00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RayRassaArt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bug Reports Thread

13,650 Views | 478 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-09-20 18:59:22 (edited 2023-09-20 19:03:01)

This is not exactly a bug/glitch, its a "broken" type.

The "show more" Button doesn't work, yes its How exactly you're thinking; when clicked It doesn't show the rest of the content!

The broken problem of "show more" Button appears on "viewing log" and "voting history" in Mobile Version.

iu_1082035_11781426.png

Other details -

Browser: Chrome

When i discovered this bug: months Ago.

Note: still broken since months Ago to this day.

Type: broken Button

Platform: mobile version

Note: personally, i dont know If this "bug" is present on other mobile version a, but is present to me

I like to make animations :)

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-09-25 13:37:07

Ever since the last maintenance cycle an hour or so ago as of this post, any artwork that I posted this year and any favorites I made this year are not visible neither on my main page, nor are any of the submissions visible in the art section of my page. Recent posts are still visible if you look at one submission from here and then glance at the sidebar to the left.

iu_1086479_7191586.webp

My name is also missing from my entries as seen on this screenshot. It doesn't affect the favorites.

iu_1086480_7191586.webp

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-09-25 13:42:26

At 9/25/23 01:37 PM, ProjectDarkFox wrote: Ever since the last maintenance cycle an hour or so ago as of this post, any artwork that I posted this year and any favorites I made this year are not visible neither on my main page, nor are any of the submissions visible in the art section of my page. Recent posts are still visible if you look at one submission from here and then glance at the sidebar to the left.

My name is also missing from my entries as seen on this screenshot. It doesn't affect the favorites.

This was something that got missed in the Project System migration, a cleanup script will be fixing it soon.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-09-25 21:24:32

iu_1086845_10429544.webp

Front page of NG as of 9:23pm EST 9/25/23, 117.0.1 (64-bit) Windows 11

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-09-25 21:26:54

At 9/25/23 09:24 PM, YendorNG wrote:
Front page of NG as of 9:23pm EST 9/25/23, 117.0.1 (64-bit) Windows 11

This happens when you're following someone who has had a publishing error - you can still view the front page while logged out and it eventually clears out as the front page feed box gets other stuff in it.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-09-25 22:39:28 (edited 2023-09-25 22:40:58)

Larger scale pixel art is in way worse quality than before. Smaller canvas sizes seem fine, but bigger stuff has misshapen pixels that are super hard to ignore. I'm using Firefox on a PC.

iu_1086873_8607208.png

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-09-25 22:46:25

At 9/25/23 10:39 PM, Retro-Phantom wrote: Larger scale pixel art is in way worse quality than before. Smaller canvas sizes seem fine, but bigger stuff has misshapen pixels that are super hard to ignore. I'm using Firefox on a PC.

Are you referring to Streets of Madness? The view page is currently loading the raw source image but it is now turning off smoothening for pixel art. When the browser shrinks your image to fit the space, it ends up looking like this:

iu_1086874_1.png

I went into your image settings in the project and set that image to not use the project default and instead set it to Smooth. Now it looks like this:

iu_1086875_1.png

Does that appear fine now?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-09-28 04:31:27 (edited 2023-09-28 04:32:27)

My apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere, but I've encountered a weird little issue that I don't know how to fix. Yesterday I opened the "Your Projects" page from my profile drop-down menu and clicked on one of my projects, an illustration I posted a few days ago. This opened the details page which now includes all of the features introduced in the new update (i.e. adding more images) - I just reviewed it and closed it. When browsing my gallery afterwards, I noticed that the thumbnail of this image now has the "video" icon in the upper-left corner which appears on animated GIFs - but the image in question is a single illustration without any animation whatsoever:

iu_1088122_18589287.png

I have no idea what I did to make this happen - can I do something to remove the "video" icon?

Thanks in advance!

Thinking back, off in the distance, the future shone everywhere we looked

Underneath the beautiful blue sky

We were just a little bit afraid

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-09-28 07:05:14

At 9/28/23 04:31 AM, vlsrb wrote: My apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere, but I've encountered a weird little issue that I don't know how to fix. Yesterday I opened the "Your Projects" page from my profile drop-down menu and clicked on one of my projects, an illustration I posted a few days ago. This opened the details page which now includes all of the features introduced in the new update (i.e. adding more images) - I just reviewed it and closed it. When browsing my gallery afterwards, I noticed that the thumbnail of this image now has the "video" icon in the upper-left corner which appears on animated GIFs - but the image in question is a single illustration without any animation whatsoever:

Thanks for reporting this, we have a ticket for this issue and this might help get to the bottom of it. Other issues have been getting priority this week but it will be getting sorted out.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-01 05:02:36 (edited 2023-10-01 05:04:00)

This submission is bugged:

It shows up in Mykelegin's art tab and it "counts" as a submission (he can be scouted) but you can't view it. On Mykelegin's profile only 3 thumbnails show up. The error message is also different than if the submission had been deleted.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-01 17:24:53

At 9/28/23 07:05 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/28/23 04:31 AM, vlsrb wrote: My apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere, but I've encountered a weird little issue that I don't know how to fix. Yesterday I opened the "Your Projects" page from my profile drop-down menu and clicked on one of my projects, an illustration I posted a few days ago. This opened the details page which now includes all of the features introduced in the new update (i.e. adding more images) - I just reviewed it and closed it. When browsing my gallery afterwards, I noticed that the thumbnail of this image now has the "video" icon in the upper-left corner which appears on animated GIFs - but the image in question is a single illustration without any animation whatsoever:
Thanks for reporting this, we have a ticket for this issue and this might help get to the bottom of it. Other issues have been getting priority this week but it will be getting sorted out.

I don't know how useful it is to add more examples at this point, but just in case it is, this bug seems to affect every submission in this person's gallery:

https://yomunochi.newgrounds.com/art

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-01 18:30:45

At 10/1/23 05:24 PM, Madmazel wrote: I don't know how useful it is to add more examples at this point, but just in case it is, this bug seems to affect every submission in this person's gallery:

You're seeing the video icon on these thumbnails? That's extra strange, I'm not seeing it on my end, let me know if you still see them on your end, maybe YomuNochi did something that removed them.

iu_1090492_1.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-01 18:49:46 (edited 2023-10-01 18:57:23)

At 10/1/23 06:30 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/1/23 05:24 PM, Madmazel wrote: I don't know how useful it is to add more examples at this point, but just in case it is, this bug seems to affect every submission in this person's gallery:
You're seeing the video icon on these thumbnails? That's extra strange, I'm not seeing it on my end, let me know if you still see them on your end, maybe YomuNochi did something that removed them.

The gallery looks normal now on my end as well, but the icons are still there when I view the gallery when logged out or in an incognito window.

iu_1090503_10457574.webp

Edit: They sometimes disappear in incognito, and just re-appeared while logged in. So they just kind of appear at random?

iu_1090508_10457574.webp

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-01 18:57:10

At 10/1/23 06:49 PM, Madmazel wrote:
At 10/1/23 06:30 PM, TomFulp wrote:
The gallery looks normal now on my end as well, but the icons are still there when I view the gallery when logged out or in an incognito window.

I had tried viewing while logged out and didn't see them but when I got there now while logged in, I'm seeing them! Must be some rogue server thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-02 16:41:08

My thumbnail keeps showing the wrong image, No matter what i do, Changing it, Cropping it, Anything, Its still the same

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-02 17:16:58

At 10/2/23 04:41 PM, DerangedKnite wrote: My thumbnail keeps showing the wrong image, No matter what i do, Changing it, Cropping it, Anything, Its still the same

Which art project is that happening with?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-02 17:19:43

At 10/2/23 05:16 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/2/23 04:41 PM, DerangedKnite wrote: My thumbnail keeps showing the wrong image, No matter what i do, Changing it, Cropping it, Anything, Its still the same
Which art project is that happening with?

Now its weird, Because it came back to normal, But the thumbnail used to be this

iu_1091060_7942390.png

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-03 09:37:48

Very minor bug with this submission, a single image that has arrows on the sides for multiple-image submissions:

iu_1091432_10457574.png

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-03 09:39:17

At 10/3/23 09:37 AM, Madmazel wrote: Very minor bug with this submission, a single image that has arrows on the sides for multiple-image submissions:
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/zayjax/everybody-everybody

Have a running ticket for this one, it happens when someone adds several images but then removes them. I've added this to the list for tidying when that's fixed!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-04 17:19:05

Small bug with this submission, which has a thumbnail that's about 50% larger than usual, as can be seen in the art tab:

https://zenosiege.newgrounds.com/art

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/zenosiege/tokifuji-s-milo-2

(The thumbnail is NSFW, so I'm not linking it directly)

The submission was made the day after the art portal update, so it's likely related to that, but I've seen this one appear before months ago and did not think to report it at the time.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-04 17:37:36

At 10/4/23 05:19 PM, Madmazel wrote: Small bug with this submission, which has a thumbnail that's about 50% larger than usual, as can be seen in the art tab:
https://zenosiege.newgrounds.com/art
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/zenosiege/tokifuji-s-milo-2
(The thumbnail is NSFW, so I'm not linking it directly)

The submission was made the day after the art portal update, so it's likely related to that, but I've seen this one appear before months ago and did not think to report it at the time.

I've fixed that one now. The recent one was a temporary bug related to the updates last week, the older ones are from an older bug that happened when upgrading to larger thumbnails nears ago... Been fixing those as I stumble across them but some are still out there.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-05 22:42:52 (edited 2023-10-05 22:43:14)

Hello (I hope I'm doing this right...). Looks like another thumbnail weirdness going on here, heh (I tried my best to make sure I'm not duplicating what others already said, but sorry if I missed anything)...

Anyway, my first two image uploads (on January 23rd 2023) went fine, & the small thumbnails used what I chose as my default resize method (Smooth). They still look great.

However, the two I uploaded today (October 5th in the U.S.) both small thumbnails look jaggedy. I tried re-cropping, making sure I selected Smooth, & saved. But both in the preview & final product, they're a sharp mess. :(

I even tried selecting the Sharp one to see if they were just reversed, but it made no difference.

• What web browser you are using: Chrome, Version 117.0.5938.92 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • What operating system (Windows 10) and device you are using (PC).
  • Detailed steps to recreate the bug, or as detailed as you can recall: I uploaded an image, adjusted the cropping (without zooming in or out, just some vertical repositioning on one, & no movement on the other since it already fit perfectly. The small thumbnail came out jagged, no matter if I left my default setting (Smooth) selected & saved/resubmitted... selected Smooth manually & saved... or switched between the two then saved/resubmitted.)
  • Screenshot: (Warning: The leftmost one contains a misspelled swear word in jest & I rated it Teen with a content label accordingly. Can change to Mature if necessary.)

iu_1092977_7730517.webp

(The two on the left are the most recent & look jaggedy instead of Smooth. The two on the right are my old January uploads that used Smooth setting just fine.)

Thanks for the work you good folks do here. I hope this won't end up being complicated for y'all to deal with. (salute)

🌸💮 Please be patient with me; I've got major brain fog from Fibromyalgia, ADHD, severe neck/back pain, extreme sleep irregularity, & derealization disorder. 💮🌸

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-06 06:52:29

At 10/5/23 10:42 PM, ZaCloud wrote: Hello (I hope I'm doing this right...). Looks like another thumbnail weirdness going on here, heh (I tried my best to make sure I'm not duplicating what others already said, but sorry if I missed anything)...

Anyway, my first two image uploads (on January 23rd 2023) went fine, & the small thumbnails used what I chose as my default resize method (Smooth). They still look great.

However, the two I uploaded today (October 5th in the U.S.) both small thumbnails look jaggedy. I tried re-cropping, making sure I selected Smooth, & saved. But both in the preview & final product, they're a sharp mess. :(

I should note this in the main post since we do have a ticket open for it, thanks for adding more examples!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-06 18:58:51

Blurry PFP

I just changed my profile pic and it got all blurry... the one before it was not, though. Something with the webp conversion maybe?

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-07 07:01:30 (edited 2023-10-07 07:09:01)

At 10/6/23 06:52 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/5/23 10:42 PM, ZaCloud wrote: Hello (I hope I'm doing this right...). Looks like another thumbnail weirdness going on here, heh (I tried my best to make sure I'm not duplicating what others already said, but sorry if I missed anything)...

I should note this in the main post since we do have a ticket open for it, thanks for adding more examples!

The plot thickens! There's a strange thing going on with both my old & new images: The "full view" of 3 out of my 4 images (both new ones, & one of my older ones - "Soaring Creativity") has a weird blurring effect added, while what (I presume) is supposed to be the preview/you-get-the-idea version shown right on the main page with the artist blurb, comments, etc, is more true to the ACTUAL original images. o_O

(The outlier is the only one with a significant size difference between both views - Original resolution is 905 x 509 px. In its case, the preview version looks like a normal, good-quality shrink, while the full-view pretty much matches the original just fine.)

Soaring Creativity is 500x500, & while the smoothing looks good, it removes the MS Paint jaggies, thus isn't a true representation of the work.

(Link to it in case it'll show up the way it does for me; simply looking at the main-page image, vs the "full-view" when clicked on, is obvious at least to me that the pixelation is smoothed over: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/zacloud/soaring-creativity )

It'll only let me attach two images, so here's the two worst examples (also happening to be the two most recent ones with the oddly jagged tiny-thumbnails... though like I said, my old smallish one with a soft thumbnail is also affected by this phenomenon.

Again, for both below, the original & the main page upload look practically the same. But these screenshots show what happens if you click on that main page image to see "full view."

LEFT is original (500x500 pixels), RIGHT is on Newgrounds full-view:

iu_1093742_7730517.webp

The jagged lines are now over-smoothened, the motion blur I added barely stands out against the rest being so blurry, & the textured brush strokes on the porcupine quills are muddied. :( (Even if you right-click & view image in full, this forum shrunk & blurred them a bit anyway, so it's harder to see.)

((EDIT: Here, I've uploaded it to imgur, view at full size & it's a really stark difference: https://i.imgur.com/cNKKsTE.png ))

Left = original (470x700 px), Right = NG "full view"

iu_1093743_7730517.webp

Not quite as egregious, but definitely changes the image in a way that loses detail. :(

I would've expected something like this from the preview (if anything), NOT what one assumes is the full-quality view.

Is something applying a smooth filter to the wrong version/view of the image? Or perhaps DISPLAYING the wrong version in each view? Or could it be anything to do with the affected ones all being lower resolution?

-----

Digging deeper:

If I use Chrome's Developer Tools, looking at the page code for my Soaring Creativity 500x500 image on the art-page mode, it specifies in part:

"style="z-index: 100; max-width: 100%" itemprop="image"

& my resolution's wide enough (1920x1080) that it doesn't seem to have to resize it.

The link (a href) to the full-view includes:

target="_blank" class="medium_image" style="position: relative; z-index: 100;" onclick="ngImageViewer.fromLink(event,this,{})"

(Is it REALLY supposed to use a "medium_image" class rather than just raw image? Or is that just because of its native resolution qualifying it in such a class? I'm not fluent in html anyway, heh...)

Also when I first inspect the "full view", inspecting one of my blurry 500x500 images includes

"style="transform: translate(191px, 207px) scale(1);"

does that mean anything? Or is that just some newfangled .webp shenanigans I'm too old to know much about? ^^;;

.......Except uhhh, when the Developer Tools sidebar pops up to show me that, the image visually gets fixed again?!?! Like, also, if I resize my browser window to a narrower size, the image un-blurs then too! So, is it REALLY adding a blur overlay or something, which un-renders when something changes the width of the window? o_O

So I dunno if there's rendering weirdness, overlay hiccups, mis-assigned rules per image size version, or something else entirely...

I'm probably overcomplicating this cuz I'm sleepy & I can't think straight, I'd better hit the Post Reply button before I ramble too long. Sorry if most of this ends up being irrelevant. orz

🌸💮 Please be patient with me; I've got major brain fog from Fibromyalgia, ADHD, severe neck/back pain, extreme sleep irregularity, & derealization disorder. 💮🌸

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-07 08:47:01

At 10/7/23 07:01 AM, ZaCloud wrote:

Here's a direct link to the PNG:

https://art.ngfiles.com/images/5103000/5103305_61615_zacloud_untitled-5103305.fad5af1fd69b00d6f0a8c97dffe35226.png

Does that look like how you expect it to look?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-07 09:05:37

At 10/6/23 06:58 PM, Edeshye wrote: Blurry PFP
I just changed my profile pic and it got all blurry... the one before it was not, though. Something with the webp conversion maybe?

I think that one is down to the WebP compression, which isn't ideal for really small images. I've made a note that we should be trying lossless compression for those.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-07 15:43:56

I seem to be having an issue with auto-publishing art projects. The first few times I tried it, it published just fine, but ever since, the P-Bot sends me a Publishing Error message. Here's what it says:

Hi, lovetopullmicke!
Unfortunately, there was an issue with auto-publishing your project, "Memry".
The error that was returned was: Bad PortalItemRating: Array
(
[suitability] => 'suitability' isn't valid.
)
Please correct whatever the problem was and then try again!

I can't parse any of that, so I'm not sure what I can do to fix it. I've just been publishing the projects manually in the meantime.

I have quite a few unpublished projects at the moment ( 13 for the rest of October ). Could that be the issue?

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-07 21:42:33

At 10/7/23 03:43 PM, lovetopullmicke wrote: I seem to be having an issue with auto-publishing art projects. The first few times I tried it, it published just fine, but ever since, the P-Bot sends me a Publishing Error message. Here's what it says:
I can't parse any of that, so I'm not sure what I can do to fix it. I've just been publishing the projects manually in the meantime.
I have quite a few unpublished projects at the moment ( 13 for the rest of October ). Could that be the issue?

There's a ticket for this at the moment, something isn't working right there.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-10-08 00:03:22

At 10/7/23 08:47 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/7/23 07:01 AM, ZaCloud wrote:
Here's a direct link to the PNG:

https://art.ngfiles.com/images/5103000/5103305_61615_zacloud_untitled-5103305.fad5af1fd69b00d6f0a8c97dffe35226.png

Does that look like how you expect it to look?

Yeah. The jaggies are like the original & the motion blur is how it should be.