00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

selena1738 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bug Reports Thread

13,647 Views | 478 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-05-31 21:59:25

For some reason I cannot log into my account on on my computer on other devices such as an iPad or my phone I can log in just fine but even with even with a new account that I made with a different email I still can't log in on my computer what should I do

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-01 09:13:43

At 5/31/23 09:59 PM, savageboss617 wrote: For some reason I cannot log into my account on on my computer on other devices such as an iPad or my phone I can log in just fine but even with even with a new account that I made with a different email I still can't log in on my computer what should I do

Is your iPad on the same wifi as your computer and it works on your iPad, but not your computer? What error are you seeing when you try logging in?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-01 09:15:50 (edited 2023-06-01 09:19:53)

"Monthly voting" doesn't work too well in the "mobile version" because there is a issue that doesn't allow to choose the option.

(For example: swipe the option It changes the screen zoom view, and click on the option It Goes to the movie). There's no How to choose any option in the "mobile version of the monthly voting" only the computer version Works well.

Other mention: "the box that shows the option you choose" of monthly voting follows the screen and doesn't allow you to read, because It follows even in the borders of screen.

Conclusion: Anyway, thats all. This issue doesn't bother 100% of Newgrounds users(even me), but for mobile users that doesn't have a computer can't vote on monthly voting.

I found this "monthly voting issue"

Months Ago.

iu_985101_11781426.webp

iu_985100_11781426.webp

I like to make animations :)

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-01 09:19:38

At 6/1/23 09:15 AM, NK2007 wrote: "Monthly voting" doesn't work too well in the "mobile version" because there is a issue that doesn't allow to choose the option.

A monthly voting overhaul is on the to-do list, we have a plan that should work well for mobile.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-01 09:22:00

At 6/1/23 09:19 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/1/23 09:15 AM, NK2007 wrote: "Monthly voting" doesn't work too well in the "mobile version" because there is a issue that doesn't allow to choose the option.
A monthly voting overhaul is on the to-do list, we have a plan that should work well for mobile.

Ok

I like to make animations :)

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-01 19:26:37

At 6/1/23 09:13 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/31/23 09:59 PM, savageboss617 wrote: For some reason I cannot log into my account on on my computer on other devices such as an iPad or my phone I can log in just fine but even with even with a new account that I made with a different email I still can't log in on my computer what should I do
Is your iPad on the same wifi as your computer and it works on your iPad, but not your computer? What error are you seeing when you try logging in?

I put in my username and my password but the moment I press the login button nothing happens it just returns straight back to the home screen and I am not logged in

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-03 08:17:58

Hiya,

I am unable to create any new posts or reply to any threads in the General forum. This is the case for mobile as well. All other forums are fine!

iu_986824_7308552.jpg

iu_986825_7308552.jpg

All very peculiar!

https://linktr.ee/wobwobrob

Game Audio Designer based in UK

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-03 08:19:37 (edited 2023-06-03 08:19:54)

At 6/3/23 08:17 AM, wobwobrob wrote: Hiya,

I am unable to create any new posts or reply to any threads in the General forum. This is the case for mobile as well. All other forums are fine!

All very peculiar!

I have a bad news for you.

I may not be the brightest in the box full of light-bulbs, but that doesn't mean I can't light the way in this dark world.

(you can call me wilson or mawi if you want, I'm also the one who made skibidi club.)

TOYHOUSEYOUTUBETUMBLRREDDIT

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-03 08:22:53

At 6/3/23 08:19 AM, mawibblap wrote:
At 6/3/23 08:17 AM, wobwobrob wrote: Hiya,

All very peculiar!
I have a bad news for you.

Oh haha, well good news, nothing to fix! Hooray!

https://linktr.ee/wobwobrob

Game Audio Designer based in UK

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-08 15:35:50

Sorting reviews on a popular submission by “score” and selecting the last page causes the entire review section to disappear.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-08 15:48:50

At 6/8/23 03:35 PM, Curtains-Joe wrote: Sorting reviews on a popular submission by “score” and selecting the last page causes the entire review section to disappear.

Confirmed and noted!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-09 18:53:16

Just did a new upload of an animation and went to preview it and the preview didn't load. Went back to the upload page and found that the file's name had changed from my original file name. Thought perhaps it was a hiccup in connection tried again and preview again didn't work. Popped in to edit an old vid and see if preview doesn't load there and it doesn't. I uploaded and published straight away without previewing and it works fine.

Dunno if this is just me or a known problem or anything, thanks for your time.

I'm using firefox. tried with add-ons off and on

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-09 22:59:54

At 6/9/23 06:53 PM, Warlord-of-Noodles wrote: Just did a new upload of an animation and went to preview it and the preview didn't load. Went back to the upload page and found that the file's name had changed from my original file name. Thought perhaps it was a hiccup in connection tried again and preview again didn't work. Popped in to edit an old vid and see if preview doesn't load there and it doesn't. I uploaded and published straight away without previewing and it works fine.

I just did a test with a random video and the preview worked (after processing was complete) but I'll test some more tomorrow, made a ticket for this to follow up.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-10 16:04:40

On some days with no pattern, like today, the NG video player just doesn't work properly. It stops and start and can't play a video all the way through without buffering even if I let it load for a very long time. I would normal just blame this on WiFi or my laptop, but other days it works perfectly fine! Does anyone else have this issue? I'm on a Dell Laptop using Google Windows 11 but that really helps much.

penis

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-10 22:01:26

I don't know if this is a bug or has been answered before but it's been an issue for years. On mobile certain submissions will display the not compatible with this device but if I force it to use the desktop version the submission works fine.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-11 09:22:29

At 6/10/23 10:01 PM, skatin-andy wrote: I don't know if this is a bug or has been answered before but it's been an issue for years. On mobile certain submissions will display the not compatible with this device but if I force it to use the desktop version the submission works fine.

This comes down to whether the project has checked the box for being touchscreen friendly. If you have a list of entries that work on mobile but need to be run in desktop mode, you could post it here and I'll toggle the setting on them.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-11 09:36:42

At 6/11/23 09:22 AM, TomFulp wrote: This comes down to whether the project has checked the box for being touchscreen friendly. If you have a list of entries that work on mobile but need to be run in desktop mode, you could post it here and I'll toggle the setting on them.

Unfortunately I don't have a list because its something I noticed when voting on under judgement submissions and it worked on most, if not all of them I've seen. At least I have a known reason for this happening, so thanks for the answer.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-14 13:40:06

At 6/9/23 10:59 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/9/23 06:53 PM, Warlord-of-Noodles wrote: Just did a new upload of an animation and went to preview it and the preview didn't load. Went back to the upload page and found that the file's name had changed from my original file name. Thought perhaps it was a hiccup in connection tried again and preview again didn't work. Popped in to edit an old vid and see if preview doesn't load there and it doesn't. I uploaded and published straight away without previewing and it works fine.

I just did a test with a random video and the preview worked (after processing was complete) but I'll test some more tomorrow, made a ticket for this to follow up.

got it working. Problem was probably somewhere in firefox. Clean re-set of it fixed it. thx for your time

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-20 09:45:16

content that has been orphaned where it says by <deleted>, you can't give a reaction to any of the reviews, a blank popup shows up if you try.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-06-26 20:05:30 (edited 2023-06-26 20:07:28)

My former asked username is somehow available. However, my non-asked usernames link to my profile. @everyone

Remember the time I asked you for it (April 14th)?

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-07-01 18:16:20

At 4/3/23 09:51 AM, TomFulp wrote: If you would like to report something that isn't working correctly on Newgrounds, you can do so in this thread.

However if you are reporting a vulnerability that could be used to abuse the site or access sensitive information, please PM me with your report and do not share it here publicly.

When reporting a bug please provide as much information as possible, including:

If you are trying to play a Flash game that isn't working, there's a good chance it is an issue with Ruffle emulation not supporting the game completely. Please report issues like these in the Ruffle Testing / Flash Preservation Crew thread.

Oh oops i was supposed to do it in this thread. Sorry about me posting in the wrong place twice, that's my fault

I cant upload any of my images or animation to the animation hub or the art portal. I keep getting the "you must upload an image" when i clearly am uploading an image. Then, it just says that I can't upload my movie, even though it's a .mp4 and it's only 50 MB! I haven't heard of anyone having the same problems, so what's going on?

iu_1010268_13201007.webp

iu_1010269_13201007.png

Image Dimensions:

738x937 (pixels)

100KB

.PNG

Browser: Firefox

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-07-02 08:46:45

At 7/1/23 06:16 PM, TheXenderman wrote: Oh oops i was supposed to do it in this thread. Sorry about me posting in the wrong place twice, that's my fault

I cant upload any of my images or animation to the animation hub or the art portal. I keep getting the "you must upload an image" when i clearly am uploading an image. Then, it just says that I can't upload my movie, even though it's a .mp4 and it's only 50 MB! I haven't heard of anyone having the same problems, so what's going on?

Can you put your image and movie on Google drive and add permissions / email a link to tom AT newgrounds.com? I want to test them from my end to get a better idea of what's going on there.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-07-02 09:33:44

At 7/2/23 08:46 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/1/23 06:16 PM, TheXenderman wrote: Oh oops i was supposed to do it in this thread. Sorry about me posting in the wrong place twice, that's my fault

Can you put your image and movie on Google drive and add permissions / email a link to tom AT newgrounds.com? I want to test them from my end to get a better idea of what's going on there.

Yes, I'm doing that right now. Thank you!

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-07-02 23:17:04

I think everyone has this bug or said it already but i'm to lazy to read any of the posts.

There is a bug regarding the comment section. If you go to it, sometimes it will show some random big number in the pages comment thing (e.g. 54, 128, 1226). If you click one of these big numbers, it will either:

• Show some new comments and remove some other ones
  • Show some previous comments and remove some other ones
  • Remove the comment section entirely

When I mean remove, I mean invisible comments.

You need more info then just reply to this post.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-07-02 23:19:16

At 7/2/23 11:17 PM, Sinister-Soup wrote: I think everyone has this bug or said it already but i'm to lazy to read any of the posts.

There is a bug regarding the comment section. If you go to it, sometimes it will show some random big number in the pages comment thing (e.g. 54, 128, 1226). If you click one of these big numbers, it will either:

When I mean remove, I mean invisible comments.
You need more info then just reply to this post.

Is this referring to the review space on places like movie and game pages? One issue there should have been fixed in the past few weeks but maybe it made new issues. Do you have an example link of a page with a buggy page number button?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-07-03 10:40:21

I have posted a possible issue here

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1526022

Click here for cool stuff...

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-07-03 10:54:08 (edited 2023-07-03 10:54:16)

At 7/3/23 10:40 AM, josh2002taylor wrote: I have posted a possible issue here

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1526022

Nevermind, I'm not scouted thats why...

Click here for cool stuff...

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-07-03 13:35:43

@TomFulp

Tbh I think this bug was patched.

The last time I saw it was last month.

Sorry for wasting your time :(

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-07-04 20:37:46

At 7/2/23 08:46 AM, TomFulp wrote:

By the way on July 2nd, I did send the E-mail, but I forgot to inform you that I did. Thank you for your help

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-07-06 16:25:16

Hey there. I'd like to report a bug..

Recently I decided to go search up someone's account, and this is what I found as their pfp on the search catalog (also used on newsposts, BBS, and so on).

iu_1016004_11035867.jpg

Then I went to click on their account. Next thing I see I find this as their pfp..

iu_1016005_11035867.jpg

Does anyone here know what the meaning of this is? I'm really confused..

we chillin

BBS Signature