00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

shmh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,067,767 Views | 77,366 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 13:42:57

At 4/16/04 01:40 PM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote: awsome. i look forward to the unveiling

Yeah :) It's nothing special, but it fits. Can't wait for it to be finished :)

By the way, did you check out the forum yet? It's not finished for our needs yet, but it will be soon :) It's in my siggy

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 13:48:42

At 4/16/04 01:42 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote:
At 4/16/04 01:40 PM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote: awsome. i look forward to the unveiling
Yeah :) It's nothing special, but it fits. Can't wait for it to be finished :)

By the way, did you check out the forum yet? It's not finished for our needs yet, but it will be soon :) It's in my siggy

doesn't look to bad. there's still a bunch of korn stuff though. i understand that it takes time to change all of it though, so i'll let it slide. i didn't sign up quit yet cause i got a bunch of crap to do today and don't want to dive into another forum right now, but maybe later when i finish some crap.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 13:53:18

At 4/16/04 01:48 PM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote: doesn't look to bad. there's still a bunch of korn stuff though. i understand that it takes time to change all of it though, so i'll let it slide. i didn't sign up quit yet cause i got a bunch of crap to do today and don't want to dive into another forum right now, but maybe later when i finish some crap.

I know the intro is still there, but this will all be changed :)

and also the layout of the forum itself..as I said.

Yeah, there's no need to hurry, just sign up when you've got time :)

God, I love Soilwork, I listen to it all the time.....In Flames is still a tiny lil bit better :)

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:01:50

Hmm....a new one! Cool, I will post here instead of the KoRn Crew then. Anyways, I don't know what bands I listen to are Metal or not. I just listen to them.....

Bands like:

Disturbed
Korn
MudVayne
System of a Down
ThreeDaysGrace (Not Metal)

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:13:15

Hehe, nobody likes my bands. Well then, get me into some good bands. That is what I am here for, so I can go and download some of their music. Here are some more bands that I like:

Blink 182
SR71
Godsmack
GreenDay
Abortion88
Fear
Powerman 5000
Nickelback
SmileEmptySoul

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:15:14

At 4/15/04 09:49 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote: What do you all think of Dave Grohl's(Ex-Nirvana Drummer) PROBOT?

i didn't really like them i don't really think that they are my type of music.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:16:54

At 4/16/04 02:13 PM, -AX- wrote: Godsmack

I'm gonna let that count :D

Welcome to the club, now try out some Nightwish, Soilwork and In Flames :)

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:25:27

At 4/16/04 02:13 PM, -AX- wrote: Hehe, nobody likes my bands. Well then, get me into some good bands. That is what I am here for, so I can go and download some of their music. Here are some more bands that I like:
Nickelback

how dare you...

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:31:26

At 4/16/04 02:25 PM, thegreatmorph wrote:
Nickelback
how dare you...

We shouldn't criticize others because they like things that the rest of us don't really like :)

and how many of us do you think love Blink182? ;)

"Listens to: Sepultura: Nomad"

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:34:14

At 4/16/04 02:31 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote: We shouldn't criticize others because they like things that the rest of us don't really like :)

i wasn't trying to critisize i was just expressing my opinion. Sorry if i offended you -AX-

and how many of us do you think love Blink182? ;)

i love blink! they were the band that got me into heavier stuff.

"Listens to: Sepultura: Nomad"

sepultura also rock. But i haven't heard that song.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:35:17

At 4/16/04 02:30 PM, SoulShadower wrote: Have you guys heard of Graveworm??? If not, you have NO idea what you're missing out on. They're from Itlay and they are FUCKING amazing. Their stuff can be hard to find, the place with most of their mp3s is mIRC's Undernet Black Metal channel. Good luck, and if you don't look for them, I cut off your johnson.

http://www.graveworm.de/

Oh my fucking god! You know Graveworm! I thought they would only be popular here in Austria and in Germany :) Have to check them out.

Is it possible that you know "Mely" ? They are band friends....

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:39:52

At 4/16/04 02:13 PM, -AX- wrote: Hehe, nobody likes my bands. Well then, get me into some good bands. That is what I am here for, so I can go and download some of their music. Here are some more bands that I like:

Blink 182
SR71
GreenDay
Nickelback

the fact that you mentioned these bands when trying to join a metal crew frightens me

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:41:04

At 4/16/04 02:39 PM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote: the fact that you mentioned these bands when trying to join a metal crew frightens me

I know this stuff isn't good...but give him a chance, at least he said something like Godsmack :) And we can show him the great world of metal...like in some way you did to me :)

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:46:21

I'd so love to join this club man. Here's a list of all bands/songs I like (Including local heavy metal unlabled bands in my area.)
1: Son of the Morning Akercocke
2: Scars of the Crucifix (Deicide)
3: Stricken Arise (Morbid Angel)
4: For Whom the Bell Tolls (Metallica)
5: Love Metal (HIM's album, love it all =P)
6: Greatest love songs Vol. 666 (Another great HIM album, and its debut!)
7: The Accused (Local band, a Metallica tribute band that also has some heavy stuff)
8: Son of a Fiend (another great local band, hopefully soon to be labled. Hit here for their site.)
9: My Dying Bride (A decent Goth metal band.)
10: The Death Song (Discipline (Sp?) )

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:46:57

At 4/16/04 02:39 PM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote:

Blink 182
SR71
GreenDay
Nickelback
the fact that you mentioned these bands when trying to join a metal crew frightens me

Hmm...let me just say...I listen to and like every single type of music that is out there. Except for Classical, that stuff just annoys the hell out of me. I hate Classical...but I listen to everything else. Rap, Punk, Emo, Country, Pop, Metal....doesn't matter to me.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:48:32

At 4/16/04 02:46 PM, Inquisitor-Faust wrote: I'd so love to join this club man. Here's a list of all bands/songs I like (Including local heavy metal unlabled bands in my area.)
2: Scars of the Crucifix (Deicide)
3: Stricken Arise (Morbid Angel)
4: For Whom the Bell Tolls (Metallica)
5: Love Metal (HIM's album, love it all =P)
6: Greatest love songs Vol. 666 (Another great HIM album, and its debut!)
7: The Accused (Local band, a Metallica tribute band that also has some heavy stuff)
8: Son of a Fiend (another great local band, hopefully soon to be labled. Hit here for their site.)
9: My Dying Bride (A decent Goth metal band.)
10: The Death Song (Discipline (Sp?) )

YAY! Great, I was even thinking of writing you an e-mail because you are must for this club since the conversation yestersay :)

You, my good man, have good taste. Welcome in the club! :)

"Listens to: Soilwork - No More Angels"

"

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:49:43

At 4/16/04 02:46 PM, Inquisitor-Faust wrote: I'd so love to join this club man. Here's a list of all bands/songs I like (Including local heavy metal unlabled bands in my area.)

you know son of the morning?! They are a great band i know of them they live in my area too. My favourite song of theres is 'the way laura wont' that is a great song. Have you heard of will-fall aswell?

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:51:28

Yay! I was wondering if you going to send me an e-mail anyways, but now that I'm here, I'm happy. In other news, who here lives in England, and lives in the vacinity of Kent? If anyone is avaliable on the 7th of March, there will be another Son of a Fiend/The Accused gig. This time, the Accused are using both Pantera/Metallica covers AND some of their own decent stuff. Ollie (Bassist) and James (Lead Guitarist) are both telling me it'll be one hell of a hardcore night. I should damn well believe them, I know these two from my school. =P

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:53:42

At 4/16/04 02:49 PM, thegreatmorph wrote:
you know son of the morning?!

A misunderstanding there is... Son Of The Morning is an Akercocke song, which was what I was reffering to. Sorry, no, I don't know the band Son of the Morning, but I will try and find out more about them.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:57:40

At 4/16/04 02:53 PM, Inquisitor-Faust wrote:
At 4/16/04 02:49 PM, thegreatmorph wrote:
you know son of the morning?!
A misunderstanding there is... Son Of The Morning is an Akercocke song, which was what I was reffering to. Sorry, no, I don't know the band Son of the Morning, but I will try and find out more about them.

oh well. I just chatted on about nothing to everyone...i feel so ashamed...
*cries in corner with little teddy at his side*

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 14:59:15

At 4/16/04 02:46 PM, Inquisitor-Faust wrote: good bands, plus some local flavor

welcome to the fold my friend
since you mentioned local bands, check out
these guys. they are my friends band. a local band in the los angeles area. they play at the whiskey all the time and they almost got a deal with atlantic records, but it fell through cause at the time, they weren't all 18.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 15:05:49

At 4/16/04 02:46 PM, -AX- wrote: Hmm...let me just say...I listen to and like every single type of music that is out there. Except for Classical, that stuff just annoys the hell out of me. I hate Classical...but I listen to everything else. Rap, Punk, Emo, Country, Pop, Metal....doesn't matter to me.

i also listen to every type of music. i was just pointing out that you listed that when trying to get in a metal crew. check out some of the bands listed on the first page, or anything soulshadower has mentioned.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 15:06:01

At 4/16/04 02:59 PM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote:
since you mentioned local bands, check out
these guys. they are my friends band. a local band in the los angeles area. they play at the whiskey all the time and they almost got a deal with atlantic records, but it fell through cause at the time, they weren't all 18.

Will do, but sadly I'll probebly never see them live. I'm on the other side of the 'Big Pond'. But still, I'll try to check out some of their stuff and maybe I might actually fly over one day in the hopefully not too far future.

At 4/16/04 02:57 PM, thegreatmorph wrote:
oh well. I just chatted on about nothing to everyone...i feel so ashamed...

Don't feel ashamed, because I live only 2 hours away from Manchester, so I might be able to get up there and see your local band. It can't be all that hard to do, just a couple of train rides or so.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 15:07:38

At 4/16/04 03:06 PM, Inquisitor-Faust wrote: Will do, but sadly I'll probebly never see them live. I'm on the other side of the 'Big Pond'. But still, I'll try to check out some of their stuff and maybe I might actually fly over one day in the hopefully not too far future.

you may not see them soon over in your area, but they are doin really well here and are talking with some labels again, so who knows.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 15:08:54

At 4/16/04 02:50 PM, SoulShadower wrote:

Yes, you definately have to check them out. I spent a whole weekend trying to get their songs, and ended up with 21 songs! They're so good.

Is it possible that you know "Mely" ? They are band friends....

I'll look around...they even have a few shows in my little town once in a while :)

Don't know em, sorry.

No big deal, it's kind of Gothic Rock/Metal, good stuff.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 15:10:53

well if you want to listen to the band son of the mourning then you can listen to them here.
i think that they are really good personally.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 15:12:33

By the way, has anyone heard Sepultura with the new singer(since 1997) ? I only know songs between 1989 and 1996. As you probably know, Max Cavalaera left in 1996.

Someone knows the albums after he left? Like "Nation" or "Roorback" ?

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 15:18:01

At 4/16/04 03:10 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: well if you want to listen to the band son of the mourning then you can listen to them here.

The term "good" isn't enough to describe this raw sound I'm hearing on "Forest Bank." I'd say I've just got a new Local band me likes and needs to go see.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 15:20:25

At 4/16/04 03:18 PM, Inquisitor-Faust wrote:
At 4/16/04 03:10 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: well if you want to listen to the band son of the mourning then you can listen to them here.
The term "good" isn't enough to describe this raw sound I'm hearing on "Forest Bank." I'd say I've just got a new Local band me likes and needs to go see.

well what term would would you use inquisitor-faust? I think i would use the term...good.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 15:23:50

There is no term Morph. That's how unique and raw this music is, it cannot and should not be defined by words alone. The music itself is good enough a lable to place on it.

BBS Signature