00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Junkerkota just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Old User Re-Introduction Thread

68,437 Views | 616 Replies

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-10-10 17:10:17

Hello, I'm CyrilDraws and I've recently rejoined Newgrounds. I was a lurker since 2016 and in 2021, I created an account to submit art. However, it didn't get much attention so I left but after thinking it through, I decided to give this site a second chance.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-10-15 10:12:00

not sure if i did one of these before so im gonna do one now

im ray. i got the name defklaw after two instances. the first was when my old college classmate said that a tooth i had extracted looked like a deathclaw's claw and also the way i pronounce deathclaw (which happens to be "def-klor"). im perfectly content with the name though. also sheer coincidence, i also enjoy the fallout series.

i was first exposed to newgrounds through the torture game 2. i cant say for certain when this was but im assuming that it was probably around 2013-2014 (now if only my account join date was set to that year instead lmao). im not sure what the fuck was going on through my mind during that time but im sure that it had to do with something personal related. either way, whenever i play the torture game 2, i am overwhelmed with nostalgia. however, after that, i would forget about the site for a while. it wasnt until around 2016-ish that i finally remembered the site and began frequenting it. i still didnt have an account during this time but goddamn, i fucking wish that i did.

i created the defklaw account on march 20th, 2021. however, the account has had several names throughout the past months (the most recent one being SuperunknownYT, a evident reference to the soundgarden album of the same name). i havent posted anything worthwhile to my account (mainly because i cant find a drummer for my band) but im hoping that will change soon. in the meantime, you might find me wondering around the BBS (is it still even called that?) so do keep an eye out.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-10-18 17:25:51

Anyone remember me? It sure has been a while.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-10-18 20:40:35

I mainly pop in when a new Sublo and Tangy Mustard episode is out but I used to frequent NG a lot. Despite that, it's still great to not only see the community still kicking, but grew into a haven for artists.

Even though it's been so long, I still have many memories of the site. I still remember the original Assassins page, the NG Secrets page with Last Piece of Cake, Snarlie Brown, and promises of Tom Fulp's nude pics, games like Tsunami Lootup and Disorderly, to the tragic outcome of Livecorpse.

I remember when Tom turned Alien Hominid from a great flash game to a fully fledged console releases. I remember how big it felt to me, to see something from NG accepted by mainstream public, given how anti-culture NG was then. Crazy to see how far The Behemoth has come.

It's been very nostalgic revisitng the movies and games I grew up with, To see it available still, and in a post-Flash world to boot is impressive I'm very big on archiving and NG really embodies this.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-10-19 08:20:17

hahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahaha

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-10-25 22:01:30

At 10/18/22 05:25 PM, RedCoin wrote: Anyone remember me? It sure has been a while.

bro has been here since the pre colonial era

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-10-26 14:31:19

Hello again all. I have been being lurking this website since 2003 or 2004 and I finally decided to make an account in 2006.

Hope all is well. ♥️

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-10-26 22:09:18

This is like my re-re-re-introduction. Hey bb's

Krash17's mental health secrets:

Drink more water, sleep well, and if you want friends, be a friend.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-10-27 14:04:01

Hey there,

I used the account mostly for browsing the contents back in the days and I think it's time to return here.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-11-05 19:07:37

17 years ago today, i made this account. wild how the time passes.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-11-07 23:09:32

I became a regular visitor on Newgrounds in 2006; I made this account in 2009 as my second in order to have a unified username across different areas of the web, but I swiftly and immediately abandoned my original account.

Like most I got my start here as a teenager. In the years since I come and go, mostly go, but I'm currently trying to stick around a bit longer than usual.

You can find me being an obnoxious shit poster on the General forum currently.

If you've already seen me or have the displeasure of knowing me, then hi.

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-11-08 18:12:26

Hello, so I signed up here waaay back in 2005 and this is my first post.

I used to love the internet before it became all pussy and crybaby friendly, nowadays everything online is just shit.

Also I've never used this username anywhere so no one will be able to know who I am, I think its some celebrity or some shit, it used to be a running joke in my teens because I'm a bit of a mental case and they started calling my alter personality 'Roy'.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-11-09 04:05:15

12 year old account with barely any activity here, probably gonna be posting some writing or drawing not too sure yet!

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-11-10 04:02:39

At 8/15/20 07:59 AM, TomFulp wrote: @Susanowoo suggested that we create an OLD User Introduction thread, for old accounts that have never introduced themselves or have just returned to NG after years of absence. I've seen a good number of returning visitors in recent years so this sounds like a fun idea.

If you're an old user who has been lurking, this thread is your opportunity to let yourself be known!

Hello, I'm Lino, I came back recently out of curiosity and slight nostalgia for the site. It was comforting to see it still up and running as well as keeping much of the same throughout the years, Initially, I was trying to grow on Twitter as an artist for the better part of a year now, and even though I managed to gain a significant following I was having trouble getting used to the constantly evolving landscape of trends and niches, then I remembered that NG had an Art section that I never paid much attention to when I was younger, but now it appears to be a much better place for me to share my drawings and connect with others around the same interests!

I definitely intend to start using NG more often now knowing it's a much more friendly environment for artists!

My favourite threads:

[ This is a robbery | Greet the cat. ]

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-11-12 01:19:51

Heyo! I'm Karma and I made my account a few years ago here because I was one of the last minute replacement animators for the Freaky Fred ReAnimated project the second time it opened. Then I immediately forgot about. And while the mass migrations away from platforms usually doesn't hit me, I'm honestly bummed out about DA blowing up today so I came back here to give this place a try. At the very least it's an art platform run by artists! I've heard the community is good too, and it's survived a really long time since I remember watching animations on here in middle school by artists I liked, haha.

I haven't done a lot of animating lately since I've been focused on my visual novel projects. I released my first fully put together one this year on itch.io called Don't Toy With Me, so you'll see some illustrations from it and my current projects in my gallery. I'd like to get back into animating again sometime though. ✨

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-11-13 00:35:42

Hey guys,

My account goes back a few years but I've been hanging around here since I could count to 10 (Probably explains a lot about me). I'm glad that in the recent past this place has been getting more attention and love, cause it's probably the closest thing I have to a home online. Got no immediate plans here besides to show some love to the artists and creators I like. Feels good being back though.

Oh yeah, I also like booze, anime, and metal if I have to give a fun fact to the class

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-11-13 20:13:43

hello. while i can't say i'm new to newgrounds, i am having a hard time understanding the ui and other features that i most likely don't know of, and maybe that help me understand the ui more.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-11-13 22:35:59

i had i think 2 old accounts a few years before this one that i deleted, i made this one in january, and only started really using it last month.

yo yo folks, im the autism master

"Don't you understand? You lost to fate! Walking the path of justice is true fate!"

autistic robot girl

she/her

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-11-23 05:32:42

Hello everyone, I'm Reaperyami. I came here 16 years ago, a young babe fresh to the internet. I witnessed many beautiful artistic creations bubble up from the ether that is newgrounds and have always loved what this site brought to the table in terms of the relationship between creator and creative platform. I've joined so many fun threads and clubs on the BBS that inspired future aspirations for me. I've also been gone a long while... but I'm glad to see that Newgrounds is still Newgrounds. Hello again old friends, it's nice to see you all again.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-11-24 14:07:57

Greetings, I'm KuiperPop. I make art of fun cartoony stuff and have some storyboards of animations in the process for passion projects. There's also the rare occasion of making and uploading music on here, that's mostly a side hobby.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-11-27 18:21:28

hey, im an artist that does mostly digital media like digital drawings and other photoshop goofing, and im currently still learning Blender making 3D models and maybe later animation. Been a BIG fan and advocate for Newgrounds. the biggist inspirations that lend me here to newgrounds is Sleepycabin podcast crew and some other stuff like the classic flash games and other artist that i love

Spare a coin to a fellow artist?

BBS Signature

Hello! I'm a long-time lurker of Newgrounds who recently remembered I have an account, due to a certain billionaire's meddling with another online platform. I've been posting a backlog of older stuff I worked on. It would mean the world to me if you checked it out! :)

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-11-29 05:33:58

Heya, everyone

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-11-29 05:36:16

At 11/29/22 05:33 AM, OctoTeen wrote: Heya, everyone

This is a new account I made since I lost my old one.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-12-01 14:35:14

hi i havent been logged on here for a while what shold i do

hi everyone im back

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-12-04 01:50:43

Hi i'm SodaMazing

I used to make YouTube videos but now i'm semi-retired. I like to eat chips and watch TV all day.

I enjoy metal music, dogs, and video games.

I look forward to being active on this site for a good while and connect with the community, even if i don't plan to make my own content.

BBS Signature

So, uh, I’ve been dead and in a grave for a year, but I’ve revived, and decided to return here, and I’ve been backlogging some of my 2022 art here too. I still remember so much of when I first signed up here, but it’s nice knowing things here are still going mostly the same! As for the art, yep I’m still going at it, and in fact, here’s one of my favorites of the year

huh

BBS Signature

I used to browse Newgrounds when I was younger. The whole resurgence of it made me want to finally create a proper account instead of spontaneous lurking for the last how many years. Couldn't be happier that it's back in the limelight. Always brings back lots of memories from the good days, and now great new ones.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-12-17 13:55:26

I visit every once in a year here or so ever since.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-12-21 09:01:51

Does this count as old? Idk

Came here at like 9 or something to make shitty games and now do bug bounties on here, 38 vulnerabilities found ever since i came back here