00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Swferino just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Appeal Thread

39,225 Views | 583 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-11-30 08:09:44

At 11/30/22 07:17 AM, cooldude2144 wrote: ok unblock me from posting music

No. Actions have consequences.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-11-30 09:17:27

At 11/30/22 08:09 AM, Pingu wrote:
At 11/30/22 07:17 AM, cooldude2144 wrote: ok unblock me from posting music
No. Actions have consequences.

ok

PRAISE MAREDCAY AND GIBEY OR ELSE YOU DIE!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-12-07 15:15:42

I was banned for a song I made minutes beforehand and looked up the song it said I stole from and neither it not the maker exist anywhere online. Maybe mine is similar but I can't even find who they are

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-12-13 18:01:35 (edited 2022-12-13 18:06:43)

I don't want to appeal anything. I just want to remove a song.

Because apparently, we are unable to remove our own audio anymore...

Edit: Found the un-publish button, nevermind

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-12-15 14:16:59

Hello! Please unban me, I got blocked by releasing MY song "The WishHouse - Syeet Endy" on Newgrounds and I don't understand, how to post my songs, that also exist on other platforms??

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-12-15 19:21:37

hello! i accidentally canceled my appeal but i've been falsely flagged. my track was fully original and i can prove it by providing recordings of my project's file.

thanks in advance,

nightiger

nightigerxo@gmail.com

youtube com / @nightigerxo

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-12-16 21:51:34

Appeal

Have another track being hit by the bot copyright infringement program. Still just as funny a song published in 2021 is trying to pin it on one published in 2013.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-12-17 06:42:32

At 8/23/22 12:05 PM, LAsthmatique wrote: Hi ! I recently tried to upload a song that I made on Newgrounds, but a copyright infringement was detected. Twice.

So, 10 days ago I uploaded a song on this website, which was the first song I made and therefore my first submission, but a copyright infringement for these songs was detected :
"嵐の中の航海" by Ryo Matsushima Music
"Ebenezer Ó Ceallaigh Suite - Voyage" by Bdrg
Since I didn't use these songs in any way, I filed an appeal, which was closed 4 days later, without changing anything. I'm pretty sure I didn't close it myself.
I then tried to reupload the same song 5 days ago (I didn't know that it was a bad idea), but again, a copyright infringement was detected, but this time with only the second song. I filed another appeal, and once again it got closed without changing anything (and I didn't close it myself either), except that now I can't even upload any audio file anymore.

Since then, I read the rules related to the submissions (I know that I should have done it earlier, but again I'm pretty new and I didn't think this kind of situation would happen), where I learned that if a third copyright infringement was detected, I'd be banned. And I don't want that to happen, obviously, so I'm trying to get some help here.

Here's a link to the song I wanted to upload (I believe it's not advertisement in this situation. And I know it's not great, I'm just a beginner), in order to prove that it has nothing to do with the other two songs, except of course the genre. I'd be happy if anyone could help me.

Also, another thing. Even if my song is very different from the original song by Symphony of Specters, it's a remix of this song. So technically, I should have the author's consent. Therefore I sent a private message to them, but like, they don't exist anymore, it'll probably take a lot of time until someone answers me, if it ever happens. Could I just upload it nonetheless, knowing that both their song and mine (if I somehow manage to upload it) are Royalty-free, that I'll send the authors a message telling them to just contact me if they want me to delete it, and that my music is really different than the original ? If it's not the case, well, I won't do it, it's not a big deal.

That's it, thank you if you can help me. I hope it's understandable, too.

Well, it's been nearly 4 months and nothing has changed. The incorrect copyright infringement is still here, and I can't submit my song again or else I'll be banned. And no one ever replied to my message here, so this might be useless.

So I don't know if it'll change anything, and I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you, but I'll try mentionning @Pingu. Can someone please make it so somehow I can upload my song on Newgrounds ? I mean, it's not even that great of a song but still, I'd like to put it here and there's no reason I can't, since I didn't do anything wrong. That's it, I hope that this time someone will be able to help me.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-12-17 14:29:21

At 12/17/22 06:42 AM, LAsthmatique wrote:
Since then, I read the rules related to the submissions (I know that I should have done it earlier, but again I'm pretty new and I didn't think this kind of situation would happen), where I learned that if a third copyright infringement was detected, I'd be banned.

Not sure where you found that interpretation, the automatic checker levies a ban automatically.

Anyways, I've reviewed and sorted it. This appeal came up while I was away over the summer and must have been missed in the pile of appealed appeals. A mod had closed the appeal but I think there was a misunderstanding on the source material.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-12-17 16:00:33

At 12/17/22 02:29 PM, Pingu wrote: Anyways, I've reviewed and sorted it. This appeal came up while I was away over the summer and must have been missed in the pile of appealed appeals. A mod had closed the appeal but I think there was a misunderstanding on the source material.

Thank you ! :)

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-12-22 16:13:47

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-12-22 21:25:38 (edited 2022-12-22 21:27:03)

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: Hi there!

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

To keep things moving along, make sure you have done the following FIRST:

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

I made an appeal today about an song "Technology" I read it really fast not being careful saying No Copyright Free, I thought it meant Copyright Free, After P-Bots message about the audio being infringement, I went back to the video read it carefully, then boom, it went to my head No Copyright Free Means It's Copyrighted. I would like for you to take my account off hold please, I'm sorry for uploading it. Kind Regards PC Hero My Appeal:https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/47307

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-12-22 21:30:47

At 12/22/22 09:25 PM, DaRealPCHero wrote: I made an appeal today about an song "Technology" I read it really fast not being careful saying No Copyright Free, I thought it meant Copyright Free, After P-Bots message about the audio being infringement, I went back to the video read it carefully, then boom, it went to my head No Copyright Free Means It's Copyrighted.

Do not upload audio that you did not create and have full rights to. Do not upload music you did not make because you want to use it in Geometry Dash.

The two first rules you agreed to when attempting to upload the media

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-12-30 01:49:03

Hi :)

Thanks for approving my audio!

I had a look through the rules and googled around a bit, but couldn't really find an answer to my question. Figured this would be the best place to ask

If I upload other songs from my EP, will they also need to go through the appeals process? I'd like to put them on here but I'd feel bad spamming you guys with appeals

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-12-30 08:22:54

At 12/30/22 01:49 AM, liefhebber wrote: If I upload other songs from my EP, will they also need to go through the appeals process? I'd like to put them on here but I'd feel bad spamming you guys with appeals

The auto-checker applies to unscouted users. Tom scouted you, so you shouldn't get any grief from the machine.

Rules still apply :)

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-12-30 10:49:41

At 12/30/22 08:22 AM, Pingu wrote:
At 12/30/22 01:49 AM, liefhebber wrote: If I upload other songs from my EP, will they also need to go through the appeals process? I'd like to put them on here but I'd feel bad spamming you guys with appeals
The auto-checker applies to unscouted users. Tom scouted you, so you shouldn't get any grief from the machine.

Rules still apply :)

Noted, thank you so much!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-12-31 19:12:49

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/48192

I closed the case because i didn't knew if i needed to close it to send to staff

I had put all the information before closing it

─▒▓██▄▀▌▐

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-01 13:02:02

At 12/31/22 07:12 PM, TenentHill wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/48192

I closed the case because i didn't knew if i needed to close it to send to staff
I had put all the information before closing it

Check the comment on it.

Reminder for random lookers on that closing the appeal means it is no longer disputed and accessible. Like closing a case, or closing a door behind you.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-07 20:22:17

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

sup

been releasing my music on Spotify

rereleased my original music (2 songs)

obviously got striked but it’s my own music.

told p bot…

it got approved but I don’t see it when I look through the audio uploads. Is my account locked? I don’t know. Lmk.

just looking for another place to release my orginal dj music 👻👻

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-07 21:15:49

At 1/7/23 08:22 PM, VEGAZMATTHEW wrote: it got approved but I don’t see it when I look through the audio uploads. Is my account locked? I don’t know. Lmk.

It's on your audio tab...

iu_861224_1387436.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-08 08:02:03

Hi, recently I post two songs (one of them) which were banned because of "Uploading copyright audio in a mashup". I guess, the copyrigth audio I used is this track. But, this track is NOT copyrighted: it is not available on digital stores (Spotify, Apple Music, etc.) and was distributed freely to all comers. I want the moderators to talk to me about this topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-08 09:03:33

At 1/8/23 08:02 AM, M4Music wrote: Hi, recently I post two songs (one of them) which were banned because of "Uploading copyright audio in a mashup". I guess, the copyrigth audio I used is this track. But, this track is NOT copyrighted: it is not available on digital stores (Spotify, Apple Music, etc.) and was distributed freely to all comers. I want the moderators to talk to me about this topic

The only mashups allowed are your own music. Using other peoples works is against the guidelines and the spirit of Newgrounds

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-08 10:40:01

At 1/8/23 10:36 AM, FreddyCool wrote: lol

Tracks which have nothing to do with an appeal belong in the Audio Portal Cleanup Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-11 23:44:33 (edited 2023-01-11 23:54:32)

I don't have an appeal because I was scouted. I posted remixes for the track COSMOS but I got banned until 2028. I would like to ask, that is not under copyright if I have permission.

The fact is that one of the members of one group that broke up wrote on his page on the social network VK that everyone can make their own remix of the track COSMOS from Sleeping Hummingbird?

I just noticed that almost everyone had these remixes removed, but there were others. Among them there are non-original works, that is, re-uploaded from another account.

Examples:

This is a reupload - https://w ww.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1167488

Hahaha, this is a re-uploaded of MY remix from g2961 account, which also deleted, but re-uploaded remained- https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1182552

This is a low quliaty version of KOCMOC - https://w ww.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1183672

This is remix with a AXUIS LINK original remix - https://w ww.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1186243

How could it not be blocked? - https://w ww.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1185663

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-11 23:56:17 (edited 2023-01-11 23:57:36)

At 1/11/23 11:55 PM, tox wrote:
At 1/11/23 11:44 PM, g2961 wrote:

you are allowed to just post the link instead of adding spaces into the links to make it look like you are trying to dodge some kind of invisible wall

example

example 2

. https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1186561

example 3

link to a song

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-12 00:16:27

At 1/11/23 11:56 PM, tox wrote:
At 1/11/23 11:55 PM, tox wrote:
At 1/11/23 11:44 PM, g2961 wrote:
you are allowed to just post the link instead of adding spaces into the links to make it look like you are trying to dodge some kind of invisible wall

example
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1186561

example 2
. https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1186561

example 3
link to a song

Oh, ok. They just told me that I'm spamming.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-13 09:30:04

I had the cosmos remixes blocked. But it doesn't matter. The important thing is that the remaining 24 tracks were blocked, which do not have copyrights at all, or there were remixes, but the original authors wrote comments under them, and they did not say anything that I posted the remix without permission. Can I find out more specifically why they were blocked?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-15 01:56:08

Be polite.

Hello, I did the goof move and closed the appeal. Can I fix this somehow? Thank you much!!!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-16 21:04:23

At 1/15/23 01:56 AM, BentSteam wrote:

Be polite.
Hello, I did the goof move and closed the appeal. Can I fix this somehow? Thank you much!!!

The track I attempted to post was one I made myself in Logic using stock sound effects (not loops) of things like clapping and clown horns. The track the auto-copyright said was similar sounded nothing like mine, not even using any of the same sound effects. I accidentally closed the appeal. What can I do to be able to share music again?

Thanks!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-17 09:44:54 (edited 2023-01-17 09:46:13)

@Pingu. How do I verify my copyrights to my songs, that I own on this platform? I even left a link to official group in the description of track "The Wishhouse by Syeet Endy" (https://vk.com/sunriseovernight) . And my appeal about copyright was closed for no reason.iu_870032_13148010.png