00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

technomantics just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Appeal Thread

40,500 Views | 607 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-16 14:33:04 (edited 2024-01-16 14:43:49)

At 1/15/24 01:33 PM, Icebberg76 wrote: hi, I went to upload a song named vortex, a song i had previously made and released on Spotify before, only to get hit by my own copyright. if i need to somehow prove that Spotify account is mine, I'd be willing to do so, I've always considered my Newgrounds account my main music platform

sorry for any inconvenience, the problem looks to have resolved itself

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-17 07:09:28 (edited 2024-01-17 07:13:22)

I didn’t even have time to post the track and I was banned for who knows when. I made a wretched effect on "bad piggers drip" and I don't know what to do. This account is very dear to me. A year has passed and I still haven’t been unbanned and I can’t delete the track

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-17 07:26:24

At 1/17/24 07:09 AM, MilkiShow wrote: I didn’t even have time to post the track and I was banned for who knows when. I made a wretched effect on "bad piggers drip" and I don't know what to do. This account is very dear to me. A year has passed and I still haven’t been unbanned and I can’t delete the track.

How do I check tracks for copyright then? for example, I want to post a track from YouTube that has no copyright?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-18 00:56:30

At 1/14/24 07:49 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 1/14/24 07:45 PM, TheSweaterCinderace wrote: Wait, what do you mean tinker? Can you elaborate what youre doing
Your ability to scout others was revoked (intentional) but it also knocked you out of the scouted audio section (unintended, in this case). That could be a bug which I've passed up to the admin.

Have the admins done anything yet? I’m not trying to sound impatient by the way

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-18 01:10:08

At 1/18/24 12:56 AM, TheSweaterCinderace wrote: Have the admins done anything yet? I’m not trying to sound impatient by the way

The last action on your account was to revoke your scouting privileges, but it looks like that also removes your scouted status, as mentioned. This may be an oversight, as usually we don't have an issue of an otherwise rule-abiding user having poor choices in scouting others. Oversights like these can take a while to fix.

I have the ability to either scout you or reset your status -- which does essentially the same thing in this situation, but I would refer to @TomFulp or @Exedor before doing so, as they were the last to address your case.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-18 02:10:17

At 1/18/24 01:10 AM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 1/18/24 12:56 AM, TheSweaterCinderace wrote: Have the admins done anything yet? I’m not trying to sound impatient by the way
The last action on your account was to revoke your scouting privileges, but it looks like that also removes your scouted status, as mentioned. This may be an oversight, as usually we don't have an issue of an otherwise rule-abiding user having poor choices in scouting others. Oversights like these can take a while to fix.

I have the ability to either scout you or reset your status -- which does essentially the same thing in this situation, but I would refer to @TomFulp or @Exedor before doing so, as they were the last to address your case.

Scouting privileges were revoked due to a moderate percentage of his scouts being pruned. Use better judgement, I guess...? It doesn't look like this user was de-scouted, tho. I see a system ban a while back. @TomFulp will have to put an eye upon it.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-18 02:30:11

At 1/18/24 02:10 AM, Exedor wrote:

Scouting privileges were revoked due to a moderate percentage of his scouts being pruned. Use better judgement, I guess...? It doesn't look like this user was de-scouted, tho. I see a system ban a while back. @TomFulp will have to put an eye upon it.

He shows as unscouted on my end. I can't ever remember a case like this, where pruning revoked scouting. Could potentially have been an accident with an update somewhere along the way and never needed to be looked at until now. If @TheSweaterCinderace is willing to pinky swear they won't scout any miscreants in the future and only scout good ole law abiding portal users from here on out, I'm fine with scouting them again, personally. We all make mistakes.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-18 07:28:32

At 1/18/24 02:30 AM, ADR3-N wrote:

He shows as unscouted on my end. I can't ever remember a case like this, where pruning revoked scouting. Could potentially have been an accident with an update somewhere along the way and never needed to be looked at until now. If @TheSweaterCinderace is willing to pinky swear they won't scout any miscreants in the future and only scout good ole law abiding portal users from here on out, I'm fine with scouting them again, personally. We all make mistakes.

I pinky, SOLEMN swear on my life not to scout anyone who has stolen, shitty, or low quality music. You have my word.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-18 08:18:47

We're actually in the process of fixing this today, at the moment if someone has their scouting ability revoked, it treats them as being de-scouted, which isn't how it is intended to work.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-18 16:56:22

At 1/18/24 02:30 AM, ADR3-N wrote:

I solemnly agree to these terms and conditions from this point forward.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-19 10:33:47

is it ok to do non copyright sonds and publish it??

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-19 15:46:28

At 1/19/24 10:33 AM, MoonShine1231231231 wrote: is it ok to do non copyright sonds and publish it??

No.

You may not upload audio that you did not create and have full rights to.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-21 21:12:33

I used the same sample pack as a different song. The pack is royalty-free.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-23 13:17:44 (edited 2024-01-23 13:23:48)

I don’t know if this thread will work but this is my last ditch effort to try and get my account off hold. I made an audio a little while ago and it was said to have been copyright when I looked at the song I “copyrighted” it wasn’t even similar. I wanted to start making music for my levels and I thought I was going to just let this other audio go and make a new one but I cannot do that apparently. I made the song myself with an app called BandLab so it literally can’t be copyrighted since I’m literally the owner and creator of the audio. I would appreciate it if my account were to be taken off hold.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-23 20:28:52

At 1/23/24 01:17 PM, M64MAINE wrote: I made an audio a little while ago [...] with an app called BandLab

So what got you was the stock loops within BandLab, and is the reason that app is specifically listed in the audio guidelines as not being allowed to upload here. I'll swap the ban to one for loops instead of the permanent default one.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-24 10:43:55

I had posted Pillar of Anomalies by Brandon Mckagan, i thought it was normal to post it but then i got the copyright message. I have understood that copyright is on here now, but i cant edit or delete the song. What do i do? Im new to newgrounds mostly.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-24 14:05:09

At 1/24/24 10:43 AM, DrAnomalyEnjoyer wrote: I had posted Pillar of Anomalies by Brandon Mckagan, i thought it was normal to post it but then i got the copyright message. I have understood that copyright is on here now, but i cant edit or delete the song. What do i do? Im new to newgrounds mostly.

Well first you should read the rules before you post. We get this all the time despite having a giant disclaimer not to upload audio you didn't make, or which is copyrighted. Because of users doing exactly what you describe, people who create their own music end up posting in this same thread, because their content is matched to their own music on YouTube or Spotify.

What do you do? Nothing. Come back when you make your own music, following all the audio portal rules, and you can be reinstated.

If you want your favorite music on Newgrounds, talk to the creator. Don't just steal it.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-24 16:59:14

At 1/19/24 03:46 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 1/19/24 10:33 AM, MoonShine1231231231 wrote: is it ok to do non copyright sonds and publish it??
No.
You may not upload audio that you did not create and have full rights to.

oh

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-26 07:42:46 (edited 2024-01-26 07:54:21)

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/93676 I got my account flagged and got hold, because I wrote a name of the track named "Da Boss Battle", which was made by me.

links:

https://youtu.be/HIt0Ig7aExQ?si=F5IewLf_gtfCy6ck

https://open.spotify.com/track/0UTNiAcmhAzOpdWnoWn7kW

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-26 22:53:08

Thank you very much 🙏

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-30 10:00:32

I hope you can help me with that

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-03 18:01:49

Second time this happened, for some reason. I got flagged and put on hold from uploading audio again because of some random obscure artist. I don't hear any similarities within the songs, unless I just have the wrong copy.

Link: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/95373

CrayZ

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-03 22:13:48

At 2/3/24 06:01 PM, CrayZbutyes wrote: Second time this happened, for some reason. I got flagged and put on hold from uploading audio again because of some random obscure artist. I don't hear any similarities within the songs, unless I just have the wrong copy.

Odd. I'd approve this one on that it sounds nothing like the suggested track, but in your appeal, you said you don't "own anything" from your song. Can you clarify what you meant?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-03 22:48:06

At 2/3/24 10:13 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 2/3/24 06:01 PM, CrayZbutyes wrote: Second time this happened, for some reason. I got flagged and put on hold from uploading audio again because of some random obscure artist. I don't hear any similarities within the songs, unless I just have the wrong copy.
Odd. I'd approve this one on that it sounds nothing like the suggested track, but in your appeal, you said you don't "own anything" from your song. Can you clarify what you meant?

You're right, I probably should have clarified that. I meant that I don't have record labels or anything that legally says I own the song and can get royalties off it.

CrayZ

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-04 10:14:57

Decided to edit the appeal, because it doesn't have enough information.

Decided to post a track, and now I can't post music because of a copyright infringement, but the track (Da boss battle) is mine. Here is the proof.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-04 12:40:47

At 2/3/24 10:48 PM, CrayZbutyes wrote:
You're right, I probably should have clarified that. I meant that I don't have record labels or anything that legally says I own the song and can get royalties off it.

Ooookay, so you are the originator of this content, and it follows the rest of the rules, like no copyrighted samples, it's not over 50% made of loops, or owned by anyone else, am I right?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-04 13:12:41

At 2/4/24 12:40 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 2/3/24 10:48 PM, CrayZbutyes wrote:
Ooookay, so you are the originator of this content, and it follows the rest of the rules, like no copyrighted samples, it's not over 50% made of loops, or owned by anyone else, am I right?

Yes, you would be correct.

CrayZ

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-11 12:38:53

Hi, basically a week ago I tried to post a song, but it shows that is similar to another song, it's not. Like everyone else, I closed the appeal.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-11 12:46:35

At 2/11/24 12:38 PM, HolSpaghetti wrote: Hi, basically a week ago I tried to post a song, but it shows that is similar to another song, it's not. Like everyone else, I closed the appeal.

Your appeal has been approved.

Caveat for future releases, be careful with external sites like soundtrap and bandlab. Loops can easily be caught in the copyright system if you don't use them in an original manner.

Check the audio rules and the licensing of whatever tools and loops you use. Make sure the audio workstation is not disallowed, and that the licensing is royalty free. The rules are the way they are not because we look down our nose at these DAWs, but because people abuse them or they have licensing that states resulting compositions don't belong to the song creator!

Ciao.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-11 13:58:05

At 1/8/22 06:17 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 1/8/22 12:20 PM, rocknight1991 wrote: I was banned because I used a program with stock loops. How do I get my privileges back?
You wait for the ban to expire, and use the time to find and practice a new program.

It has been about 2 years since my ban and I still cannot upload music. Why?