00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

akmoreth just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bug Reports Thread

13,657 Views | 478 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-01 13:13:26

Attempting to scroll past a certain point on my art page will result in a pop-up "Sorry, there was a problem with your request. Please try again later." and the images will simply not load. As far as I know, it only happens on my profile and happens on all browsers and devices.

So guess I broke NG (again)

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-01 15:29:07

At 12/1/23 01:13 PM, GustaCz wrote: Attempting to scroll past a certain point on my art page will result in a pop-up "Sorry, there was a problem with your request. Please try again later." and the images will simply not load. As far as I know, it only happens on my profile and happens on all browsers and devices.

I'm seeing that too, making a ticket for it!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-03 17:50:20 (edited 2023-12-03 17:54:36)

At 12/1/23 03:29 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/1/23 01:13 PM, GustaCz wrote: Attempting to scroll past a certain point on my art page will result in a pop-up "Sorry, there was a problem with your request. Please try again later." and the images will simply not load. As far as I know, it only happens on my profile and happens on all browsers and devices.

I'm seeing that too, making a ticket for it!

I decided to do some digging since I suspect some of the deleted works of mine are causing it, I know of 4 that I've re-submitted after marking them for deletion as I've realized I was still linking to them outside of NG, which is no biggie, but one of those isn't thowing up a "Submission not found. It might have been deleted." but the oddly familiar "Sorry, there was a problem with your request. Please try again later."

See here: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/gustacz/filling-up-the-rat

Also worth noting is the correctly deleted submission "https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/gustacz/doppelganger-s-trick" which still has the original file on the servers (rated A-file)

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-05 03:19:18 (edited 2023-12-05 03:20:45)

NG Collabinator bug:

A Collabinator listing by Golfinho is listed twice in two different spots (sorted by date, oldest to newest).

Spot 1: Sandwiched in between two 2011 entries and listed as 2006 (wrong date)

iu_1125302_8157415.png

Spot 2: Just before a 2022 listing, listed as "2011-05-13T16:27:10", presumably the correct date formatted incorrectly.

iu_1125301_8157415.webp

This occurs the more I scroll through entries.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-07 11:46:08

I was doing my deposits and after reaching 5 entries voted I went to check deposits and make sure my deposits reqisterd. ANd I got an error saying I didn't have permission to do that. Is this something new? I've never gotten that error before.

old people say lol; and we still use these }{

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-07 12:05:42

At 12/7/23 11:46 AM, IvanTuroc wrote: I was doing my deposits and after reaching 5 entries voted I went to check deposits and make sure my deposits reqisterd. ANd I got an error saying I didn't have permission to do that. Is this something new? I've never gotten that error before.

We've made that page hidden for now because we think bot accounts were using it to spam active (and new) accounts.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-07 17:42:15

An Old Games With Medals Page But It Needs To Be Redirected That URL To The Modern Page For Browsing Games With Medals!

iu_1126490_19669212.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-07 17:59:15 (edited 2023-12-07 18:01:35)

The voting thing seems to not work for me—the stars and the Tankman just don't show up, and before I could click on them (they were "invisible"), now they're just gone.

I just joined NG (though I lurked for quite some time beforehand), so does that have anything to do with it?

Windows 10, Firefox 119.0.1 x64. No adblock, Javascript enabled.

iu_1126511_20213136.png

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-08 07:31:36 (edited 2023-12-08 07:47:07)

Hey hey! I think I've spotted a bug in the tags. Earlier today I published this piece, and put the tag sweetsixteencomic on it because it relates to the contest I'm running.

When I later went to check the sweetsixteencomic tag to see if there were any new entries, I noticed that the piece wasn't there. It was in the Art Portal under Latest, so I thought, hmmm, maybe I should remove the tag, re-publish it, the place the tag back in, and then re-publish it again. Sure enough, that worked. I thought it was just a one time thing.

However, I've found another piece, a comic entry to the Sweet Sixteen Comic Contest, that isn't included in the tag when you search for sweetsixteencomic. It was just posted this morning:

Thankfully the person told me that they posted it, otherwise I would've completely missed it. I'm wondering how many comics might have gone missing due to this bug. Hopefully this is just something that happened yesterday.

Here's an archive showing the comic missing: https://archive.is/pTXVv

And here's an archive showing the comic has the right tag: https://archive.is/exo8p

EDIT: Found another one that isn't in the tag search: https://archive.is/7PSEp

Any help on this would be awesome! Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-08 07:58:19

At 12/8/23 07:31 AM, KittyhawkMontrose wrote: Hey hey! I think I've spotted a bug in the tags. Earlier today I published this piece, and put the tag sweetsixteencomic on it because it relates to the contest I'm running.

I messaged the other two artists about this but wondering the same about your piece - did you experience any errors or weirdness during your publishing process? And did you use the scheduled publishing feature, or did you publish via the publish button?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-08 08:01:35

At 12/7/23 05:59 PM, Dr-Duwang wrote: The voting thing seems to not work for me—the stars and the Tankman just don't show up, and before I could click on them (they were "invisible"), now they're just gone.

I just joined NG (though I lurked for quite some time beforehand), so does that have anything to do with it?

Is this still happening to you today? Anyone else experiencing this?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-08 08:03:59

At 12/8/23 07:58 AM, TomFulp wrote: I messaged the other two artists about this but wondering the same about your piece - did you experience any errors or weirdness during your publishing process? And did you use the scheduled publishing feature, or did you publish via the publish button?

I did schedule it. I do remember taking a tag away during making the post, then it locked up on me. So I just reset my browser, came back to the project, and everything seemed fine then. "sweetsixteencomic" wasn't the tag I took away or added though. The tag I took away was "oc" and the tag I added was "australia". I do also recall the Comment Box took forever to save after that, but it did eventually resolve.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-08 08:40:24 (edited 2023-12-08 08:42:25)

At 12/8/23 08:03 AM, KittyhawkMontrose wrote:
At 12/8/23 07:58 AM, TomFulp wrote: I messaged the other two artists about this but wondering the same about your piece - did you experience any errors or weirdness during your publishing process? And did you use the scheduled publishing feature, or did you publish via the publish button?
I did schedule it. I do remember taking a tag away during making the post, then it locked up on me. So I just reset my browser, came back to the project, and everything seemed fine then. "sweetsixteencomic" wasn't the tag I took away or added though. The tag I took away was "oc" and the tag I added was "australia". I do also recall the Comment Box took forever to save after that, but it did eventually resolve.

I've added these details to the ticket for this, waiting to hear from the other two artists if they used scheduled publishing too.

Update: MarMarVibes responded and had published manually without any errors cropping up. So maybe not scheduled publishing related.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-08 08:53:23

At 12/8/23 08:40 AM, TomFulp wrote: I've added these details to the ticket for this, waiting to hear from the other two artists if they used scheduled publishing too.

Update: MarMarVibes responded and had published manually without any errors cropping up. So maybe not scheduled publishing related.

Thanks so much for looking into it! I really appreciate it. And oh my, that sounds like a problem. 😅 Good luck!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-08 10:02:26

Adult Collections But They Need Have An Adult Rating! Please Remove The Mature Ratings From Adult Games, Adult Toons And Gay Adult!

iu_1126831_19669212.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-08 14:19:09

At 12/8/23 08:01 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/7/23 05:59 PM, Dr-Duwang wrote: The voting thing seems to not work for me—the stars and the Tankman just don't show up, and before I could click on them (they were "invisible"), now they're just gone.

Is this still happening to you today? Anyone else experiencing this?

Seems to work again now, hope it stays that way!

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-09 17:50:14

I can't play any videos in opera gx

I just swapped from firefox to opera and whenever I press the play button on a video the thumbnail goes away and I am left staring at the grey box that the video normally plays on top of. any tips? Also hovering over where the thumnnail was doesn't get the player interface to show up so it may be that the player is crashing.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-10 18:55:38

Idk what I did but I have not been able to browse newgrounds on mobile recently because everytime I open the portal or forums it does this strange repeating glitch and makes navigation virtually impossible. it does this on the art portal and personal art galleries too as well as the forum. I'm not sure I've seen it happen anywhere else on the site but this has been going on for a few days for me

iu_1128033_10924059.webp

iu_1128034_10924059.webp

AUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUA

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-10 21:24:01

I think I found a small but important bug of the project editing page (at least for the Art Portal).

Whenever you upload an image, it automatically asks you to set the icon by cropping the og image. However, it apparently occurs only once per project, since I had to delete the image I was uploading because I missed a detail I added later, but it didn't ask me to redo the icon, and the icon maintained the version of the image with the missing detail.

This is important, because if someone wanted to troll a bit in the Art Portal, they could upload an image with a wrong title and icon just to clickbait people, and make them see something they don't want

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-11 08:34:51

At 12/10/23 09:24 PM, EmsDeLaRoZ wrote: I think I found a small but important bug of the project editing page (at least for the Art Portal).

Whenever you upload an image, it automatically asks you to set the icon by cropping the og image. However, it apparently occurs only once per project, since I had to delete the image I was uploading because I missed a detail I added later, but it didn't ask me to redo the icon, and the icon maintained the version of the image with the missing detail.

This is important, because if someone wanted to troll a bit in the Art Portal, they could upload an image with a wrong title and icon just to clickbait people, and make them see something they don't want

We actually allow manual thumbnail uploads as well now, so the opportunity to troll the Art Portal exists. People who do that will get de-scouted and potentially banned, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-11 08:36:16

At 12/10/23 06:55 PM, whimsical-wife wrote: Idk what I did but I have not been able to browse newgrounds on mobile recently because everytime I open the portal or forums it does this strange repeating glitch and makes navigation virtually impossible. it does this on the art portal and personal art galleries too as well as the forum. I'm not sure I've seen it happen anywhere else on the site but this has been going on for a few days for me

What is your mobile OS and what browser are you using?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-11 09:51:06

At 12/11/23 08:34 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/10/23 09:24 PM, EmsDeLaRoZ wrote: I think I found a small but important bug of the project editing page (at least for the Art Portal).

We actually allow manual thumbnail uploads as well now, so the opportunity to troll the Art Portal exists. People who do that will get de-scouted and potentially banned, though.

Ok, then it was totally intended. Thanks for the clarification

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-11 10:08:23

At 12/11/23 08:36 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/10/23 06:55 PM, whimsical-wife wrote: Idk what I did but I have not been able to browse newgrounds on mobile recently because everytime I open the portal or forums it does this strange repeating glitch and makes navigation virtually impossible. it does this on the art portal and personal art galleries too as well as the forum. I'm not sure I've seen it happen anywhere else on the site but this has been going on for a few days for me
What is your mobile OS and what browser are you using?

android 13 and chrome

AUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUA

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-11 18:49:43

Hello! I want to report a bug.

Yesterday I uploaded a comic and I put a the sweet sixteen comic tag but my post doesn’t appear on the art portal nor using the tag.

link: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/indexth/mothspira-chapter-1?updated=1702261398

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-11 21:31:49

I also am having an issue with the sweetsixteencomic art tag as well as it seems all tags on this comic don't show it in the portal

I did a scheduled post for it

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-11 21:52:01

Hello,

Like those above, I wanted to post my entry for the Sweet Sixteen comic contest, but my comic is not appearing among the participations or the Art Portal, even when I used the appropriate tag (sweetsixteencomic).

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-11 22:24:31

It's not just the comic thing. Seems like the search by tag function is broken.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-12 06:21:29

I found a bug where the art gallery completely messes up when trying to scroll up and/or down. I'm not exactly sure if it's a bug on my end or what but I can say refreshing a page and restarting my phone doesn't help. This has been happening for a few days now. I'm using Chrome on mobile. It also seems to appear in project credits.

Picture of my art gallery in the bugged state.

iu_1128701_8460620.webp

Look at him spin

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-12 07:02:45

Hey Bug Squad, just checked and will add mine to the not showing up in the sweetsixteencomic tag group. I tested the other tags and they seem to be working though.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-12-12 08:46:03

At 12/12/23 07:02 AM, GeorgiaMachina wrote: Hey Bug Squad, just checked and will add mine to the not showing up in the sweetsixteencomic tag group. I tested the other tags and they seem to be working though.

Hoping we can solve why some things fail the first time but for anyone experiencing this, removing and re-adding the tag usually fixes it. Your entry is in the tag results now!

BBS Signature