00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SomeApe just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Appeal Thread

39,230 Views | 583 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-04 18:57:54

Sooooo I was banned for making a GD Shop remix, yet in the rules it states you're allowed to make remixes if they are uncopyrighted.

"BossaBossa" by Kevin Macleod is uncopyrighted and royalty free, yet it was flagged and I've been banned for about a week or two with no response at all.

Could you please help with this situation? Even a reply assuring me I'm perma-banned would be better than no response at all. Thanks!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-04 20:55:16

At 4/4/22 06:57 PM, OhStylerr wrote: Sooooo I was banned for making a GD Shop remix, yet in the rules it states you're allowed to make remixes if they are uncopyrighted.

You missed the second sentence of that: We can not accept covers of songs you've heard on the radio or anything else that you don't have rights to.

"BossaBossa" by Kevin Macleod is uncopyrighted and royalty free, yet it was flagged and I've been banned for about a week or two with no response at all.

It was closed by a mod.

Could you please help with this situation? Even a reply assuring me I'm perma-banned would be better than no response at all. Thanks!

Mixing together a bunch of other people's works isn't really a remix. Just because it isn't in traditional copyright doesn't make it fine to take. Right near the top of the audio rules is the following:

Do not upload audio that you did not create and have full rights to.

The biggest take away is that creative commons is not public domain. Incompetech (Kevin Macleod) falls under creative commons in that it has to be fully credited to use in things which don't earn royalty, and must be licensed otherwise. That isn't permission to modify his work.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-05 13:39:13

At 4/4/22 08:55 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 4/4/22 06:57 PM, OhStylerr wrote: Sooooo I was banned for making a GD Shop remix, yet in the rules it states you're allowed to make remixes if they are uncopyrighted.
You missed the second sentence of that: We can not accept covers of songs you've heard on the radio or anything else that you don't have rights to.

It was closed by a mod.

Mixing together a bunch of other people's works isn't really a remix. Just because it isn't in traditional copyright doesn't make it fine to take. Right near the top of the audio rules is the following:

The biggest take away is that creative commons is not public domain. Incompetech (Kevin Macleod) falls under creative commons in that it has to be fully credited to use in things which don't earn royalty, and must be licensed otherwise. That isn't permission to modify his work.

Ah, I see. I should have researched it before uploading then. Am I perma-banned?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-07 15:08:49

Hello. I've appealed and did not get a response, mostly because my appeal sucked. I wanted to ask, can a ban expire and if yes, when does it expire?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-08 06:40:49

Hello, one of my recent songs was copyright claimed due to a sound effect. I'm aware that using copyrighted sfx is against the ToS, but does that include the sounds that are free to use?

I used Rain Sound that I downloaded from the website (mixkit.co), and their license states that they are free to use both commercially and non-commercially (Source: https://mixkit.co/license/#sfxFree). Am I missing something or was it a mistake from the scanning program?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-08 20:41:27

At 4/8/22 06:40 AM, gep112 wrote: Hello, one of my recent songs was copyright claimed due to a sound effect. I'm aware that using copyrighted sfx is against the ToS, but does that include the sounds that are free to use?

I used Rain Sound that I downloaded from the website (mixkit.co), and their license states that they are free to use both commercially and non-commercially (Source: https://mixkit.co/license/#sfxFree). Am I missing something or was it a mistake from the scanning program?

This is one of those weird cases of "a bit of both". The track flagged is actually protected under sound recording copyright (℗ 2020 Relaxland Records) in that the specific recording is protected but not the arrangement. ℗ is a weird rabbit hole to go down if you're bored.

Rain is a dumb thing to get flagged though. It's kind of the trap of stock effects in that they're "ok to use" but also not, and it depends on a whack of weird nuance.

I've ended up recording my own waves to ensure that everything was my work, but I recognize that isn't feasible in a lot of cases.

I've actioned the appeal. Be more aware of the dark side of free use sounds I guess...

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-10 05:18:32

i tired to get banned by uploading my music on NG. Idk who is this authors, whose songs sounds similar. I made song which tried upload by myself, but bot thinks different. Can admins/moderators or some powerful persons help me? Or unban me? please. thankyou for attentioniu_597456_8951178.webp

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-13 22:10:07

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: Hi there!

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

To keep things moving along, make sure you have done the following FIRST:

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

Ok so I uploaded a song, got banned for it, then emailed you guys and got nothing. The song was not copyrighted and I even asked the creator of the song if I could use it and he said yes. I dont know why this is happening but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-13 22:10:36

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

Hello. I made a remix of Chemical Plant Zone from Sonic 2 and decided to upload it to newgrounds. I got banned, of course. I really should've read the terms in depth, instead of hastily posting a remix that breaks the rules. That was September of 2021, now its April 2022 and I still haven't done anything about it, until now. Is it ok for me to be unbanned from uploading audio? I promise that I will make sure to abide to the rules/terms.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-13 22:22:37

At 4/13/22 10:10 PM, KingDaddyMakle wrote: Ok so I uploaded a song, got banned for it, then emailed you guys and got nothing. The song was not copyrighted and I even asked the creator of the song if I could use it and he said yes. I dont know why this is happening but any help would be greatly appreciated!

From the audio rules:

"Do not upload audio that you did not create and have full rights to.

Newgrounds is a place to share your own original works, not to post your favorite song from the radio or a song your friend asked you to upload. If you didn't make it, DO NOT upload it."

The above is regardless of whatever agreements you may have had with the original artist.

At 4/13/22 10:10 PM, ZeneB wrote: Hello. I made a remix of Chemical Plant Zone from Sonic 2 and decided to upload it to newgrounds. I got banned, of course. I really should've read the terms in depth, instead of hastily posting a remix that breaks the rules. That was September of 2021, now its April 2022 and I still haven't done anything about it, until now. Is it ok for me to be unbanned from uploading audio? I promise that I will make sure to abide to the rules/terms.

I'll look into your audio and think on it.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-15 11:04:15

At 4/14/22 05:21 AM, AndroidKing wrote: Hello! I got banned for posting a song (Not an Option) which was marked as containing copyright material from "No Escape" by Unjin. I have filed an appeal 3 days ago and I received no response before the case was closed. Is there a chance I could upload the song or at least get the ban removed?

You tried uploading someone else's media and admitted to it. Not sure what kind of justfication you need for the site to enforce the rules you agreed to.

Newgrounds is a place to share your own original works, not to post your favorite song from the radio or a song your friend asked you to upload. If you didn't make it, DO NOT upload it.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-24 09:55:22

I was making a song and spent… idk how long. That’s not the point. It was matched to a song I know little of, and I don’t know how to make the team believe I didn’t copy.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-24 21:36:37

Hello, I submitted a song and it matched with a very different jungle song. I don't seem to find any similarities in both tracks, and a response would be very helpful. It's been 6 days since I submitted my appeal, so I hope it gets resolved before the final day. Thank you!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-25 15:07:51 (edited 2022-04-25 15:09:47)

Be polite.

HI! Uh so I accidentally closed the appeal sorry! Also I was posting my new audio project until i got a copyright strike from an audio that I didnt even know this is only my 5th day using NG pls unban ;3;

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-25 16:37:43 (edited 2022-04-25 16:43:00)

At 4/19/22 03:19 PM, AmongRyzh wrote: I’ve banned for uploading copyrighted music.

The bot says copyright but in this case it was stock loops (which the referenced track also used, thus the comparison), which another mod verified.

At 4/24/22 09:55 AM, Itsslanderous wrote: I was making a song and spent… idk how long. That’s not the point. It was matched to a song I know little of, and I don’t know how to make the team believe I didn’t copy.

Mod closed appeal for stock loops use, similar to above where the referenced track also used the same loops

At 4/24/22 09:36 PM, JariXGaming wrote: Hello

At 4/25/22 03:07 PM, a11iat0r3 wrote: HI!

Sorted.

Unrelated but thread relevant, @geovanap269 it's a bit odd you're going around reacting every post. I logged in to a wall of notifications of you reacting every of my posts in this thread (and every other one...), which drowns out legit appeals. I'm going to ask you not continue that, it clutters up my notifications for this topic. You can react this one so I know you've read it though.

I can see a closed appeal is likely why you're cruising the thread. If you're upset about it you're welcome to make a proper case for it rather than the junk you included in your appeal:

iu_616636_1387436.png

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-29 12:05:05

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/21467

I got banned from using Xenoblade X music. I at first thought the ban would be lifted if I passed the due date, but it was still shown. I’ve tried making an appeal, but made it last only for a day and closed it by mistake. If you or any of the staff can remove it for me, it’d be very helpful.

I'm Carly.H, the creator of the webcomic series Gravity Rider, as well as one of the artists for Kishti's Movie Corner. 

~Icon made by xXDreamyPastelsXx~

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-29 12:54:33

At 4/29/22 12:05 PM, CarlyChannel wrote: If you or any of the staff can remove it for me, it’d be very helpful.

Note the other mod's comment on the appeal. You'll want to replace the audio with something more suited as a background.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-29 15:11:06

Hi! My own song was recently copyright claimed while I tried to upload it. I accidentally closed the appeal (https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/edit/21930), so I'm writing here now. My email for this account is the contact email you can use, and it's the same email that I linked in my YouTube profile: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChcLzKhZ4DLLqsVpf6zmfNg/about

I don't really have any social media accounts I actually use, at least yet, so that could be an inonvenience, sorry, but I hope I could be cleared of this claim and any other possible future claims for Toir's music as Toir is me

Thanks for your time

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-05-05 16:45:49

Hello I was banned on the 4th of May this year due to copyright Infringement because it was apparently similar to another song. I had used a program/app called Launchpad for IOS which uses sample packs so maybe we both used the same pack? I also haven't gotten a chance to listen to their work and don't remember their name as I couldn't go back to the appeal to look because I accidentally closed the appeal mistaking it for a submission button of sorts. If you could help me get unbanned I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-05-09 22:43:03

Hello, I'm here to request an appeal on my audio ban from some days ago following the post of an audio piece of mine I'd planned to use in a Geometry Dash level. I made the piece on my own, but it broke rules on spam for being primarily white noise. This was an oversight on my part and I do not plan to repeat this, however, I would like to request that I'm able to post things again as I do still have plans for other, more acceptable content to pair with my levels.

Thank you for reading and understanding,

Pyraven

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-05-10 07:12:59

At 5/9/22 10:43 PM, Pyraven wrote: Hello, I'm here to request an appeal on my audio ban from some days ago following the post of an audio piece of mine I'd planned to use in a Geometry Dash level. I made the piece on my own, but it broke rules on spam for being primarily white noise. This was an oversight on my part and I do not plan to repeat this, however, I would like to request that I'm able to post things again as I do still have plans for other, more acceptable content to pair with my levels.
Thank you for reading and understanding,
Pyraven

You messaged a mod within two hours of the ban, in which you claimed to be "entirely unaware" of the rule (despite nine prior submissions in which you had to review and agree to the rules). White noise is not a new addition to the wording.

The ban has an expiry date, and is not related to the auto flagging bot.

You can wait for it to expire.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-05-24 03:51:08

Be polite.

Hi. My audio has been flagged for copyright by myself, and I don't even know how because I haven't released the song yet. It's supposed to come out on this friday on all platforms, but maybe because I uploaded it to distrokid it thinks I am someone different

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-05-28 21:15:43

Hey, I tried submitting a remix that I made for a song that is on Newgrounds. I had full permission from the artist but P Bot flagged the remix to my remix. It has also been 6 days since I was supposed to file an appeal (I did). Another thing is that it is the 2nd time i've been flagged for my own music and I had been planning on uploading my past and future music onto Newgrounds. Am I gonna have to deal with P Bot every single time?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-05-30 11:06:31

Be polite.

yo

im banned but idk for how long. It’s my song. It’s called Cry To Sleep (Instrumental) and it says it’s copied from “Red Math”.

hard demon

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-05-31 16:48:03

The above are sorted. Expect delays in forum replies, busy with life.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-06-01 23:29:32 (edited 2022-06-01 23:31:43)

Hi. About a year ago I gotten notified that I couldn't upload audio anymore because I uploaded a song that didnt belong to me. I was confused at first because the original creator said that he was fine with the audio being used for small projects and games as long as he's credited. But it was one song.

But all my other original songs are gone. I'm hoping on getting at least those back.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-06-03 12:43:02

Hi, I was false banned today and I assume it's due to the fact that iIve also uploaded my metal cover of the song used in Wasureta in geometry dash on youtube under a different name, and the copyright system though it was stolen. All other things I uploaded were unreleased and original so I'm completely in the dark on why this has happened. This is my music. Please help.iu_656276_8234344.pngiu_656277_8234344.png

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-06-04 17:50:46

At 6/3/22 12:43 PM, ImagineBeingJC wrote: Hi, I was false banned today and I assume it's due to the fact that iIve also uploaded my metal cover of the song used in Wasureta in geometry dash on youtube under a different name, and the copyright system though it was stolen. All other things I uploaded were unreleased and original so I'm completely in the dark on why this has happened. This is my music. Please help.

Upon closer inspection of the rules I noticed that covers/remixes aren't allowed, I'm happy to take the 2 projects that are remixes down, however all other stuff I've uploaded is 100% original. I hope this gets seen as I was in the process of trying to get whitelisted by the GD elder mods. So if any audio portal mods are seeing this, Hi! and please help.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-06-24 16:53:15

Hi, so today my song was flagged to be infringing "Bounce" by Dom!no, which is a song I never heard of, let alone the song I made and the infringed song sound similar. I don't know exactly how this happened, since 1. the song I uploaded is mine. I created it in the first place to be in a video game I'm working on, and then made an longer version of it that is uploaded. 2, none of the audio in that song is sampled from the infringed work and all of the samples are either from the game's audio files, my voice, and also a meme. And 3, was it flagged because the waveform or spectrogram looked similar to a bot? And when I researched it, it turns out that the likely culprit behind it was because the bot thought the ending of my song was the same as the other song.

I got my song flagged over a "WTF BOOM" meme.

Yay.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-06-29 15:19:18

Hi there. I was planning to upload a song today titled 'jumper {loop}, and while I was editing it, I got a copyright strike that stated I infringed on another song.

I didn't sample the song at all, and if I did, I would've mentioned it in the description (which i didnt) and I would also mention it in the terms and conditions for distribution.

here is the appeal form: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/27871

we chillin

BBS Signature