00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

edly12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,067,638 Views | 77,366 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 19:32:18

At 4/16/04 06:55 PM, Torture_Lock wrote: stuff about nu-metal

i'm not a big fan of nu-metal, but there were some really good bands that you put down on your first post. so i guess i'll let it slide. i wouldn't give you shit about it anyway. i used to listen to that stuff before i found the heavier stuff. i'd like to think that this club is more of a enrichment situation. all those people that like nu-metal or have just started to listen to metal can come in here and see what other bands there are out there, and just learn from it. i'm not saying that you will come in here and hate nu-metal forever, its just that this club gives you the oportunity to learn of some bands that you would otherwise have never heard of.
-headbanger- is the best example of this. yesterday, he was all about korn, then i pointed him in the direction of other good bands, and now his one of his favorite bands is in flames, and crappy korn has fallen way down on the list.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 19:39:29

At 4/16/04 07:32 PM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote: -headbanger- is the best example of this. yesterday, he was all about korn, then i pointed him in the direction of other good bands, and now his one of his favorite bands is in flames, and crappy korn has fallen way down on the list.

Yeah, true. I mean, okay, KoRn. They have a pretty good singer, but the music is....a little bit...I don't know how to say it, boring. If I listen to hundred KoRn songs all the time, there ain' t that much of a musical difference in every song and I started to miss solos. I also think that listening to KoRn ALL THE TIME made it especially more boring...

In Flames as an example, they have amazing guitar sounds, some acustic and melodical songs, some heavy riff sound, everything, guitar solos, great vocals...there' s nothing missing.

Same with Soilwork, Nightwish, and more, and more..

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 19:59:19

hey has anyone heard slipknots new song duality on the radio yet i think its pretty good

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 20:03:56

At 4/16/04 07:57 PM, SoulShadower wrote: Yeah, In Flames is pretty good. I think the best black metal band would be the founders of black metal themselves, Emperor. I mean they are fucking amazing and they are considered the first black metal band. Check them out if you don't know them. MY favorite songs by them are"The Tounge of Fire" , "With Strength I burn", and "Inno A Satana".

have you hear the emperor side projects? zyklon and zyclon B. its good stuff. if you like emperor, you should check it out.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 20:06:45

sounds good i'm in my favourite bands are
1pantera
2slayer
3napalm death
4megadeth
5sepultura
6down

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 20:07:09

At 4/16/04 08:03 PM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote: have you hear the emperor side projects? zyklon and zyclon B. its good stuff. if you like emperor, you should check it out.

damnit i spelled it wrong. the other band is zyklon B.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 20:08:56

At 4/16/04 08:06 PM, mossy1 wrote: sounds good i'm in my favourite bands are
3 napalm death

high fives for that one. i can't believe i forgot to mention them earlier. everyone needs to check them out right now.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 20:10:51

At 4/16/04 08:06 PM, mossy1 wrote: sounds good i'm in my favourite bands are
1pantera
2slayer
3napalm death
4megadeth
5sepultura
6down

Good choice! Welcome in the club!

Yeah, I have to check Emperor out. Damn, guys I'm so friggin happy that I was conviced to the greatest sides of Metal :) Thank you all

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 20:23:45

my favorite bands metalbands
slipknot
soulfly
sepultra
mudvayne
rammstein
killswitch engage
spinshank

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 20:27:31

At 4/16/04 08:23 PM, Deftonesfan64 wrote: my favorite bands metalbands
slipknot
soulfly
sepultra
mudvayne
rammstein
killswitch engage
spinshank

Not a bad choice :) What's your favourite Sepultura song? I'm not sure...I love "Nomad" and "Refuse Resist"

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 20:33:20

i really like ratamahatta it an real old song when max calvera from soulfly was with them

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 20:38:59

At 4/16/04 08:33 PM, Deftonesfan64 wrote: i really like ratamahatta it an real old song when max calvera from soulfly was with them

Yeah, the song is fun:) "Ratta Ratta Ratamahatta Ratta"

Tried out Nevermore, don't really like the band, again...vocals are not to my likings, but sound ain't the best either

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 20:40:11

You guys only listen to like black and death or something? :/
I don't like In flames, they have crap vocals, so do Opeth. What the fuck is it with that trend of souding like someone with a throath ache? Ewewew don't touch me death metal and black metal.

Power Metal is the way of the geek, the only way to go!
bandz of meh and my fav songs by each:

Hammerfall === Hearts on fire, Crimson thunder
Kamelot === Don't you cry, Nights of Arabia
Blind Guardian === Lord of the Rings, Nightfall
Helloween === Future World, Eagle Fly Free, Hocus Pocus
Gamma Ray === Heavy Metal Universe
Symphony X === Fallen
Sonata Arctica === The power of one
Rhapsody === Rage of the Winter, Wizard's Last Rhymes
Stratovarius === Bloodstone, Forever, Blackout
Nightwish === Nighquest, End of all Hope, Sleeping Sun
Angra === Nova Era
Avantasia === Avantasia
Edguy === Vain Glory Opera
Manowar === Kings of Metal
Juda's Priest === Bloodstone, Hell bent for leather
Falconer === Mindtraveler
Grave Digger === Heroes of this time
Heavenly === Sign of the winter
Iron Maiden === 2 minutes to midnight
Journey === Any way you want it
Luca Turilli ===The Ancient Forest of elves

Rammstein === Asche Zu Asche, Leichenhalle
Rob Zombie === Dragula
Metallica === Master of Puppets, Enter Sandman

and I also like Alive Cooper, but I'm not worthy.

Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 20:43:16

Yeah I downloaded all three of the available new slipknot songs that I know of and I think they are alright. I'm really not too happy with Shawn's new mask and I'm not too happy that they got rid of the custom drums and replaced them with what appear to be marching band style snairs. I'm also not too happy that I heard the got rid of all the pyro and just play now...all right before I see them for the first time :(

There are several bands that others have listed so far that I think rule that I never posted. I figured that'd happen because there are sooo many bands I like.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 20:47:50

At 4/16/04 08:40 PM, -poxpower- wrote: You guys only listen to like black and death or something? :/
I don't like In flames, they have crap vocals, so do Opeth. What the fuck is it with that trend of souding like someone with a throath ache? Ewewew don't touch me death metal and black metal.

Your opinion :)

Power Metal is the way of the geek, the only way to go!
bandz of meh and my fav songs by each:

Hammerfall === Hearts on fire, Crimson thunder
Kamelot === Don't you cry, Nights of Arabia
Blind Guardian === Lord of the Rings, Nightfall
Helloween === Future World, Eagle Fly Free, Hocus Pocus
Gamma Ray === Heavy Metal Universe
Symphony X === Fallen
Sonata Arctica === The power of one
Stratovarius === Bloodstone, Forever, Blackout
Nightwish === Nighquest, End of all Hope, Sleeping Sun
Angra === Nova Era
Avantasia === Avantasia
Edguy === Vain Glory Opera
Manowar === Kings of Metal
Juda's Priest === Bloodstone, Hell bent for leather
Falconer === Mindtraveler
Grave Digger === Heroes of this time
Heavenly === Sign of the winter
Iron Maiden === 2 minutes to midnight
Journey === Any way you want it
Luca Turilli ===The Ancient Forest of elves

Rammstein === Asche Zu Asche, Leichenhalle
Rob Zombie === Dragula
Metallica === Master of Puppets, Enter Sandman

and I also like Alive Cooper, but I'm not worthy.

I NEED YOU IN MY DAMN CLUB. You have a lot of good stuff in your list, and you are one of the first who mentioned nightwish here.

Dragula is by far the best Rob Zombie song I know.
Enter Sandman is one of the best Metallica songs.....

Great choices.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 20:53:09

At 4/16/04 08:47 PM, -HeadBanger- wrote:
I NEED YOU IN MY DAMN CLUB. You have a lot of good stuff in your list, and you are one of the first who mentioned nightwish here.

I'm the first to mention power metal here >: (
And Rammstein are incredible. Just awesome guitar mixed with good vocals and keyboard. omg soooo tasty. ASCHE....zu ache.....ASCHE....zu asche....

And I don't really do the club thing. That's why I started my club: because clubs were so ghey before they made a club forum. gheyness.
But I'll be around though, because I need to find new bands. I listened to one instrumental song from Cradle of Filth, and it sounded good, so I'll get me more of that.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 20:56:06

At 4/16/04 08:53 PM, -poxpower- wrote: I'm the first to mention power metal here >: (
And Rammstein are incredible. Just awesome guitar mixed with good vocals and keyboard. omg soooo tasty. ASCHE....zu ache.....ASCHE....zu asche....

Rammstein ain't bad, but I liked it better in the past....I don't know, lost interest.

And I don't really do the club thing. That's why I started my club: because clubs were so ghey before they made a club forum. gheyness.
But I'll be around though, because I need to find new bands. I listened to one instrumental song from Cradle of Filth, and it sounded good, so I'll get me more of that.

Yeah, just hang around for a little bit, and post once in a while ;) You'll get your band info here

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 21:21:32

At 4/16/04 08:55 PM, SoulShadower wrote: Yeah, They're not bad. Not as good as Emperor, though. I think their drummer was jailed for killing someone and the rest of them were jailed for burning churches. Read the book Lord of Chaos, it's all about them.

Sounds like a nice band :)

Well, I'll go to bed now, it's 3:20 am here, see you guys later, have fun and keep it up and running :)

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 23:15:53

God damn, I've been listening to ONLY Metallica all day.

I think that's a bad sign :-p

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 23:25:34

which metallica cd

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 00:32:33

At 4/16/04 08:40 PM, -poxpower- wrote: Blind Guardian === Lord of the Rings, Nightfall

i love these bands. dammit. there is so much stuff i keep forgetting to mention.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 01:52:11

At 4/17/04 01:23 AM, RageOfOrder wrote: *listens to Deadstar Assembly - Send me an Angel*

you have good taste. i haven't heard that song though. by any chance is it a cover from this 80's/early 90's band real life? if you don't know that's cool, but if you want to post some of the lyrics i could tell you if it was.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 02:16:51

At 4/17/04 02:05 AM, RageOfOrder wrote:
At 4/17/04 01:52 AM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote:
At 4/17/04 01:23 AM, RageOfOrder wrote: *listens to Deadstar Assembly - Send me an Angel*
you have good taste.
thanks.

if you want to post some of the lyrics i could tell you if it was.
http://www.2famouslyrics.com/d/deadstar-assembly/send-me-an-angel.html

I wouldnt know, I only heard it for the first time yesterday..

HA HA HA HA HA HA it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh man that is great. you need to download the original by real life. its this crazy 80's song. listen to the original, then listen to the cover again.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 04:15:20

At 4/17/04 03:48 AM, SoulShadower wrote: Ok guys. I just finished my new animation, the music video to Sleepless by Cradle of FIlth. View it here
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/162808
and vote 5!

i viewed and gave you high ratings. well done my friend. it was a winner. kick ass song too.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 05:30:09

Yeah, not a bad flash, i gave it a good score as well, good song too.

I think this group should be about enrichment as said, and all you guys who like nu-metal bands like Slipknot you really should check out some Melodic death metal, i.e. In Flames, Soilwork, Arch Enemy and Dark Tranquility. Only just over 6 months ago i was a big Nu-mrtal fans and I bought some In Flames and Arch Enemy CD's on a hunch and really loved them, and most of my friends who were/are into Nu-metal agreed when I made them listen to some, so much so that I now have 5 other people travelling with me to see In Flames live in London in a few days!

It seems that Headbanger is another convert, and a quick one it seems from what some of you have been posting, so i was wondering headbanger, how long ago did you find the great gothenburg scene bands like those you listed in your favourites?

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 06:04:29

-Wakes up to the sound of Deicide "Fuck Your God" on his P.C.-

I shall fiffen the movie when my Dial Up connection decides to let me watch it... Anyways, I missed out on a Cannibal Corpse tour date in London. I totally forgot all about it untill today and it was like, reviewed as a kick ass show in the last Rock-Sound mag (Placed conveniantly in a tiny bit in the corner where no one will notice it. Damn Nu-Metal bands filling up the space all the time....) Oh well, atleast there's the Wednesday 13 A Go-Go tour to go to.

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 06:12:55

At 4/17/04 05:30 AM, Falkowski wrote:
It seems that Headbanger is another convert, and a quick one it seems from what some of you have been posting, so i was wondering headbanger, how long ago did you find the great gothenburg scene bands like those you listed in your favourites?

Yeah, I just know them for about 5 or 6 days :D Thank CATS OF A PLENTY for that :) without him I wouldn't listen to the good stuff, and thank the German ROCKHARD forums :)

What's KoRn by the way? :D

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 06:56:45

yeah, i was suprised at first by the list of bands you liked after looking at the sites/clubs in your sig, Korn and co were who i started listening too, and if it wasn't for those bands becoming popular I might not have got into heavier, and in my opinion, better bands.

Also I was just wondering, has anyone else here heard of a band called Ektomorf, they are a Hungarian death metal band with tribal influnces, ive only heard two songs but they are both good, they list Sepultura as their biggest influence and it shows, quite similar stuff with a gypsy influnce.
if you feel like checking them out their main website is down but you can see them on their record label's site at : <A>http://www.nuclearblastusa.com/bands/ektomorf.html<A>
And you can see their video for the single "I Know Them" here:
<A>http://www.nuclearblast.de/band_show.php3?action=video&artist=679<A>
Hope you check them out if they sound like they might intrest you.

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 07:01:16

At 4/17/04 06:56 AM, Falkowski wrote: yeah, i was suprised at first by the list of bands you liked after looking at the sites/clubs in your sig, Korn and co were who i started listening too, and if it wasn't for those bands becoming popular I might not have got into heavier, and in my opinion, better bands.

yeah, I'll just let those clubs die :)

Also I was just wondering, has anyone else here heard of a band called Ektomorf, they are a Hungarian death metal band with tribal influnces, ive only heard two songs but they are both good, they list Sepultura as their biggest influence and it shows, quite similar stuff with a gypsy influnce.

Tribal influence? Sepultura influence? Sounds interesting :) I'll check them out right now..

Do we have Iced Earth fans here? Haven't heard any song from them yet, but it should be pretty interesting, any suggestions from those who know them?

Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 07:15:02

Ive heard some of Iced Earth's music, from their new album at least, if you like power metal you will most probably like them, ans their new album " The Glorius burden" is meant to be very good, but thats just what i have heard, seeing as you like Nightwish you probably will like them.