00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LV1113 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bug Reports Thread

14,196 Views | 491 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-16 16:04:12

At 2/16/24 03:49 PM, SmurfCatIsGay wrote: An Old Revenue Sharing Page But This Page Needs To Be Updated To Mobile Friendly! Please Fix It @TomFulp!

Are you finding a link to that anywhere on the site, or is it an old link you held on to? We stopped linking to the page to set up rev sharing, although we still link to an updated version of the address form.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-16 17:01:34

At 2/16/24 04:04 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/16/24 03:49 PM, SmurfCatIsGay wrote: An Old Revenue Sharing Page But This Page Needs To Be Updated To Mobile Friendly! Please Fix It @TomFulp!
Are you finding a link to that anywhere on the site, or is it an old link you held on to? We stopped linking to the page to set up rev sharing, although we still link to an updated version of the address form.

Do You Wanna Update It To Mobile Friendly Or Remove It?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-16 17:08:30

At 2/16/24 05:01 PM, SmurfCatIsGay wrote:
At 2/16/24 04:04 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Do You Wanna Update It To Mobile Friendly Or Remove It?

Maybe we should just remove it until the day we bring back rev share (which first requires making a feature people will pay for).

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-16 17:38:14 (edited 2024-02-16 17:40:36)

At 2/11/24 09:50 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/11/24 09:43 AM, GrapheneKid wrote: Just curious if any headway has been made on this issue yet, I've been experiencing it for weeks and the art portal and users' art pages are totally unviewable. Only happens on my Android phone. I haven't tested other browsers besides Chrome.

Let me know if I can provide any info to assist. Clearing cache or requesting desktop site do not fix it.
There's been no headway with this yet, unfortunately.

UPDATE: if anyone is still experiencing this issue on Android Chrome, try switching your phone to Landscape and don't request desktop site. It works like a charm on my device. It seems like for some reason portrait mode is causing the layout to get all wonky

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-17 20:10:53

Continuing from this thread, I seem to not be able to scout people despite seemingly being scouted myself, and scouting other artists in the past. I'm assuming that this is just site jank due to a recent update or something considering what I've been told

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-18 09:03:04

At 2/17/24 08:10 PM, Notchine wrote: Continuing from this thread, I seem to not be able to scout people despite seemingly being scouted myself, and scouting other artists in the past. I'm assuming that this is just site jank due to a recent update or something considering what I've been told

You show up as being scouted on the mod panel and your scouting privilege hasn't been revoked, it might be a case of trying to scout someone who was previously de-scouted, where you won't see the option to scout them.

Do you see a link to scout the artist on this page?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-18 14:49:42 (edited 2024-02-18 14:51:07)

Profile pictures refuse to load on Pale Moon browser

iu_1164034_8231511.webp

(P.S. ignore my taskbar and window titlebar)

Best regards

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-19 09:20:01

At 2/18/24 02:49 PM, Notakin wrote: Profile pictures refuse to load on Pale Moon browser

I wonder if it's blocking all WebP images... Does the promo banner on the front page show up?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-19 10:19:32

The Mature Content Page But Access Denied 18+ Will Be Added On This Page! Please Help Me @TomFulp!

iu_1164366_19669212.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-19 12:50:01

At 2/18/24 09:03 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/17/24 08:10 PM, Notchine wrote: Continuing from this thread, I seem to not be able to scout people despite seemingly being scouted myself, and scouting other artists in the past. I'm assuming that this is just site jank due to a recent update or something considering what I've been told
You show up as being scouted on the mod panel and your scouting privilege hasn't been revoked, it might be a case of trying to scout someone who was previously de-scouted, where you won't see the option to scout them.

Do you see a link to scout the artist on this page?

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/j-lent2009/jungle-polly

Yeah I do, I guess I must've just had a bad string of profiles I went on or something. Thanks a bunch for the help lolol

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-19 14:18:16 (edited 2024-02-19 14:31:09)

At 2/19/24 09:20 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/18/24 02:49 PM, Notakin wrote: Profile pictures refuse to load on Pale Moon browser

I wonder if it's blocking all WebP images... Does the promo banner on the front page show up?

Yes it does just fine

iu_1164467_8231511.webp

The only thing that doesn't load at all so far are the profile pictures and the mood next to the post title

Best regards

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-19 23:37:58

At 10/22/23 12:17 AM, NaphthaleneNudibranc wrote:
At 10/21/23 09:31 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/21/23 06:30 PM, NaphthaleneNudibranc wrote: Videos won't play in Edge on my mobile. Edge 117.0.2045.53, Android 11, Moto G9 play. Tested mobile and desktop. Switched adblock plus on and off, not tracking prevention, do not track, and smartscreen, they remained on. Videos will play in chrome mobile. Videos used to play in Edge, I can't remember when they stopped working but it was quite some time ago, over 6 months I think. Top picture is Edge, bottom is Chrome.
Oh weird! Are you on an Android phone running Edge?
Yes. I just checked for and ran an update to Edge 117.0.2045.65, this also doesn't play videos.

...seems to actually work now latest version, I think. Version 121.0.2277.105

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-21 09:56:54

I noticed this game isn't showing up in my feed even though I'm following the hippopotamus -- it's not showing on my frontpage or if I click the More button above it to get the the full list of stuff from people I'm following. Some art has shown up on my feed after this game was published, so maybe it's just affecting games or just affecting this game.

My newsfeed has random GameDev tips & tricks

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-21 11:42:40

At 2/21/24 09:56 AM, 3p0ch wrote: I noticed this game isn't showing up in my feed even though I'm following the hippopotamus -- it's not showing on my frontpage or if I click the More button above it to get the the full list of stuff from people I'm following. Some art has shown up on my feed after this game was published, so maybe it's just affecting games or just affecting this game.
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/899637

That game is actually from September 2023, it just wasn't front paged until now. There's a few games by ThePeterson that have been overdue for some front page time!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-23 09:28:08

I noticed this morning I did not get the daily top 5 email for movies and games. I checked my email subscription settings here, verified its not in my spam folder, and checked technical settings for my domain on my end and not seeing anything out of place. Hiccup?

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-23 09:57:25

At 2/23/24 09:28 AM, YendorBear wrote: I noticed this morning I did not get the daily top 5 email for movies and games. Hiccup?

Yeah, same goes for me! I didn't know where to go and ask about this, and it's been a few days since the last mail too...

→ "Thank you! Save this [coupon] for a FREE* magical potion/souvenier** on your next visit!"

* I may change my mind

** Depends on stock

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-23 10:10:18

At 2/23/24 09:57 AM, Brewstice wrote:
At 2/23/24 09:28 AM, YendorBear wrote: I noticed this morning I did not get the daily top 5 email for movies and games. Hiccup?
Yeah, same goes for me! I didn't know where to go and ask about this, and it's been a few days since the last mail too...

I confirmed I'm not getting it either, I filed a ticket!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-23 15:55:18

A-Rated Audio Appeal But Access Denied 18+ Will Be Added On These Pages! Please Help Me @TomFulp!iu_1166273_19669212.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-27 13:40:13

It was kind of odd, Newgrounds didn’t log me on automatically on my chrome browser for iPhone 13. I remembered my password thankfully and logged back in, but that’s one of the few times that’s ever happened. And with no clear indication why. Thus why I am using this thread.

hello

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-27 13:43:20

At 2/27/24 01:40 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: It was kind of odd, Newgrounds didn’t log me on automatically on my chrome browser for iPhone 13. I remembered my password thankfully and logged back in, but that’s one of the few times that’s ever happened. And with no clear indication why. Thus why I am using this thread.

Had you recently changed your password? When you change your password it logs out your open sessions, so you'll have to re-sign in on devices where you were previously signed in.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-27 13:52:24

At 2/27/24 01:43 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/27/24 01:40 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: It was kind of odd, Newgrounds didn’t log me on automatically on my chrome browser for iPhone 13. I remembered my password thankfully and logged back in, but that’s one of the few times that’s ever happened. And with no clear indication why. Thus why I am using this thread.
Had you recently changed your password? When you change your password it logs out your open sessions, so you'll have to re-sign in on devices where you were previously signed in.

That swift response was cool! Yes I was using both mobile and desktop at the time. I got a strange error I have never seen for 8 years owning this desktop. That was probably it. So I am pretty sure that was the issue.

hello

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-28 20:19:48 (edited 2024-02-28 20:22:30)

Nevermind, I figured it out. Something must've reloaded and changed the catagory to unselected and took the option away. Thanks for all your hard work on the site, y'all!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-28 23:44:26

A user here that I was following and was friends with had blocked me, but their works still appear on that Friends & Favorites menu. I assumed that them blocking me resulted in me no longer following them, and we were no longer friends. I looked at their userpage and there doesn't seem to be options to follow/unfollow them or add/remove them as friends. I do not want to see their works appear on my feed anymore, and I believe they don't want that as well, so I don't think that this is intentional.

- wamy :3

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-02-29 08:13:48

At 2/28/24 11:44 PM, wamyremy wrote: A user here that I was following and was friends with had blocked me, but their works still appear on that Friends & Favorites menu. I assumed that them blocking me resulted in me no longer following them, and we were no longer friends. I looked at their userpage and there doesn't seem to be options to follow/unfollow them or add/remove them as friends. I do not want to see their works appear on my feed anymore, and I believe they don't want that as well, so I don't think that this is intentional.

We have an open ticket for this and probably need to run a cleanup script for existing blocks.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-03-01 19:16:42

I sometimes see artwork appear rotated 90 degrees. I only ever see this happen with traditional art that's been photographed, I haven't seen this happen with digital art. For example here:

Weirdly enough clicking on the drawings shows them the right side up again.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-03-02 08:42:22

At 3/1/24 07:16 PM, Madmazel wrote: I sometimes see artwork appear rotated 90 degrees. I only ever see this happen with traditional art that's been photographed, I haven't seen this happen with digital art. For example here:
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sinigang1234/orange-kenzi
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/seththereviewer/hell-spawn

This is the result of phone cameras having some sort of meta data for rotation, although that is interesting that full size image is coming out correct while the resized version is rotated. Hopefully we can solve that one.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-03-02 13:49:24 (edited 2024-03-02 13:50:18)

At 3/2/24 08:42 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/1/24 07:16 PM, Madmazel wrote: I sometimes see artwork appear rotated 90 degrees. I only ever see this happen with traditional art that's been photographed, I haven't seen this happen with digital art. For example here:
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sinigang1234/orange-kenzi
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/seththereviewer/hell-spawn
This is the result of phone cameras having some sort of meta data for rotation, although that is interesting that full size image is coming out correct while the resized version is rotated. Hopefully we can solve that one.

@TomFulp, Do You Want To Add Rating Pods On The Series Collection, Album And Playlist View Pages?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-03-03 03:02:36

Is something going on with User of the Day? The past ten accounts or so featured there do not fulfill the criteria mentioned in the archive...

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-03-03 09:41:56

At 3/3/24 03:02 AM, Zfert wrote: Is something going on with User of the Day? The past ten accounts or so featured there do not fulfill the criteria mentioned in the archive...

Good question, I was wondering that myself. It's possible the PHP update impacted the script that generates UOTD. I made a ticket to have it looked into.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2024-03-04 13:07:26

At 3/3/24 09:41 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/3/24 03:02 AM, Zfert wrote: Is something going on with User of the Day? The past ten accounts or so featured there do not fulfill the criteria mentioned in the archive...
Good question, I was wondering that myself. It's possible the PHP update impacted the script that generates UOTD. I made a ticket to have it looked into.

Update on User of the Day: There was a whoopsie in the deprecated code that got updated as part of the PHP update, so it has in fact been returning results that are off. It will be back to normal tomorrow!

BBS Signature