00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

qamar123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Email 2FA and Pixel Day!

48,765 Views | 182 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-04 05:17:27 (edited 2024-01-04 05:19:03)

At 1/3/24 06:09 PM, W0WL0L wrote: need to switch the emails of two accounts to gmail
i lost access to them

it got fixed, thanks, tom

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-04 06:25:33 (edited 2024-01-04 06:25:43)

if you do facial recognition, i guess P-bot is shit out of luck.

also first post

None

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-04 09:21:53

At 1/4/24 06:25 AM, Luis wrote: if you do facial recognition, i guess P-bot is shit out of luck.

How the hell would NG do facial recognition anyways?

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-04 10:01:51

I don't know if this is just the 500cc's of coffee I just injected into my bloodstream but I am SO stoked for Pixel Day.

Krash17's mental health secrets:

Drink more water, sleep well, and if you want friends, be a friend.

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-04 17:25:42

Huzzah! We got more 2FA options!

Also, the calendar post at the end is a good excuse for me to remember to ask you about putting the deadlines of both @DioShiba’s and my Pokémon parody collabs (Pokémon Mystery Lovers and Pokémon Mystery Meat) up on the calendar.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-04 17:47:35

At 1/4/24 05:25 PM, Thetageist wrote: Huzzah! We got more 2FA options!

Also, the calendar post at the end is a good excuse for me to remember to ask you about putting the deadlines of both @DioShiba’s and my Pokémon parody collabs (Pokémon Mystery Lovers and Pokémon Mystery Meat) up on the calendar.

Your post says the deadline is February 31st but Feb only goes up to the 29th so I've popped the Mystery Meat deadline on the 29th. Did you mean for that to be January 31st or Feb 29th? Want me to edit the post?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-04 18:07:35

At 1/4/24 05:47 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/4/24 05:25 PM, Thetageist wrote: Huzzah! We got more 2FA options!

Your post says the deadline is February 31st but Feb only goes up to the 29th so I've popped the Mystery Meat deadline on the 29th. Did you mean for that to be January 31st or Feb 29th? Want me to edit the post?

...Oh. I am an idiot and forgot how February works. February 29th, please. (Ah, it's a leap year.)

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-04 19:13:14

At 1/4/24 06:07 PM, Thetageist wrote:
At 1/4/24 05:47 PM, TomFulp wrote: Your post says the deadline is February 31st but Feb only goes up to the 29th so I've popped the Mystery Meat deadline on the 29th. Did you mean for that to be January 31st or Feb 29th? Want me to edit the post?
...Oh. I am an idiot and forgot how February works. February 29th, please. (Ah, it's a leap year.)

Updated!

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-05 08:06:56

Another NG legend has died. Do you plan to update the In Memoriam page again?

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-05 09:09:40

At 1/5/24 08:06 AM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: Another NG legend has died. Do you plan to update the In Memoriam page again?

Ooh boy this is a tough one.

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-05 09:19:45

I had a bug where after creating the 2fa, the page didn't react at all. Only after reloading the page I got the backup codes

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-05 09:50:09

If someone wants a simple original score for their pixel day game/movie, i'm available for commission!

this loop is not exactly chiptune but i guess it shows effectively a bit of what's possible in a short period of time:

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-05 09:51:30

At 1/5/24 09:19 AM, TechnoKingUwU wrote: I had a bug where after creating the 2fa, the page didn't react at all. Only after reloading the page I got the backup codes

I just did a test of this. I scanned the barcode with my authenticator app and then entered the code and click the button to submit the code. It then went to the page with the backup codes.

When you scanned the barcode, did you enter the code on the page, then click the button to submit, then nothing happened after that? Did it just stay on the page, as if the button hadn't been clicked?

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-05 10:50:26

At 1/3/24 12:48 PM, TomFulp wrote: Email 2FA

We just rolled out email 2-factor authentication, which is now the default for anyone who hasn’t previously set up 2-factor authentication using an authenticator app.

This means that when you sign in to NG from a new device, if you aren’t using an authenticator app to generate a code, a code will instead be sent to your email address. You’ll have to copy that code into the login form to complete the login.

If you’re currently logged in, now would be a great time to confirm that your email address is correct! Otherwise you may find yourself locked out in the future.

We still recommend setting up 2FA with an authenticator app, so if someone ever breaks into your email they still can’t access your Newgrounds account. You can set that up via the “Login Options and 2-Factor Authentication” link on your account page.

We’ll be fine-tuning and improving this in the days and weeks to come. If you’d like to report any problems you’re having with this update, PM me or email support AT newgrounds.com. If you email Support, be sure to include your username in the email.

VPN Logins

For the past few days we’ve been blocking VPNs from logging into NG, as an extra security measure. Now that email 2FA is in place, you should be able to log in with a VPN again.

Pixel Day

Our ninth annual Pixel Day is January 23rd!

Participate by making original pixel art, animation, games or chiptunes. Publish your entry on January 23rd and include the "pixelday2024" tag.

If your work is making its world premier on Pixel Day, you are eligible for our prize competition! Include a second tag, "pixelday2024-compo" to confirm it is a world premier piece and is competing for a prize. If you are sharing something you've already posted elsewhere, stick with just the pixelday2024 tag.

If you’re a pixel artist who has never shared your work on NG, we’d love to see you join in! You can enter multiple categories or submit multiple entries. You can also team up with friends to make stuff.

Fan art is fine, if the art is your own original pixel work and not sprites ripped from games.
If you’re making a movie or game, try partnering with someone making chiptunes on NG! We can’t host content with unlicensed commercial music, so avoid using songs you don’t have permission to use. Here are some music resources.

Current Prizes

We’re looking for sponsors to increase these!

Best Pixel Art

1st - $200
2nd - $150
3rd - $125
4th - $100
5th - $50

Best Pixel Animation

1st - $295
2nd - $150
3rd - $100

Best Pixel Game

1st - $350
2nd - $250
3rd - $100

Best Chiptune Music

1st - $200
2nd - $150
3rd - $100
4th - $65

Prizes will continue to grow with support from the community. If you’re down to sponsor, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards Pixel Day. You can also specify a category (art, animation, game, music) if you like!

Thank you to our Pixel Day Sponsors!

@MalFromed - $1000
@Manderby - $500
@Krash17 - $100
@Aalasteir - $40
@53xy83457 - $50
@FutureCopLGF - $50
@YendorNG - $50
@Anonymous-Frog - $25
@GrapheneKid - $20
@Royal-Harmonica - $15
@Theepicosity - $10

Browse the Pixel Day 2023, Pixel Day 2022, Pixel Day 2021 and Pixel Day 2020 winners.

Other News

Read the 2023 Year-End Recap!

@PKettles made the new site art that went up today! This piece includes Castle Cat, Wiesi and Rhede, in celebration of the lives of Wiesi and Outsideboxproduction, who we lost in 2023.

January is also Jamuary, a daily music challenge!

January 5th is the NG Meetup at Anime Los Angeles, hosted by @QueenBoo and @Xeno-Cowboy!

January 15th is the Break It Up Collab breakbeat audio deadline.

January 21st is the NG Office Depths Pixel Art Collab deadline.

January 31st is the Adult Swim Collab Signup deadline.

February 1st is the OneyPlays Sonic Shorts application deadline.

February 12th is the Valentine’s Day Art Collab deadline.

February 24th is the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Collab deadline.

February 28th is the LISA Campfire Collab and Transformers Collab deadline.

April 3rd is the Kamen Rider Collab deadline.

Slushydojo is organizing a Nickelodeon Collab.

Amazing security.

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-05 12:55:03

I haven't been very active on this site for the past several years, but I was going through my accounts and realized that I haven't set up 2FA on Newgrounds yet. Logged in to do just that!

Now I presume passkeys will be next on the agenda?

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-05 13:05:50

At 1/5/24 12:55 PM, k6ka wrote: Now I presume passkeys will be next on the agenda?

They definitely should be - passkeys are the strongest form of 2FA around.

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-05 15:04:36

might dust off aseprite this year just for this, looking forward to it!

[this is]

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-06 03:58:02

At 1/5/24 09:51 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/5/24 09:19 AM, TechnoKingUwU wrote: I had a bug where after creating the 2fa, the page didn't react at all. Only after reloading the page I got the backup codes
I just did a test of this. I scanned the barcode with my authenticator app and then entered the code and click the button to submit the code. It then went to the page with the backup codes.

When you scanned the barcode, did you enter the code on the page, then click the button to submit, then nothing happened after that? Did it just stay on the page, as if the button hadn't been clicked?

Here's a video of the bug. I press "Click here" to get the secret key and I use Firefox. If you can't replicate it, it's something on my end

https://streamable.com/6u841k

I also tried this on a clean slate firefox profile. I am on Linux if that matters

I also can't autofill the 2fa with KeePassDX on mobile, but I don't know if there's something you can do on your end. It only fills the first field

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-06 03:58:57 (edited 2024-01-06 03:59:55)

At 1/6/24 03:58 AM, TechnoKingUwU wrote:
At 1/5/24 09:51 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Here's a video of the bug. I press "Click here" to get the secret key and I use Firefox. If you can't replicate it, it's something on my end
I also tried this on a clean slate firefox profile. I am on Linux if that matters

I also can't autofill the 2fa with KeePassDX on mobile, but I don't know if there's something you can do on your end. It only fills the first field

sorry for the video quality, I didn't realize I was recording at such low quality (edit: and I just found out I can edit replies if I open the forum instead of being on the notifications)

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-06 07:19:37

Good luck for everybody! That said, now would be a good time to bring back the General Forum at the very least. With it gone, I found myself visiting this site less and less...

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-06 10:10:31

At 1/6/24 03:58 AM, TechnoKingUwU wrote: Here's a video of the bug. I press "Click here" to get the secret key and I use Firefox. If you can't replicate it, it's something on my end

I've put all this in a ticket now. I have a feeling that second issue would be solved by having a single text field for the code, vs six boxes.

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-06 11:02:42

Very nice with the 2 pt verification and pixel day nice

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-06 19:04:46

At 1/6/24 10:10 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/6/24 03:58 AM, TechnoKingUwU wrote: Here's a video of the bug. I press "Click here" to get the secret key and I use Firefox. If you can't replicate it, it's something on my end

I've put all this in a ticket now. I have a feeling that second issue would be solved by having a single text field for the code, vs six boxes.

That should work, but if you want to have six boxes I think that can still work (I don't know how). I am guessing it has worked on other websites, since I rarely notice issues with my autofill

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-07 00:38:57 (edited 2024-01-07 00:39:39)

We just rolled out email 2-factor authentication, which is now the default for anyone who hasn’t previously set up 2-factor authentication using an authenticator app.

This means that when you sign in to NG from a new device, if you aren’t using an authenticator app to generate a code, a code will instead be sent to your email address. You’ll have to copy that code into the login form to complete the login.

Will this be an option that i will be able to turn off or will have to to do the code thing everytime i log-in?

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-07 03:11:46 (edited 2024-01-07 03:15:41)

If you’re currently logged in, now would be a great time to confirm that your email address is correct! Otherwise you may find yourself locked out in the future.

I see that it requires a phone to set this up.

Well RIP to this account in the future.

If I disappear. Just know that the 2FA guillotine has executed me..

edit wait nvm I might be in the clear.

edit 2:fuck it requires a phone as well!

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-07 04:07:03

At 1/7/24 03:11 AM, Dolorious wrote:
I see that it requires a phone to set this up.
Well RIP to this account in the future.
If I disappear. Just know that the 2FA guillotine has executed me..

edit wait nvm I might be in the clear.
edit 2:fuck it requires a phone as well!

You don't need a phone, many password managers will let you do this from the browser or a desktop app. I use KeePassXC.

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-07 06:28:14 (edited 2024-01-07 06:29:03)

I deleted all my cookies a few days ago and I was genuinely sweating when the login said it sent a code to my email, cuz there was this one time when we were talking emails and you said my email provider is blacklisted here haha. But it went down without a hitch!

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-07 09:36:17

At 1/7/24 12:38 AM, Noise7 wrote:

Will this be an option that i will be able to turn off or will have to to do the code thing everytime i log-in?

You will have to enter a code each time you are logging in with a different IP than your previous login. You can also check the box to stay logged in, so you don't have to log in each time you visit the site.

BBS Signature

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-07 12:46:37

It's kinda funny to me there's just now 2FA

Honestly, not even sure on how good my music is compared to everyone else

I won't expect anything if I barely get anywhere... lol

But if I somehow do, whatever.. 22:25 7/10/23

Response to Email 2FA and Pixel Day! 2024-01-07 14:23:12

At 1/7/24 12:46 PM, MastaPowa7 wrote: It's kinda funny to me there's just now 2FA

To be fair we've had 2FA via app for a while now, we're just now forcing email 2FA on everyone who doesn't use that.

BBS Signature