00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

tox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,067,277 Views | 77,366 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 17:27:22

At 4/16/04 05:24 PM, thegreatmorph wrote:
At 4/16/04 05:22 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote: Question for you guys.

What do you think of Dimmu Borgir?
never heard them. but from the sound of it it might be a waste of time.

i like dimmu borgir. most of my like of them though comes from the fact that they play with a sting (violins, chellos, shit like that) symphany. that's just something so different that you don't see. it gives there music a really individual sound that is nice and different.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 17:30:12

At 4/16/04 05:26 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote:
At 4/16/04 05:24 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: never heard them. but from the sound of it it might be a waste of time.
It's Norwegian Black Metal.

that reminds me i like the haunted too :-)

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 17:34:36

At 4/16/04 05:25 PM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote:

:.have any of you kids heard at the gates? nothing so amazingly great that you should go out and buy all their stuff, but its a nice common band in the genre. the song suicide nation off of slaughter of the soul has some decent guitar. once again, they are nothing spectacular, this is just a decent band when you are looking for something that plays fast and loud.

Yeah ive heard at the gates, i havent got any albums but ive heard a few tracks, and heard elsewhere that they are meant to be good. Actually I thought theyre Slaughter of the soul album was meant to be some sort of melodic death metal masterpiece from the reviews ive seen online. I thought they were quite good, but as you said, nothing really to write home about.
As for Dimmu Borgir, theyre ok, not really my cup of tea tbh, as ive never been a big fan of black metal anyways, but theyre alright.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 17:38:17

At 4/16/04 05:27 PM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote: i like dimmu borgir. most of my like of them though comes from the fact that they play with a sting (violins, chellos, shit like that) symphany. that's just something so different that you don't see. it gives there music a really individual sound that is nice and different.

Yeah, as I said, good sound :) But the vocals....awful :)

I'm not a real fan of this stuff, I heard Deicide, Dimmu Borgir, Darkthrone...it's not my cup of tea

I'm listening to Chainheart Machine from Soilwork, the one sirevil recommened, it's not really as good as "No More Angels" and similar stuff, but still not too bad :)

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 17:41:35

we've reached 100 posts already! this is getting pretty expansive pretty fast but anyway i'm listening to can i play with madness by iron maiden at the moment. Great song.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 17:44:27

At 4/16/04 05:41 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: we've reached 100 posts already! this is getting pretty expansive pretty fast but anyway i'm listening to can i play with madness by iron maiden at the moment. Great song.

Yeah, it's going along pretty good :) Damn, and when the forum's online...maybe even more NG traffic? :)

I listen to Sepultura's "Attitude" from the "Roots" album. Sounds great

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 17:46:39

At 4/16/04 05:38 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote: I'm listening to Chainheart Machine from Soilwork, the one sirevil recommened, it's not really as good as "No More Angels" and similar stuff, but still not too bad :)

i recommended that you bastard. ha ha ha . just kidding. that's an ok album. one of the newer ones, so not as good. i like the title tack a bunch though.

at 4/16/04 5:41 PM, thegreatmorph wrote:
we've reached 100 posts already! this is getting pretty expansive pretty fast but anyway i'm listening to can i play with madness by iron maiden at the moment. Great song.

this club is growin pretty well, of course most of the posts are fomr me and headbanger. i don't mean that like "haha losers we have more posts than you, i just mean it like, "there many posts, but not too many members yet". we're growing though. start representing. put it in the sig.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 17:50:23

At 4/16/04 05:46 PM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote: this club is growin pretty well, of course most of the posts are fomr me and headbanger. i don't mean that like "haha losers we have more posts than you, i just mean it like, "there many posts, but not too many members yet". we're growing though. start representing. put it in the sig.

sorry i forgot to put it in my sig :-S

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 17:51:51

At 4/16/04 05:50 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: sorry i forgot to put it in my sig :-S

you don't have to if you don't want to. it was just a sugestion.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 17:53:46

At 4/16/04 05:51 PM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote: you don't have to if you don't want to. it was just a sugestion.

A fucking great suggestion ;)

By the way, anyone of you in a band ?

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 17:57:07

At 4/16/04 05:53 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote:
At 4/16/04 05:51 PM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote: you don't have to if you don't want to. it was just a sugestion.

i'm not. My brother is and it's a good band. here they are if you want to listen.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 18:01:29

Finally my hastely constructed sig is ready! all of 5 mins work by a friend, anyways, im not in a band but most of my best friends are, which is a bit weird, theyre really amatuer at the mo so you wont be hearing them anytime soon.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 18:02:45

At 4/16/04 05:57 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: i'm not. My brother is and it's a good band. here they are if you want to listen.

I'm listening to the first song of the page right now...and that really sounds like talent :) Good stuff

and I just listened to Acoustic Medley from In Flames before....sweet and calm :)

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 18:04:20

At 4/16/04 05:53 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote:

i am, but we aren't metal. we're indie rock. if anyone cares, i have 2 of our songs in the audio section. the one called ecto cooler is the better one. its from a live show that we played this past week. the other one is just an unmastered recording. let me know what you think though if you do listen to it. either let me know here, or write a review.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 18:10:56

At 4/16/04 06:02 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote:
At 4/16/04 05:57 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: i'm not. My brother is and it's a good band. here they are if you want to listen.
I'm listening to the first song of the page right now...and that really sounds like talent :) Good stuff

my brother is the lead singer and he'd be happy to know that someone called his band good.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 18:13:38

At 4/16/04 06:10 PM, thegreatmorph wrote:
my brother is the lead singer and he'd be happy to know that someone called his band good.

I wasn't the first who called them good :)

Guys, sound comes out of your speakers right now?

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 18:22:02

At 4/16/04 06:13 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote:
At 4/16/04 06:10 PM, thegreatmorph wrote:
I wasn't the first who called them good :)

Guys, sound comes out of your speakers right now?

i know that i'm listening to them. I love my brothers band.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 18:28:31

At 4/16/04 06:22 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: i know that i'm listening to them. I love my brothers band.

Yeah, they're good.

Just promoted our club to the old members on forum, hopefully we'll get a few new ones :)

Nightwish - Crownless, great song

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 18:33:07

I am joining this shit and, like I said in the Slipknot club, there isn't mother-fucking SHIT you can do about it.

My preference with metal is pretty much ANYTHING. I don't classify music very far like most people do. I don't call anything nu metal or death metal or shit like that. It's all just heavy metal to me.

My favorite band is Slipknot but I also love alot of other bands. A short taste of the bands I listen to would be:

Slipknot
Mudvayne
Metallica
Static-X
Killswitch Engage
Pantera
Slayer
Lamb of God
Chimaira
Atreyu
Dope
Children of Bodom
Motograter
Kittie
Stone Sour
Hatebreed
Shadows Fall
Cradle of Filth
Coal Chamber
Dimmu Borgir
Black Label Society
The Axis (My friends band. Yes it is named after the axis of ww2)

Anyway that's a small taste of what I listen to. I haven't necessarily listened to many songs by each of those bands but I like what I have head from them.

Metal is my life. I even have my school ring now...it has a black stone the ring is silver on one side there is a picture of a guitar, amp, mic and drums and it says music over the picture. The other side has a staff and some notes and the treble clef. On one side the ring has "HEAVY" (where most people would put their first name) And the other side says "METAL" (where most people would put their last name) MWAHAHA!

Also as you can see by my sig I will be seeing Slipknot, fear factory, and chimaira LIVE next thursday HAHAHAHA!

Anyway since you all will hate me after reading this I will leave you be...for now

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 18:37:53

At 4/16/04 06:33 PM, Torture_Lock wrote: Anyway since you all will hate me after reading this I will leave you be...for now

Nah, why? Welcome to the club! You had some pretty good stuff in your list.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 18:38:17

How many members do we have at the moment anyways, Looking back we dont really have that many, like cats a plenty said, just the same posters really.

And there are a few real nice bands nesteled there torture_lock,
I like your hardcore band choices, shadows fall, KsE and chimaira.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 18:41:25

At 4/16/04 06:33 PM, Torture_Lock wrote: Metallica

Killswitch Engage

Pantera
Slayer
Stone Sour
Hatebreed
Shadows Fall

nice bands there man. Those are the ones that i like.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 18:42:05

At 4/16/04 06:38 PM, Falkowski wrote: How many members do we have at the moment anyways, Looking back we dont really have that many, like cats a plenty said, just the same posters really.

We have about 10 I think, that's pretty good for the first 2 days.

And there are a few real nice bands nesteled there torture_lock,
I like your hardcore band choices, shadows fall, KsE and chimaira.

Yeah, as I said, no need for shame :)

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 18:52:11

wow 5 pages this is coming a bit too fast but what the fuck? i'll go along with it :-D

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 18:55:46

Normally I get people screaming at me like "AAAH YOU LIKE SLIPKNOT AND MUDVAYNE?! NU METAL SUCKS BLAH BLAH BLAH" SHUT THE FUCK UP! (that wasn't to you that was what I say to those people) I listen to what I want to listen not to what everyone else wants me to listen to. If I wanted to listen to what everyone else was listening to I'd change my name to dizzle shizzle fizzle G-I-double Q or something and listen to rap. I don't care if it's nu metal, death metal or what I listen to it for what it sounds like. I mostly stick with the heavier stuff which is why mudvayne slipknot and killswitch are probably my favorite right now. (By Slipknot I mean their self titled album and iowa NOT their new one (you may have heard one or all three of the available songs from their new album) and by mudvayne I mean L.D.50)

Just thought I'd say that. I seem to get alot of people screaming at me about how nu metal sucks. I don't even know what the hell nu metal is just that most people call slipknot and mudvayne nu metal. I heard somewhere Slipknot wanted to be classified with Slayer because that's what they were like or something like that...

Has anyone here listened to the new songs by slipknot? I like them but they sound like a little heavier version of Stone Sour now...I hear they no longer have their custom drums (the pictures show the custom drummers with marching band snairs) and no pyro...If you want to hear one of their songs, roadrunnerrecords.com has pulse of the maggots to listen to. I downloaded pulse of the maggots, duality, and don't get close with kazaa so...yeah...I believe it is pulse of the maggots that actually has a little solo...unusual for Slipknot...

As for hating me...everyone hates me. I don't know why. I always thought I was a nice person. I never get in trouble I do what I'm told I rarely do anything wrong. But people hate me. Everyone hates me. oh well so long as they stay out of my way. I figure in a short time you'll all hate me too.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 18:56:26

At 4/16/04 06:52 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: wow 5 pages this is coming a bit too fast but what the fuck? i'll go along with it :-D

Too fast? It can never be too fast :)

I'm trying to get a few members for this from somewhere else, we should all promote as much as we can :D

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 18:58:12

At 4/16/04 06:56 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote:
At 4/16/04 06:52 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: wow 5 pages this is coming a bit too fast but what the fuck? i'll go along with it :-D
Too fast? It can never be too fast :)

I'm trying to get a few members for this from somewhere else, we should all promote as much as we can :D

i'll go in all my clubs and advertise :D

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 19:03:03

At 4/16/04 06:55 PM, Torture_Lock wrote: stuff

Slipknot and solos? Yeah, that's indeed a strange combination.

Nobody hates you here, "OMG LOOK THE GUY LISTENS TO NU METAL OMG"

I don't care, you like Metal, it's okay, you even like some really heavy stuff, GOOD!

So, nobody should spread the hatred.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 19:12:35

Thats what I like about the feeling of this club, sure everyone has their opinions here, but we all seem, like I want it to be, tolerant of those whose musical tastes disagree with us, I dont listen to much Nu-metal anymore, however that was the heavy music I first liked and I still like it and I believe no one has a right to have a go at you just for a different taste.
I think we really need to keep this tolerant attitude so that we can hear the true thoughts and opinions of members, which will be pretty rare as newgrounds goes.
Hope you guys agree with trying to keep it this way.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 19:20:37

At 4/16/04 07:12 PM, Falkowski wrote: Thats what I like about the feeling of this club, sure everyone has their opinions here, but we all seem, like I want it to be, tolerant of those whose musical tastes disagree with us, I dont listen to much Nu-metal anymore, however that was the heavy music I first liked and I still like it and I believe no one has a right to have a go at you just for a different taste.
I think we really need to keep this tolerant attitude so that we can hear the true thoughts and opinions of members, which will be pretty rare as newgrounds goes.
Hope you guys agree with trying to keep it this way.

Yeah, great speech :)

Tolerance is important in this club, but everyone can try to show other members new stuff they might like. Like I got convinced to way better stuff then KoRn :)

I know really good bands just for a few days now and I can't stop listening to them!

Soilwork - No More Angels! ROCKS