00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Phins just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Old User Re-Introduction Thread

68,441 Views | 616 Replies

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-01-22 01:26:57

At 1/19/23 09:37 AM, M3ta6 wrote: not sure if 2017 counts as old for NG standards but i think i been around for atleast 5 years so thats something

2017 is not old. Normally, something is considered NewGrounds old after at least 12 years.

Yo, I'm M3tabble! or M3ta for short. I draw, write stories, but I mostly make games and stuff. I originally came to newgrounds because I wanted to know more about the site and wanted to become a part of the community, but funny thing is that i never actually ended up doing much of anything lol. Currently coming back to Newgrounds in support of the exclusive comic i've been working on, and I feel like This comic would help me in becoming more involved with Newgrounds so birght skies ahead!!

Welcome. Good luck with your comic.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-01-22 01:32:35

At 1/22/23 01:26 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 1/19/23 09:37 AM, M3ta6 wrote: not sure if 2017 counts as old for NG standards but i think i been around for atleast 5 years so thats something
2017 is not old. Normally, something is considered NewGrounds old after at least 12 years.

Yo, I'm M3tabble! or M3ta for short. I draw, write stories, but I mostly make games and stuff. I originally came to newgrounds because I wanted to know more about the site and wanted to become a part of the community, but funny thing is that i never actually ended up doing much of anything lol. Currently coming back to Newgrounds in support of the exclusive comic i've been working on, and I feel like This comic would help me in becoming more involved with Newgrounds so birght skies ahead!!

i think 12 years is a little over estimated....maybe 8+ or something, i mean 2017 was like 6 years ago but ig it doesn't matter much

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-01-22 01:52:47

At 1/20/23 10:50 PM, BlastoiseTheNGUser wrote: I am one of the 2013 users, I mostly made stuff around 2019-2022 though
(I done Kill Hitler)

Are you thinking about coming back for good?

@BlastoiseTheNGUser

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-01-22 17:14:02

At 1/21/23 04:34 PM, grimblade wrote: Dropping in just to say hi. Hell of a blast from the past, pure childhood nostalgia right in the veins. Anyone have recommendations to binge on a rediscovery tour? I vaguely remember going through a tonne of clock crew stuff and Johnny Rocket Fingers back in the day.

Welcome back to NewGrounds. There have been so many great video game spoofs over the years. You can start with 8 bit Mario and work your way up.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-01-25 19:35:57

At 8/15/20 07:59 AM, TomFulp wrote: @Susanowoo suggested that we create an OLD User Introduction thread, for old accounts that have never introduced themselves or have just returned to NG after years of absence. I've seen a good number of returning visitors in recent years so this sounds like a fun idea.

If you're an old user who has been lurking, this thread is your opportunity to let yourself be known!

Hi, I’m Taxman2A. I made my account in 2001, when I was in college. Next year my oldest son is going to college. That’s how friggin’ old I am. Happy to see NG still exists and is doing well.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-01-26 05:08:16

At 1/20/23 10:50 PM, BlastoiseTheNGUser wrote: I am one of the 2013 users, I mostly made stuff around 2019-2022 though
(I done Kill Hitler)

You've got an amazing name

If you read this, you get a virtual cookie

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-01-26 07:15:23

At 1/21/23 09:02 PM, Alex-Arrow wrote: "Who the fuck are you?"

Oh, just some idiot that joined way back in '03, but only NOW STARTS POSTING IN THE FORUM!

F.

Anyways, I am finally getting much more serious about my art and plan on getting into animation (any suggestions on where to start? Not like I can just go grab a copy of Macromedia Flash; now there are plenty of other choices.)
(There is also that dream of making a game, but that is for some other time.)

What type of game were you thinking about making?

@Alex-Arrow

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-01-26 10:58:23

At 1/26/23 07:15 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 1/21/23 09:02 PM, Alex-Arrow wrote: "Who the fuck are you?"

Oh, just some idiot that joined way back in '03, but only NOW STARTS POSTING IN THE FORUM!

F.

Anyways, I am finally getting much more serious about my art and plan on getting into animation (any suggestions on where to start? Not like I can just go grab a copy of Macromedia Flash; now there are plenty of other choices.)
(There is also that dream of making a game, but that is for some other time.)
What type of game were you thinking about making?

@Alex-Arrow

Some form of shooter. Was thinking for a start, it would be a 2D 'side scrolling'/'platform' style (forgot if it has a name, run n gun?). It would also be team and class based.

(Someone did release an extension for Gdevelop to make old school 2.5D, like the first Doom and Wolfenstein. So, that might also be a possibility.)

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-01-26 15:20:04

At 1/22/23 01:32 AM, M3ta6 wrote:
At 1/22/23 01:26 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

i think 12 years is a little over estimated....maybe 8+ or something, i mean 2017 was like 6 years ago but ig it doesn't matter much

I would say at least ten years to make something old on the internet. As time goes on, people seem to forget things faster.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-01-28 18:19:21

hallo i am monster 64

you may not remember me but i made lotsa friends on here that i lost contact with. now im just trying to relive my late adolescence while doing soul breaking adult work :3

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-01-30 02:37:19

At 8/15/20 08:19 AM, DrSevenSeizeMD wrote: Also we can bitch about being old.
My back hurts.

My cock is limp

Michael Garza Show is on YouTube - Rumble - Spotify

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-01-30 03:36:37

At 1/28/23 06:19 PM, Monster-64 wrote: hallo i am monster 64

you may not remember me but i made lotsa friends on here that i lost contact with. now im just trying to relive my late adolescence while doing soul breaking adult work :3

Welcome back. Adulting can be quite difficult and boring. Will you be more active now?

@Monster-64

BBS Signature

Hey, everyone! I'm Kid-Vegeta, (known as Genaker on other platforms.)

I first started my newgrounds journey back in around 2013-2014, didn't make an account until quite recently, as you can see from my join date. I never really was that into NG, but I'm willing to give it a chance.. ..in 2023. (i feel like I waited 10 years too long, but whatever.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-01-31 00:43:45

At 1/30/23 02:37 AM, azrag wrote: My cock is limp

That can happen in old age. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-02-01 16:14:21

AYYY Monster, I remember you

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-02-01 16:40:37

At 2/1/23 04:14 PM, CiviLies wrote:

Yayaya i remember you too! The thought of you and how you're doing sometimes crosses my mind. How've you been? (If you wanna take this to PMs i understand)

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-02-02 11:27:50

At 2/1/23 04:40 PM, Monster-64 wrote:
At 2/1/23 04:14 PM, CiviLies wrote:

Yayaya i remember you too! The thought of you and how you're doing sometimes crosses my mind. How've you been? (If you wanna take this to PMs i understand)

PMs or forums doesn't matter to me all that much. I'm good with either.

I'm not too shabby. Got a job, food in the fridge, and a roof over my head so it can certainly be worse. I just recently got health insurance again so I need to schedule an appointment with my psychiatrist so I can get a refill of antidepressants. Nothing big or significant has been going on in my life though.

How've you been??? I hope you're doing well!

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-02-02 21:14:19

At 1/30/23 09:54 PM, Kid-Vegeta wrote: Hey, everyone! I'm Kid-Vegeta, (known as Genaker on other platforms.)

Hey.

I first started my newgrounds journey back in around 2013-2014, didn't make an account until quite recently, as you can see from my join date. I never really was that into NG, but I'm willing to give it a chance.. ..in 2023. (i feel like I waited 10 years too long, but whatever.

It's never too late to join NewGrounds. Will you start being active now?

@Kid-Vegeta

BBS Signature

Hi Everyone, my name is NK2007, I discovered newgrounds for the first time around 2014-2015. because of flash games, after hearing a lot about the site, so I visited newgrounds and created NK2007 in August 2022 (of course, after my English improved so much, and after I learned how to create animations)

reason i discovered newgrounds in less words:Games made in Flash(because of loading screen with newgrounds logo)

I like to make animations :)

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-02-05 17:47:47

Remembered that I had this account for nearly 20 fucking YEARS.

Jesus Christ. I am not as active anymore but I will always make a time to shitpost in general or check out some threads or clubs. a lot of y'all are babies. When I joined I was a big baby so yeah. but its amazing how long newgrounds has been going for.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-02-08 03:13:50

At 2/2/23 02:00 PM, stevthestev wrote: hey guys im stev i make cool fnf stuff and occasionally pixel art follow me now become my friend now

Is this your first account?

@stevthestev

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-02-09 00:38:35

At 2/4/23 08:45 PM, NK2007 wrote: Hi Everyone, my name is NK2007, I discovered newgrounds for the first time around 2014-2015. because of flash games, after hearing a lot about the site, so I visited newgrounds and created NK2007 in August 2022 (of course, after my English improved so much, and after I learned how to create animations)

reason i discovered newgrounds in less words:Games made in Flash(because of loading screen with newgrounds logo)

Has NewGrounds actually helped you to learn English?

@NK2007

BBS Signature

At 2/9/23 12:38 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 2/4/23 08:45 PM, NK2007 wrote: Hi Everyone, my name is NK2007, I discovered newgrounds for the first time around 2014-2015. because of flash games, after hearing a lot about the site, so I visited newgrounds and created NK2007 in August 2022 (of course, after my English improved so much, and after I learned how to create animations)

Has NewGrounds actually helped you to learn English?

@NK2007

I learned english after watching a DVD called "Disney Magic English"

After that i had the interest in english, my english got better in End of 2018, because my old english was Very Basic.

Newgrounds made my english Very important,because i was using english almost for nothing(only Just for my old animations).

@DoctorStrongbad

I like to make animations :)

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-02-09 15:59:36

At 2/8/23 07:48 AM, stevthestev wrote:
At 2/8/23 03:13 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 2/2/23 02:00 PM, stevthestev wrote: hey guys im stev i make cool fnf stuff and occasionally pixel art follow me now become my friend now
Is this your first account?

@stevthestev

yeah its my first account

Just curious. Sometimes users will be like, I used to have an account back in the day with a different name.

BBS Signature

I really need to start posting again.. I wish real life didn't take over my time so much so I could post on here as much as I used to.

Also slight necrobump I guess since it has been 9 days.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-02-18 02:08:07

At 2/18/23 08:45 PM, Viper wrote:
I really need to start posting again.. I wish real life didn't take over my time so much so I could post on here as much as I used to.
Also slight necrobump I guess since it has been 9 days.

Real life can eat up so many of your hours. Especially, a job.

Are you going to try being more active?

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-02-18 02:26:16

At 2/18/23 02:08 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 2/18/23 08:45 PM, Viper wrote:
Also slight necrobump I guess since it has been 9 days.

Yeah. Especially when the majority of my days are: wake up, come to terms with the fact I have to go to work, eat, get ready for work, go to work, come home at like 11pm, then go to bed.

I might. It depends on if I'm able to get some time in here or there to post a bit more. I miss being on here and I'm coming up on the 13th birthday of my account this June. I decided to give the ol BBS a look again because my younger brother sent me a YouTube playlist with Newgrounds stuff on it. I kinda.. ran into a video of Regret's on there, went into a whole thing with my brother about what happened, then decided to check out the In Memoriam page on here because I randomly remembered it, and ran into a new names that I recognized but didn't know had passed since I was last heavily active on here. So it's more of a "hey I'm checking in so everyone knows Viper is still kicking" and me wanting to be active on the site even if it's to a lesser extent than I used to be. Like I'm on here technically every day to accumulate XP but I'd like to post more often than the random milestone posts I make in the Wi/Ht Level Up thread.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

At 2/18/23 02:08 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

:At 2/18/23 08:45 PM, Viper wrote:
: I really need to start posting again.. I wish real life didn't take over my time so much so I could post on here as much
: I used to.
: Also slight necrobump I guess since it has been 9 days.

Yeah. Especially when the majority of my days are: wake up, come to terms with the fact I have to go to work, eat, get ready for work, go to work, come home at like 11pm, then go to bed.

It really stinks that you have to work to live as an adult.

I might. It depends on if I'm able to get some time in here or there to post a bit more. I miss being on here and I'm coming up on the 13th birthday of my account this June. I decided to give the ol BBS a look again because my younger brother sent me a YouTube playlist with Newgrounds stuff on it. I kinda.. ran into a video of Regret's on there, went into a whole thing with my brother about what happened, then decided to check out the In Memoriam page on here because I randomly remembered it, and ran into a new names that I recognized but didn't know had passed since I was last heavily active on here. So it's more of a "hey I'm checking in so everyone knows Viper is still kicking" and me wanting to be active on the site even if it's to a lesser extent than I used to be. Like I'm on here technically every day to accumulate XP but I'd like to post more often than the random milestone posts I make in the Wi/Ht Level Up thread.

There is nothing wrong with checking in every week or month.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-02-23 23:59:37

Hey, all! I was late to the Newgrounds party, as I created my account in 2012. My adolescence and high school years were spent on AlbinoBlackSheep, though I sincerely wish I had bet on this race horse all along.

What's to say? I'm a writer & designer, involved with films and video games. My day job is as the narrative lead at Bright Star Studios, though I'm also using my own resources to develop my dream video game with a dedicated team now. After I clear a few more hurdles, I want to focus more on screenwriting and be a good father. In the time from opening my account to now, I've gotten married and have a son. Time flies.

I also want to engage with the Newgrounds community more and make up for the what I missed out on as a kid. I've been sharing some of my professional works lately, but I think it would be great for me to create artwork here for the sake of creating artwork. Joy goes a long way, which is why we're all gamers.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2023-02-25 04:20:15

At 2/23/23 11:59 PM, DarthBotto wrote: Hey, all! I was late to the Newgrounds party, as I created my account in 2012. My adolescence and high school years were spent on AlbinoBlackSheep, though I sincerely wish I had bet on this race horse all along.

Everybody has 20/20 vision in hindsight.

What's to say? I'm a writer & designer, involved with films and video games. My day job is as the narrative lead at Bright Star Studios, though I'm also using my own resources to develop my dream video game with a dedicated team now. After I clear a few more hurdles, I want to focus more on screenwriting and be a good father. In the time from opening my account to now, I've gotten married and have a son. Time flies.

Time does fly. It also seems to go faster the older you get.

I also want to engage with the Newgrounds community more and make up for the what I missed out on as a kid. I've been sharing some of my professional works lately, but I think it would be great for me to create artwork here for the sake of creating artwork. Joy goes a long way, which is why we're all gamers.

Creating content for NewGrounds is always nice and gives you a feeling of satisfaction.

@DarthBotto

BBS Signature