00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pawnwolf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Email 2FA and Pixel Day!

48,760 Views | 182 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Pixel Day

Our ninth annual Pixel Day is January 23rd!

Participate by making original pixel art, animation, games or chiptunes. Publish your entry on January 23rd and include the "pixelday2024" tag.

If your work is making its world premier on Pixel Day, you are eligible for our prize competition! Include a second tag, "pixelday2024-compo" to confirm it is a world premier piece and is competing for a prize. If you are sharing something you've already posted elsewhere, stick with just the pixelday2024 tag.

If you’re a pixel artist who has never shared your work on NG, we’d love to see you join in! You can enter multiple categories or submit multiple entries. You can also team up with friends to make stuff.

Fan art is fine, if the art is your own original pixel work and not sprites ripped from games.

If you’re making a movie or game, try partnering with someone making chiptunes on NG! We can’t host content with unlicensed commercial music, so avoid using songs you don’t have permission to use. Here are some music resources.

Current Prizes

We’re looking for sponsors to increase these!

Best Pixel Art

1st - $210

2nd - $150

3rd - $125

4th - $100

5th - $75

6th - $20

Best Pixel Animation

1st - $300

2nd - $150

3rd - $100

Best Pixel Game

1st - $350

2nd - $250

3rd - $120

Best Chiptune Music

1st - $225

2nd - $150

3rd - $100

4th - $75

Prizes will continue to grow with support from the community. If you’re down to sponsor, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards Pixel Day. You can also specify a category (art, animation, game, music) if you like!

Thank you to our Pixel Day Sponsors!

@MalFromed - $1000

@Manderby - $500

@Krash17 - $100

@Aalasteir - $40

@53xy83457 - $50

@FutureCopLGF - $50

@YendorNG - $50

@SketchToPen - $50

@Anonymous-Frog - $25

@Unicronicorn - $25

@GrapheneKid - $20

@TapathyWR - $20

@DeadSM - $20

@Royal-Harmonica - $15

@Theepicosity - $10

Browse the Pixel Day 2023, Pixel Day 2022, Pixel Day 2021 and Pixel Day 2020 winners.

Our Pixel Day promo banner is by @donpeppi!

iu_1144443_1.gif

Email 2FA

We just rolled out email 2-factor authentication, which is now the default for anyone who hasn’t previously set up 2-factor authentication using an authenticator app.

This means that when you sign in to NG from a new device, if you aren’t using an authenticator app to generate a code, a code will instead be sent to your email address. You’ll have to copy that code into the login form to complete the login.

If you’re currently logged in, now would be a great time to confirm that your email address is correct! Otherwise you may find yourself locked out in the future.

We still recommend setting up 2FA with an authenticator app, so if someone ever breaks into your email they still can’t access your Newgrounds account. You can set that up via the “Login Options and 2-Factor Authentication” link on your account page.

We’ll be fine-tuning and improving this in the days and weeks to come. If you’d like to report any problems you’re having with this update, PM me or email support AT newgrounds.com. If you email Support, be sure to include your username in the email.

VPN Logins

For the past few days we’ve been blocking VPNs from logging into NG, as an extra security measure. Now that email 2FA is in place, you should be able to log in with a VPN again.

Other News

Read the 2023 Year-End Recap!

@PKettles made the new site art that went up today! This piece includes Castle Cat, Wiesi and Rhede, in celebration of the lives of Wiesi and Outsideboxproduction, who we lost in 2023.

January is also Jamuary, a daily music challenge!

January 13th is the Adult Swim Collab Signup deadline.

January 15th is the Break It Up Collab breakbeat audio deadline.

January 20th is the Slam Poetry Application deadline.

January 21st is the NG Office Depths Pixel Art Collab deadline.

January 24th is the start of the NG Music Triathalon.

January 27th is the Slam Poetry Live Event.

February 1st is the OneyPlays Sonic Shorts application deadline.

February 1st is the Sonic Shorts 9 application deadline.

February 12th is the Valentine’s Day Art Collab deadline.

February 15th is the NG Mall Music Collab deadline.

February 24th is the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Collab deadline.

February 28th is the LISA Campfire Collab and Transformers Collab deadline.

March 20th is the Storytime Collab deadline (writers, voice actors and musicians).

April 3rd is the Kamen Rider Collab deadline.

June will be the Midsummer Rumble month-long art event!

July 20th is the Five Nights at Freddy's Collab deadline.

Slushydojo is organizing a Nickelodeon Collab.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 12:51:53

The site art looks awesome! Noticed Pebbles and PPF first.

This year is gonna be a good one for events!

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 12:52:41

Awesome! You have done some good work Tom as usual ! :)

ZombieGhost

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 12:52:56

At 1/3/24 12:48 PM, TomFulp wrote: Email 2FA

We just rolled out email 2-factor authentication, which is now the default for anyone who hasn’t previously set up 2-factor authentication using an authenticator app.

This means that when you sign in to NG from a new device, if you aren’t using an authenticator app to generate a code, a code will instead be sent to your email address. You’ll have to copy that code into the login form to complete the login.

If you’re currently logged in, now would be a great time to confirm that your email address is correct! Otherwise you may find yourself locked out in the future.

We still recommend setting up 2FA with an authenticator app, so if someone ever breaks into your email they still can’t access your Newgrounds account. You can set that up via the “Login Options and 2-Factor Authentication” link on your account page.

We’ll be fine-tuning and improving this in the days and weeks to come. If you’d like to report any problems you’re having with this update, PM me or email support AT newgrounds.com. If you email Support, be sure to include your username in the email.

VPN Logins

For the past few days we’ve been blocking VPNs from logging into NG, as an extra security measure. Now that email 2FA is in place, you should be able to log in with a VPN again.

Pixel Day

Participate by making original pixel art, animation, games or chiptunes. Publish your entry on January 23rd and include the "pixelday2024" tag.

If your work is making its world premier on Pixel Day, you are eligible for our prize competition! Include a second tag, "pixelday2024-compo" to confirm it is a world premier piece and is competing for a prize. If you are sharing something you've already posted elsewhere, stick with just the pixelday2024 tag.

If you’re a pixel artist who has never shared your work on NG, we’d love to see you join in! You can enter multiple categories or submit multiple entries. You can also team up with friends to make stuff.

Fan art is fine, if the art is your own original pixel work and not sprites ripped from games.
If you’re making a movie or game, try partnering with someone making chiptunes on NG! We can’t host content with unlicensed commercial music, so avoid using songs you don’t have permission to use. Here are some music resources.

Current Prizes

Best Pixel Art

1st - $125
2nd - $100
3rd - $75

Best Pixel Animation

1st - $200
2nd - $100
3rd - $75

Best Pixel Game

1st - $250
2nd - $200
3rd - $100

Best Chiptune Music

1st - $125
2nd - $100
3rd - $75

Prizes will continue to grow with support from the community. If you’re down to sponsor, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards Pixel Day. You can also specify a category (art, animation, game, music) if you like!

@MalFromed - $1000

Browse the Pixel Day 2023, Pixel Day 2022, Pixel Day 2021 and Pixel Day 2020 winners.

Other News

@PKettles made the new site art that went up today! This piece includes Castle Cat, Wiesi and Rhede, in celebration of the lives of Wiesi and Outsideboxproduction, who we lost in 2023.

January 5th is the NG Meetup at Anime Los Angeles, hosted by @QueenBoo and @Xeno-Cowboy!

January 31st is the Adult Swim Collab Signup deadline.

Yay! I love when there's an update.

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 13:02:12 (edited 2024-01-03 13:02:24)

At 1/3/24 12:52 PM, ZombieGhost wrote: Awesome! You have done some good work Tom as usual ! :)

Thank @liljim for getting this together over the holidays!

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 13:04:34

I'm glad that the team is working about the security of the site. I hope that will get good stuffs this years.

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 13:10:36

At 1/3/24 01:02 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/3/24 12:52 PM, ZombieGhost wrote: Awesome! You have done some good work Tom as usual ! :)
Thank @liljim for getting this together over the holidays!

Wow major respect to him! Working on holidays is something!

ZombieGhost

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 13:17:27

2FA is huge, will set that up rn

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 13:19:43 (edited 2024-01-03 13:20:23)

Honestly this little raid event definitely opened my eyes when it comes to 2FA, I think I'll start using it whenever possible. You truly can't be too careful.

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 13:21:40

Definitivamente voy a participar:D

Mañana hay clases

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 13:29:25

Excited for Pixel Day, probably my favourite NG holiday! Hoping to get my game done with time to spare this year!

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 13:47:19

this is very good!

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 14:35:02

Email updat'd!

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 14:44:48

At 1/3/24 12:48 PM, TomFulp wrote: Email 2FA

VPN Logins

Pixel Day

Current Prizes

Best Pixel Art

1st - $125
2nd - $100
3rd - $75

Best Pixel Animation

1st - $200
2nd - $100
3rd - $75

Best Pixel Game

1st - $290
2nd - $200
3rd - $100

Best Chiptune Music

1st - $125
2nd - $100
3rd - $75

@MalFromed - $1000
@Aalasteir - $40

Other News

January 5th is the NG Meetup at Anime Los Angeles, hosted by @QueenBoo and @Xeno-Cowboy!

January 31st is the Adult Swim Collab Signup deadline.

can you make this optional? I REALLY dont want to get locked out

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 15:03:43

Looking forward to Pixel Day 2024.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 16:15:23

glad to see a another 2FA option for NG.

Can't wait for Pixel day!

Check out my stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 16:26:10 (edited 2024-01-03 16:27:37)

I really love PK's wall art. The color palette really pops.

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 16:48:39

What a great tribute and site skin!

*like a school kid* Thaaank youuuuu @liljim forputtin'thislil'layerofprotectioninforeveryoneeeeee. <3

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 17:05:14

Does Pixel Day chiptune music have rules on what DAWs, plugins and samples you should/shouldn't be using?

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 17:17:44

Let's go!

xoxo 💋 (ps: okay I guess you can watch TRW)

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 17:28:52 (edited 2024-01-03 17:36:46)

Thanks for the updated security measures, @TomFulp @liljim. I did my best to stay clear from that raid's drama, but suffice it to say it did wind up reaching me quite a bit since I'm active on the Elite Guard Barracks thread. Fortunately it was just a mere unsolicited DM with some rather... grotesque contents, and nothing beyond that.

It definitely affected other users a lot more than me; some of them were deep into the trenches during that war, and others pulling intel for what was unfolding. Not to forget that there were quite a number of user accounts that got compromised. Hopefully if they were still active on the site, they can be salvaged to a degree. For losing all of that progress and submissions would make me feel rather sad.

Infuriating to see that some people have too much time on their hands, and rather than putting it towards something productive or self-caring, they decide that the world needs to burn around them... and they've decided that Newgrounds - of all places - needed to suffer from their misery. I don't know where the Jim Melon fanatics are from, but where I live it's a tradition to gut watermelons and use their hollow husks as helmets. Crazy football fanatics, we can be.

On a positive note... I'm enjoying the current site background so far, @PKettles. Been loving the homage to some of our content creators who are sadly no longer with us. That's pretty sweet, and I like your choice in color pallets!

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 18:09:33

need to switch the emails of two accounts to gmail

i lost access to them

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 19:58:08

Pixel Day is going to be exciting this year! Normally at the start of this year I will be doing original fighting game background and making kickass pixel art mockup each Friday which is part of my new years resolution. Can't wait to see some kickass Pixel Day entries for me to fave!

I'll probably retire from Pixel Day either after I post this Pixel Day Mural this year or make a huge entry for Pixel Day's 10th anniversary Before starting a new leaf in my 40s.

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 21:33:50 (edited 2024-01-03 21:34:24)

At 1/3/24 05:05 PM, Razex wrote: Does Pixel Day chiptune music have rules on what DAWs, plugins and samples you should/shouldn't be using?

We've never gotten super strict there and digital fusion is ok, the goal being to have chiptune vibes / elements.

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 21:35:31

At 1/3/24 02:47 PM, AJV-Draws wrote: Does it still count if I put a pixelation filter over an illustration? I’m curious because I plan to have an illustration with it and I’m not good at pixel art.

That probably wouldn't quite fit the spirit of the event. You're still welcome to post something but for the competition portion we'll be looking at more traditional pixel art methods.

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 21:41:00

Another new update and it should be helpful. Keep the great updates coming.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-03 23:19:08

OOOH THANK YOU TOM but i think the watermelon are gone

AlexToolStudio voicing acting since 2023

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-04 02:03:14

At 1/3/24 11:19 PM, AlexToolStudio wrote: i think the watermelon are gone

Good riddance, because they won't bother people anymore.

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-04 04:39:47 (edited 2024-01-04 04:43:49)

Woo, the time has come! Thought email-based 2FA would be the first 2FA we'd have here for sure; that app-based ones were a more complicated endeavor to add in. Makes it easy to use 2FA too. And with most email clients it's easy to have 2FA via phone to secure that.

Nice to be able to do this all without a third-party app finally, appreciate this.

And great things going on overall all over! Looking forward to Pixel Day too, and all them collabs jams and meets... 2024's off to a good start.

Looking forward to the Flash Jam most of all, hope that's coming up in April too.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-04 05:16:23

I WILL BE IN PIXEL DAY NO MATTER WHAT

- wamy :3

BBS Signature