00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Psych3d3lia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Email 2FA and Pixel Day!

48,767 Views | 182 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-07 16:18:19

At 1/7/24 04:07 AM, TechnoKingUwU wrote:
At 1/7/24 03:11 AM, Dolorious wrote:
I see that it requires a phone to set this up.
Well RIP to this account in the future.
If I disappear. Just know that the 2FA guillotine has executed me..

edit wait nvm I might be in the clear.
edit 2:fuck it requires a phone as well!
You don't need a phone, many password managers will let you do this from the browser or a desktop app. I use KeePassXC.

Alright will give KeePassXC a try for this then. Also speaking of password managers... Those things are convenient but way too insecure compared to just simply writing the passwords down on a piece of paper these days.

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-07 16:53:47 (edited 2024-01-07 17:07:32)

Where the fuck do I type in the code for this to get emailed?

edit: eh fuck it, will deal with it later down the road.

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-07 21:11:16 (edited 2024-01-07 21:12:27)

In case anyone wants to use KeePassXC (in the case desktop is their only option and they don't want to use email verification), here's a short tutorial

There are probably better options, KeePassXC is less convenient and straightforward than mobile apps focused on just being an authenticator

iu_1143066_20528093.gif

You don't need to provide your username or password if you don't want to. The URL is only useful if you want to use the browser extension or mobile autofill service.

An alternative is to have an android virtual machine. Google Authenticator and Aegis worked for me in the past on VirtualBox and Bluestacks on Windows.

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-07 21:48:53 (edited 2024-01-07 21:51:09)

At 1/7/24 09:11 PM, TechnoKingUwU wrote: In case anyone wants to use KeePassXC (in the case desktop is their only option and they don't want to use email verification), here's a short tutorial
There are probably better options, KeePassXC is less convenient and straightforward than mobile apps focused on just being an authenticator

You don't need to provide your username or password if you don't want to. The URL is only useful if you want to use the browser extension or mobile autofill service.

An alternative is to have an android virtual machine. Google Authenticator and Aegis worked for me in the past on VirtualBox and Bluestacks on Windows.

Thanks

I think it worked.

Looks like this account is in the clear now.

edit: If it didn't work. I'm sure Newgrounds will let me know.

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-07 22:19:46 (edited 2024-01-07 22:20:03)

At 1/7/24 02:23 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/7/24 12:46 PM, MastaPowa7 wrote: It's kinda funny to me there's just now 2FA
To be fair we've had 2FA via app for a while now, we're just now forcing email 2FA on everyone who doesn't use that.

I must have forgotten 2FA been existed lol

Honestly, not even sure on how good my music is compared to everyone else

I won't expect anything if I barely get anywhere... lol

But if I somehow do, whatever.. 22:25 7/10/23

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-07 22:23:36

At 1/7/24 04:18 PM, Dolorious wrote:

You don't need a phone, many password managers will let you do this from the browser or a desktop app. I use KeePassXC.
Alright will give KeePassXC a try for this then. Also speaking of password managers... Those things are convenient but way too insecure compared to just simply writing the passwords down on a piece of paper these days.

I will argue that while paper can be a good choice, it can cause problems if something were to happen to the paper such as the all-time classic "I spilled water on it." Writing it in a txt file can work or just having multiple sources containing your passwords would be better in the event something happens to one of your sources.

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-07 22:47:27

At 1/7/24 10:23 PM, MastaPowa7 wrote:

I will argue that while paper can be a good choice, it can cause problems if something were to happen to the paper such as the all-time classic "I spilled water on it." Writing it in a txt file can work or just having multiple sources containing your passwords would be better in the event something happens to one of your sources.

Then etch the passwords onto a stone tablet. Spilled water won't be a problem for stones with text carved into them.

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-08 09:04:13

Would be nice if there will be an option which disable 2FA.

Not a good NSFW artist, not a good programmer, but a very good meat beater

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-08 11:15:39 (edited 2024-01-08 11:28:17)

This is Perfect. 

I've always hated mandatory 2FA-QR code nonsense That needs my phone and avoid using sites/apps that Force it, when a simple Email code is less hassle.(I'm looking at you WhatsApp Web)

I will only have to type a Code sent to me on Vacations now, which explains my changing IP.

Thank you.

PeepeePooPoo, PeepooPoopoo. MAMAGOOGOOGA,GAMA...MY SIDES2!

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-08 19:49:38

At 1/7/24 10:47 PM, Dolorious wrote:
At 1/7/24 10:23 PM, MastaPowa7 wrote:

Then etch the passwords onto a stone tablet. Spilled water won't be a problem for stones with text carved into them.

Just like what God did with the ten commandments XD (until moses dropped the first set and broke them. Bible lore lol)

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 03:32:04

Oh, time to make some pixel art work. I finish the last second, hate it, and get frontpaged.

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 10:21:08

ok well i better get prepared for that day

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 10:21:08

I'm guessing @Luis did the banner art for Pixel Day ? :-]

*xin laugh*

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 10:21:54

At 1/10/24 10:21 AM, Xinxinix wrote: I'm guessing @Luis did the banner art for Pixel Day ? :-]

It's by @donpeppi! Just updated this post to note that.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 10:24:17

Holy crap is that banner an earthbound reference???

I will make fun of you regardless of who you are

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 10:27:42

At 1/3/24 12:48 PM, TomFulp wrote: Pixel Day

Our ninth annual Pixel Day is January 23rd!

Participate by making original pixel art, animation, games or chiptunes. Publish your entry on January 23rd and include the "pixelday2024" tag.

If your work is making its world premier on Pixel Day, you are eligible for our prize competition! Include a second tag, "pixelday2024-compo" to confirm it is a world premier piece and is competing for a prize. If you are sharing something you've already posted elsewhere, stick with just the pixelday2024 tag.

If you’re a pixel artist who has never shared your work on NG, we’d love to see you join in! You can enter multiple categories or submit multiple entries. You can also team up with friends to make stuff.

Fan art is fine, if the art is your own original pixel work and not sprites ripped from games.
If you’re making a movie or game, try partnering with someone making chiptunes on NG! We can’t host content with unlicensed commercial music, so avoid using songs you don’t have permission to use. Here are some music resources.

Current Prizes

We’re looking for sponsors to increase these!

Best Pixel Art

1st - $200
2nd - $150
3rd - $125
4th - $100
5th - $50

Best Pixel Animation

1st - $295
2nd - $150
3rd - $100

Best Pixel Game

1st - $350
2nd - $250
3rd - $100

Best Chiptune Music

1st - $200
2nd - $150
3rd - $100
4th - $65

Prizes will continue to grow with support from the community. If you’re down to sponsor, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards Pixel Day. You can also specify a category (art, animation, game, music) if you like!

Thank you to our Pixel Day Sponsors!

@MalFromed - $1000
@Manderby - $500
@Krash17 - $100
@Aalasteir - $40
@53xy83457 - $50
@FutureCopLGF - $50
@YendorNG - $50
@Anonymous-Frog - $25
@GrapheneKid - $20
@Royal-Harmonica - $15
@Theepicosity - $10

Browse the Pixel Day 2023, Pixel Day 2022, Pixel Day 2021 and Pixel Day 2020 winners.

Our Pixel Day promo banner is by @donpeppi!

Email 2FA

We just rolled out email 2-factor authentication, which is now the default for anyone who hasn’t previously set up 2-factor authentication using an authenticator app.

This means that when you sign in to NG from a new device, if you aren’t using an authenticator app to generate a code, a code will instead be sent to your email address. You’ll have to copy that code into the login form to complete the login.

If you’re currently logged in, now would be a great time to confirm that your email address is correct! Otherwise you may find yourself locked out in the future.

We still recommend setting up 2FA with an authenticator app, so if someone ever breaks into your email they still can’t access your Newgrounds account. You can set that up via the “Login Options and 2-Factor Authentication” link on your account page.

We’ll be fine-tuning and improving this in the days and weeks to come. If you’d like to report any problems you’re having with this update, PM me or email support AT newgrounds.com. If you email Support, be sure to include your username in the email.

VPN Logins

For the past few days we’ve been blocking VPNs from logging into NG, as an extra security measure. Now that email 2FA is in place, you should be able to log in with a VPN again.

Other News

Read the 2023 Year-End Recap!

@PKettles made the new site art that went up today! This piece includes Castle Cat, Wiesi and Rhede, in celebration of the lives of Wiesi and Outsideboxproduction, who we lost in 2023.

January is also Jamuary, a daily music challenge!

January 5th is the NG Meetup at Anime Los Angeles, hosted by @QueenBoo and @Xeno-Cowboy!

January 13th is the Adult Swim Collab Signup deadline.

January 15th is the Break It Up Collab breakbeat audio deadline.

January 21st is the NG Office Depths Pixel Art Collab deadline.

February 1st is the OneyPlays Sonic Shorts application deadline.

February 12th is the Valentine’s Day Art Collab deadline.

February 24th is the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Collab deadline.

February 28th is the LISA Campfire Collab and Transformers Collab deadline.

April 3rd is the Kamen Rider Collab deadline.

Slushydojo is organizing a Nickelodeon Collab.

is it ok to put the pixel day tag on my pixel art i already posted last year?

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 10:29:30

At 1/10/24 10:27 AM, SuperGibaLogan wrote: is it ok to put the pixel day tag on my pixel art i already posted last year?

We prefer to keep the tag focused on the event day itself, as a big day of pixel art.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 10:30:41

pixel

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 10:32:08

Will we have a double XP day on the 23rd?

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 10:35:41

At 1/10/24 10:21 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/10/24 10:21 AM, Xinxinix wrote: I'm guessing @Luis did the banner art for Pixel Day ? :-]
It's by @donpeppi! Just updated this post to note that.

Already following them, awesome !!

*xin laugh*

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 10:44:49

That PixelDay Banner art is delicious, Im really loving that new pico design too.

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 11:00:34

I have been obsesse with Mother series and suddenly everyone else too, I love it!!

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 11:11:59

@TomFulp i hope theres more pico games bc i like that characters ;)

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 11:19:02 (edited 2024-01-10 11:19:17)

I love the pixel day, it's the best time to post pixel art!

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 11:27:04

Been looking for participate for this one harder that ever >:D

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 11:46:26

yoooo what a sickass banner

Hi :D

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 12:08:55

At 1/10/24 10:29 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/10/24 10:27 AM, SuperGibaLogan wrote: is it ok to put the pixel day tag on my pixel art i already posted last year?
We prefer to keep the tag focused on the event day itself, as a big day of pixel art.

oh

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 12:36:16

At 1/3/24 12:48 PM, TomFulp wrote: Pixel Day

Our ninth annual Pixel Day is January 23rd!

Participate by making original pixel art, animation, games or chiptunes. Publish your entry on January 23rd and include the "pixelday2024" tag.

If your work is making its world premier on Pixel Day, you are eligible for our prize competition! Include a second tag, "pixelday2024-compo" to confirm it is a world premier piece and is competing for a prize. If you are sharing something you've already posted elsewhere, stick with just the pixelday2024 tag.

If you’re a pixel artist who has never shared your work on NG, we’d love to see you join in! You can enter multiple categories or submit multiple entries. You can also team up with friends to make stuff.

Fan art is fine, if the art is your own original pixel work and not sprites ripped from games.
If you’re making a movie or game, try partnering with someone making chiptunes on NG! We can’t host content with unlicensed commercial music, so avoid using songs you don’t have permission to use. Here are some music resources.

Current Prizes

We’re looking for sponsors to increase these!

Best Pixel Art

1st - $200
2nd - $150
3rd - $125
4th - $100
5th - $50

Best Pixel Animation

1st - $295
2nd - $150
3rd - $100

Best Pixel Game

1st - $350
2nd - $250
3rd - $100

Best Chiptune Music

1st - $200
2nd - $150
3rd - $100
4th - $65

Prizes will continue to grow with support from the community. If you’re down to sponsor, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards Pixel Day. You can also specify a category (art, animation, game, music) if you like!

Thank you to our Pixel Day Sponsors!

@MalFromed - $1000
@Manderby - $500
@Krash17 - $100
@Aalasteir - $40
@53xy83457 - $50
@FutureCopLGF - $50
@YendorNG - $50
@Anonymous-Frog - $25
@GrapheneKid - $20
@Royal-Harmonica - $15
@Theepicosity - $10

Browse the Pixel Day 2023, Pixel Day 2022, Pixel Day 2021 and Pixel Day 2020 winners.

Our Pixel Day promo banner is by @donpeppi!

Email 2FA

We just rolled out email 2-factor authentication, which is now the default for anyone who hasn’t previously set up 2-factor authentication using an authenticator app.

This means that when you sign in to NG from a new device, if you aren’t using an authenticator app to generate a code, a code will instead be sent to your email address. You’ll have to copy that code into the login form to complete the login.

If you’re currently logged in, now would be a great time to confirm that your email address is correct! Otherwise you may find yourself locked out in the future.

We still recommend setting up 2FA with an authenticator app, so if someone ever breaks into your email they still can’t access your Newgrounds account. You can set that up via the “Login Options and 2-Factor Authentication” link on your account page.

We’ll be fine-tuning and improving this in the days and weeks to come. If you’d like to report any problems you’re having with this update, PM me or email support AT newgrounds.com. If you email Support, be sure to include your username in the email.

VPN Logins

For the past few days we’ve been blocking VPNs from logging into NG, as an extra security measure. Now that email 2FA is in place, you should be able to log in with a VPN again.

Other News

Read the 2023 Year-End Recap!

@PKettles made the new site art that went up today! This piece includes Castle Cat, Wiesi and Rhede, in celebration of the lives of Wiesi and Outsideboxproduction, who we lost in 2023.

January is also Jamuary, a daily music challenge!

January 5th is the NG Meetup at Anime Los Angeles, hosted by @QueenBoo and @Xeno-Cowboy!

January 13th is the Adult Swim Collab Signup deadline.

January 15th is the Break It Up Collab breakbeat audio deadline.

January 21st is the NG Office Depths Pixel Art Collab deadline.

February 1st is the OneyPlays Sonic Shorts application deadline.

February 12th is the Valentine’s Day Art Collab deadline.

February 24th is the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Collab deadline.

February 28th is the LISA Campfire Collab and Transformers Collab deadline.

April 3rd is the Kamen Rider Collab deadline.

Slushydojo is organizing a Nickelodeon Collab.

Yayy! can't wait to see the great art people put out :D

hearts 4 leafyishere follow meh on titter my xtiwter thingy

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 12:41:11

big respect for the sponsors

haha dnb go brrr

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-10 12:44:54

Cool! 😁