00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yevs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,522,678 Views | 29,937 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-09 14:27:52

Why isn't anyone posting in this forum?

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-09 14:37:10

At 8/9/03 02:27 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Why isn't anyone posting in this forum?

i don't know....
*wind whistles as tumbleweed blows by*

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-09 15:21:05

Well lately it seems that wrestling is slowly fading away into obscurity. Gone are the days when i couldnt miss a show and watched every week. But even though wrestlings lifelin is almost over i still ty to catch a glimpse at my old heros fighting the good fight.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-09 15:38:31

Lets get this straight.

Micfoliac abandoned this club

Pep. is the new leader. I am 2nd in command.

Every one is welcomed to join.

That being said, whatsay we have a pole?

Pole of the day:

Who is the best tech. Wrestler?

A. Benoit

B. Jericho

C. Rey Mysterio

D. Kurt Angle

Com'n cast your vote!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-09 15:58:15

At 8/9/03 03:38 PM, the_Punisher wrote: Lets get this straight.

Pole of the day:

A. Benoit

B. Jericho

C. Rey Mysterio

D. Kurt Angle

Com'n cast your vote!

i'd like to say Jericho or Mysterio, cuz they got style, but the only right answer is Benoit.
As a side not, does anyone else appreciate the irony that when they brought back the US title, it was wrestled for by a CANADIAN and a MEXICAN i dunno. i find it funny.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-09 19:05:45

At 8/9/03 03:38 PM, Captan-America wrote: Pole of the day:
A. Benoit
B. Jericho
C. Rey Mysterio
D. Kurt Angle
Com'n cast your vote!

I wanna join, can I ???

I say Benoit is the best techinical wrestler even though Kurt Angle is great !!!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-09 19:14:22

Benoit is the best technical wrestler without a doubt.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-09 21:12:13

At 8/9/03 07:05 PM, Intelblow wrote:

I wanna join, can I ???

Unless Pep. says otherwise you can join.

Try to post any info about wrestling you have.

Welcome to the club!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-09 21:41:07

At 8/9/03 03:38 PM, Captan-America wrote: Lets get this straight.

Pole of the day:

A. Benoit

B. Jericho

C. Rey Mysterio

D. Kurt Angle

Com'n cast your vote!

Rey Rey isnt tech he is highflying you rarely see him do technical but he his verry good with combining moves every other wrestler on your list is so I pick Benoit hes verry fast plus hes an edmontonion like me :D

also you cant just claim leadership you have to get it from the origanal (surry if I cant spell) leader from mickfolac he would say that he left someone said he is in moscow he will probly be back soon anyaways untill then why the hell do we need a leader? its just a form so why not let everyone else just start converstations?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-09 21:59:10

At 8/9/03 09:41 PM, Makano_The_f-_Dragon wrote:

No see. HE ABANDONED this club. Quit. Months before he left, he abandoned it. And he was back a few weeks ago and didnt post here at all. This was basicaly a free club.

Pepeautime and me are running it.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-09 22:06:51

Intelblow of course you can join.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-10 00:24:49

I just saw WWE Confidentional. It showed the making of the Brock Lesnar Summerslam commercial.

It had this one bl00per where Brock is running toward the ocean on some beach and he has a whole crowd of people running the opposite way. Well this one guy didnt get out of Brock's way in time and was knocked about 4 yards away. It was ho-lariuos!

Did anyone else see that?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-10 08:59:35

I can believe that, Lesnar is a bad-ass. I like everyone on that list, ut I have to say Kurt Angel. Benoit is damn good but angel has it all over him when it comes to mic skills and wrestling skills. so new leadership huh? Well whatever.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-10 11:19:50

does anyone else hate the crappy angles written for the second- and third-tier characters on wrestling? I mean, as a general rule, i root for the underdog, and it pisses me off that these characters don't get written right. in fact i thought i'd share some of my thoughts on these characters:
Steven Richards-i've become a huge fan of this guy since he teamed with Victoria. And this "Stevie Night Heat" idea is pretty good, but must he lose every single match he's put in? (as a note, i have this complaint with almost all of these characters)
Rico-should i calll him Goldust 2 or Goldust Lite? hmmm....
Rosey-i detest the Hurricane, and giving Rosey the same gimmick sucks. i'm propbably the only person who liked 3 Minute Warning, cuz they had potential if written right. But since Jamal will probably never be back, i think Rosey should've stuck with Teddy Long and Rodney Mack, or jumped to SmackDown and probably teamed with John Cena, as Rosey had that kinda hiphop look that Cena has
Tommy Dreamer-he's called the innovator of offense, but where is it? if he's so hardcore, let's see him in Street Fights and Cage Matches. I mean, he was the last holder of the Hardcore Championship, wasn't he? (i can't remember right now)
Well thats my rant. I realize not many people will probably agree, but its something to think about.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-10 17:39:23

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!! I've been a fan of stevie richards since his ECW "Big Stevie Cool" days, he has the potential, has been in the buisness long enough, and cvould pun on one hell of a match given the opportunity. He could be IC title material, but they have him lose so damn much...
Not a fan of Rico, if i wanted to watch a fruity guy wrestle I would watch billy gunn, another guy I don;t like.
Rosey as the super hero in training (S.H.I.T.)....or we could say his career is going to shit, should have stayed with mac even though I hate the reacist angle.

I also wish they would make up their minds about christian...one minute he looks like a strong champ, then he runs or get's DQed every match...WWE needs new or better writers...seriously.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-10 17:56:21

At 8/10/03 05:39 PM, Outlaw88 wrote:

I also wish they would make up their minds about christian...one minute he looks like a strong champ, then he runs or get's DQed every match...WWE needs new or better writers...seriously.

Sometimes i think i could pull better wwe stories out of my ass. I agree with the point you made about Christian. And just think, these are just a handful of superstars from RAW! Haven't even started with Smackdown...
Hey, that gives me an idea. Every Tuesday and Friday, I (or anyone else interested) should write a review of the previous nights wrestling, and we can discuss the pros and cons of it! Whatcha'll think?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-10 18:00:35

At 8/10/03 05:56 PM, Seymour_Cheese wrote:

Hey, that gives me an idea. Every Tuesday and Friday, I (or anyone else interested) should write a review of the previous nights wrestling, and we can discuss the pros and cons of it! Whatcha'll think?

Sounds good =P ! Tommorow is the first day of school for me, so During RAW I'll post ho0w that went.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-10 20:39:45

ok, i was just watching "Sunday Night Heat" and they called Tommy Dreamer the Innovator of Violence. I thought he was the Innovator of Offense. so, who's the Innovator of Offense, or did i just imagine it?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-10 20:47:21

At 8/10/03 08:39 PM, Seymour_Cheese wrote: ok, i was just watching "Sunday Night Heat" and they called Tommy Dreamer the Innovator of Violence. I thought he was the Innovator of Offense. so, who's the Innovator of Offense, or did i just imagine it?

I dont know... Tommy Dreamer SEEMS to be over-rated.

People if we want this club to work, We have to post here more... or something.

Well, If you've ever seen the OCP thread the leader of that club does 'updates'. So I'll do that every now and then.
As a matter of fact, if any of you find any interesting Wrestling site or pages, you can do your own ubdate, link included.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-10 20:51:16

At 8/10/03 08:39 PM, Seymour_Cheese wrote: ok, i was just watching "Sunday Night Heat" and they called Tommy Dreamer the Innovator of Violence. I thought he was the Innovator of Offense. so, who's the Innovator of Offense, or did i just imagine it?

Nevermind. I figured it out. Dreamer is the Innovator of Violence. Kanyon is the Innovator of Offense.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-11 01:35:42

Tommy Dreamer is a hardcore legend.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-11 01:58:28

W00T! A wrestling club! Count me in! I've watched the WWE for about.. 4 years now? Dispite the fact he hasn't been on in a looong time, my favorite wrestler will always be.. Scotty 2 Hotty! W00T!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-11 05:23:39

At 8/10/03 11:19 AM, Seymour_Cheese wrote: does anyone else hate the crappy angles written for the second- and third-tier characters on wrestling? I mean, as a general rule, i root for the underdog, and it pisses me off that these characters don't get written right. in fact i thought i'd share some of my thoughts on these characters:
Steven Richards-i've become a huge fan of this guy since he teamed with Victoria. And this "Stevie Night Heat" idea is pretty good, but must he lose every single match he's put in? (as a note, i have this complaint with almost all of these characters)
Rico-should i calll him Goldust 2 or Goldust Lite? hmmm....
Rosey-i detest the Hurricane, and giving Rosey the same gimmick sucks. i'm propbably the only person who liked 3 Minute Warning, cuz they had potential if written right. But since Jamal will probably never be back, i think Rosey should've stuck with Teddy Long and Rodney Mack, or jumped to SmackDown and probably teamed with John Cena, as Rosey had that kinda hiphop look that Cena has
Tommy Dreamer-he's called the innovator of offense, but where is it? if he's so hardcore, let's see him in Street Fights and Cage Matches. I mean, he was the last holder of the Hardcore Championship, wasn't he? (i can't remember right now)
Well thats my rant. I realize not many people will probably agree, but its something to think about.

yeah christian debuded under control of gangeral. now hes a cheap upsessed SOB. also the whole lezner turning heel is stupid like i dont care if he does but it doesnt make complete scence. The only reason why WWE writers arent doing so well is because of little or no incentive. Meaning they have no rival fed. Thers tna but thats still an indy fed. If tna went to tv then WWE would finally have incentive and one of the most stupidest things was talking out the hardcore title plain and simple.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-11 10:47:01

I like the idea of reviewing Raw and Smackdown! the day after. Good call Big Cheese! Yeah, WWE needs some competition, TNA is the only one that has some decent wrestlers but it only comes on one day...

All this discussion on the underrated..who do you think, out of all wrestlers in WWE, is the most underrated, underused wrestler? Stevie and Dreamer are definatly there on that list, but I got to go with Stevie.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-11 10:53:56

At 8/11/03 10:47 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: I like the idea of reviewing Raw and Smackdown! the day after. Good call Big Cheese! Yeah, WWE needs some competition, TNA is the only one that has some decent wrestlers but it only comes on one day...

All this discussion on the underrated..who do you think, out of all wrestlers in WWE, is the most underrated, underused wrestler? Stevie and Dreamer are definatly there on that list, but I got to go with Stevie.

I'll have to go with Dreamer, because at least Stevie has something. He has Victoria in his corner, and now there's "Stevie Night Heat," but what's Dreamer got? I say they need to give him either a rivalry or a tagteam partner, that way, even if they don't inject any personality to the character, he'll at least have something other then a kendo stick. Or better yet, revive the Hardcore Championship.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-11 11:36:11

yeah, I miss that belt...

Breaking News--Christian pinned Booker T at a house show for the IC Title last night in Des Moines Iowa. Don't be too surprised to see Christian with the title tonight on Raw. There are two reasons for this: 1) Booker T is injured with some back problems, and a tv match like that would be bad 2) WWE wants to boost house show attendance.

Any thoughts on this?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-11 14:31:33

At 8/11/03 11:36 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: yeah, I miss that belt...

Breaking News--Christian pinned Booker T at a house show for the IC Title last night in Des Moines Iowa. Don't be too surprised to see Christian with the title tonight on Raw. There are two reasons for this: 1) Booker T is injured with some back problems, and a tv match like that would be bad 2) WWE wants to boost house show attendance.

Any thoughts on this?

personally, i hate the idea. First off, they put Booker T and Christian in match after match until Booker T won, now they just take it away? And what if televised wrestling is your only way of seeing it. You'll be watching wrestling and be like "wtf? why is Christian holding the belt?" Lastly, if they wanted it to be taken easy on Booker T, why not make it an elimination match? if there were more people, Booker T's performance wouldn't be as relevant.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-11 17:00:59

Is anyone with me here? I think RVD ownz, and the wwe uses him. I mean is he even gonna be in that elimination chamber match? It wont matter cuz if Kane is in it, he'll probaly win.

Who is everyones fav. Rassler?

What? You want to know MINE? It's Shawn Michales.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-11 18:50:54

I never said I agreed with WWE's decision about the christian/booker thing, just stating what happened and reasons they gave.

My fav rassler? Well Mick Foly will forever be my hero, but right now....Eddie! Yeah I enjoy his matches. i like RVD, his offense is crazy. He's not in the elimination chamber match. He is in a singles match against Kane. The wrestlers in the EC Match are: HHH, HBK, Nash, Orton, Jericho, and goldberg.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2003-08-11 20:30:14

At 8/11/03 06:50 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: I never said I agreed with WWE's decision about the christian/booker thing, just stating what happened and reasons they gave.

and i didn't accuse you of agreeing with it. i was just stating that i thought it was a horrible idea