is the only one I know.

I don't think I can use Newgrounds player as I'm on Linux and isn't that Windows-only? I could be wrong.

It does seem to be windows only.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-06-25 17:51:42

At 6/25/22 04:18 PM, OneThousandMeeps wrote: Ruffle doesn't support the version of flash that Deal with the Devil is made with. Which browser do you use that still runs flash? I haven't been able to unlock medals with Waterfox, which is the only one I know.
It does seem to be windows only.

See my signature. But it's possible to run actual Adobe Flash on Pale Moon browser, with some initial trouble of getting it all set up. 32-bit plugin on the 32-bit browser to be able to run all Flash submissions, or 64-bit plugin on the 64-bit browser works for a lot of stuff, but not anything that used Stage3D (for that you need the 32-bit or game-breaking "wrong wmode" errors)

Should also work with Waterfox though.

It's not exactly trivial to setup, hence my newspost of how to do so, and a link in my signature for anyone who was browsing Newgrounds and wanted to play old games that don't work on Ruffle.

It also requires have the plugins themselves which, to my knowledge, Adobe no longer provides, so it really is a case of hopefully people saved that stuff from years ago.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-06-25 20:02:37

At 6/25/22 05:51 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 6/25/22 04:18 PM, OneThousandMeeps wrote:
See my signature. But it's possible to run actual Adobe Flash on Pale Moon browser, with some initial trouble of getting it all set up.

here's a video of me opening the flash version of the game in pale moon: drive

For some reason, I could only get it to work switching to a different tab, as shown in the video.

This is the different game I used: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/576052

Hopefully the medals will work!

this game's medals did not save for me i think it only works for ng player so uhh yeah which means it might be broken a little

A guy that has moved on from newgrounds to make real video games not just poorly made action script games made in a week or so

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-07-29 22:21:12

So this game is causing some trouble:

Some of the medals seem to be unlocking correctly, but some of them, eg. Killer (make 100 cumulative kills) have only had 2 people earn them (the dev being one of them). The medal unlocks in the game, but not on NG.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-07-30 20:49:39

2 other broken games:

Nothing on Flap Starship is unlocking.

Also, "Finally MAKE IT" isn't unlockable in MAKE IT as an Artist

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-08-01 02:20:27

At 7/29/22 10:21 PM, JimmyCarlos wrote: So this game is causing some trouble:

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/653268

Some of the medals seem to be unlocking correctly, but some of them, eg. Killer (make 100 cumulative kills) have only had 2 people earn them (the dev being one of them). The medal unlocks in the game, but not on NG.

Has there been any update if the medals were corrected?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-10-07 08:39:26

At 10/6/22 10:26 PM, ramagi wrote: game works medals broken Crystals (newgrounds.com)
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/619065 game never loads
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/690711 game never loads

Looks like Ninja Miner requires a connection to A10 that no longer returns anything, I've gone ahead and unpublished that.

Laser Links Puzzle is interesting, I can't get past the menu screen. I wonder if some of the Construct2 code no longer works in modern browsers or if something else is going on there... Might be an issue with loading a third party asset that is failing.

Wonder what broke with the Crystals medals, as well. They have a note in the page saying this version no longer works and it links to another version without medals. Maybe I should unpublish the medals version?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-10-07 10:19:15

At 10/7/22 08:39 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/6/22 10:26 PM, ramagi wrote: game works medals broken Crystals (newgrounds.com)
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/619065 game never loads
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/690711 game never loads
Looks like Ninja Miner requires a connection to A10 that no longer returns anything, I've gone ahead and unpublished that.

Laser Links Puzzle is interesting, I can't get past the menu screen. I wonder if some of the Construct2 code no longer works in modern browsers or if something else is going on there... Might be an issue with loading a third party asset that is failing.

it probably has some old code that no longer works like this one

or this one where the jump key doesn't work on this site yet works on another site

Wonder what broke with the Crystals medals, as well. They have a note in the page saying this version no longer works and it links to another version without medals. Maybe I should unpublish the medals version?

Yea i noticed that as well, i see no issue esp sicnethere another update version on the site.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-10-16 15:02:03

Steam King (newgrounds.com)

all game does is go tell you play it on another site.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-11-13 04:57:34

when i played madness combat project nexus i couldn't get the slaughter rank impossible medal where i had to kill 5000 enemies but i already did it twice i deleted my arena save file and i killed 5000 enemies again but the medal still wasn't there did i do something wrong by deleting my arena save?

Can anyone confirm if medals are broken or not in this game? I tried reloading several times but they don't seem to unlock for me.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-11-19 20:09:21

I can earn medals in the game but when I go below the game to see them, it's only the medals I got before flash got shut down.

I hope I did this right. Sorry if I'm intruding, just eager to earn some achievements.

Denser than Osmium

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-11-20 00:55:11

At 11/13/22 05:09 PM, Optimos wrote: Can anyone confirm if medals are broken or not in this game? I tried reloading several times but they don't seem to unlock for me.
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/807156

It worked for me in NG Player. A lot of submissions that are eligible for NGP seem not to unlock medals when viewed on the site.

On a different topic, I couldn't get any medals to unlock in Castle Crashing the Beard HD after trying twice, but people earned them as recently as 2 hours ago, so not sure what the problem is? Using Firefox.

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-11-21 19:55:12

At 11/20/22 12:55 AM, Bobogoobo wrote:
At 11/13/22 05:09 PM, Optimos wrote: Can anyone confirm if medals are broken or not in this game? I tried reloading several times but they don't seem to unlock for me.
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/807156
It worked for me in NG Player. A lot of submissions that are eligible for NGP seem not to unlock medals when viewed on the site.

I totally forgot about the NG player, I had it turned off in the accounts options. I turned it on and got the medals, thank you!

On a different topic, I couldn't get any medals to unlock in Castle Crashing the Beard HD after trying twice, but people earned them as recently as 2 hours ago, so not sure what the problem is? Using Firefox.

I'd suggest trying a different browser like Chrome.

Abobo's Big Adventure appears to be broken. I've tried switching browsers, turning off adblock + trackers, and changing the computer's date, but nothing works. Others in comments also have issues.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-12-01 13:13:41

At 12/1/22 12:30 PM, SodaMazing wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/587787

Abobo's Big Adventure appears to be broken. I've tried switching browsers, turning off adblock + trackers, and changing the computer's date, but nothing works. Others in comments also have issues.

What isn't working for you when you play it? I'm able to start it up and start playing but I could be missing something that happens later in the game.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-12-01 13:14:54

At 12/1/22 01:13 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/1/22 12:30 PM, SodaMazing wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/587787

What isn't working for you when you play it? I'm able to start it up and start playing but I could be missing something that happens later in the game.

The medals, they show up as notifications, but they aren't earned. The icons for em are also blank.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-12-06 08:06:48

I've tried to get the rest of the medals for Don't Escape 2, and while it says I've earned them in the Newgrounds player (the notification and medal earning sound play), it doesn't appear on the actual page saying I've earned them.

Denser than Osmium

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-12-21 14:58:03

I'm also having a problem with [REVIVE], less related to the medal, more so the game itself

in short, one of the levels has a bug which prevents me from getting a medal

Denser than Osmium

None of these medals worked for me.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-12-27 12:28:28

At 12/27/22 11:44 AM, GUTHRIE wrote: None of these medals worked for me.

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/736611

What did you use? Ruffle, NG Player or original Flash Player?

Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй!

And release [the Leopards-done] ATACMS & F-16s!

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-12-27 12:44:43

At 12/27/22 12:28 PM, HerbieG wrote:

Ruffle in Chrome

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2022-12-27 12:52:54

At 12/27/22 12:44 PM, GUTHRIE wrote:

Ruffle in Chrome

Try installing NG Player and running the game with it. I just tried it with a test account and these medals do work this way - check the strawberry medal for example. For some reason at some point Little-Rena's games just refused to unlock medals on Ruffle.

Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй!

And release [the Leopards-done] ATACMS & F-16s!

At 12/27/22 12:52 PM, HerbieG wrote:
At 12/27/22 12:44 PM, GUTHRIE wrote:

Ruffle in Chrome
Try installing NG Player and running the game with it. I just tried it with a test account and these medals do work this way - check the strawberry medal for example. For some reason at some point Little-Rena's games just refused to unlock medals on Ruffle.

Thanks for testing! Unfortunately, my main portable is a chromebook and my PC runs Linux. But it's good to know that they work in NG Player! Maybe I'll run a VM to use NG Player.