00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sillyspinda just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,638,325 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 12:02:29

At 3/7/09 11:09 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
At 3/7/09 10:59 AM, Ismael92 wrote: Also today I tried to get the "nose driver" achievement in portal defenders (the one when you must watch every ending). I let the enemies kill me in each wave though I didn't get the medal.
Apparently you have to lose to the mods AND Jeff/Stamper in order to get it. For some reason the game seems to consider them separate waves.

Thanks a lot! And they're not separate waves, but the ending you get is different (and is pretty funny too haha). So, thats 50 extra points for me, and I've now completed all the "medium" achievements. Now not using guts or bombs will be difficult but using Bob it won't be that hard, because he has a lot of vitality and strength. And beating the game with all characters is just a matter of patience :)

Thanks again, cheers!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 12:07:13

Gah.

I cannot beat stage 15 of Alkie Kong 2. I've got all the other no-damage medals for the boss battles, but those fucking Molty things keep whacking me and my crates before I can get anywhere near the robot. Is it even possible to beat the game without dying ONCE, even on easy mode? I think Alkie Kong is a hell of a lot harder than Portal Defenders...

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 13:12:16

At 3/7/09 12:07 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: I cannot beat stage 15 of Alkie Kong 2. I've got all the other no-damage medals for the boss battles, but those fucking Molty things keep whacking me and my crates before I can get anywhere near the robot. Is it even possible to beat the game without dying ONCE, even on easy mode? I think Alkie Kong is a hell of a lot harder than Portal Defenders...

Well, Wylo's done it on Brutal... so yeah, you can do it. (I would go insane though, the game's neat but gets annoying very fast).

Stage 15 - No Damage took me a while too. It's 75% patience and 25% luck, really. At least the way I did it, which was just to use one side: lift box, toss box onto platform, grab box, wait for hand smash, jump on hand, throw, repeat - 6 times. Sometimes the molties fall onto the upper platform, which messes with ya.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 13:21:19

At 3/7/09 01:12 PM, Zerok wrote:
Stage 15 - No Damage took me a while too. It's 75% patience and 25% luck, really.

Well, I'm doomed
I lack patience and I think it's more like 80% luck and 20% patience

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 13:50:54

A tip I can offer you is that your jump attacks can avoid the saws and PyschoGoldfish's ground slam. You can also use the enemy's saw attacks to your advantage by lining up the actionscripters, getting in range of their saw attack, and hastily move about in a roundabout fashion. This should allow the saws to strike your foes whilst you evade. Good luck.

Thanks you.:)

JOIN ME LINK AND ILL MAKE THE GREATEST FACE IN KORIDAI! OR ELSE YOU WILL DAI!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 14:03:14

If you check Pycho Goldfish's page, the Thing-Thing Arena 3 Medal is gone.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

YouTube Xtranormal

Monkeys DeviantArt

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 14:04:47

It's the strangest thing about Portal Defenders, is that everybody has either only beaten PsycoGoldfish, or beaten the game with all six characters. I've only beaten the game once last night with Tom, which was my twelfth or so try. How do you beat the game with all six, and in two days? There are a few gaming gods on Newgrounds. And Alkie Kong 2 is equally hard as shit.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 14:10:56

DOES EVERY GAME WITH MEDALS HAVE TO BE UNBEATABLE???

Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 15:36:01

At 3/7/09 01:12 PM, Zerok wrote: Well, Wylo's done it on Brutal... so yeah, you can do it. (I would go insane though, the game's neat but gets annoying very fast).

Spent an entire day getting those medals - hate those annoying regenerating bats. I would've gone crazy if I wasn't watching TV at the same time, although I did swear at the game quite a few times.

Stage 15 - No Damage took me a while too. It's 75% patience and 25% luck, really. At least the way I did it, which was just to use one side: lift box, toss box onto platform, grab box, wait for hand smash, jump on hand, throw, repeat - 6 times. Sometimes the molties fall onto the upper platform, which messes with ya.

I believe that the higher the difficulty, the faster the molties move. If you do Stage 15 on normal, its easier to jump over the molties as they will move faster under you. Also, always jump onto the hand from the outside. Its very hard to jump over the thumb. Never jump across the top platforms with a box as the hand will most likely destroy it. Instead, throw the box from the inside to the outside platform where you can pick it up.

At 3/7/09 02:10 PM, xports wrote: DOES EVERY GAME WITH MEDALS HAVE TO BE UNBEATABLE???

Dude, there's only two games out.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 16:39:34

I am rather impartial to the medals system, it looks rather tacky, and if I knew I was going to get them playing the game, I would not have played it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 16:42:46

At 3/7/09 02:10 PM, xports wrote: DOES EVERY GAME WITH MEDALS HAVE TO BE UNBEATABLE???

You have a better shot at dodging rain in a thunderstorm or catching a flea with a boxing glove than getting all the medals.

But i sure do love the challenge and believe it or not there are tougher games out there...

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 17:00:29

At 3/7/09 04:42 PM, Molotov wrote:
But i sure do love the challenge and believe it or not there are tougher games out there...

IWBTG!!!
i beat it on Hard difficulty with 816 deaths!!!
That was also my first run...

<3Columbian Roastmasters <3

Each time someone uses hitTest, God kills a kitten. Please, learn real collision testing. - henke37

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 17:15:57

At 3/7/09 03:36 PM, Wylo wrote:
Dude, there's only two games out.

I know, and I suck ass at both of them.

Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 20:11:04

i think they were easy. just dont get hit.

Fineas

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 21:39:15

Is there a certain strategy towards getting 5 brains in one game? I'm using bob, and I still can't seem to get enough.

Also, I'm trying to kill 20 zombies, but by the time I've killed about 12, Wade's health is depleted all the way. Help?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 22:06:56

At 3/6/09 11:48 PM, BlueHippo wrote: What classic NG games would you guys like to see with awards?

What was that old pico russian roulette game? lol.
Or Achievement Unlocked.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 22:06:52

At 3/7/09 09:39 PM, Aryk wrote: Is there a certain strategy towards getting 5 brains in one game?

Not really. Just wail away at your opponents and pray that their brains pop out when you kill them.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 22:11:46

At 3/7/09 08:41 PM, JarrodK wrote:
At 3/7/09 10:59 AM, Ismael92 wrote:
At 3/7/09 10:55 AM, mwmike wrote:
At 3/7/09 07:39 AM, JarrodK wrote:
Which Brings up another question; Should Newgrounds Medals be equal in terms of difficulty, similar to that of Xbox achievments?

I don't know how Xbox achievements are, but I suppose the difficulty is supposed to be similar. Otherwise you could play a game and get 100 medal points by doing an extremely easy thing, and then get 10 points for doing something difficult in some other game. There must be a balance so the medal points make sense.

At 3/7/09 09:39 PM, Aryk wrote: Is there a certain strategy towards getting 5 brains in one game? I'm using bob, and I still can't seem to get enough.

I think there's no certain way to do that, just keep playing till you manage to eat them all. Be patient, try to beat the game with all characters and in one of those I suppose you'll get it, or just keep playing until you get them all.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 22:30:42

Wow! Great thread. But there's only 2 games that offer medals. Kinda dissapointed tho.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-07 23:21:32

At 3/7/09 10:30 PM, sionglim wrote: Wow! Great thread. But there's only 2 games that offer medals. Kinda dissapointed tho.

That's because the medal system is new. In the future, this feature will be available to all developers! So there will be lots of games with medals.

Right now, it seems that this is the next game which will get medals:

We just have to wait. And while you do so, why not play any of the current games which have this feature?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 03:13:37

For everyone who has the Adblock problem, add the following Exception Rule and it should work for both pop-up and nonpop-up:
@@|http://www.ngads.com/

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 03:20:15

Is there anywhere besides this topic where there is a list of games with medals? Will there be one when there are more games with them? Will the medal points do anything?

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 03:58:04

At 3/8/09 03:20 AM, Bobogoobo wrote: Is there anywhere besides this topic where there is a list of games with medals? Will there be one when there are more games with them? Will the medal points do anything?

I've decided to keep a list of games with medals on my profile.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 06:39:24

At 3/8/09 03:58 AM, Wylo wrote:
At 3/8/09 03:20 AM, Bobogoobo wrote: Is there anywhere besides this topic where there is a list of games with medals? Will there be one when there are more games with them? Will the medal points do anything?
I've decided to keep a list of games with medals on my profile.

Also, check Zerok's second post in this thread. He mentioned a collection with all medal-enabled games in the works for the near future.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 07:11:44

Anyone got any tips for completing Level 12 of Alkie without losing any health? The barrel rolls seem very random and I find it hard to work out the best time to jump from one of the ladders to get to the switch. And usually once I've hit the switch and got the box, and then hit Kong with it, I end up falling right to the bottom floor where usually a moltie or a barrel gets me straight away. =(

Help please!

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 11:13:03

is it possible to escape from wadolf's shoopdawoop style laser thing if it hits you? it caught me once on the first playthrough as i wasn't expecting it, then got spammed with it whenever i got back up

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 11:49:20

At 3/8/09 07:11 AM, Gagsy wrote: Help please!

Uh, that one was basically all timing and patience for me. The barrel rolls are actually fairly consistent, I found. They come quickly though. When I beat it, I had accidentally elevated the leftmost moltie to the higher platform with the lift. At first I thought I had screwed myself but it turned out that it was much easier to do the necessary bottom-level traversing with that bugger out of the way.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 11:59:19

At 3/8/09 11:13 AM, jonthomson wrote: is it possible to escape from wadolf's shoopdawoop style laser thing if it hits you? it caught me once on the first playthrough as i wasn't expecting it, then got spammed with it whenever i got back up

You can try to wiggle out of it in the split second between standing up and getting hit again (just hold down the button and you'll make a tiny bit of progress), but if you're stuck in the middle of the attack's range, you're pretty much at his mercy. And Wadolf has no fucking mercy. :'(

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 12:29:41

At 3/8/09 11:59 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
At 3/8/09 11:13 AM, jonthomson wrote: is it possible to escape from wadolf's shoopdawoop style laser thing if it hits you? it caught me once on the first playthrough as i wasn't expecting it, then got spammed with it whenever i got back up
You can try to wiggle out of it in the split second between standing up and getting hit again (just hold down the button and you'll make a tiny bit of progress), but if you're stuck in the middle of the attack's range, you're pretty much at his mercy. And Wadolf has no fucking mercy. :'(

Yes this is one alternative. But also, in the split second after standing up, you have enough time to throw a bomb. So if Wadolf is close enough you'll be able to hit him, that way the laser will stop and you'll have enough time to run away :)

Cheers!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 12:36:47

At 3/7/09 09:39 PM, Aryk wrote: Also, I'm trying to kill 20 zombies, but by the time I've killed about 12, Wade's health is depleted all the way. Help?

Don't hit Wadolf? Well to be exact, hitting him only once will cause him to teleport. So whenever he gets too close, just hit him once, and you can go back to fighting horde.

At 3/8/09 07:11 AM, Gagsy wrote: Anyone got any tips for completing Level 12 of Alkie without losing any health? The barrel rolls seem very random and I find it hard to work out the best time to jump from one of the ladders to get to the switch.

Yes, he throws barrels randomly, you just have to see them coming. The best time to jump from top of ladder to platform is when Alkie is not facing in your direction and the moltie is near the switch. There is always a delay between Alkie turning and him throwing a barrel.

And usually once I've hit the switch and got the box, and then hit Kong with it, I end up falling right to the bottom floor where usually a moltie or a barrel gets me straight away. =(

You should just jump back to the ladder after hitting Alkie. Then jump to middle platform, then take other ladder up. This way, you never have to go on the bottom floor.

You can try spamming down the bomb button to throw a bomb in Wadolf's direction. If it hits, it'll break his beams stream. This will only work if you are in the proper bomb range, of course.