00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~

133,385 Views | 1,941 Replies

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-05 06:34:07

I'm the 34th richest user there.

Haha, beat that.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-05 06:37:42

At 12/5/04 06:34 AM, duke___ wrote: I'm the 34th richest user there.

Haha, beat that.

yes, i deposit for kurtiz, nd claim is acount for ma own, so what?

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-05 18:25:54

At 12/5/04 04:15 AM, SeeD419 wrote: I can't get in....again. Anybody know what the hell this means?

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/retrogad/includes/db.inc on line 22
Login Error:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

That was a nasty little hiccup that the site had last night. For some reason, the SQL database decided it wanted to disappear for half an hour. Scared the shit out of me. Fortunately, it came back, so all is well.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-05 18:28:43

hey ShittyKitty ive been having some login problems. i go to login, enter my name and my password and it says its wrong. i go to i forgot my password, get the email and my new password is given to me. i copy it, go to the login and paste it and im logged in. i go to the portal to vote and it says im not logged in and i go to the forums to post and it says im not logged in. : (

The fab king.

Used to be Darkness.

|[Gym]|[Hiphop]|[Fab Lounge]

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-05 18:56:54

Haha, beat that.

That's nothing to be proud of.

Unless you're talking to the top 33, then I guess you could brag.

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-05 19:11:28

At 12/5/04 06:34 AM, duke___ wrote: Haha, beat that.

I did beat that. Number 19, and being a rich user doesn't mean shit on RG anymore. Too bad you can't do anything with the money. Although, I think you'd be number 1 or pretty close for bans there.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-05 21:50:08

At 12/5/04 09:10 PM, -Alex- wrote:
At 12/5/04 06:28 PM, -Darkness- wrote: hey ShittyKitty ive been having some login problems.
I get the same problem

Try going to http://www.retrogade.com instead of http://retrogade.com

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-05 21:54:14

Try going to http://www.retrogade.com instead of http://retrogade.com

wow man i love u lol. thanks alot, btw to let u know a ton of retrogades images arnt displaying.

The fab king.

Used to be Darkness.

|[Gym]|[Hiphop]|[Fab Lounge]

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-05 23:21:16

At 12/5/04 09:54 PM, -Darkness- wrote: wow man i love u lol. thanks alot, btw to let u know a ton of retrogades images arnt displaying.

I was goofing around with the hotlinking protection. Try it again, and they should be working fine.

At 12/5/04 10:14 PM, Gooch_20-04 wrote: Haha, hey guys, look at the sudden fluctuation in experience points. ShittyKitty's a level 30. :D

Heh heh. Did you also notice that I had 1,000,000 experience points? Bedn tried to out-do me with something like 1,834,765 points, but then I set him to -1,000,000. Then we got bored, so we set them back.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-06 00:57:46

Haha, beat that.

wow that seems like something that would be hard to beat. BUT I am 14th richest user. I have the 13th highest batting average. and I have the 23rd most posts. So I think I beat what you got....

also, Onic, dude, I can't believe your using that sig. lol, it is hilarious.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-06 01:11:03

Wow I have a lot of catching up to do i'm way down on those user lists. Meh i don't care anyway... *sobs*
DAMN YOU SCARY DEAD BOY my NEMISIS!!!

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-06 01:21:19

At 12/6/04 01:11 AM, ScaryDeadGirl wrote: Wow I have a lot of catching up to do i'm way down on those user lists. Meh i don't care anyway... *sobs*

well, if you want to give up on collecting money so you can be higher on the richest users list. You could always donate it to me ;)

DAMN YOU SCARY DEAD BOY my NEMISIS!!!

O_O you want war ? cause I'm ready you unscaryalivegirlygirl.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-07 07:38:52

At 12/5/04 11:21 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Then we got bored, so we set them back.

LMFAO, its almost like the whole site was just for your guys' personal amusement when you did that. Shown in the fact that you guys stoped when you guys got bored, haha. Thats great, we need more admins like you.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-09 03:56:50

At 12/9/04 03:17 AM, Quisty wrote: It is so nice all the changes that have been made.

thanks to those changes people can see my batting avarage and vote my work down (since i'm #1). i'd say it's okay it only one user would have done that, but a group of people do that. i bet it's chromius and his lackies, or some people who want their stuff to be rated higher.

words

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-09 04:19:58

At 12/9/04 04:14 AM, Quisty wrote: It happeneds to me too, but nothing I can do, so meh.

it happens to everyone, but look at this:
my batting avarage two days ago: 3.76
my batting avarage yesterday: 3.71
my batting avarage today: 3.66

is that normal? no.

My art just sucks I guess...

it doesn't suck, just have to look at it differently.

words

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-09 07:25:58

At 12/9/04 03:56 AM, iamnone wrote: i bet it's chromius and his lackies, or some people who want their stuff to be rated higher.

How about you stop talking shit about me you stupid fuck? I haven't even voted on a single one of your submissions since you changed your name. In fact, I'm at the point where I'm just viewing in the portal, rarely ever voting.

Always trying to instigate some sort of shit, aren't you? Fuck man...

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-09 08:07:14

At 12/9/04 07:25 AM, EdwardScissorhands wrote: How about you stop talking shit about me you stupid fuck? I haven't even voted on a single one of your submissions since you changed your name. In fact, I'm at the point where I'm just viewing in the portal, rarely ever voting.

oh.. i pissed you off, what a shame.
okay, so you tell me now you you rarely vote, should i believe you? i don't know you as a liar but i don't see any reason to believe you either. my batting avarage fell down like hell in the past two days, and you have a reason to vote it down.

Always trying to instigate some sort of shit, aren't you? Fuck man...

i'm not trying to instigate shit here. people vote my stuff down, i think you have something to do with it.

I live in fire and pain. The turmoild of the world is your problem

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-09 08:15:43

At 12/9/04 08:07 AM, -Apocalypse- wrote: i'm not trying to instigate shit here. people vote my stuff down, i think you have something to do with it.

is being top of the portal realy number one concern? i dont think it should be anymore now that we have favorites lists. that i so cool, im really happy about that, but i havent been able to take advantage of it yet. i was so glad to have a few mins before the site rejected me again. the renovations are coming along nicely... i just wish the login was simple and consistent, like newgrounds is. Theres just too many bugs in that system, although it is a vast improvement over where the site was months ago.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-09 08:22:25

At 12/9/04 08:15 AM, ArtistJ wrote: is being top of the portal realy number one concern? i dont think it should be anymore now that we have favorites lists.

i don't care of what my rank is, it's just that people vote my work down daily. i've posted above my last battings, i'm sure you'll get my point.

that i so cool, im really happy about that, but i havent been able to take advantage of it yet. i was so glad to have a few mins before the site rejected me again. the renovations are coming along nicely... i just wish the login was simple and consistent, like newgrounds is. Theres just too many bugs in that system, although it is a vast improvement over where the site was months ago.

sk has been working on the site for a few days, he did a great job as well as fixing system bugs. the site looks much better now.
and i don't know what problems you have with the login, for me it's as simple as newgrounds. maybe it's your explorer.

words

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-09 14:04:04

At 12/9/04 08:22 AM, iamnone wrote:
At 12/9/04 08:15 AM, ArtistJ wrote: is being top of the portal realy number one concern? i dont think it should be anymore now that we have favorites lists.
i don't care of what my rank is, it's just that people vote my work down daily. i've posted above my last battings, i'm sure you'll get my point.

that i so cool, im really happy about that, but i havent been able to take advantage of it yet. i was so glad to have a few mins before the site rejected me again. the renovations are coming along nicely... i just wish the login was simple and consistent, like newgrounds is. Theres just too many bugs in that system, although it is a vast improvement over where the site was months ago.
sk has been working on the site for a few days, he did a great job as well as fixing system bugs. the site looks much better now.
and i don't know what problems you have with the login, for me it's as simple as newgrounds. maybe it's your explorer.

nah, i use mozila firefox. i can get in, but i have to reset and retrive my password like ten times before it will tell me my password is correct. Most days i cant get in at all. when i can, as soon as the proxy servier on my lan network resets im loged out. I get logged out of newgrounds too, but not as quickly, and newgrounds never rejects my fucking password. its gay as hell.. i shouldnt have to log in and out and check my spam box on my email 15 times berfore logging in. Maybe i would be a more prominent member of the site if i disnt have these problems. part of it is on my end, but i know im not the only person with issues loging in to the site.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-09 14:34:39

Yeah, everyone can accuse everyone of shit, but there's no point behind that, is there? If I wanted to vote your stuff down, I wouldn't be all secretive about it - not everyone is a sly assmunch like yourself, who have to try extra hard to be ambiguous about everything they do.

Oh, I stole your name, but I did it for a SECRET reason.

What's my reason to vote your stuff on the portal down? I've already stated repetitively that people shouldn't even give a crap about their position on the listing since there are only about a total of 3 or 4 artists on RG who actually have a clue about digital art and the know-how to vote accordingly. The RG Portal is a cesspool. There are SIG PACKS on the top 50. So if that's my mindframe, why the hell would I waste my time just to spite your work? I don't hold hold spiteful grudges and constantly keep a vengeful state of mind, in fact, I've done my best to avoid you and everything about you unless you started something first.

If you -really- didn't care about what your ranking was, you wouldn't be pissing your pants trying to deduce who's been voting your work down. I don't give a crap about what my ranking is, so you don't see me bantering about how I think you've been voting down my work. Maybe you should stop trying so hard to assume that people are out to get you and just use your logic. Obviously if people feel that you don't deserve the #1 spot, some will vote your work down. Can you sit there and tell me in all honesty that -you- think you deserve the top spot of all the artists on RG? If you do, you need a serious reality check. If not, stop crying and just peacefully watch as your batting average drops accordingly.

Christ, wah wah wah... go check with SK and ask him to check the vote log then. Then you can feel like a real idiot for accusing me of stuff that you have NO logical evidence on whatsoever.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-09 16:01:54

At 12/9/04 02:34 PM, EdwardScissorhands wrote: Obviously if people feel that you don't deserve the #1 spot, some will vote your work down. Can you sit there and tell me in all honesty that -you- think you deserve the top spot of all the artists on RG? If you do, you need a serious reality check. If not, stop crying and just peacefully watch as your batting average drops accordingly.

wait, he was #1? he is Chronium! oh, ok. i had no idea who he was. Oh, then no shit people would vote you down. People would vote me down if i was #1 too. Just get over it and be glad people respect that you are making contributions. oh by the way, i looked at all 9 of your photoshops. I couldnt vote because im locked out at the momment and im not gonna fuck with it to get back in just to vote

however, i can honestly say that i vote you down on a regular basis. And its not because i knew you were number one, because i didnt until EdwardScissorhands clued me in. i vote you down because you make stupid gradient swirls like ones i used when i first learned how to do that on photoshop 5.5 when i was a freshman in highschool. Those are boring as hell and are just lame. why would i spend more than 10 seconds looking at that? what compositional elements have you applyed in them?
I mean, none of my works require much effort, and i myself am a tottaly overratted artist, but at least i take the time to name my submissions. get off your fucking cloud, Chronium.

~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-09 16:38:45

k, so you probably missed my state: "i don't care of what my rank is, it's just that people vote my work down daily".
that means i don't care of my rank, but i do care that people vote down daily. if you have problems with gradients, zero the gradients, i don't fucking care.
i don't think i should be number 1 nor do i want to, some other people deserve is more than i do.

and just in case you're wondering, i don't put much effort on my works because of one simple thing: rg is popularity contest. it has been said before and i'm saying it again now. it doesn't matter how hard you work on your photoshops, if you're not popular among the forums, you won't get a fair rank. this is why photoshop works like hulk and some other have made aren't rated fairly.

chrom, read the "why" thread.

words

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-09 16:59:08

At 12/9/04 04:38 PM, iamnone wrote: k, so you probably missed my state: "i don't care of what my rank is, it's just that people vote my work down daily".
that means i don't care of my rank, but i do care that people vote down daily.

What does the voting down of entires affect other than your rank? Pft, contradictory shit.

if you have problems with gradients, zero the gradients, i don't fucking care.

You JUST said you had a problem with people voting down your stuff daily.. then you openly give permission for J to zero your gradients (which is basically EVERYTHING). Can you make up your mind?

and just in case you're wondering, i don't put much effort on my works because of one simple thing: rg is popularity contest.

THEN WHAT PROBLEM DO YOU HAVE WITH PEOPLE VOTING YOUR STUFF DOWN DAILY? LITTLE EFFORT = LOW VOTING. YOU ARE THE MOST CONTRADICTARY POSTER I'VE EVER READ POSTS FROM.

chrom, read the "why" thread.

It was -that- simple of an explanation and you couldn't explain it when I first asked? Right, of course I believe that you didn't come up with that excuse afterwards.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-09 17:17:44

At 12/9/04 04:59 PM, EdwardScissorhands wrote: You JUST said you had a problem with people voting down your stuff daily.. then you openly give permission for J to zero your gradients (which is basically EVERYTHING). Can you make up your mind?

i don't use gradients a lot, just in case you didn't notice. most of the twirled stuff doesn't have a gradient base and, surprisingly, some of my work doesn't include gradients at all.
if you feel like voting down works that were made with gradients, you can find dozens of them on the portal. do you vote those down as well?

THEN WHAT PROBLEM DO YOU HAVE WITH PEOPLE VOTING YOUR STUFF DOWN DAILY? LITTLE EFFORT = LOW VOTING. YOU ARE THE MOST CONTRADICTARY POSTER I'VE EVER READ POSTS FROM.

does that mean they should vote 0 daily? no.

It was -that- simple of an explanation and you couldn't explain it when I first asked? Right, of course I believe that you didn't come up with that excuse afterwards.

ask axe. i gave him the explanation before he has changed the name. if you don't believe me then hopefully you will believe him.

i'm not going to continue this shit here, because it's counted as a flame war/spam/whatever. if you want to complain about it, email me. i am also willing to send you psd files to show you that some of my work doesn't include gradients.

words

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-09 18:07:54

At 12/9/04 05:17 PM, iamnone wrote:
i don't use gradients a lot, just in case you didn't notice. most of the twirled stuff doesn't have a gradient base and, surprisingly, some of my work doesn't include gradients at all.

Whatever man, I can't say that I really care. J was the one who brought up that your work was gradient based, all I know is that they're just tutorialized swirls which any Photoshop amateur can read and do.

if you feel like voting down works that were made with gradients, you can find dozens of them on the portal. do you vote those down as well?

What did I just say about me hardly voting at all? Are you having difficulty reading or something? I can say that besides my first enthusiastic months at RG, I don't think I've even voted for a single entry more than once - so stop with the entire bit of making it seem like I target specific genres and try to completely destroy their scores. On top of that, the authors of gradient swirly works don't hold the #1 position on RG, so that's why the public doesn't target them.

does that mean they should vote 0 daily? no.

Why not? They should vote 0 daily until the score drops to something that they think is more reasonable. Once again, if you don't care about your rank, and you don't put effort into your works, why should you care how people vote on it?

i'm not going to continue this shit here, because it's counted as a flame war/spam/whatever.

I LOVE that part. Always, -ALWAYS- trying to instigate something, and then when it comes to the point where you've been proven to be unjustified, you say, "oh no! It's turning into a flame war, plz stop." Well here's a better solution if you really care about tainting threads with flame wars, STOP INITIATING THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE. Maybe if you never made such a ridiculously pompous claim at me purposely getting people to gang up on your submissions, none of this would've started in the first place.

Stop mentioning me if you don't have facts to back up your claims, I don't want anything to do with you - so I'd appreciate it if you made an effort to stop slandering my name.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-09 18:21:38

At 11/25/04 11:47 AM, Zendra wrote: I'm in! Since I'am a forum moderator there. :)

yah, took my spot

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-09 19:53:36

At 12/9/04 05:17 PM, iamnone wrote:

well, im asueming you make your designs by making a new layer, taking the gradient tool, selecting two colors and setting that tool to "difference" on the taskbar, then you overlap a few of these gradients, go to filter>distort>twirl or a similar effect. Use the marque to crop areas an add more distort filters, and then use the "smudge" tool to touch up, shrink it to an mediocere size and submit it. Any of you fellow retrogaders wanna follow my steps and see what you come up with? maybe that isnt exactly what you do, there are always multiple routes to get to a similar endpoint in photoshop.

the main reason people probabaly vote down your shit is because its just not that visualy appealing. it doesnt hold any real composition, feeling, mood or detail, all of which keep the viewers attention and keep them coming back for more. maybe you should expand your opperations and develop some diferent techniques and explore your options. Id love to see you move in a new direction artisticly.

dont worry i vote down other peices that i feel lack detail and subject matter too. im just not a fan of modernism in art. its post-impresionism or later for me, either that or cartoons.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-09 20:00:40

At 12/9/04 06:21 PM, -trix- wrote: yah, took my spot

He was both and admin and a mod before you were a modded and was after and before you were demodded. Sorry, but thats just plain incorrect.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-15 17:19:49

umm hey, i lost my premium access, when my name got changed,so could u guys vot e for me?
http://www.retrogade.com/photo...srchtype=artist&term=Svare